Super Robot Wars ∀: Deep Space IC Thread - Part 3: Crisis Point

Nanami Touko

Terry and the crew brings in the repair job!

Terry performs repairs on the Velite Mk.III-M (Tycho)!
Tycho's unit recovers 68 HP!
Terry gains +70 EXP!

Now that unit is more... presentable, again.

"I... we're almost there, one big boss left..." It was impressive for Makoto how much the group was succeeding. He had to admit the pressure he felt was messing with his reflexes something fierce. Still, a hero of justice couldn't afford letting everybody else do the work... there were still some big targets for him to bother!

"Going to need a bit of back up!"

Makoto full discharges with Brant's support (Full Burst) vs Chaldene #1!

Makoto attacks!
Target: Chaldene #1
Weapon: Full Discharge
Final Hit: 100
Final Crit: 27
Roll: 76, 15
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 245

Chaldene counters!
Weapon: Mega Particle Cannon
Final Hit: 25
Final Crit: 0
Roll: 48, 78
Miss!

Brant provides support fire!
Weapon: H. Beam Rifle (Full Burst)
Final Crit: 28
Roll: 86, 19
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 104

Makoto gains +20 EXP!
Huh.... Brant gains +5 EXP!

Excellent teamwork!

Carlos casts Snipe![-15SP]

"A few too many battleships when ours are in disarray. Let me fix that."

Carlos' Rhea takes flight, moves to 14,9 and uses Chest Smartgun vs Chaldene #3!

Carlos attacks!
Target: Chaldene #3
Weapon: Chest Smartgun
Final Crit: 20
Roll: 20, 98
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 161

Chaldene is out of range to counter!

Carlos gains +5 EXP!

And more troops in disarray indeed!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at least the Gamma was gone. At this point it was easy to tell where everyone was and what they were doing, and seeing the Regalia attacking one of the Chaldenes made Firmia a little nervous. They ought to be fine, but 'ought' and 'would' were two different things.

"Missiles," Brant instructed as he moved the Regalia just close enough for a good angle on the enemy warship.

"Be careful, you two," Firmia warned over the comms, "You're too far away for the Avalon to support you."

Bris autoshifts to Flight Mode, moves to 11,6 and attacks Chaldene #1 with TK Missiles!

The main hangar was one of the least impressive things Diiar'Xen had seen of this Statlas facility. The only thing about it that stood out were its contents, really ... "The head is ... different, but the humans haven't changed much on your Praxis." Raay'Xel's machine was another matter. It looked more like one of the AMS machines he'd seen buzzing around, though with a more aggressive and streamlined design. "These are Psi and Zeta, correct?" He couldn't help but wonder if they were individual names or specific unit types, like the Alphas, Betas, and Gammas.

"They are, Diiar'Xen," Haal'Sen replied, arms folded as her her tail swished in appreciation of the machine. "The Zeta has received more changes to be like the AMS units that Gabriel and his forces pilot. Raay'Xel is an aggressive fighter. This allows her to close distances and even use the machine's plane form as a weapon. It is quite impressive, as I'm sure the two of you saw."

"A barbarian's weapons for a barbarian," Viil'Hayn commented, receiving a scowl from Haal'Sen, as she rolled her eyes.

"The Psi has simply been streamlined. The humans integrating a T-Link into my machine has allowed me to make much better use of my funnels, and control the machine more accurately. Faster movements, reactions, better protection... An overall upgrade, and it does contain a more mobile form, like that of the Zeta. I am a stronger ESPer, and thus, my changes were tailored towards that."

"The machines are impressive, yes. What of weaponry?" Viil'Hayn was paying more attention now, at least. Haal'Sen smirked and turned her attention to Vasile, who could hopefully explain more of the Statlas' facilities weapons, like the rifle Raay'Xel had been provided.

"You're the one who wanted a good gun, weren't you?" Vasile placed a hand on his chin as he looked up at the Sacarian, "Well, we do have a couple of options in mind you may like." Taking a moment to retrieve his tablet, he quickly brought up a schematic for what looked like a hybrid rifle and showed it to Viil'Hayn. "There are currently two versions of the hybrid rifle design and four working prototypes. The Psi and the Zeta are using two of them, but we have more on the way. What you see here is a 'hybrid' of the hybrid rifle designs. Externally it resembles the Kalten variant, but it has much better range. You should have no trouble sniping with it if that's your style."

