We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

5 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I thought it would be obvious the sheep post was a joke. I'm not that stupid.

i mean, yes, it was

but we toneread those 'round these parts

cause if someone's awkward and stiff even when they're joking that's a red flag

whereas i thought that one was more natural, like you were comfortable in the thread

and like that's by no means a guarantee of towniness but it's harder to fake comfort as a wolf than a lot of people think it is

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna clarify for the record regarding my case on zeus, from my POV I'm not voting him cuz I'm trying to get rid of a lazy player but because I think he's scum. I say this a lot but there's a difference between voting someone just because they aren't being helpful and voting someone because you think specifically that they are scum, and that their not being helpful is scum-motivated. I think that specifically what they said to athena is newbscum.

not to rag on eclipse or anythin--I just wanted to clarify.

marth by the way who do you think is scum? that was an unimpressive post and lack of vote. appreciate you agree w my zeus read but would you vote him for that?

23 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Will wait for Weapons to make a coherent post after he wakes up.

please

I went back and read through the whole thread proper, and it's really not as complicated as I thought it was. Amazing what you can do when you try. Here are my more coherent thoughts about players:

-I'm more scumreading athena now, though I think I'm pretty undecided overall on him. What stood out on reread was his interaction with Satsuma, and there was a post where Satsuma felt convicted about their own defense after athena kind of backed off awkwardly, which makes Satsuma look better and athena worse. Also, that backing off reminded me of athena backing off from reading Bartozio last game after he claimed vig, and two repeat behaviors > one. Their latest vote back on Satsuma it also feels like does not follow, I think because the quote it was in response to was Satsuma's towniest post imo. After typing this out, I feel like I should be scumreading athena more; I think why I was less decided was that I felt athena was doing a good job defending themselves, but that is in their scum range. What I want to know is @athena_57, how would you describe the differences between your scum and town metas?

-I still want Bart to at least reply cause I do think him dropping his role in and then disappearing when people started scumreading him for it is scummy. Then again, the fact that he made that post standalone is more town, so idk. @Refa, I thought it was weird he checked his role pm randomly after phase start because I didn't do that and didn't see any reason to, but upon review that's probably cause I'm biased cause my role is pretty easy to understand and so it's not a great reason.

-I think BBM is pretty town so far, what stood out to me was how he votehopped among the players who haven't been actively contributing and seemed to be uncertain about them. This and his other content in general look like a consistent town uncertain thought process.

-I'm pretty undecided on kirsche on reread, I want to say that he is just more about the pressure people life even when there is little to work off of, but I don't know where the line to where he would be overpressuring (artificially).

-I don't really want to vote Satsuma/Bibbon/zeus/Fable on the basis that they're not contributing and steadfast on that, cause then it just feels like we're playing mafia simulator in lynching the same type of player each game, but also I do think the steadfastness is more town. Actually I don't think Bibbon really fits that description, but for some other reason, I don't think they're scum off of what exists. Any of them can get vigged though, and I think they should lean toward posting impressions more, even if they're not that confident in them.

-Of the people who haven't posted in a while, Elie looks the most suspicious; the whole shading people away from reading the hydra slot as town based on setup spec is something I've seen scum commonly do.

-I don't think JB is scum on the basis that he easyvoted Fable, maybe just because I think as scum he'd know that doing that would make him look bad.

-My reads on Walrein and Via haven't changed. Via's autocorrect is very scummy though. I'm happier with eclipse being town, as her proactivity looks goal-oriented.

i forgot about everyone else

oh, and....

I'm becoming a little paranoid weapons is over-doing his goofiness this game because he's scum trying to emulate his town meta to the post he's overshooting it?

okay seriously though i'm not voting zeus cuz he isn't being helpful. fable wasn't at first but clearly showed in his case it was a stylistic difference and opened up when eclipse questioned him properly.

i have no issues with your zeus vote

can't speak for anyone else but i feel like it's a reasonable vote

i'm prolly gonna wind up somewhere in {athena/zeus/weapons/marth} pending some rereads, though that latest weapons post looks meaty

I always have one or two SUPER MEGA townreads every d1 and right now for me they are definitely eclipse and walrein.

