We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

54 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Underlined is his, what appears to be, only actual scum read.  I actually really think this is weak as well.  I also know JB hasn't really done much either so there isn't much there to make a strong case or anything but that's what makes it weird that this is Nightmare's strongest case.  I feel that there should be other people who have done worse or sparked bigger scum reads than this.

Maybe there should be, maybe there shouldn't. I know some people have acted worse (e.g. Marth, zeus, and Satsuma/athena in some instances), but for now I'm waiting on a defence from Marth. If we don't get it, or a satisfactory one, I'm switching votes to him. But for now, I feel strongest about JB. He hasn't even really tried to do anything beyond the surface level to repel the accusations against him. While this could just be a lazy/busy townie, I'm staking my bets on it (even though I doubt we'll lynch him today) until I can see something more convincing from him. Why is this so alarming to you?

Although I'll say this, Snike makes a good point with athena. I didn't notice that before.

58 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Oh it's answered here.  This is weird and I still feel that it's too wishy-washy or swingy for my taste.  I'd like to request you to look into Athena if you could a bit more and give me some more reasons for why he's either town or scum.

I don't really see how it's wishy washy or swingy. I'm just saying I'm fine with looking into and seeing if my reads on him are correct or not. I think you're misreading my intent.

1 hour ago, Shinori said:

The more I think about Nightmare the more I dislike him currently.

Hey now, that's getting personal.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

Maybe there should be, maybe there shouldn't. I know some people have acted worse (e.g. Marth, zeus, and Satsuma/athena in some instances), but for now I'm waiting on a defence from Marth. If we don't get it, or a satisfactory one, I'm switching votes to him. But for now, I feel strongest about JB. He hasn't even really tried to do anything beyond the surface level to repel the accusations against him. While this could just be a lazy/busy townie, I'm staking my bets on it (even though I doubt we'll lynch him today) until I can see something more convincing from him. Why is this so alarming to you?

Although I'll say this, Snike makes a good point with athena. I didn't notice that before.

I don't really see how it's wishy washy or swingy. I'm just saying I'm fine with looking into and seeing if my reads on him are correct or not. I think you're misreading my intent.

Hey now, that's getting personal.

WRT bolded: Alarming part to me about seeing nothing but town reads makes me feel there isn't much actual scum hunting being done.

The only reason I say it's wishy washy or swingy is because it's worded in a way that your stance on him could go either way, I guess I can't really fault you too much for this at the moment as it's only day 1 but I feel some reads should be a bit more concrete than others..  Albeit you do aren't completely on the fence, you do have a stance currently for the most part.  So that's a bit better.

18 minutes ago, Fable said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't these two posts at odds with each other? Like it's voting Zeus for not doing anything and the later going "Oh he's still not doing anything? That's actually super villagery". 

Being bad does not eventually loop around to being good if you do it long enough. 

a lot of stuff happened between then. I obviously don't think that his play is good or that he's playing in a pro-town fashion. but I feel like if he was scum he would have one or two good points thrown in that were being fed to him by teammates, or that he would try more rather than just be resigned. his total lack on that side make me think he's town regardless of his poor play. i also think that i'm the only one defending him atm and generally we'd see him being defended by more people if he were scum. especially in the chaos of a d1 it doesn't take a lot of people speaking up for him to save him.

Sure, I'll cop to that @Shinori. I'm not exactly doing my best with scum hunting (or playing this game in general), but the town reads also help me to better identify scum vs. town, especially in the long run. Telling other people about it will also be helpful I imagine, though I will try doing more.

Day 1.9 - Votals
Magnificence Incarnate (5): Walrein, eclipse, vi-astra, BBM
Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy (4): Bartozio, Eurykins, athena_57, Refa
athena_57 (2): Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy, Shinori
Bartozio (2): Anime27Arts, WeaponsofMassConstruction
Fable (2): Jaybee, zeus_112
Junk (2): Zkirsche, Magnificence Incarnate
zeus_112 (2): Bibbon, Fable
Jaybee (1): Nightmare
Zkirsche (1): Junk
Shinori (1): Elieson

Not Voting: Eärendil

You have ~19 hours left in the day. With 22 alive, it takes 8 to lynch and 15 to hammer.