"Sniping, yes. I suppose that is the term for it... Good. Raay'Xel's rifle looks too weighty, and as though I would have to be too close to make good use of it... And the regular rifle will not support my wishes. Include a railgun, as well, mmm?" Those had impressive fire speed and range, surely a physical option to compliment the beam would be worthwhile.

"Can't you ask nicely?" Haal'Sen shot a cocked eyebrow at him, and got one in return.

"What? These humans are serving us. I shall give Gabriel my respect."

"These humans are Gabriel's most trusted, and we should treat them as allies, not servants..."

Viil'Hayn sighed harshly and rolled his eyes. Was he seriously hearing this out of Haal'Sen? "You've severely changed thanks to these humans."

"I think it's for the better." She scoffed, he shook his head.

"Fine... If it wouldn't be trouble, a railgun."

"Good~"

"Hmhmhm," Vasile restrained his chuckle a little, but it was a fun bit of banter. It was a positive change from when he'd first met Haal'Sen, to be certain. "Sure thing, Viil'Hayn. You'll have your railgun as a secondary option. It just so happens that the Vaska's crew were developing a powerful but still portable railgun for their Volkovs ... trying to keep them relevant now that Apotheosis is swatting down all our missiles, I suppose. Anyway, I think it would be the perfect fit for a Praxis variant."

"Good... I expect Haal'Sen has informed you to the use of railguns, so that is good. Your missiles are effective, but easy to shoot down, and hard to hit. Beam weaponry requires immense power, otherwise it is nothing more than mosquito bites. Railguns are fast, powerful, and accurate. Deadly weapons against Sacarians." Viil'Hayn chuckled finally, hand on his chin, thinking about how best to use them in combat.

"You are such a child," Haal'Sen chuckled, shaking her head.

"I'm simply enjoying the idea."

"And you wanted the shield, right?" Vasile glanced at Diiar'Xen. He was pretty sure he had the right Sacarian, but always good to be sure.

"Not those small shields," Diiar'Xen shook his head as he jutted a finger at the shields carried by the Psi and Zeta, "I want something strong enough to repel most normal attacks."

Vasile's initial response was a nervous grin. They clearly had different standards when it came to what 'normal' was. A few months ago, the idea of a Volkov going down in one hit was completely absurd, but now the new beam weapons being brought to the fore were punching through their heavy armor almost like it wasn't there. Making a shield that could deal with that kind of 'normal' was a tall order. In fact ... "I'm not sure even xonorkite could stand up to the kinds of weapons I've seen, lately, but if we attached a larger I-field generator to it, that could make up the deficit in endurance. Then we only have to worry about live ammunition as a whole ... I hope you aren't relying solely on an enhanced shield ..."

Diiar'Xen shook his head a second time. "The shield is for Gabriel," the Sacarian grunted, "not for me."

"Right ..." Vasile sighed. That was when a thought occurred to him. They hadn't started just yet, but better to let Raay'Xel know about things ahead of time. "By the way, Raay'Xel, the engineers want to make some minor modifications to the Zeta. "He handed his tablet off to her this time. "The gist of it is that we want to have the Zeta's beak attached to the left arm--behind the shield--in MS mode. It will still be able to attach to the torso in flight mode and won't lose any strength, but having it set that way will give you more flexibility with the hybrid rifle ... and in general, I think."

"Are they always making minor improvements like this?" Diiar'Xen asked Haal'Sen, surprised they wanted to bother with something like that when the Zeta was well and good enough already.

Haal'Sen had a few ideas about the shield, but first... "Hmmm? Yes. Improvements are improvements. We will need everything if we are to defeat Shia'Naar, no? If the smallest improvement to the Zeta makes Raay'Xel survive a moment longer... That moment may be all we need to achieve victory. I shall accept all improvements without concern." Hopefully Diiar'Xen didn't mind, the humans did have a way about this.

"As for his shield, an i-Field generator would work for beams, but not for everything else. I have a suggestion, regarding the T-Link in his machine... As you may be aware, Vasile, Telekinetic machines, and our of Praxis machines, are equipped with fields of defense against all types of attacks. The stronger the Esper in the machine, or the Telekinetic, the stronger the field of defense." Hopefully he understood where she was headed, and if not, hopefully Diiar'Xen did.

"If he wishes to become a shield for Gabriel, allocate his machine's ESP Field entirely within the shield you prepare for him. Strengthen it as best as you can, and he should be able to make it effective against beams, missiles, solid rounds, even railguns... As it contains a field, he would be able to move it with his mind, instead of relying on the machine's reflex speeds, as well. This is a sound idea, is it not?"

