Another FEH Channel Confirmed on Monday (for most)

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I really wish they wouldn't have these things so early. 5:30 AM like really.

22 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Sucks to be Europe in Heroes.

With how even the Voting Gauntlet is structured against us, I doubt the FEH team even takes European gamers into consideration when calculating the best time to release info. We can just be glad to have the game at all. That's about as much attention as they'll ever pay us.

Anyway, while part of me is hoping they'll fix the pool in this update, the cynical part of me thinks they are just talking about the Thracia heroes when mentioning "many new units".

Edited by Nanima

25 minutes ago, Nanima said:

With how even the Voting Gauntlet is structured against us, I doubt the FEH team even takes European gamers into consideration when calculating the best time to release info. We can just be glad to have the game at all. That's about as much attention as they'll ever pay us.

Anyway, while part of me is hoping they'll fix the pool in this update, the cynical part of me thinks they are just talking about the Thracia heroes when mentioning "many new units".

I really dislike that, the european gamers exist too.

6 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I really dislike that, the european gamers exist too.

It's likely all about how much cash they are getting out of us. The amount of European whales is likely much much smaller compared to Americans and Japanese, so that's why they don't feel like they need to pay us much mind.

I am a bit confused by the Japanese time. 12:30 at noon. Wouldn't most Japanese be at work or school then? Unless there is like a nationwide break around then, I don't see how that's a really good time for a live event there.

4 hours ago, Thane said:

I think the trailer for the next banner and the next batch of refinements are given. However, that doesn't take 18 minutes, and I don't think we'll hear much about CYL2, either. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they discussed the future of beast units.

I hope not, update goes live a few hours after the channel anyway, so we'll get to see 'em soon enough.

The last FEH channel (or was it the one before?) also had refinements announced in the in-game news, but didn't cover any of it during the FEH Channel.

6 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I am a bit confused by the Japanese time. 12:30 at noon. Wouldn't most Japanese be at work or school then? Unless there is like a nationwide break around then, I don't see how that's a really good time for a live event there.

I'm guessing that's when they all have their lunch. From what I remember on my vacation in France, most places are closed at specific times because the employees are having lunch. Japan probably has something similar

Edited by silveraura25

My thoughts on the update: 

• A rebalancing of the summon pool is absolutely necessary. First and foremost, units like Jakob, Peri, Kain, Abel and so on should be outright removed from the 5* pool. Demoting some units like Karel, Saber and Mist would be great too, but if they would rather buff them through refinery, then that is fine as well. 
  • An injection of new 3-4* units is highly needed, summoning has become a terrible chore. New 3-4 units should be added on a bi-yearly basis at least, unless they start reassessing how they release new units (eg. the typical gacha game will add 3-4* units with 5* ones. For example, adding Vaike and Miriel as increased 3-4* rate pulls alongside the previous Morgan's, with Vaike having fury and Miriel having blue tome-breaker would have turned a dud banner into a phenomenal one).
  • Laguz: Unlikely, but beast units will need to be addressed sooner or later. Preferably sooner. 
  • Hero Fest is probably. If I had to guess: Ayra, Micaiah, Myrrh and Innes.

Some less likely inclusions: 

• A new game mode. Rival Domains (and... I guess Blessed Gardens...?) were solid content, so not fussed whether they add another game mode. Preferably something to replace Voting Gauntlets would be nice. Need another "grind" event like Tempest Trials.  
  • CYL 2: Will be taking my free Ephraim or Celica, that's about it.
  • Customizable avatar/base: Not keen on this, but have nothing against it. Interested to see what they do.  

Edit:

Also...

• Injecting TT units into the summon pool as well. Except Black Knight & Masked Marth, the rest should be in the permanent summon pool. I'd infinitely be happier pulling a 3* Marisa (5* infantry pulse) or Arden (drive def) over the millionth Raigh.
Edited by SlipperySlippy

I think a 3-4* pool rework or anything similar is still wishful thinking. People seem to think it'll get mentioned every FEH channel but it never does. It's no better than "surely this seasonal banner will finally have Hinoka!" It'd be nice, but I still doubt it.