you know what imma actually ##Unvote ##Vote: Magnificence Incarnate

marth's entry into this game is limp enough to warrant some pressure, especially considering that i remember him doing FAR better in past towngames

1 minute ago, Vi-astra said:

I always have one or two SUPER MEGA townreads every d1 and right now for me they are definitely eclipse and walrein.

i smell a T O W N C O R E

I just realized that I forgot to vote,  my bad.  I wasn't finished with my reading but I'll get a vote down in a few hours.  I have some work to do for at least another 4 hours

1 minute ago, Walrein said:

i have no issues with your zeus vote

sorry! I think I'm overexplaining myself cuz I'm getting paranoid people think I'm going for an easy vote on an inactive/uncoorperative player when that isn't the case; all of the less active players in this game thus far have been less active in different ways and I think zeus is the scummiest. though in recent developments I could go for a marth vote.

1 minute ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

I just realized that I forgot to vote,  my bad.  I wasn't finished with my reading but I'll get a vote down in a few hours.  I have some work to do for at least another 4 hours

>"whoops i forgot to vote"

>"i'll vote in a few hours"

that's... not how this works

the fact that you're self-conscious enough to realize you haven't voted without having anyone you actually wanna vote FOR pings me

in regards to lynch options thrown out today--

i'm not really convinced on satsuma so i'm not very willing to consolidate on them but athena i'm eh, if he becomes a wagon option i would pick him over sat.

for some reason i forgot bart was playing the game. i have selective memory especially in larger games so there's somewhere else i have to re-examine tomorrow.

also elie please come back. i didn't think his first posts felt like scum but pls come back

20 hours ago, Walrein said:

what do you find weird about bbm's posting?

why do you think "everyone is towny" looks bad? it's a read i don't think is historically very alignment indicative 

I'll explain the Bbm thing in a more detailed post.

Regarding the other: "Everyone looks towny" is such an innocent thing to say, right? But if you start approaching the game from that perspective, I don't see how it benefits town. Maybe I'm thinking too much into it, but it's something that definitely sticks out to me.  

17 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Okay, so I managed to screw up reading my role pm. People should not target me with abilities at night.

I'm not quite sure if I should believe this or not. If I do decide to believe it, then it would clear you as town... 

6 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I usually like to hear more and have more than one reason before I cast a vote, unless it's just to lynch. I don't think I have enough information to do so.

That's fine (well, it's not fine, but it doesn't make you scum).  Could you at least post your current thoughts on people and what's going on in the thread?  I'm not bothered by you not putting a vote down (at worst, it's a difference in playstyle), but you avoiding giving opinions on things (if not deliberately, please make a deliberate effort not to do that).  

2 hours ago, Vi-astra said:

Time to NK Eclipse and bus all of my buddies so I can get into the F3 with the town core.

@Vi-astra Talk to me.  I legitimately barely remember Zeus, why is he the scummiest dude?  I agree with what you said about him, but FMPOV you had so much more on Athena and BBM.

@Magnificence Incarnate Marth, let's make some interactions baby.  What makes Athena come across as detached to you?  I don't get that impression from his read at all.  I know I townread him last game...where he was scum...but I'm legitimately not bothered by him outside of his ED1 play.  Everyone else is okay w/lynching the guy and here I am thinking "what did he do wrong?".  I think your case on Junk is good, but a genuine question: Do you think that's something he wouldn't do as town, or do less of?  Junk is a very waffly town player, which is why it didn't ping me anyways.

I don't think Marth's post is indicative of scumminess because it read as unfinished to me and turns out it was unfinished.  Maybe it's lazy scum but in my experience from talking to Marth during games, he's pretty lazy as both alignments unless motivated.  I want to at least give him a chance here.

Weapon's recent post was like, pretty good.  I still don't like how he didn't really contribute anything until he got called out, but like...it's unlikely for scum to have that level of reads so soon after being called out.  Also I can't remember who I thought was scummy outside of Bartozio / Satsuma which is...ugh.  I don't know if I'd be comfortable lynching either one of them because what I want out of them is MORE STUFF.

##Unvote

##Vote: Satsuma