Another FEH Channel Confirmed on Monday (for most)

I’m gonna remain optimistic and say there’s gonna be at least one thing that’ll change the game in a big way.

Whether it’s a new mode, a new feature (IV reroll plz), beast units, or just expanding the 3* pool.

An expanded friend list would be neat and if I may be greedy maybe barracks?

I personally still want PvP. I know Fates had PvP and apparently it was horrible (idk I didn’t try it) but if it’s just the concern of a player taking too long to make choices then a timer could just be implemented. And there’s only 4 units in a team so it’s not like you need a particularly large amount of time to begin with.

Edited by NegativeExponents-
Clarification

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

2) Various gameplay changes (can't see a new game mode here seeing as we got two this past month)

Could be some sort of expansion on one of those two, such as Blessed Garden Chain Challenges.

It's worth bearing in mind that we got Chain Challenge and Squad Assault the month after Tempest Trials, and then Arena Assault the month after that.

5 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I personally still want PvP. I know Fates had PvP and apparently it was horrible (idk I didn’t try it) but if it’s just the concern of a player taking too long to make choices then a timer could just be implemented. And there’s only 4 units in a team so it’s not like you need a particularly large amount of time to begin with.

The time concern was an issue brought up by someone for Rival Domains's 10 units format if that is to be PvP because that's just a lot of units to move. 

The real problem is that PvP just does not work with Fire Emblem from my understanding and you will generally just have both players camping on their positions until one of them makes a move and that player just generally loses.

Fates wasn't the only Fire Emblem with PvP, there also a simulator I remember playing called Fire Emblem Tactics Online that was plagued with the same problem. 

@Vince777 is there no good way of preventing camping then? Or at least encouraging the players not to camp instead of outright preventing it?

Maybe hazards could appear in the maps forcing players to stay on the move? That sounds a bit extreme but it’s the best I could come up with.

19 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

The real problem is that PvP just does not work with Fire Emblem from my understanding and you will generally just have both players camping on their positions until one of them makes a move and that player just generally loses.

Fates wasn't the only Fire Emblem with PvP, there also a simulator I remember playing called Fire Emblem Tactics Online that was plagued with the same problem. 

And there was Shadow Dragon multiplayer, which carried over unchanged into New Mystery. And the old GBA Link Arena. All of these have the issue of RNG getting in the way, and in the case of SD/NM online- hackers and stat maxers making the modes less fun.

I heard TearRing Saga had a decent multiplayer, but I can't confirm how good or bad it is.

Lastly, FE is built around RNG and chances- battles between equals will come down to who has better luck. You'd have to get rid of or at least reduce this to make more FE multiplayer friendly.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And there was Shadow Dragon multiplayer, which carried over unchanged into New Mystery. And the old GBA Link Arena. All of these have the issue of RNG getting in the way, and in the case of SD/NM online- hackers and stat maxers making the modes less fun.

I heard TearRing Saga had a decent multiplayer, but I can't confirm how good or bad it is.

Lastly, FE is built around RNG and chances- battles between equals will come down to who has better luck. You'd have to get rid of or at least reduce this to make more FE multiplayer friendly.

Is rng really that bad? Seems weird to take it away considering something competitive like Pokémon still has hit chance and criticals in effect. I mean if it wasn’t there what would prevent you from using a powerful but inaccurate weapon when accuracy doesn’t matter?

I just want beast units to get in ?. The summoning pool doesn't bother me because Heroes is generous enough for a gacha. I tried FGO and oh boy I've been enlightened( I think the rates are like 1%). More orbs and showing off the Thracia units are expected but since it's 18 minutes I don't know what else to expect.

34 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Crossing my fingers that the broadcast will remind me how to get Fjorm. I keep forgetting now that there's no pinned notification...

Wait, we can get fjorm? Why was I not infjormed about this? I need atk/def bond fjorm on my team now! 

35 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Is rng really that bad? Seems weird to take it away considering something competitive like Pokémon still has hit chance and criticals in effect. I mean if it wasn’t there what would prevent you from using a powerful but inaccurate weapon when accuracy doesn’t matter?

The main RNG element in FEH is the acquisition of new units, whether as actual units to deploy into battle or to use as skill fodder. Whales would be at a HUGE advantage when compared to F2Pers as whales have a lot more freedom to use (merged) overpowered units as well as experiment using different skills. Meanwhile, F2Pers who spend orbs are at the mercy of the RNG, whether it be getting a desirable or wanted unit or getting the right fodder units. F2Pers are a lot more limited when it comes to merges as there are many units who cannot be feasibly raised to +10 without saving a poopload of orbs for several months in advance before a Focus banner that features the unit or whaling. There is a reason that budget builds are pretty cookiecutter, such as Fury+Vantage, Fury/LnD+Desperation, Gem Weapon + weaponbreaker, etc.

