Another FEH Channel Confirmed on Monday (for most)

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Somehow, it seems that the moment a language stops using the Latin character set, the rules that govern translation and transliteration from one language to another suddenly go out the window.

Japanese creates a whole host of homophones because of the limitations of their language. His named could have been translated as Reef and it could be considered be "correct". 

Right and light also need disambiguation in that language. There is a whole lot of "because I said so" going on when translating Japanese that is used to represent foreign words. This is a game made to entertain people, and they will pick whatever the hell they feel like their audience will consider cool. Then when it gets romanized into English, it's spelled in some sometimes atypical manner to keep the game from being too mundane and plain for the English speakers. 

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Coolmanio ...COLORED. BOWS. Mind = Blown.

@mcsilas Yeah the new quests are great, but I'm kinda busy so I won't be tackling them as fast, at least I won't be churning out a video every day lol. @mampfoid But yeah my 2 cents on this stream. 

Rarity Change:

So yeah this is amazing and I never expected it to happen. Effectively fixing the *3 pool in it's entirety and making a lot of skill fodder easier to acquire. Not seeing that smoke doesn't have to be a bad thing anymore. Fury fodder just became harder to get, but Death Blow and Triangle Adept fodder became easier, albeit at a feather cost. Notable changes for me are Chrom, Cordelia, Roy, Klein and Kagero. It's become much easier to promote a Chrom to +10. BUT OMG WHY?!, WHHHYYYYY?!?!11 IT'S JUST BECOME 10X AS HARD TO +10 MY MATTHEW. I JUST NEED 3 MORE, COME ON, COME. ON. All in all though, this is a supreme QoL update to the game and I'm glad to see it. We still need QR3 fodder at *4, but we'll get there.

Thracia Banner:

Finally a banner I can safely pass on. None of the units particularly appeal to me (even if I kinda want sword Rein just for the lulz and the memez).

Tempest Trials+:

YES! Truthfully the 14 days didn't bother me too much, gave me time to rack up points but if they are lowering the point ceiling all the better. The REAL treat is all units are 40% bonus units now! The biggest issue was that the Tempest generally forced you to pull on the newest banner in order to get a 40% bonus unit and not suffer during the Tempest. No more! 2nd best change of the stream by far.

Orb Promotions:

If I bought orbs, this would be enticing. Sadly that's not the case. Pass.

New GHB Rotation & Changes: Despite loving the GHB Elite quests and wanting more, it just feels a little soon to me. Probably just because it was a little taxing tackling all that content in a week. It's not like I needed to though. It's good stuff. Plus I can finally tackle some of those challenges I've been waiting on. Plus Camus is a thing! And more Blessings which for most people probably started to become a bit scarce. The stamina change is cool too, a bit unnecessary as the game dumps potions on you as it is, but a welcome change regardless.

Saias Grand Hero Battle:

I'm excited to see how the game will challenge us next. Not really for the unit as while he seems cool, GHB units (with the exception of Camus, Xander and Legion) are never particularly all that good. Still interesting and will be cool.

Grand Conquest New Mode

The mode seems cool, albeit somewhat of a hassle. The cool thing about Rival Domains was that while it could be challenging, it was somewhat lax because you could play anytime and only had to play once a week. This forces you to play it all the time and it forces you to play better, which I'm not sure how I feel about. Seems like the rewards are going to be amazing though.

As for the refinery updates.

• Karel/Fir - A 16 MT Killing Wo Dao+, lazy but pretty fitting. Couldn't think of anything else for them. Don't really think it'll be enough to make them relevant though. Not even Karel.
  • Roy - He's a beast. Bracing Stance 2, QR5 and Dragon Effectiveness effectively means you can slap Distant Counter on him and he'll have a free B slot on top of it for Wrath or Vantage nonsense if you're into that.
  • Lloyd - The boost turns him into an up to speed swordie of the now, and since you're pretty much guaranteed to run a mage, he'll always have the boost up. I approve. Still won't use him though. Dat art.
  • Lillina - So... she hits like a truck, her new weapon debuffs you so she hits like even more of a truck, and the refinement is +6 to ATK so she's essentially dropping a plane on top of you. I'm good with this. Officially promoting that +ATK variant of her. She might just be my red mage +10 if Morgan doesn't decide to show up more often.
  • Ephraim and Hector - Hard to say what they'll be like yet. Seems like normal Hector is about to be dumb though.

Roy and Lilina are the stars of this update, but Hector will be the most ridiculous as a result. I approve of this update. FEH Channel gets an A-. What keeps it from a flat A is lolreinhardtandolwenalts.

So someone posted on FEH reddit that this FEH channel might be the best one yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/8b4ons/the_last_feh_channel_was_the_best_fanservice_is/

Reasons

• Fix 4/3 stars pool? Here.
  • Thracia Heroes? Here.
  • Camus? Here.
  • Roy's Weapon? Here.
  • More GHB Reruns? Here.
  • Orb deals? Here.
  • New Mode? Here.
  • Bonus: Reinhardt mocking himself.
  • Bonus²: 20 free orbs at Apri 13th.
  • Well... Guess we need to find more things to complain now.

Anyone want to dispute this claim?

Edited by Zangetsu

Finally able to post, curse these being in the middle of the goddamn night

1. Thracia:  Reinhardt and Olwen again, IS?  I don't mind too much, but I guess meme popularity takes characters a long way... Also, I like Sias's tome animation.