"Hmm," Vasile wondered just how strong his people could make the shield using Haal'Sen's suggestion. Certainly stronger than simply stuffing an I-field and a battery for it into the shield and calling it a day. "We'll try it. Worst case scenario we fail and spend a few hours setting up for the I-field generator instead."

"That will do," Diiar'Xen nodded, satisfied with the idea, though the tone in his voice could have fooled some people. "I suppose I'm simply used to relying on my own abilities and not worrying about what new trinket was added. Now that I have an important role to play, it's good to have keener eyesight."

"I am sure you will do wonderfully, Diiar'Xen. You feel about on par with my own powers... I imagine the field you project would be quite powerful. Gabriel will be safe in your hands." Haal'Sen nodded, smiling. They had an effective sniper, a strong defender... She commanded funnels, and Raay'Xel was their vanguard. A formidable force, by itself... The only person missing was Sool'Vay.

"There's one more Sacarian, isn't there?" Vasile asked, glancing between the four Sacarians present.

Diiar'Xen nodded, first to Haal'Sen, and then addressed Vasile. "Sool'Vay. She will come here after she finds Gabriel. She'll want to see him, first."

"We'll handle her requests a little later, then. Was there anything else?"

"I do not believe so... If Sool'Vay is going to speak with Gabriel, I should return and make sure she does not do or say anything... Infuriating." It would be difficult to work for a human, and with humans, so suddenly. Even she had not felt quite well with it at first, so...

"I will return, to make sure things are fine."

"Yes, thank you, mother," Viil'Hayn mocked, shaking his head.

"I trust you to best know the workings of the AMS framework, Vasile. If you believe such a change will improve my performance, then go ahead and implement it." Raay'Xel affirmed with a nod, having had time to look over the suggested modifications on Vasile's tablet. The placement of the nose in MS mode hadn't been an issue to this point, but the reasoning behind the change was solid.

"It seems that our force shall become quite impressive, wahaha! I look forward to seeing what you both can do, given nonstandard equipment."

Brant moves in!

Brant attacks!
Target: Chaldene #1
Weapon: TK Missiles
Final Crit: 18
Roll: 44, 49
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 149

Chaldene #1 counters!
Weapon: AA Guns
Final Hit: 0
Final Crit: 27
Roll: 37, 11
Miss!

Brant gains +20 EXP!

Deftly evaded, that was easy!

(EP coming uh soon, sorry for the speed)

Enemy Phase/Turn 7

The enemy forces are gravely outnumbered at this point... but the Hexis is still adamant in targetting the Artemis!

Hexis moves to (12, 15)!

Hexis attacks!
Target: Artemis (Kim)
Weapon: Heat Tail
Final Hit: 0!
Final Crit: 26
Roll: 15, 50
Miss!

Kim counters!
Weapon: Mode R
Final Hit: 100!
Final Crit: 34
Roll: 76, 22
Hit!
No Crit.
ESP Field activates!
Damage: 119

Kim gains +110 EXP!

Phobos #1 moves to (26,3)!

Praxis Gamma #2 sets sights on Caroline!

Praxis Gamma #2 attacks!
Target: Legionary Mk.IV-M (Caroline)
Weapon: ESP Bits (Lucky 4%. Lucky Roll: 3; Lucky activates! Lucky% resets.)
Final Crit: 0!
Roll: --, --
Miss!

Caroline counters!
Weapon: R. Sniper Rifle
Final Crit: 100!
Hit!
Crit!
ESP Field activates!
Sacarian Sphere activates!
Damage: 114

"O-oh, was, was that good?"

Caroline gains +30 EXP, +1 Will!

Praxis Gamma #7 has Tycho on its sights!

Praxis Gamma #7 attacks!
Target: Velite Mk.III-M (Tycho)
Weapon: ESP Bits
Tycho chooses to defend!
(Lucky Roll: 38; Lucky++)
Final Hit: 55
Final Crit: 12
Roll: 29, 72
Hit!
No Crit!
Damage: 82

Praxis Gamma #8 moves to (13,11) and attacks Tycho as well!

Praxis Gamma #8 attacks!
Weapon: LB Beam Rifle
Tycho chooses to evade!
(Lucky roll: 85; Lucky++)
Final Hit: 32!
Final Crit: 7
Roll: 76, 40
Miss!

Chaldene #1 attacks the Saggittae!

Chaldene #1 attacks!
Target: Sagittae (Aliza)
Final Hit: 50
Final Crit: 3
Roll: 44, 27
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 1! (water results)

Aliza counters!
Weapon: Code ATA
Final Crit: 37
Roll: 29, 44
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 236

Chaldene #1 is down to the count! Splash!