Edited by Iris

@eclipse

I could repost the stuff at the top of page 18 but I'll read instead. Not quoting bc it's clunky.

Next post is satsuma vote; which makes sense from the previous stuff. Why wasn't it in place earlier?

I don't think the argument about confrontation holds bc they're obviously in a confrontation : Not voting is a separate matter in a sense. I mean I'm kinda flaming marth but I'm not voting him; does that mean I'm averse to confronting him?

The vote itself makes sense if he thinks satsuma's stuff is bad; the read on the bartozio case is ??? because he goes from agreeing with the conclusion to saying he's scummy but no need to wagon. I'd like to see more about that.

Bro defense on zeus is null, but it's telling that his read stays the same after the zeusShow of like 13-16. It doesn't evolve despite the pushing.

Next post is part and parcel of the reactionary vibe I get from him. It's less pushing something and more answering pressure/attention than taking the lead.

after that is

9 hours ago, athena_57 said:

Good content man

to JB's unvote before he contented, and this is what actually set me on him while I was reading in anticipation of the inevitable polysub.This is kinda a cheap shot, and the fact that he does not go to respond to JB's followup post, instead moving on to zeus, makes it look worse.

The zeus stuff I believe I've expressed my concerns about, but afterwards, when I sub in, he responds to Satsuma + my role thing, but not to my stuff on him, when I'm directly voting him. This goes against the confrontation point from above, though maybe I'm just the Bogeysnike or something to him.

all in all 7/10 needs more spice, or perhaps eau de la village.

ANNOUNCEMENT:
Hi! I've been noticing a lot of misgendering in the game, and I realized this is mostly because there are a lot of new faces in here, so here's a quick list to help you all. Please respect everyone and try to remember and use people's preferred pronouns! If I have listed the wrong pronouns for you, please let me know immediately!

Anime27Arts: she/her/hers
athena_57: he/his/him
Bartozio: he/his/him
BBM: he/his/him
Bibbon: she/her/hers
Eärendil: not sure!
eclipse: she/her/hers
Elieson: he/his/him
Eurykins: she/her/hers
Fable: he/his/him
Jaybee: he/his/him
Junk (Junko): he/his/him
Magnificence Incarnate (Marth): he/his/him
Nightmare: he/his/him
Refa: he/his/him
Shinori: he/his/him
SatsumaFSoySoy: he/his/him

Snike: he/his/him
Vi-astra (via): he/his/him
Walrein: they/them/theirs
WeaponsofMassConstruction: he/his/him
zeus_112: he/his/him
Zkirsche: he/his/him

Just gonna point this out then one more time:  I'm bad at memorizing pronouns that people want to be called and I generally also just type stuff like he/she or whatever randomly unless its someone I have talked to for years.  A lot of the time when I type he/she I might literally just be typing he/she based on your avatar picture.

Please don't be offended if I call you by the wrong pronoun as it is unintentional.

I typically tend to be a low poster, and I don't make elaborate reads list and stuff. If you don't believe me, I can link some of my MU games. I don't like how BBM keeps pushing that, but whatever. 

1 hour ago, Shinori said:

Why are you going to give Athena the benefit of the doubt?  Does this imply you actually think Athena is scum? And if so why don't you agree with a lynch on them?  Also how does this make you feel considering Snike has his/your vote currently on Athena.

Weapons replies aren't that bad in the most recent conversations.  Why do you feel they are unhelpful and what do you mean by nothing to lose?  Weapons isn't really even a lynch candidate at the moment so why this wording?

I think some of Athena's play has been things scum would do, but I'm not certain because those things could just be indicative of playstyle instead of actual scum. I'd be more certain of a lynch on him if, later on, he makes more mistakes, since for now he has made only one (technically two but they're linked).

If Snike is going to use the votes more often or more effectively than I am, then I'm willing to defer to him, especially since there is no consensus on the lynch yet.

Earlier, Weapons simply responded "no u" to BBM's accusation that he is only making joke posts and not playing seriously, then "sometimes I forget to use my words" when questioned by Refa. Those are pretty much non-answers, until he finally picked up the pace later on. He seemed rather nonchalant, and I don't think scum would draw attention to themselves like that. Weapons was a lynch candidate earlier, but maybe my post was a little late.

hey i'm unwell and gonna be MIA for the rest of the night
will be back for phase end

11 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Marth is Magnificence incarnate.

