Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer

Dragoncat

Just now, Benice said:

Because he has nothing personal to do with the conflict aside from the BK, who we still think is dead for quite a while, because he has to land the final blow, because he has to be the perfect paragon for everyone else. And because he's static so he comes across as boring a lot of people.

Check out this short analysis. It might give you perspective on why that isn't the case. http://thecrusadergrant.blogspot.com/2018/03/defense-against-dark-criticisms-part-1.html

Also, not understanding his arc in PoR or having experienced it in full may influence why Ike's presence in RD doesn't make sense to you. You don't have to agree, of course. But I think there's a lot of flak given to his presence in RD when it's not well-deserved.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Why did Ike have to ruin RD?

He didn't.

Why do people say that Ike is perfect? He's made a good number of mistakes. PoR shows that clearly.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragoncat

• twilit

• Sooks

• DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Also, not understanding his arc in PoR or having experienced it in full may influence why Ike's presence in RD doesn't make sense to you.

I watched a playthrough of it and have read most of the supports. I get WHY he's there, I simply think that he hugely detracts from it.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Why do people say that Ike is perfect? He's made a good number of mistakes. PoR shows that clearly.

Because he isn't shown to be flawed in the context of RD. Compared to Elincia, who gets a character arc across both RD and PoR, and Micaiah, who struggles a lot and is constantly suffering It's the juxtaposition between Ike, a mostly flawless paragon, Elincia, who ends up needing to be rescued by Ike TWICE in RD, and Micaiah, who loses handily to him, is deeply flawed and proven to be wrong by the story very frequently. PoR has events and characters that tie over. Some characters have their arcs continue, like Elincia, Renning, Sanaki, Bastian and others. Ike doesn't. He's static, he's flat and he simply dominates the story while he doesn't develop as a character. Considering how much is going on offscreen in Begnion, it's a bloody shame that we don't get to see it and have part 3 have a Sanaki section.

How can anyone consider Micaiah to be a Mary Sue?

Yes, as Emperor of Shrimps, you are automatically given the title of Father Shrimpmas.

Should I add a small statement at the bottom of the new thread I created to tell people to stay civil, or should I just leave it up to them and trust that they'll be polite to each other?

Edited by twilitfalchion

Because Berwick Saga isn't a multiplayer game so everyone fights to be able to play it.

Why is my brain moving .so slowy today?

Because you’re an extremely likable guy, making it very easy to imagine.

When will the next fe be announced?

Ninja’d, Twilit hasn’t had enough eggnog.

Edited by Sooks

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Because you're nice.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Because you’re an extremely likable guy, making it very easy to imagine

You all are being far too nice.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Why won't Twilit believe?

Because it's painfully difficult to believe something positive for yourself when you don't feel like you deserve anything good. And when you know that anyone can do better than you in their choice for a companion.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

When will the next fe be announced?

On December 21! My cousin's uncle who works at Nintendo told me.

Why am I so blessed to be able to chat with such nice people.

What goes around comes around. Your karma was saved up.

Which FED videos should I watch again? I went to the channel and just starting watching fe3h how-to videos that I already know the answers to because I like fe3h xD

You could try his chat sabotage streams (Fates: Conquest or whichever game you want to watch). He also does multiple streams a week and is currently playing through Project Ember. He'll probably stream FE1 on Switch tonight, so maybe tune in then?

Really, anything of his that catches your attention. Or not at all if you don't want to.

Why is Ike x Lethe the OTP?