Aliza gains +100 EXP, +20 PP, +6500 credits!

What an answer!

Chaldene #2 attacks the Saggitae too!

Chaldene #2 attacks!
Target: Sagittae (Aliza)
Weapon: Mega-Particle Cannon
Final Hit: 50
Final Crit: 3
Roll: 16, 15
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 1

Aliza counters!
Weapon: Code ATA
Final Crit: 37
Roll: 11, 19
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 377

Aliza gains +10 EXP!

Chaldene #3 picks a fight with Tycho! Uh-oh!

Chaldene #3 attacks!
Weapon: Mega-Particle Cannon
(Lucky Roll: 20; Lucky ++)
Tycho chooses to evade!
Final Hit: 10!
Final Crit: 7
Roll: 46, 48
Miss!

A close call, whew...

Player Phase/Turn 8

98c885be6c.png

Almost over...?

Victory Conditions:
Defeat all enemies!

Loss Conditions:
The Riese is destroyed!

Battle Mastery:
Achieved!

Stats!

Edited by Xinnidy

• 2 weeks later...

(spirit string as asked by players)

Bonner casts Analyze on the Hexis![-20SP]

"The last of this group's elite... do you think we can keep up, Major? That suit is slower than the others, but still fast by earth standards."

"Probably not, but we don't need to worry about that. The numbers favor us now."

Bonner moves to (11,14).

Roxy casts Attune on Alriana! [-25SP]

Tristan casts Devote[-20SP] on the Riese! +10 SP to Riese pilots!

(if you wanna do flavor feel free mel)

Roxy casts Attune on Abigail![-25SP]

Edited by Xinnidy

It was hard to tell what exactly was going on without a clear view of the battlefield, but it seemed they were down to only a few enemy units and their battleships. "XO, please keep it up!" Roxanna's comms were still alive it seemed. "We seem to be almost through this... Aly, Abigail, Roxanna will be sending enemy data your way!" Tristan was frantically scrolling through scanner results and data boards, it was all he could do without a direct visual.

The end was in sight, just one more Knight standing between them and victory. Well, there were the Chaldenes and a few pests besides, but she had already written them off in her mind. Why, then, couldn't she shake the feeling that there was still more to be done? This unresolved feeling? The alien shook her head, now wasn't the time for, whatever this feeling was. Roxanna had sent her the data; she had her role to play. "Shark, engaging," she offered her allies over her comms as she took aim at the Hexis.

Aly cast Alert & Fury, move to 13,17, Acid Shotgun Hexis.

"Seung-Min," Abby was testing out a new way of addressing the asian as she radioed over comms to get her attention. They had been getting along better, using her rank, her surname, or god forbid her callsign was just too formal. But... this was also going to take some getting used to too, felt a little funny still. Well, it was the first time, so that makes sense.

"Mmmmm, proposition for you," she continued. "Second verse, same as the first? Little bit louder, and a whole lot worse? You, me, and Hexis now instead of Poesis? Wanna go at?" The new data that had been sent to them was figuratively burning a hole in her pocket.

Abby Valor, 13,14 Rebellion Hexis

Alriana casts Alert![-15SP]

Alriana casts Fury![-20SP]

Following on her duty, it was time to soften the Hexis up!

Alriana attacks!
Target: Hexis
Weapon: Acid Shotgun
Final Crit: 40
Roll: 39, 5
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 38
Acid debuff is applied on the Hexis!

Alriana gains +120 EXP!

Abigail casts Valor![-28SP]

Second verse, same as the first?

Abigail attacks!
Weapon: Apollonian Rebellion
Final Crit: -- (Valor)
Hit!
Damage: 825

Hexis counters!
Weapon: Tail Crusher
Roll: 2, 43 (Shield roll: 87)
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 209

Abigail's prevail is now active!

Abigail gains +110 EXP!

What a hefty counter!

Edited by Xinnidy

"Sounds good to me, Abby. He's been begging for attention all day, time to give him some." Seung-Min replied, a small smile forming on her face. The Hexis was all that stood between them and ending this, at this point. There were a few stragglers alongside the final Sacarian Knight, but if they didn't surrender upon shooting their last commander down, they would fall in short order regardless.

