Balistician Corrin Playthrough

I'm kind of thinking of doing a balitician run just for something different. I took my new MU to 15 in On I Chieftain for counter. I will probably keep counter on and put in last slot for Kana. But i am wondering if I should run him through tactician or another class first before using sighting lens.  I'm thinking I will want to get my unit Pavise, Renewal, Astra, Lethality and or Pointe Blank. Not sure who I should make her mother. I think his boon is skill or strength and his bane is luck. Does anyone have any advice on who would be best choice for Kana's mother? I know children can't inherit DLC skills.

I didn’t get too much use out of ballistician other than to experiment with it, but I remember a few things:

Getting xp and levels is a pain because they can’t kill with their AoE skill.

They have range and mobility issues. Low growths in hp, res, and def make them fragile. The class also contributes nothing to speed growth which isn’t as much of a deal because the AoE can’t double.  They have good growths in str and skl.

Their class’ skill list is almost vital to take along in its entirety because they include skills that help their AoE, range, and mobility.  Combat skills, like ignis and dragon fang, and also won’t trigger with their AoE attack.  Anything that can help improve mobility (boots), and damage - usually STR based will be helpful.  Their squishiness is best managed by keeping them away from the fight and abusing their AoE.