Oh.

Yeah I super disagree with what people are saying about him then. I think his posts have been reasonable and I really don't see a wolf trying to reach out to me the way that he did. 

I think Nightmare is trying to be a bit lurky. Their posts are often long because they said they only post in short bursts after most things have already finished, but he doesn't seem to give much reasoning to his thoughts. His list of reads has a lot of uncertainty, which is fine to me, but when he does say something he never goes into specifics. For example, he says Athena has pulled himself out of suspicion and gets a townread from him, but it's a sentence that essentially says nothing because he doesn't point to what Athena has done or said. He also said BBM's posts felt lackluster, but again, doesn't really point to anything. Granted, his wording implied he might not know how to describe it, but I'd still like to see something more specific from him. Not really going to file him under anything yet since he's basically not telling us how he's thinking.

I'm conflicted about Magnificence. On one hand, he based his entire Junk case on something that could just be a verbal tic, which is just strange. On the other hand, he has yet to get on and defend his case in any manner, so I don't know what he's trying to do. I'm interested to see if he'll just bail out of this Junk thing.

Speaking of, Junk has been inactive too, but he's reading and commenting deeply into issues when he posts, much more so than Magnificence. If the patterns continue, I'd find Junk to be the more believable one.

##Unvote

##Vote: athena_57

I feel like there's more to explore with Bartozio, and it's not like his stuff hasn't been terribly alignment indicative so far, but that's cause there's no much of it to begin with and he's disappeared again. He was a lot more active last game so I'm still down to vote, but apparently the party has moved elsewhere, so I'll consolidate on athena. Still not that interested in consolidating on Marth, though the number of people scumreading him is weird, cause I didn't pick up much from him on first read through, so I just feel like I'm missing something. Maybe I'll go back and reread him more in-depth later.

The Satsuma/Snike wagon looks outdated and they've both been progressively protown, so I'm not about consolidating there either. I could consolidate on zeus out of policy more than scumreading, but what BBM said about him being lynchbait seems very true.

and then cause I don't think I've addressed it yet, the logic jump was cause I read the thread through first time tired, and didn't absorb things very well but still naturally had impressions on players, and then I went back to read stuff with more focus, and adjusted my opinions accordingly

@Iris I’m actually a hot gorl, get your facts straight CIS scum.

I’ve only been skimming and won’t be able to do a proper read until later on, but I don’t want to lynch Marth (did he make any posts after his initial one?) and would prefer to go for Bartozio.  I’m kind of biased towards Marth in that people have been lynching him for playing the way that he always does but... I do think that Via/BBM in particular are making a minor thing seem scummier than it is.  Don’t remember Eclipse’s, and Walrein’s made sense at the time.  My vote is supposed to be on Bartozio; I could’ve sworn I was voting him.  I think the cases on Junk are good but he wouldn’t be able to make that big reads post as scum IMO.  Athena/Fable I’m not at all bothered by, and Zeus is consolidation if I must but I’d do my best not to get to that point in the first place.

I’ll vote swap after I get back but this is where I currently stand.

As a heads' up there is probably a role in this game that involves Major Tarot cards. I would say be wary of any fishing involving that.

@Refa What about me/Satsuma? You defaulted on us last time which is why the vote isn't on Bartozio, so has that changed?

I don't like how bart's reads didn't really evolve over 5-6 pages, including the spat between athena and Sats. I also don't like how he doesn't delve into Athena after athena openly stated disagreement with his argument though bart also later used one of athena's remarks to support his case. I could lynch this.

welp to start off I'm 99% sure i wasn't in cuphead mafia @eclipse haha so you may have gotten me confused with someone else.

So turns out I mainly missed page 18 not 17 and 18. Kirsche's new post doesn't change my mind. It's just null. Some stuff about bibbon (btw what do you actually think of the slot kirsche) and then a minor read on eclipse and his read on nightmare seems more like pressure to get him to talk which isn't significant.

For the rest of the page I pretty much said what BBM already said in my post and eclipse's logic is pretty good in regards to marth. Snike's posts about athena are also pretty good.

So yeah p18 in general just reaffirms my reads. 

PEDIT: unless i missed something are people voting bartozio based off a post ED1?