Another FEH Channel Confirmed on Monday (for most)

@bottlegnomes I usually say wind because the fire and earth don't really fit him  in my opinion. The elements match up to character affinities but I also see it as ties to their power or character; Ephraim's blood knight behavior and his thirst for battle tend to line up with a fire being wild and unquenchable, while I cant speak for Ike, Grima's is supposed to come off as insurmountable force of nature mostly do to it's power and how much it's existence affects nature or the irony of it's existence leads me to believe earth conveys it best. With Marth however he's a kindhearted soul who'd rallies people with his own charisma rather than strength and serves as the winds of change in his own conflict and he's primarily remembered for the type of person he was and not the power he wields. 

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MisfitMiju said:

@bottlegnomes I usually say wind because the fire and earth don't really fit him  in my opinion. The elements match up to character affinities but I also see it as ties to their power or character; Ephraim's blood knight behavior and his thirst for battle tend to line up with a fire being wild and unquenchable, while I cant speak for Ike, Grima's is supposed to come off as insurmountable force of nature mostly do to it's power and how much it's existence affects nature or the irony of it's existence leads me to believe earth conveys it best. With Marth however he's a kindhearted soul who'd rallies people with his own charisma rather than strength and serves as the winds of change in his own conflict and he's primarily remembered for the type of person he was and not the power he wields. 

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. I guess I always saw him more for his resolve, both to overcoming Medeus, and to protecting his allies. Both of those to me lend him more to being earth, steadfast amd supportive. Fire is that in SD he is a little more aggressive and wants to destroy Gra for their betrayal, as well as being passionate about his beliefs, which I associate passion with fire.

I guess I could see him being basically any element at this point, which suits him to a certain extent.

Camus is still amazing for most PvE content, and the only reason he's "bad" for the arena is because of his low merge potential.  Not really sure where this talk of him being mediocre is coming from.  I genuinely feel bad for anyone who missed out on getting him, what, almost a year ago?  Hopefully he comes back soon.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe they're waiting for when the time is right to add Zeke or Sirius as dramatic effect? For FtPs, have a free Crapmus. For those with luck and or money, have this new and improved luxury model.

I do think they'll add Zeke or Sirius eventually, but I don't see why they'd want to line up Camus's rerun with that. BK wasn't rerun alongside Zelgius's release, after all. Rerunning old Camus alongside new Camus just seems like it'd give people a reason not to bother with new Camus.

Checking CYL 2, it seems Zeke and Sirius ended up with really similar placements: ranks 231 and 233, respectively. So I'm not sure which one is more likely to be added, although I do think Sirius would be more interesting. I guess Sirius is more popular among people familiar with him, while Zeke is more well known because of SOV's international release, and it evened out.

3 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Camus is still amazing for most PvE content, and the only reason he's "bad" for the arena is because of his low merge potential.  Not really sure where this talk of him being mediocre is coming from.  I genuinely feel bad for anyone who missed out on getting him, what, almost a year ago?  Hopefully he comes back soon.

His other problem for arena is that outside a horse team he doesn't really excel at anything. He's solid at everything except magic tanking, but doesn't stand out as either a PP unit, speed is too low to double reliably, or an EP unit, def is good but not enough to tank a ton and speed is a little too low to prevent doubles from all the fast sword users. On a cav team, horse buffs cover all that though.

That said, still probably the best lance cav, save maybe a fully minmaxed Oscar since he (Camus) does have some versatility IMO.

Even for PvE, I don't really use him anymore. I have Ursula, Reinhardt, L'Arachel, Ephraim, and Oscar as better blue cavalry. Peri too, arguably.

7 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

His other problem for arena is that outside a horse team he doesn't really excel at anything. He's solid at everything except magic tanking, but doesn't stand out as either a PP unit, speed is too low to double reliably, or an EP unit, def is good but not enough to tank a ton and speed is a little too low to prevent doubles from all the fast sword users. On a cav team, horse buffs cover all that though.

That said, still probably the best lance cav, save maybe a fully minmaxed Oscar since he (Camus) does have some versatility IMO.

All fair points.  I rely a lot on EP-combat, so built-in DC is something I value highly.  His performance is so good on a cavalry team I can overlook his deficiencies outside of them.  In any case, I think as we get more Tactic skills and they become more available, Camus will start to shine even outside cavalry teams. 