"I'll cover you, so give him hell. Then we can swap." Kim suggested, taking the initiative to begin laying down fire. Loading up the MARS Rifle's magnum and aiming down sights at the Hexis, the first blast rang out with the magnum's iconic twang, railguns locking into position and following up with further fire as the Artemis' funnels swarmed forwards to suppress the Hexis and cover Abigail's melee assault. Between the layering of fire and the Vergloria's claymore, they were doing good damage, but even with this volume of fire, the Hexis was a sturdy enough machine to trade blows with Abigail, and it wasn't long before the Vergloria had taken a rather hefty riposte from the Hexis' nasty tail weapon... Seung-Min had some experience with that thing, and it wasn't particularly pleasant. Still, that meant it was about time to-

"Switch!" The Lieutenant called out, Artemis encased in the emerald glow of it's flaring TK field. Coming down from the heavens onto the Hexis, Seung-Min swung her zanbar down, swatting the tail of the Hexis aside before it could make any further attempts on the Vergloria. With her impromptu dance partner retreating to a supportive position, Kim began to duel the Hexis up close, trading swings with her blade against the Knight's tail. The TK-field was blocking any real damage to the Artemis or it's blade-rifle so long as she properly parried the swings, but the warnings flashing across her screen were... concerning. The zanbar just wasn't sturdy enough to take the constant pressure applied from being encased in her field. It wasn't made for this kind of abuse... not that anyone could have known when it was being developed, that it would be expected to.

She'd have to focus on avoiding direct clashes as much as possible. The heat blade fracturing was one thing, but the wrong hit could cause her to lose the whole rifle. She had managed to outmaneuver the Hexis so far, she could do it long enough for Abby to make distance and then break away herself. Focusing on evading the incoming swipes from the Hexis tail and getting in what blows she could with the blade, alongside the Artemis' gauntlets, it didn't take too long for the Vergloria to retreat outside of direct danger, and that just left making distance for herself.

A moment presented itself soon enough. Evading high against a low tail swipe, the Artemis managed to get a kick onto the head of the Hexis. It didn't do much in the way of damage, but it was enough momentum to take off into the air and rocket out of the Hexis' tail range. And with the chest of the Artemis having opened and the cannon housed within alight and white hot, it wasn't over yet.

"Enyo cannon! FIRE!"

A blinding torrent of light, just as before. Within moments, the Hexis was engulfed in immaculate heat, swallowed by the surface of the sun as the positron cannon unleashed it's fury. Even after having her reserves topped up by Fujiwara, the Artemis was beginning to run low again... how much punishment would this behemoth take? She'd have to make sure her engines were thoroughly looked at, after this...

Kim casts Valor and Christina's Sense, attacks Hexis with Enyo Cannon, and moves to 13,15 with Hit&Away

Edited by Ether

Kim casts Valor![-40SP]

Christina casts Sense![-25SP]

Artemis is in full power! Enyo Cannon!

Artemis attacks!
Taget: Hexis
Weapon: Enyo Cannon
Final Crit: -- (Valor)
Hit!
Damage: 736! Whew!

"Ha... hahaha!! So this is our power, hm? Fine, see how far your machine can go!"
Hexis counters!
Weapon: ESP Funnels
Final Crit: 6
Roll: 69, 1
Miss!

Kim gains +100 EXP!

Despite the magnitude of the impacts received by the Hexis, it still stands strong... a formidable enemy.

"So I'm the last one... very well. I will die on my terms! Give me your best fight, humans, or perish!"

Iln'Teer gains Strike!

Edited by Xinnidy

Could she do this? The grip on the liquid metal blade tightened, in the Crescent's grip. Kazue was second guessing herself, watching this behemoth remain standing, after a combined assault from both Abigail and Lieutenant Kim. She had to do this though, didn't she? She had to... They had to win here! The ship needed repaired, the captain needed help, they needed to rest and recoup... This could not continue!

"I... Am prepared, to die! Face me, alien!"

Kazue Focus, 12,13, LMB Hexis!

"So dramatic... Honestly, if you're so ready to die, we should fight when this alien is dead, Kazue~!" No fear from Louise, she was having a blast!

Louise Strike, Shield, 12,15, Danse Hexis!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Kazue casts Focus![-15SP]

Kazue goes ins!

Kazue attacks!
Weapon: Liquid Metal Blade
Final Hit: 93
Final Crit: 42
Roll: 53, 28
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 337

Hexis counters!
Weapon: Tail Crusher
Final Crit: 13
Roll: 37, 82
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 200

Kazue gains +150 EXP, +1 Will!
Kazue levels up! +2 SP!

What tough armor! It's still standing!

But it's Louise's turn!