I'd guess the "lots of heroes will make an appearance" thing could just be the Thracia + whatever they might do for golden week. (maybe it'll be bigger than last year, since hero fests aren't really special now)

10 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I think a 3-4* pool rework or anything similar is still wishful thinking. People seem to think it'll get mentioned every FEH channel but it never does. It's no better than "surely this seasonal banner will finally have Hinoka!" It'd be nice, but I still doubt it.

I'd guess the "lots of heroes will make an appearance" thing could just be the Thracia + whatever they might do for golden week. (maybe it'll be bigger than last year, since hero fests aren't really special now)

That is actually quite true. But they could inject new units into the 3-4* pool. The so-called "bland" characters from certain games that have only a couple lines

"Lots of heroes" is vague and everyone will interpret it in different ways. But it sounds like Feh is making this out to seem like there are more than just 3-5.

4 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

On a side note, do any of you like Feh? I think they're okay, but I've seen people criticise them for their annoying voice

I like Feh enough herself. Owls are awesome floofy birbs.

But man I really hate the fact that she talks reeeeaaaaally slowly in a frustrating and oddly patronizing way. Oftentimes I end up pulling my amhair just begging for her to get to the point. 

57 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

That is actually quite true. But they could inject new units into the 3-4* pool. The so-called "bland" characters from certain games that have only a couple lines

"Lots of heroes" is vague and everyone will interpret it in different ways. But it sounds like Feh is making this out to seem like there are more than just 3-5.

I'll certainly welcome it if that's the case. Just after all these FEH channels going by with people having the same expectations, I'm not going to get my hopes up that high. A lot of people seemed convinced the anniversary channel would drop something huge like one of the wanted pool reworks, but we saw how meh that ended up. Just because this is a similar runtime to the Book II/refinery/legendary banners reveal, I don't want to overhype that it'd be something that major.

They'll probably need most of the time to cover the stuff we already know/expect coming up(Thracia, covering the new refines, golden week),  probably a new schedule revealed, and then maybe a hint at something upcoming we don't know of in the last couple minutes. Either way, I'm looking forward to whatever it might be as long as it's not crossover banners.

18 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'll certainly welcome it if that's the case. Just after all these FEH channels going by with people having the same expectations, I'm not going to get my hopes up that high. A lot of people seemed convinced the anniversary channel would drop something huge like one of the wanted pool reworks, but we saw how meh that ended up. Just because this is a similar runtime to the Book II/refinery/legendary banners reveal, I don't want to overhype that it'd be something that major.

You're right, it's definitely wishful thinking... but, a summon pool revamp should be inevitable. That is, if they listen to the feedback that resurges every time people are mad at whatever the new flavour of the month is (too many alts, stagnant 3*s, pity breaker Peri's, etc). 

Seems a bit soon for CYL stuff. I'm guessing we'll get the Thracia trailer and any other info about new features in 2.4, plus previews of the next month's event calendar like Hero Fest and probably some new feature coming in 2.5 or 2.6. I think that's about what similar length ones have had.

I expect nothing to happen to the summoning pool, based on the precedent of nothing ever happening to the summoning pool. New units being added directly at 3-4* is never going to happen. They might change the rarities of some lower profile units, but they seem to be going for making them more special instead. I don't know what's Feh's remark means, but I'm guessing it's along those lines.

The last FE7 banner has 6 units in it. So I bet they'll do similar thing to that, since the new banner is up exactly at the 15th anniversary of FE7, but this time, two three-unit banner at once, like the Alm's Army and Celica's Army banner but with Lyn's Army and Eliwood's Army this time. 

20 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

You're right, it's definitely wishful thinking... but, a summon pool revamp should be inevitable. That is, if they listen to the feedback that resurges every time people are mad at whatever the new flavour of the month is (too many alts, stagnant 3*s, pity breaker Peri's, etc). 

I certainly hope so. Just since the anniversary was relatively underwhelming, I feel something like that is still probably a ways off if they didn't already do it then. If they ever do it at all. (I'd love to know what other big gacha have done about summoning pool changes, if anything) From IS's angle, it seems too easy to undercut their own money making by demoting/removing "bad" 5 stars ,or directly injecting new characters for lower rarities rather than making people have to pull whatever's new off the banner at 5* as always. Getting a cockblocked by a shitty off-banner Merric is such an integral part of the system to make their money off people. I don't know if the complaints from what's likely a minority of more hardcore players like us are that strong to dissuade them from that.