If PvP were to be implemented, it would easily become the most pay-to-win gamemode there is in FEH unless IS does something like making it so that both players can only use preset units (similar to fighters in a fighting game or using Rental passes in Pokemon Battle Revolution).

33 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I probably exaggerate the effects of RNG, I knew Pokemon existed as a counterargument as well. Without it, things are pure stats and strat, which aren't ideal either I admit. I guess an ideal balance of chance and non-chance has to be found and accepted. Or FE goes RTS. 

On the alternating phases issue, maybe Berwick Saga's choice to limit the number of moves a team can make before switching would work. Berwick gives one side X moves, a number less than their entire army, before switching to the other. You cannot move a select character a second time until you've moved everyone once. How many units a team can move before switching is always shown.

8 hours ago, r_n said:

Okay well several of those are extremely strong 5* exclusives that do better than most 4* availables, much less 3*, and depending on the unit do better than other 5*s. And one of those is Reinhart, a character they clearly underestimated.

Expecting a ton of new 3*s to be on the level of some of them is a bit much.

But then you mention Est? Est really not that great. I wouldn't necessarily say AWFUL, but she's outclassed by a lot of other flying lances. I'd say that they would have to release a ton of purposely underpowered units with like..one skill line to have less care put into them than Est. I'd be very surprised if anyone they added was straight up garbage, especially since they've been giving new toys to old characters who were lacking even at release (Felicia being the big winner here, and hopefully Fir).

First of all, most of who I mentioned are not 5-star exclusives, only a couple are. Secondly, you're completely missing the entire point of what I'm saying. Thirdly, Est is pretty great really, there's a reason she's ranked as a high-tiered unit.

Reinhardt is a perfect example. I want more "nobody" units that will totally surprise people and make them want to use 'em.

23 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Yeah I've always wanted to play Berwick Saga because it's system looks great to me.

Just still waiting for a translation. :(

Dunno if you've seen, but someone is actively working on it on here. From what I've heard, they did a pretty solid patch for TRS so my hopes are high.

As for Feh, I don't know to be honest, aside from the obvious. Maybe they'll add the other GHBs to the weekly ones? This is absolutely not happening, but it'd be nice if they had like one a month for the extra character. I think the highest a GHB unit can reach is either Zephiel or Michalis who still cap out around +5 I believe, and let's not even think about poor Camus. Or hell, a banner that's all the limited units.

I have, yeah. Pretty stoked about it.

Although I don't really have a clue how serious it is and how advanced in the project they are. If you say they're actively working on it, then that's really encouraging.

TRS may be my favourite Fire Emblem game. ;D

15 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I just hope it’s not a repeat of last time’s waste of time on Effie jokes and Feh being dumb. Anything but that.

The video is 18~ minutes long... I mean... The stream can't just be 15 minutes of Feh being Feh and 2 Minutes of Leif and co.

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

First of all, most of who I mentioned are not 5-star exclusives, only a couple are. Secondly, you're completely missing the entire point of what I'm saying. Thirdly, Est is pretty great really, there's a reason she's ranked as a high-tiered unit.

Reinhardt is a perfect example. I want more "nobody" units that will totally surprise people and make them want to use 'em.

Well I didn't say  "most" I said several. And 5* exclusives are generally going to have something great about them to make them worth pulling for over other units in their type...like Mia or Ayra are going to perform better than similar more common (or not so common) swords And to the point of Est, my bad, I was thinking of her base kit (& also, confusing her with Florina)...I actually didn't know post-SI Est ranked as...S Rank??? Even reading the criteria I'm not sure why, I think I've never seen one in arena but i guess i dont venture too deep into it so whatever.

Anyway, the developers would have to purposely short change them in some capacity to make them not worth using at all. Like...just assign random numbers, or purposely not give anyone good attack &/or speed or just the worst base skills. I think the worst thing they'd do is make them have "standard" BST but that's obviously workable.

Swords would probably have issues since there's just so many, to the point I'm not sure what they'd construct to make all of them stand out, but I'd be surprised if the worst sword was antyhing less than "meh". They'd probably still have something to them that makes them worth while. If you want a lance armor you are probably going to go with someone other than Gwendolyn but she still has those great meaty defenses, a nice budget way to boost your armors, a solidish weapon that can turn more solid and then all the benefits of SI. A bunch of new axes would probably wind up in the Barst & Bartre quagmire until new fun axes are handed around (Barst seems like someone who'd move up in the world with a firesweep?), but that's not really the fault of the actual unit.