Louise casts Strike![-15SP]

Louise casts Shield![-20SP]

Louise attacks!
Weapon: Danse Macabre
Final Crit: 100
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 304

Hexis counters!
Weapon: Sacarian Crusher
Final Crit: 32
Roll: 40, 45
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 69

Louise gains +100 EXP!

Another quick clash! The Hexis seems even more stubborn to drop down...

Carlos casts Strike![-20SP]

Carlos casts Alert![-10SP]

"Well... seems like I'm going to need your help again, kid." It wouldn't get any easier for Carlos to address Tarquin, he resigned himself to his position with a sigh.

Carlos attacks!
Weapon: Chest Smartgun
Final Crit: 22
Roll: 57, 67
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 138

Hexis counters!
Weapon: G-B.R. Prototype 1
Final Crit: 8
Roll: 10, 34
Miss!

Tarquin provides support fire!
Weapon: Full Output Railgun
Final Crit: 30
Roll: 35, 74
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 121

Carlos gains +130 EXP!
Tarquin gains +65 EXP, +3 Will!

Fire after fire!

The rest of Tarquin's allies were all piling in to take down the Hexis. It was a surreal combination of attacks, sniping alongside Carlos wasn't exactly his idea of pleasing. "There is no shame in an adult asking for aid from a child. The Sacareans don't discriminate by age." Tarquin remarked, lining up his next shot. "Just ensure your aim remains acceptable, otherwise I will lose the only reason to tolerate you."

The pair may have been fighting a common foe, but that wasn't quite enough for Tarquin to overlook how Carlos had crippled Nikolai. Perhaps it was just being bitter, but disliking Carlos wasn't exactly boring. 

Tarquin attacks the Hexis with his Full Output Rail gun! 

Elaine casts strike and attacks the Hexis with her VSR! 

DEVOTE SPAM

Tristan casts Devote![-20SP] x4 +30 SP to Riese pilots, +10 SP to Elaine!

Tarquin keeps the fire going!

Tarquin attacks!
Weapon: Full-Output Railgun
Final Crit: 30
Roll: 90, 71
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 172

Hexis counters!
Weapon: G-B.R. Prototype 1
Final Crit: 5
Roll: 5, 34
Miss!

Tarquin gains +130 EXP!

Elaine casts Strike![-15SP]

And Elaine follows up!

Elaine attacks!
Weapon: VSR
Final Crit: 21
Roll: 59, 3
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 202

Hexis counters!
Weapon: Sacarian Crusher
Final Crit: 34
Roll: 97, 98
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 222

Elaine gains +140 EXP!

A scary counter, whew!

Brant casts Strike!

Sworn Through Swords (Full)

Gabriel had never been so thoroughly grilled before ... though, neither had Sool'Vay ever had her concerns so gracefully addressed. Her new liege seemed to have as much figured out ahead of time as was reasonable, and then some. So far, Gabriel had briefed her on who he was, how his first round of recruitments had gone down, the reason they brought the Vaska into the fold, the intermediate objective of bringing down the Knight, Shia'Naar, and the slightly more long term objective of uniting Russia under his rule. The Sacarian could tell he was trying to step into a role he wasn't fully prepared for, but she seemed okay with that for one reason or another.

"Outside of the military, you humans have a very strange way of governing. The weak and the cowardly shouldn't have power." Sool'Vay smiled. "I'm glad you're embracing your title, my liege."

"Thank you, Sool'Vay, however, I won't be able to unite Russia without first dealing with Shia'Naar. I'm confident, but until then I'm still a king in name only."

Sool'Vay scowled. "Your modesty," she tried to be delicate with her words, "... isn't helpful, my liege. You already have a kingdom right here. It's simply small. Perhaps too small for even you to notice it ... but it is there," she chuckled.

She had a point, actually. "Fair enough."

"Hmm," Sool'Vay glanced at the wall near the door, "Haal'Sen is coming."

"She was the one that brought you down, if I remember correctly. Will you two be able to get along?"

"Hah, Sacarian warriors would never endanger a campaign over personal feelings. Worry not."

"Gabriel?" Haal'Sen questioned, entering the room... Sool'Vay had been questioning him, then. Haal'Sen tried not to scowl, approaching the two and folding her arms. "I see you've already informed her of everything. I take it you've asked everything you need to ask, Sool'Vay?" If there was something she could help with, she would. Hopefully their latest member wasn't upset about how she had been defeated.

"I am wondering what our strategy is for attacking Shia'Naar, but I trust that will be addressed at the proper time. What's become of my machine?"

Sool'Vay asked Haal'Sen specifically, but Gabriel hadn't noticed--nor could he--the question beneath the question. "It's being repaired as we speak. The engineers are ready to take any upgrade requests you have, though."

