Latest Etrian Odyssey To Be Announced 4/10: Etrian Odyssey X (Cross) Revealed!

So many of my favourite classes, how am I supposed to choose just five of them?!!?!??!?!?!

I wonder if they keep the hair and eye colour mixing from EO5. I like modelling them after favourite characters from other games.

48 minutes ago, Efina Leonhart said:

So many of my favourite classes, how am I supposed to choose just five of them?!!?!??!?!?!

I wonder if they keep the hair and eye colour mixing from EO5. I like modelling them after favourite characters from other games.

Subs boost the number somewhat (though they gives so many different buils options, that it may be an even bigger issue...). And you can still do what I did in EOV : Share the experience between all classes.

No non-Humans classes though...

Anyway this is fantastic news !

Hopefully we'll get more information soon.

Edited by Tamanoir

3 minutes ago, Tamanoir said:

And you can still do what I did in EOV : Share the experience between all classes.

I would do that if it wouldn't make crazy to see my characters have different amounts of exp or, god forbid, different levels. I mellowed out a bit, but in the beginning I would reset when one character died in battle and didn't get exp. (Games where characters always get exp even if they're defeated or in the back row are easier on my poor heart)

28 minutes ago, Efina Leonhart said:

I would do that if it wouldn't make crazy to see my characters have different amounts of exp or, god forbid, different levels. I mellowed out a bit, but in the beginning I would reset when one character died in battle and didn't get exp. (Games where characters always get exp even if they're defeated or in the back row are easier on my poor heart)

I can understand that. I made my FE and Pokémon runs way harder because of this.

7 hours ago, Tamanoir said:

No non-Humans classes though...

Arcanist.

But yeah I'd have liked Bushi or more of V's. Bushi could emphasize Clubs to provide us with a strong source of Bash damage.

But it doesn't appear to have a summon row, yet Ninja is getting in, so they could have made Rover and Wildling work since they only need one empty slot to function. Yggdroid and Necromancer would have needed more, which doesn't work except on a gimmick less than 5 team.

Botanist vs. Medic- maybe if they emphasized Graced Poisoner and made Medic pure healing, but of course we don't know anyone's skill pool yet.

Warlock- if they chose to focus on Omnimancer and made Zodiac more pure elemental outside of Meteor they could be different.

Shaman- as long as it doesn't overlap too much with what the Sov and Zodiac can do.

Masurao- has to compete with Ronin and Shogun, maybe if it emphasized Blade Dancer.

Beast- I wish one of these was in, another tank option.

8 hours ago, Efina Leonhart said:

They are keeping that.

Spoiler

2018-04-09_213054

Upper left screenshot.

9 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Hopefully they'll add in more missing classes via DLC at some point.

I wish they would just the same. My picks, one per game, would be:

1. Alchemist with Light/Pain Formulas and Palms emphasized, or Troubadour. DH overshadows Pugilist and Nightseeker too much. Hexer must compete with Arcanist.
  2. Beast (or Fafnir with -Wave emphasis)
  3. Wildling or Buccaneer
  4. Dancer- the self-buffs that function on lines allows for more buff stacking- or Fortress if no Beast.
  5. Haven't played yet, so can't decide.

I'd spend $10 for a pack of five.

With 19 classes, you almost wish they'd increase party size to 7 with two 4-holding rows. But that'd make battles just take longer.

And with Force Boost & Break returning, which is a fair choice of which of Force, Limit, Burst, and Union to bring back, I can already predict the Imperialist will have Ignition and Overdrive converted to Force Boost and Break respectively. Ignition lasts for 3 turns already and does something very unique to the Imperialist, while Overdrive is a strong target-all that ends the Ignition as soon as it is used. Nightseeker could get the DH's Trance, and Arcanist Creeping Curse.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Before we know it, they will release Etrian Odyssey XX and Etrian Odyssey Generations. Then they will release the biggest hit, an open world game with the name Etrian Odyssey World.

Edited by Magical CC

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/04/11/etrian-odyssey-x-director-talks-series-first-world-map-new-hero-class/

Most interestingly, the Hero class is meant to be an all-rounder, with offense, defense, and healing in its kit. Subclassing with it could be super interesting, if that's true.

54 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/04/11/etrian-odyssey-x-director-talks-series-first-world-map-new-hero-class/

Most interestingly, the Hero class is meant to be an all-rounder, with offense, defense, and healing in its kit. Subclassing with it could be super interesting, if that's true.

