Create an FE Character

Corrobin

Valkyrie

Thesiene has long, black hair that goes almost to the ground. This would be a little more impressive if Thesiene weren't 4'6. Her robe is silver and black, as well as far, far too large for her. It's very soft, enough that Thesiene occasionally falls asleep in it. She has a blue pendant that she never removes and keeps asmall charm in her left boot.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(DAMMIT I WAS HOPING WE'D FINALLY GET OUR LORD CHARACTER)

The Lady of Thrimevis is an experienced leader, having consistently defended the people under her rule from the dangerous environments in her domain. She takes an approach with others of reconciling what they share in terms of dreams, causes and wants and uses that to effectively direct and command, which helps her inspire others but she often is seen as manipulative by those who are frustrated by her successes. Doesn't take issue with her height being slighted, but does get defensive when those she gets along with are being disparaged or if she's being insulted about not seeming proper, such as when she's sleeping standing or when discussing with commoners who she has come to know.

Seeing as she's a prepromoted unit with solid bases, her growths aren't impressive. Low Mag and Res growths contrast her good bases, while low Def and Dex are consistent for her. Meanwhile she has a quite good Spd and Luk base and growth. Strength could be impressive growth wise, but due to prior events has a low base.

On 12/10/2020 at 12:10 PM, Dayni said:

(DAMMIT I WAS HOPING WE'D FINALLY GET OUR LORD CHARACTER)

Maybe next time.

Thesiene has the personal skill Got Your Back, which grants +10 hit, avoid, and critical avoid to the lead unit when she is the supporting unit in either an attack or guard stance.

On 12/10/2020 at 12:10 PM, Dayni said:

prior events

She got stabbed and the wound got infected. It was pretty bad, messiest failure Lark ever had.

The small march of Thrimevis is small is a close ally of the lord's home duchy, but has always been afflicted by rampant crime and banditry. Monsters, earthquakes, and a volcano have always made it difficult to effectively administer, but when Thesiene inherited the position of marquess at a (predictably) young age, she decided to break with tradition and actually enforce some law and order. Against all odds she actually survived her endeavor, much to the annoyance of those who conducted illegal dealings there. She also earned many enemies by pestering bordering territories for aid and pushing bandits out of her lands, which had serves as a drainage ditch for criminal scum for decades. Several hits were ordered on her and all have failed so far.

Supports:

• Lark
    • Kind of an awkward meeting, but since they're on the same side now, they just sorta have to get over it. The abnormal softness of Thesiene's coat becomes a subject of conversation due to Lark's textile hobbies.
  • Ajax
    • The warrior priest seeks to aid Thesiene in her recovery using his healing powers, but he is not very good at it. He gets kind of angry about that.
  • Isaac
    • "You look like a child."
    • "I'm 37."
    • He might apologize for something his noble house did, similar to our next contestant-
  • Sonata
    • The young troubadour sees Thesiene as a potential role model, but has trouble actual being encouraging and empathetic and having all those other important traits.
Edited by AnonymousSpeed

• 8 months later...

You know what? Let's reboot this a little.

We had this last time:

In order to create more interesting characters with more depth, I am editing/changing the rules to the following:

The first poster gives the character a name, gender, and a title to be used.

The second poster then gives them their class (and promotion options, if necessary), and a basic appearance.

The third gives rough growth outlines and a personality and background.

Finally, the fourth poster gives skills, and outlines their supports with other characters. It also supplies extra bonus events they're involved in, like special dialogue for fighting characters or people they can recruit or unique events they can activate.

Thing is, this led to the fourth post being overlong, making it more likely for the thread to slow down. So, I want to change the order a bit.

1: Character name, gender, title

2: Character class, skills, growths

3: Personality, background, appearance

4: Supports, optional events, miscellaneous

Or it could be turned into a three post cycle, I'll let the next poster decide.

1: Character name, gender, title, class

3: Personality, background, appearance, growths

4: Supports, skills, optional events, miscellaneous

16 hours ago, Dayni said:

You know what? Let's reboot this a little.

Oh hey, a revival.

I think you hit the nail on the head about the fourth post. It was fun sometimes but often got to be a little too much. Personally, I think it would be good if the cycle had personality and background separate, so one person comes up with characteristics and another comes up with reasons for them. However, between the two cycles you presented, I do prefer the first one with four parts a bit more.

5 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I think you hit the nail on the head about the fourth post. It was fun sometimes but often got to be a little too much. Personally, I think it would be good if the cycle had personality and background separate, so one person comes up with characteristics and another comes up with reasons for them. However, between the two cycles you presented, I do prefer the first one with four parts a bit more.

Yeah, that's the thing about it: the personality and background were always left together and the idea of this should be to divide the work as best as we can. A consequence of there being an upper limit to how many posts per character is viable.

Let's try it with personality and appearance in the second and skills and growths in the third then.

Erwin, The Lion Cub (M)

Mercenary, (Bow Knight vs Hero as promotion options).

Erwin is has a bad case of babyface, which is hurt by the fact that he's already pretty young. He's 17, but you could easily mistake him for being 13 or 14. Erwin has blonde hair and green eyes, and his armor is a dark navy blue with golden accents. He's of average height, muscular but not a beefcake, and he's moderately pale-skinned.

Erwin's personality could easily be described as "naive, but aware of that fact". He's very brave for someone his age, he has a bit of a big brother streak, and he does genuinely believe that serving in the army is going to help save people and stop the war... but he's also aware that even when all of this is over, things won't be the same, and there will have been tragic losses on all sides. 

Erwin's deepest legacy is that his family have lived near the lord's domain since his grandfather's days. He decided not to work for the lord two years ago, deciding to help people in other regions in the kingdom before an encounter with a roving band of deserters helps convince him that the war that's now started requires him to join an army focused on ending it.

Being a young enough buck and a unit with some experience, he's got good growths for the most part like with his Strength and Speed, with his lowest being in Magic, Resistance (befitting his naivety) and slightly higher Defence and Skill. His bases are alright with his defences being noticeably lower than his HP, Strength and Speed alongside a middling Skill and a high Luck.

Skills: (For promoted, Bow Knight/Hero)

Personal: On Guard for Thee (Takes -3 Damage if adjacent to an ally when in combat) 1:  +10 Crit Evade 10: Strong Riposte (+4 Attack if enemy initiates) 5: Clip Mount (Combat art with increased range and horse effectiveness)/Sol (Combat art with unit healing = damage dealt by unit) 15: Point Blank (Is able to use bows at 1 range)/Fierce Might (Gets +5 to Str/Mag/Def/Res if defeating a foe in combat on player phase)