"Upgrades?"

She seemed excited and surprised by the thought of upgrades... It was certainly unique for soldiers at their level to receive so many upgrades and attention. Perhaps she was just not used to it. "It shall be addressed, do not worry. That aside, yes, repair and upgrades. Gabriel understands our worth as soldiers and wishes us to be as powerful as possible. Thus, each Praxis unit has been uniquely improved to each of our best aptitudes. Raay'Xel's has been improved for speed and melee, mine for my ESP, Diiar'Xen is receiving an improved shield, and Viil'Hayn wished for a rifle."

The question was, then... "What do you prefer?

"A rifle and a shield?" Sool'Vay wondered what prompted those choices. Since they all had identical armaments up to this point, she didn't immediately see the reasons behind the specializations. Diiar'Xen wanting an improved shield had her wondering how he was brought down in particular. Smirking, Sool'Vay said, "I imagine Diiar'Xen would prefer not to be beaten into submission going forward ... and surely Viil'Hayn would prefer to be as far away from his targets as possible, now~"

"I'm curious now, Sool'Vay," Gabriel matched her smirk with one of his own, "What is your defeat going to manifest?"

Almost pouting, Sool'Vay sighed. She stopped just short of crossing her arms, thinking better of it with her arm still in a sling. "Failing to overpower my opponent's defenses quickly was beyond just frustrating ..." she scowled at Haal'Sen briefly. "I want a blade, not a saber. A solid blade, one capable of cutting down all challengers. The engineers will forge one for me."

"That is simply because I was the better pilot," Haal'Sen cut in, with an overconfident smirk, blossoming into a smile over Sool'Vay's scowl. "If you wish for a sword, I am sure they can fashion you a sword. One of Gabriel's men, Wade, is quite the effective engineer. He's taken a liking to our race, so I'm sure he will be more compliant than most with your demands... Cutting down all challengers, I wonder just what it will be made of..."

Given the numerical advantage, Sool'Vay couldn't argue that Haal'Sen was a better pilot, though the disparity in skill was up for debate, particularly once they were both piloting upgraded, personalized Praxis units. She irritably committed the oddly short name to memory. "Naturally, the blade must be made of the strongest material available."

"Xonorkite?" Gabriel offered, not sure if they had enough on hand, even with the recent battle. They could only acquire it from the joints of Praxis Gammas at the moment, so the amounts were generally small.

"Wait ... you humans have been scavenging xonorkite from us, haven't you?"

"We have," Gabriel nodded.

"I suppose from the number of machines we have defeated, we would have enough to craft a sword... But, the engineers wish to put the best available towards Gabriel's machine to keep him safe and able, thus I do not believe they will allow you to use it as you wish." It was a bit unfortunate, but they simply didn't have enough of it, or any Adamantium. Traveling to Jupiter's reaches at this point in time seemed rather impossible. Impossible to do quickly, at least...

Sool'Vay sighed deeper this time. "Sensible, inarguable, even. Perhaps this 'Wade' will be able to come up with a suitable alternative for now."

"I'm sure he can," Gabriel said. Vouching for him was going to raise the bar, admittedly, but he could handle it. He certainly had the experience and the combat data, and his customization of the Archangel's hologram array on the spot like that had been impressive. "It's best to let Wade's imagination roam when working with him. That's when he does his best work."

"Duly noted, my liege ..." She didn't want to get her hopes up from the look of things.

Haal'Sen snorted, chuckling at Gabriel's comment. "Yes, just do not be there as his imagination roams. Like most here, he has grown quite the fascination with our legs. Be careful, Sool'Vay." Not that Wade could do anything, but having her bark at him in surprise would do no good for any of them. "He got the afterimage system that the Archangel uses working, so I am more than sure he can provide you a worthwhile weapon."

Hologram tricks weren't in the same technical category as weapons, but the feat was noteworthy on its own. Thanks to this Wade, apparently, their king wouldn't need to be puppy guarded constantly, which was a good thing. The part about their legs was annoying, though. "If he touches me, I will discipline him."

"You don't have to worry about anything like that happening, Sool'Vay," Gabriel assured her with a concerned frown.

"I know," Sool'Vay smirked, clearly intent on stopping any harassment before it could even occur.

"Hah! Wade is like a small puppy, if anything. He would sooner pilot a mobile suit against Apotheosis than attempt to touch one of us. Worry not." It seemed as though things would be fine, then... So far, at least. "I was worried you may have been causing issues over your pride, Sool'Vay, but it appears my paranoia was unfounded. If you do not have any questions for me, we should head to the hangar, so you can tell Vasile and Wade your plans. Do you still need her, Gabriel?"