Really curious if thats the direction its going. I'm guessing it would have garden variety offensive skills, damage mitigation, and ST heal. Unlike Necro they didn't specify ailments, support, and tanking specifically so it should have enough push on its 3 main areas

Just thinking, might Shogun be retooled into buffing with physical offense secondary? EOIII's classes need an overhaul. Shogun had some buffs in III, and in EOX it has to compete with Ronin as the Eastern Warrior class, and Ronin is sure to be pure versatile offense. Sovereign is the only pure buff class in this game that we can tell, so giving us another would be good. Ronin + Sovereign = Shogun, literally- a monarch among samurai. Keep Warrior's Might (but nerf it), and keep a few token physical attacks for some offense. Between Link Orders and other tricks, like TP regen and buffing characters with elements (assuming they blend the U2 and III Sovs), the Sov would still have plenty of unique tricks up its sleeve.

Hero reminds me of Dragon Quest III, that game also has a Hero class that more or less is some of everything you could want in a unit. Although the default green hair and decorative headpiece reminds me more of the DQIV male Hero.

As someone pointed out in a locked topic, these are the base stats of a Hero:

Spoiler

61vxoeRYRAL._SL1000_.jpg

Everything looks good and balanced (though we don't know how others start), but that Int tells me it should stick to physical unless it has high Int-attack skill multipliers. That Luc is also very low, probably because they realized they couldn't give a Hero everything and chose to cut Binds & Ailments. If Hero is intended to be a clutch for newbies at least in part, this wasn't a bad move, since Bs & As aren't something I'd expect beginners to know are very good.

Knowing the Hero can "defend" eases my concerns about having only the Protector for easy damage mitigation somewhat.

Also, the male Hero looked familiar. His eyes have the same glow and color as Baldur's.

Spoiler

Emperor Baldur

If I run a male Hero, I might then call him Hodr- brother of Baldur.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just thinking, might Shogun be retooled into buffing with physical offense secondary? EOIII's classes need an overhaul. Shogun had some buffs in III, and in EOX it has to compete with Ronin as the Eastern Warrior class, and Ronin is sure to be pure versatile offense. Sovereign is the only pure buff class in this game that we can tell, so giving us another would be good. Ronin + Sovereign = Shogun, literally- a monarch among samurai. Keep Warrior's Might (but nerf it), and keep a few token physical attacks for some offense. Between Link Orders and other tricks, like TP regen and buffing characters with elements (assuming they blend the U2 and III Sovs), the Sov would still have plenty of unique tricks up its sleeve.

Hide contents

Hide contents

I think the real worry with Shogun + ROnin + Land is the triple class having chain as their special trick thing. Shogun could definitely get High Ground and Armor Pierce transported from EO5

Come to think of it Masu BM path seems to be basically most of Shogun. Ronin have their set up gimmick after all

41 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I think the real worry with Shogun + ROnin + Land is the triple class having chain as their special trick thing. Shogun could definitely get High Ground and Armor Pierce transported from EO5

Shogun- Warrior's Might or Blitz Command.

Landy- Well as EOIV design, it should be Links.

Ronin- Perfect Chaser.

Gunner for Action Boost?

Nightseeker for Follow Trace?

Or Ninja for a clone to proc another attack?

Sub Sov on someone or carry Oils for imbuing elements?

Sounds like a decent hyperoffensive team.

Also, thanks for the Masurao info. I'm going to run one as a BM once I get EOV. Originally I was P-M-D-W-B. But then I replaced the W for a N, and then I heard H is great on lockdown so I've replaced the D with an H, facilitating the need to do BM over BD from what I hear. F-D-R-W-S will be my second run's team.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Level 1 stats from a combination of the trailer and famitsu:

Medic
HP : 50
TP : 55
STR : 12
INT : 16
VIT : 14
WIS : 20
AGI : 11
LUC : 15
TP : 41
STR : 17
INT : 10
VIT : 18
WIS : 11
AGI : 16
LUC : 13
TP : 53
STR : 10
INT : 18
VIT : 16
WIS : 17
AGI : 9
LUC : 14
TP : 57
STR : 14
INT : 15
VIT : 16
WIS : 18
AGI : 13
LUC : 16
TP : 47
STR : 15
INT : 12
VIT : 17
WIS : 16
AGI : 15
LUC : 9

Most notably is that Wisdom (V's new stat, which healing and magic defense is based off of) is the Harbinger's highest stat, leading many to think that it's mostly going to be Deathguard. 

11 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Most notably is that Wisdom (V's new stat, which healing and magic defense is based off of) is the Harbinger's highest stat, leading many to think that it's mostly going to be Deathguard.

Hmm... if Medic is 20 Wisdom, and the Medic is to healing what the Zodiac should be to Int attacks, then that might give us something of a barometer as to how strong each class will end up being in a stat. Using a 9-20 scale for bases, you can get an idea of how viable a unit should be with a given stat.