I don't personally know how their patch for TRS turned out as I played TRS before they did it, but from what others have said, it was very well received and the topic does still seem to be updated at least somewhat frequently, so yeah, hopes are high here as well. I'd love to finally get to play Berwick Saga.

@r_n It's the defense ploy meme. She's a freaking tier above Hinoka who has better offensive stats and a fairly solid personal weapon, and in the same tier as Tana and Cordelia, AKA two of the absolute best offensive units in the game. Gamepress has her in tier 3, which seems a lot more reasonable to me. Yeah, Est's probably pretty decent because flying 35 attack brave lancer is pretty solid or a very good magical tank with BL+, but in the same tier as Cordelia, Tana, the BK, post-refinement Alm, Brave Lyn(?!), etc.? Not so much.

Edited by bottlegnomes

15 hours ago, Othin said:

New 4-5*s: Lucina, Young Tiki, Leo, Linde, Minerva, Elise

I think these are some pretty crazy changes, all things considered. Don't get me wrong, I'd be very happy if I could get a chance of getting my first Lucina or some more Tiki/Minerva merges, but I think this is asking way too much. At most, I think we should expect the 4-5*s to drop out of the 5* pool and if any 5* demotions, it'd be the lesser popular characters with skill inheritance that has been made more accessible already (Saber, Mist, Luke). 

At least I just can't see Lucina (the Awakening fan favourite), Y.Tiki (essentially the series "mascot"), Minerva (one of Archanea's most popular characters) and Elise (best healer stat-distribution, also very popular) being demoted. 

13 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I think these are some pretty crazy changes, all things considered. Don't get me wrong, I'd be very happy if I could get a chance of getting my first Lucina or some more Tiki/Minerva merges, but I think this is asking way too much. At most, I think we should expect the 4-5*s to drop out of the 5* pool and if any 5* demotions, it'd be the lesser popular characters with skill inheritance that has been made more accessible already (Saber, Mist, Luke). 

At least I just can't see Lucina (the Awakening fan favourite), Y.Tiki (essentially the series "mascot"), Minerva (one of Archanea's most popular characters) and Elise (best healer stat-distribution, also very popular) being demoted. 

Young tiki has some of the best stat distribution for fortify dragons of all the manaketes, making picking a good attack angle nigh impossible with the right skills, Minerva has ward fliers, a skill that is probably better off left harder to get, and is a pretty solid axe flier, and they would sooner demote mist than elise.

lucina only has general popularity, otherwise she is an average infantry sword.

Just now, thecrimsonflash said:

Young tiki has some of the best stat distribution for fortify dragons of all the manaketes, making picking a good attack angle nigh impossible with the right skills, Minerva has ward fliers, a skill that is probably better off left harder to get, and is a pretty solid axe flier, and they would sooner demote mist than elise.

lucina only has general popularity, otherwise she is an average infantry sword.

Ward fliers isn't optimal considering flier teams are almost universally player-phase. It may be good for units like Beruka/Subaki, but otherwise it won't make or break anything. As for the Young Tiki comment, I personally prefer Young Tiki as well, however the arguement is most definitely not clear-cut. A lot of people prefer Adult Tiki and even tier lists struggle to decide which of the two is better, with their positions often fluctuating. 

Also popularity is a huge reason as to why units are 5* base...

You didn't really agree or disagree with my post, so I'm going to need clarification. 

38 minutes ago, Troykv said:

The video is 18~ minutes long... I mean... The stream can't just be 15 minutes of Feh being Feh and 2 Minutes of Leif and co.

It’ll probably be wasted time on Feh trying to fly, make jokes, being dumb and more Effie memes with the actual “content” squeezed in tightly. Thracia next week? Very possible but I can also see them make it the late April banner. 

Just now, SlipperySlippy said:

Ward fliers isn't optimal considering flier teams are almost universally player-phase. It may be good for units like Beruka/Subaki, but otherwise it won't make or break anything. As for the Young Tiki comment, I personally prefer Young Tiki as well, however the arguement is most definitely not clear-cut. A lot of people prefer Adult Tiki and even tier lists struggle to decide which of the two is better, with their positions often fluctuating. 

Also popularity is a huge reason as to why units are 5* base...

You didn't really agree or disagree with my post, so I'm going to need clarification. 

Sorry, I guess I was just adding onto it, personal opinions on the units and what not.

though I guess you are right about ward fliers.