1 hour ago, DLNarshen said:

I actually brought this up before

Its Dragons. Before i switched to hardin-marth, i run camus-broy and the main issue with that was always how badly he match up against Dragons because they have enough bulk to survive him, and not enough punch to KO them

I've even dropped Cecilia from Arena nowadays because without Bladeset she's matching up badly/harshly against Nowi

Theres also other factors like Weapon Forging which gave higher bulk level in general, which actually really hurts Camus as a whole. I actually considered LnD Camus at one point because of that

which is kinda sad since Horse Emblem haven't really got any newer/better options for defensive backbone since Camus. Leprechaun could work, but he's way more effective as totally not Brave Roy. That said Chrom-on-horse was the addition that Horse Emblem is waiting for a very long time and i haven't really used him to know how he works

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Zephiel was the most recent Grand Hero Battle rerun, and with both Xander and Lloyd as part of the daily rotation, Camus is next in line for pre-Infernal Grand Hero Battles (and is also the only pre-Infernal Grand Hero Battle remaining without a rerun).

So either we're getting Camus's rerun next or Oliver's.

My hopes for this FEH Channel:

• Official announcement of the Thracia banner.
  • Something with the horridly stagnant 3-star pool.
  • Confirmation of Camus's rerun.
  • Some quality-of-life thing. Things I'd appreciate:
    • A skill shop.
    • All gold rocks automatically come with and equal amount of Divine Dew instead of having to spend rocks to get Dew.
    • A better way to get merge levels on limited characters.
    • Display natures.
    • Reroll natures.
    • Some way to rectify the fact that my feather pool is off by 1.
  • A new game mode with replay value.
  • A CYL2 teaser.

My expectations:

• Official announcement of the Thracia banner.
  • Confirmation of Camus's rerun.
  • Some quality-of-life thing.
  • Bigger friends list.
  • A new game mode.
  • A CYL2 teaser.
  • Some new way to customize your units that makes me want to punch someone.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

snip

How about the daily GHB units being added to the 3-4* pool?

Edited by silveraura25

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Like what, for example?

accessories on sprites

3 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

My bingo card for FEH channel if anyone's wondering.

Sumia.PNG

What's that sonny? Somalia?

Edited by silveraura25

In addition to reworking the 3* pool, I’d like to see some unlockable conversations between characters. Something similar to FEW where using two characters together will unlock a Support convo when you reach A Support. This won’t add a stat boost to the characters, but it could also unlock a reward when you reach it (An orb, feathers, gems, etc.)

I do hope that, at least, we get something substantial in addition to the Thracia banner. 18 minutes is enough to show plenty. 

17 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

How about the daily GHB units being added to the 3-4* pool?

I'd rather they just add a new set of monthly quests to get another 3-star copy of each one each month and find a better way to make the 3-star pool feel less uninteresting.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Like what, for example?

Pretty much anything that raises the cap on Arena matchmaking points.

Because the competition for the top tier of Arena Assault isn't shitty enough.

9 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Here's my bingo. Going to bed in a few hours

My bingo card is 1-by-1 with a free square in the middle and random things in the other squares.

Right, I've set my alarm for 4:27am. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint me.

I doubt we'll get any information on CYL2, it just seems too early. But then again, they might surprise me. Here's to hoping!

1 hour ago, Jave said:

In addition to reworking the 3* pool, I’d like to see some unlockable conversations between characters. Something similar to FEW where using two characters together will unlock a Support convo when you reach A Support.

Too many characters, unless they revive the RD two-four lines support system. That might actually be a good idea here.

What about this castle/city development stuff I've heard they been alluding to? Have they given any details so far? Sounds like it could be a fun little cosmetic distraction. I sort of like this stuff.

Fates needed more My Castle customization.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Could be cool if implemented well. Cosmetics can be good.

But they have to keep it in check then for Seasonals' sakes. No bunny ears- b/c Easter needs them. No pumpkin heads for Halloween. No towels because For Onsen Your Life Banner will be a reality sooner or later. Accessories be a little boring then. 

1 hour ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

Sumia.PNG

you are going to be very disappointed.

sumia is like the marth alt, they are never going to do it because they like watching fans squirm.

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Too many characters, unless they revive the RD two-four lines support system. That might actually be a good idea here.

For the record, I’m not expecting nor asking for every possible character combination for convos, but more of each character getting a selection of 6-10 convos like an actual FE game. Even then I agree it’s no menial task, but at the same time I don’t think it’s asking too much. It’s also something that can be updated as time goes on.