"Hmph, you seem awfully protective," Sool'Vay noted with a fresh scowl, "Paranoid, indeed."

"No, that about covers it, I think," Gabriel replied, "The sooner the Archangel and all of the Praxes are ready, the better off we'll be. Not to mention the Vaska."

"Of course I am... Gabriel is the most important person here, now running into new Sacarians. The results may not have been the same as when he met myself and Raay'Xel." She couldn't exactly just bring up her feelings for Gabriel right now. He was still considering things, it would put undue pressure on him.

"Come, Sool'Vay, let us see to your machine."

"Hmm," Sool'Vay glanced back at Gabriel for a moment. "Not the same, you say?" She almost smirked, figuring Haal'Sen was the current favorite and looking to protect that position at all cost. "Time to see what else these humans are capable of creating," she said, following after Haal'Sen.

Brant casts Strike![-20SP]

Esther casts Sense![-25SP]

"That one's annoyingly tough, huh? After all this heat... just die already." Esther was getting mildly bothered, mostly because she'd watched the fighting more than took action.

At least, it felt that way.

"Hey... M... Merlin. Requesting backup, sending a volley at the target." What a silly codename, but whatever. As long as she had something to do.

Esther readies the Clay Bazooka, aims at the Hexis, and gets support from Brant's TK Missiles!

Esther attacks!
Weapon: Clay Bazooka
Final Crit: 74
Roll: 13, 29
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 30

Hexis counters!
Weapon: G-BR Prototype 1
Final Crit: 0
Miss!

Brant provides support fire!
Weapon: TK Missiles
Final Crit: 20
Roll: 4, 55
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 46

Esther gains +130 EXP! Esther levels up! +3 SP!
Brant gains +70 EXP!

"Tch, tanky ass." Esther whined.

Edited by Xinnidy

Things were finally almost over... this had been a rough battle, a lot had happened, but there was just one Knight left. They could- would win this. Taking aim at the Hexis, it only took a few moments for the gunner to get a lock.

"Locked on to the big guy and ready to fire on your order, Captain!" Marcia announced, resting her finger on the trigger.

Marcia casts Strike

Everything was starting to move slowly. Her controls were responding just fine, but her body wasn't. As the adrenaline began to wear off, her body began to shut down, the weight of the situation hitting her.

Vera uses R Sniper with Firmia Sub Missile support at the Hexis!
Hit and Aways onto the Avalon!

One final shot was all she could give, the Velite managing to float towards the Avalon. Landing procedures hit, the machine began to dock on its own, as her body melted back into the pilots seat. Vera wasn't one for sobbing... Too many years in the military, and Apotheosis, letting herself go that far wasn't something she could give into. That didn't stop the tears, though. "They're gone. They're all... I..." She still had Esther... In, a sense. The girl looked up to her, for reasons she still didn't understand. If she'd gone as well, Vera would've found the self destruct and tested it against the Hexis' armor plating.

But she couldn't just give up when that girl still needed her. Even if it hurt. Even if it was too much. A part of her said this was karma. It made her laugh, and the dam almost broke, calming the noise, and falling into a still silence. She... Was going to need a lot of drinks, after this.

Aliza had unloaded the Sagittae's best shots on the ships before and had even brought one down, but there were still more flying in the air and she had found herself without her best shots. But even fatigued she refused to give up, at least while she still had options. So she brought out her beam crossbow and started firing once again.

Aliza moves to 20,16 and fires her Beam Crossbow on Chaldene 2

Marcia casts Strike![-16SP]

One last shot from Vera...

Vera attacks!
Weapon: R. Sniper Rifle
Final Hit: 28
Final Crit: 24
Roll: 69, 62
Miss!

Hexis counters!
Weapon: G-BR Prototype 1
Final Crit: 1
Roll: 3, 57
Hit!
No Crit.
Invincible activates!
Final Damage: 37

The Avalon provides support fire!
Weapon: Sub Missiles
Final Crit: 16
Roll: 30, 87
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 30

Vera gains +10 EXP!
Firmia gains +60 EXP!

That... ended up being a trade of sorts.

Aliza readies some siege on one of the remaining Chaldene!

Aliza attacks!
Target: Chaldene
Weapon: Beam Crossbow
Roll: 55, 50
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 142

The Chaldene counters!
Weapon: Missile Barrage
Final Hit: 61