At least it's more likely than slowing up on alts, I'd bet. That's their way of stretching out the roster forever, so they might as well start early

Edited by Alkaid

I want the summoning pool to be fixed as much as anyone, and description given seems to indicate that a good number of people will be discussed so it’s definitely plausible.

However... the timing for such a shakeup seems so odd. I honestly felt the anniversary month would have been the ideal time to address this but IS completely blew it. It’s obvious they’re really dragging their feet to face the elephant in the room, and it might take until the CYL2 units come along. If nothing happens this year though, I’ll be fully convinced that IS is evil.

52 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Gacha IS evil

This is important to keep in mind. We're playing a game meant to wring as much money as possible out of us, and we shouldn't expect it to not act like it.

In any case, I haven't been coming up with any better explanation for the remark, so sure, let's take a look at the possibilities. Even if it doesn't happen, it'll just keep getting brought up for future Feh Channels, so may as well have something to point to.

If they drop any units, I'm guessing they'll pick from the original summoning pool, like with the initial batch of new weapons. This would allow for minimal impact on incentive to pull for units added since release, which is a big concern for something like this.

The original summoning pool is:

3-4*: Draug, Eliwood, Fir, Hana, Hinata, Laslow, Lon'qu, Olivia, Palla, Selena, Stahl, Adult Tiki, Henry, Raigh, Sophia, Donnel, Est, Florina, Gwendolyn, Jagen, Oboro, Shanna, Subaki, Sully, Female Corrin, Odin, Robin, Arthur, Barst, Bartre, Beruka, Cherche, Frederick, Gunter, Cecilia, Nino, Gordin, Niles, Virion, Setsuna, Felicia, Gaius, Matthew, Saizo, Azama, Clarine, Lissa, Serra, Wrys (49)

4-5*: Caeda, Cain, Chrom, Male Corrin, Marth, Ogma, Roy, Lilina, Tharja, Abel, Catria, Cordelia, Effie, Peri, Nowi, Camilla, Hawkeye, Raven, Sheena, Fae, Merric, Jeorge, Jakob, Kagero, Maria, Sakura (26)

5*: Lucina, Lyn, Ryoma, Young Tiki, Leo, Hinoka, Azura, Linde, Hector, Minerva, Takumi, Elise (12)

Let's say they drop about half the 4-5*s to 3-4* and about half the 5*s to 4-5*. That'd likely result in something to the effect of:

New 3-4*s: Cain, Chrom, Ogma, Tharja, Abel, Catria, Peri, Hawkeye, Fae, Merric, Jakob, Maria, Sakura

New 4-5*s: Lucina, Young Tiki, Leo, Linde, Minerva, Elise

That'd certainly have some benefits, although by definition, it's the units we least need more of.

Edited by Othin

31 minutes ago, Othin said:

This is important to keep in mind. We're playing a game meant to wring as much money as possible out of us, and we shouldn't expect it to not act like it.

I think we're letting the fact FEH is already pretty generous in general spoil us into actually expecting things. It seems they've done more than most to take in player feedback and make good changes on the player's end, but they're still running a gacha game which has certain trappings I don't expect to be removed for business reasons, however nice that'd be. That said, I'm all for some of these changes, just I'm not going to hype myself up in expectation.

Honestly, we should just be grateful FEH isn't riddled with the stupidly annoying load times between maps and menus like FGO, Granblue, DBZ Dokkan Battle and many others. That alone is more of a blessing than even an improved summoning pool would be.

Edited by Alkaid

7 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

On a side note, do any of you like Feh? I think they're okay, but I've seen people criticise them for their annoying voice

Dude, she's a girl. That voice is totally female. And I like her a lot! I think her voice is cute. I've never seen anyone ever criticize it either.

I wouldn't mind seeing the 3-4 star pool revamped either, but I'm not getting my hopes up after it didn't happen at the anniversary.

Edited by Anacybele

9 hours ago, Vince777 said:

But is it reasonable to expect all characters to be competitive in a game with more than 200 of them? You're asking of free units to compete with top tiers.

They could have value in small niches and as fodder instead.

I'm asking that those free units be given the same care and treatment in their creation as Effie, Est, Nino, Reinhardt, Nephenee, Ayra, Amelia, and other non-lord characters got. That's certainly reasonable.