An Apology and a Thank You

When I clicked "Create New Topic" this seemed like such a great idea but now that I'm actually typing, I'm not too sure.

Eh, whatever. What's the worst that could happen?
It's been almost 10 years (its probably been less but I stopped counting) since I last posted here on Serenes Forest and I'm sure none of you reading this when I was acting and those of you that were probably have no recollection as to who I am. Basically, I remember being the 63rd (64th?) member to this site and experiencing it had around 60 of us active at a giving time. It was close knit and I made quite a few friends. I see some of them still post here and one in particular is an admin. (I'm looking at you, Nightmare)

I spoke to one of those friends very recently for the first time in years and it took me back. And I remembered my time here...and I remembered being an idiot who instigated flame wars (or worse) with my childish attitude and attention whoring antics. (And I realize this probably falls into the vein of attention whoring, too. In which case I fully intend to avoid returning to this thread after I post it so as not to give that impression.)

Anyway, I made this place less enjoyable to a lot of people and I wanted to apologize for that now that I'm 10 years older and reflecting on it all after having spoke to someone I met here recently. So to those of you who have stayed after 10 years: I'm sorry.

I'm sure you're asking yourself at this point "who are you? why do I care?" and my answer is "nobody you need to worry about." and "you don't need to." This is cathartic for me and I'm feeling nostalgic.

But I also wanted to thank you. Because when I was 10 years younger, my favorite thing to do was type script-style fanfics on the fanfic board. I can't remember who exactly but someone called me out for doing that and told me my fics were garbage because I used script style. They were right, of course. Regardless, it made me want to write A REALLY GOOD script. And now I live in New York City writing plays for the Off-Broadway scene. As stupid as it sounds, I don't think I'd be doing this if that person hadn't berated me about my (admittedly) awful fics. So thanks for giving me that drive, I suppose.

So uh. That's all I wanted to say.

Cheers.

Edited by Gatrie: Guns Blazing

From someone who was there and does, in fact, remember you: holy shit, what a blast to the past.

7 minutes ago, Gatrie: Guns Blazing said:

And I remembered my time here...and I remembered being an idiot who instigated flame wars (or worse) with my childish attitude and attention whoring antics.

This was most of us back then, tbh.

I'm not gonna call you an attention whore. I'm just gonna say...go a little easier on yourself. You are your worst critic. I know the feeling, because I've been there. Trust me, you remember yourself being much worse than anyone else does (I certainly don't remember you being as bad as you're describing).

It's good to see you're doing well, though.

Heya! I think I remember seeing you way back, but wow, I can't believe it's actually been a whole decade (I had to check your profile just to be sure).

Anyway, thanks for giving us a progress update and don't sweat it too much; we were all young once. I hope your career goes well too ^^

while I don't fully remember how you acted because of how long it's been, I still easily recognize your name and avatar and I feel like I've spoken to you a lot

that's neat that you write plays now!! \o/ I hope you've been enjoying life, it sounds like you're at least satisfied with it

Edited by Freohr Datia