2. Elibe refines: yay, Roy's refine isn't a letdown like Leo's.  using.

3. FIXED SUMMONING POOL YESYESYES.  Well, sort of fixed.  There were no 5* only demotions, when certain characters in the 5* only pool really shouldn't be there (like Mist).  But it's better than nothing.

4. More Tempest improvements, I guess they heard all our feedback over how annoying the 100k grind was.  

5. The new mode looks cool, and unlike gauntlets the game automatically divvies up the playerbase between teams (so everyone's on even ground on that front).  

That was a nice direct. No I don't regret not waking up early to catch it.

Instead of commenting on everything, I'll just list my Biggest YES, NO and WHAT.

Biggest YES: Probably the rarity downgrades.

Biggest NO: Grand Conquest because the big maps are horrible to navigate through on my small phone screen. Also, test phase Arcarum traumas from Granblue Fantasy resurfacing.

Biggest WHAT: Reinhardt and Olwen alts.

29 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

the big maps are horrible to navigate through on my small phone screen.

Absolutely yes. It’s almost like they forgot that a phone game is supposed to be played on phones. With phone screens. 6×8 worked beautifully. 8×10, not so much.

After sleeping on it, I've just realised that its become easier for me to +10 Marth, Roy and Caeda...

Hell yeah.

As for the Thracia banner...I'm glad Finn is free, as I really wanted him. Leif and Nanna will be pains to get. I couldn't care less for Reinhardt and Olwen. I love alts, but they could have at least changed their outfits. Honestly.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Absolutely yes. It’s almost like they forgot that a phone game is supposed to be played on phones. With phone screens. 6×8 worked beautifully. 8×10, not so much.

Makes me kind of sad they went back on their "small maps are easier on phone screens, no big maps for you" stance from the early days. For players with bigger phones or tablets, I can see why bigger maps would be fun though (ignoring the part about mobile devices being too big to be easily carried around).

I do remember thinking in early days of Rival Domains that 7x9 maps might work on my phone, but I never really felt the need to have bigger maps anyways.

7 hours ago, silveraura25 said:
  Hide contents

Elite quests for the second set of GHB daily maps are set for lunatic, not infernal

That's unfortunate, I'd welcomed the challenge of the first ones. Although we've got some rougher maps now, so I guess it's understandable.

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hide contents

That's unfortunate, I'd welcomed the challenge of the first ones. Although we've got some rougher maps now, so I guess it's understandable.

I'd think that people would've smashed their phones if they would've sticked to the old difficulty. Valter, ugh. Disgustingly difficult 

I honestly have no problem with Reinhardt and Olwen getting alts. We're getting 4 new units anyways, two of them being free (should one make the effort to get them), similar to the Eirika banner.

An interesting consequence of the GHB change is that it's now possible to grind unlimited HM and SP without using any stamina, by just auto-battling a lower-level GHB.

18 minutes ago, Othin said:

An interesting consequence of the GHB change is that it's now possible to grind unlimited HM and SP without using any stamina, by just auto-battling a lower-level GHB.

Holy crap, you're right. Wonder if they'll change that so it's like 1 stamina, or if they'll just be like, eh, let 'em have this.

Just checked and level 40 Zelgius only gets one SP per kill in Navarre's lunatic GHB. Too lazy to check the BHB and even some of the easier infernals would probably not lend themselves to easy grinding. So maybe they'll keep it if they just keep it inefficient. That'd be nice.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, it'd tedious enough that I think they'll leave it. Backing off wouldn't look particularly good.

Lunatic gives still 5 HM per unit. More than enough to not compete anymore in TTs for ranking. 

I also think they might leave it in, already more bored of tapping through the menu and monologue of Navarre all the time than autobattling tempest trials; makes me think it won't be used excessively by that many people. Still, a nice way of increasing HM if you need it for units you don't use otherwise, so who knows what they'll do.

I've seen some people have been setting up loops to auto Navarre with the help of apps on Android. I'm on iOS though so I can't verify exactly what they're doing, but apparently it can be done.

Even if there was an equivalent for iOS I'm not sure how good babysitting it would be. I saw somebody mention if the loop got out of sync it could accidentally go to summon on it's own if you had it set to hit end turn during the battle. Now that sounded pretty funny or horrifying.

46 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, it'd tedious enough that I think they'll leave it. Backing off wouldn't look particularly good.

I could be wrong, but didn't they remove getting feathers beyond the first run of AA or something like that with a patch?

Edited by Alkaid

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I could be wrong, but didn't they remove getting feathers beyond the first run of AA or something like that with a patch?

No, it was like that from the start.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

Even if there was an equivalent for iOS I'm not sure how good babysitting it would be. I saw somebody mention if the loop got out of sync it could accidentally go to summon on it's own if you had it set to hit end turn during the battle. Now that sounded pretty funny or horrifying.

It'd be a pretty awesome feature if when they detected you were using a macro, it would just spend all your orbs to summon Bartres.

8 hours ago, Lau said:

After sleeping on it, I've just realised that its become easier for me to +10 Marth, Roy and Caeda...

Hell yeah.

As for the Thracia banner...I'm glad Finn is free, as I really wanted him. Leif and Nanna will be pains to get. I couldn't care less for Reinhardt and Olwen. I love alts, but they could have at least changed their outfits. Honestly.

According to a datamine I've found, he'll be voiced by Robert Clotworthy, who previously worked as Black Knight and Zelgius. Happy, though he would be stuck with just that guy