However, looking at EOIII, an Arbalist starts with 1 more Str than a Yggdroid, but ends up being 4 points weaker. So bases don't say everything exactly.

As for the Harbinger, well Nightseeker, Pugilist, and War Magus may all be able to capitalize on big damage via Binds and Ails, so opting not for a fourth could make sense.

Man i actually kinda like Deathguard. Their design idea as a fast healer who can contribute to damage which cycles back into their stuff is really cool

Their biggest value back in 5 was Wilting Miasma(improved success rate for ailments and bind) and Eroding Miasma(defense debuff for both kind of damage) with Ephemeral Reap works badly, sadly since debuff removal is their requirement for damage making its damage potential really low

It kinda overlaps with Botanist though

I really hope they didnt become fodder class because all their stuff leads to being the ultimate fodder class. Imagine how dirty Auto Miasma armor could be in random battles while having stupid good debuff for everyone on the roster

Pugilist is going to be pretty interesting because of how messed up they were in 5

Full info compilement + Famitsu interview translation: https://www.rpgsite.net/news/7041-etrian-odyssey-x-is-a-compilation-which-combines-all-good-aspects-of-past-series-games

And on another somewhat related note, gamefaqs finds the discussion of buff classes inappropriately sexual: 

Etrian_Odyssey_X_Message_Board_for_-_Gam

http://www.4gamer.net/games/415/G041562/20180416003/

New info: 

The first labyrinth is a place called "Maginia." Maginia are the ruins shown off previously. 

EDIT: The city is named Maginia? I only just now seen the Famitsu article and apparently I cannot read. I forgot to mention all 60 voice options, which I assume are reused from 5 and the new ones are added in. 

We have full art of Hero class now

Two new (?) characters named Vivian and Kwasil

Labyrinth of world tree X

And some new guy named Muller who is probably the new Guildmaster. 

Our new royal, Persephone, named after the daughter of Zeus and Demeter. 

Also the deers are back, rejoice in the deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers. 

Edited by Kazuya
I'm dumb and cannot read.

Take the money. Take the money so hard.
I know the why, a celebreation of the series, but I don't know the how, but take the money.

I hope the colors customizations... or all of it for that matters, will be even more pushed, I really loved those gimmicks.

Speaking of gimmick, I wonder what will the Hero's be ? Be a Wanderer class ? A easy more ? A Solo ? A Fafnir ? Man do I miss Fafnir even if it was ridiculously, disgustingly, overpowered.
So uh, subclasses ? Aka suffering my old friend ? That's gonna be hard on my head. Gotta be in the game, there's just too much classes, way too much for it not being there.
I don't even want to start creating a team yet. :(

... Persephone and Muller looks shady as heeeeeeeeeeeeeell.

On 07/04/2018 at 2:12 AM, Sunwoo said:

WHAT

Is this for real I thought EO5 was the last one

Please don't take forever to be localized

*insert Gandalf creepy laugh*

Friendly reminder:  The localization of SMT:Strange Journey Delux will be out in May. It was out in Japan the 26/10...2017. It'll take them 7 mouths for the localization of a remake of a DS game and not even a full one apparently.
Meanwhile in the past.  EO5 04/08/2016 in Japan. 17/10/2017 for USA and EUR, if my fatigue doesn't get me too much, more than a year.

... The wait, if there will be one that is, will be long.

On 11/04/2018 at 4:47 AM, Magical CC said:

Before we know it, they will release Etrian Odyssey XX and Etrian Odyssey Generations. Then they will release the biggest hit, an open world game with the name Etrian Odyssey World.

Awaken ! Ayayaya !
Ahaha, that's way too ambitious, and too much freedom would be bad in the long run, but the idea is appealing.

On 4/14/2018 at 3:27 AM, The DanMan said:

Full info compilement + Famitsu interview translation: https://www.rpgsite.net/news/7041-etrian-odyssey-x-is-a-compilation-which-combines-all-good-aspects-of-past-series-games

And on another somewhat related note, gamefaqs finds the discussion of buff classes inappropriately sexual: 

Reveal hidden contents

That's because it's "jack-of-all-trades", not "jack-off-all-trades".  One letter is important!

In other words, please proofread your stuff before deciding that it's GameFAQs fault.

12 hours ago, B.Leu said:

Awaken ! Ayayaya !
Ahaha, that's way too ambitious, and too much freedom would be bad in the long run, but the idea is appealing.

I was making fun of the game name because it reminds me of Monster Hunter Generations with a big cross in the logo and same concept.

18 minutes ago, Magical CC said:

I was making fun of the game name because it reminds me of Monster Hunter Generations with a big cross in the logo and same concept.

Oh, I know, I just purposedly ignored it to imagine what a EO open word would be.
Basically, I was in a happy dream.