We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

3 minutes ago, zeus_112 said:

I think of it this way: people start questioning me, I defend myself and if I've defended myself well they will question someone else. If I did not defend myself well enough they hang me.

Whew, this is really bad. This makes it sound like you're on trial. You should be doing the questioning as well. Like, I know you're a passive player and all, but this is too much.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, zeus_112 said:

Its not strange to anwer peoples questions is it? If they ask me 10 times again I will answer 10 times with the same answer.

And for the defending myself thing. Its just my way of playing. I think of it this way: people start questioning me, I defend myself and if I've defended myself well they will question someone else. If I did not defend myself well enough they hang me.

It's your casual style that's bothering me. You are just so carefree about this thing, and it's about the only thing you've consistently done. You have a handful of posts, of which 3, and now 4 of them are defending yourself. You don't seem to be doing much and that is my problem. You are not planning to coast, are you? That's bad regardless of alignment. 

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Well, how else are lynches supposed to happen?  It's D1, all we have are posts.

My point is, if you don't think someone is scum, you should defend them. A highly discussed player is at risk of being lynched, regardless of alignment. I'm not saying don't discuss players. I never said that. 

I think it's strange how Zeus thinks the only two options are "defend myself" and "get lynched" 

This is extremely survival motivated, to the point it's not towny anymore.

I understand, you don't want to be lynched as town, but, town has other priorities as well, like scum hunting. There's none of that going on here.  

7 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

Whew, this is really bad. This makes it sound like you're on trial. You should be doing the questioning as well. Like, I know you're a passive player and all, but this is too much.

so what you say is that I play to muxh like its town of salem? Yeah youre right

9 minutes ago, Bibbon said:

It's your casual style that's bothering me. You are just so carefree about this thing, and it's about the only thing you've consistently done. You have a handful of posts, of which 3, and now 4 of them are defending yourself. You don't seem to be doing much and that is my problem. You are not planning to coast, are you? That's bad regardless of alignment. 

what is planning to coast?

6 minutes ago, Bibbon said:

My point is, if you don't think someone is scum, you should defend them. A highly discussed player is at risk of being lynched, regardless of alignment. I'm not saying don't discuss players. I never said that. 

And I never said that you said that, either.

Point is, what you said earlier made absolutely no sense, given my play style.  I pick out things I don't like, partly to build up some association, and partly so I can reread things at night and re-evaluate my reads.

Just now, Walrein said:

so are we just not gonna talk about the reinfleche drive-by or

BBM's vote worked.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

And I never said that you said that, either.

Point is, what you said earlier made absolutely no sense, given my play style.  I pick out things I don't like, partly to build up some association, and partly so I can reread things at night and re-evaluate my reads.

BBM's vote worked.

Well, what I said was in response to BBM saying someone is not at risk of being lynched. I said that's not true. The risk is ever present. Please understand, I'm not critiquing your playstyle.  

5 minutes ago, zeus_112 said:

what is planning to coast?

It means you plan on getting by with little effort. Just do nothing the game, and expect us to be okay with it. We're not going to be. 

2 minutes ago, Bibbon said:

Well, what I said was in response to BBM saying someone is not at risk of being lynched. I said that's not true. The risk is ever present. Please understand, I'm not critiquing your playstyle.  

That's fair.

See that little plus sign next to Quote?  It's Multiquote, so you can collect a bunch of quotes at once and respond.  I don't know if you're running into the anti-spam things, but if you are, that should alleviate it.

1 minute ago, Bibbon said:

It means you plan on getting by with little effort. Just do nothing the game, and expect us to be okay with it. We're not going to be. 

little effort.. I'm sorry for being a scrub, but I just aren't as sharp as you guys and just not very sure about voting before real information (apart from peoples tones)

2 minutes ago, zeus_112 said:

little effort.. I'm sorry for being a scrub, but I just aren't as sharp as you guys and just not very sure about voting before real information (apart from peoples tones)

You don't have to vote yet per sé. Just ask questions to people you feel are being weird and ask them to explain their behaviour.

5 minutes ago, zeus_112 said:

and what is that?

2 minutes ago, Bibbon said:

Even if we lynch you, we're likely to get no info from that. 

What Bibbon means by that is because you haven't really attacked anybody and all attacks on you are quite surface-level, no associative reads can be made.

Just now, Bibbon said:

Even if we lynch you, we're likely to get no info from that. 

So vig shot, then?

I mean, his flailing has led to something, which was better than the nothing he was doing before.  It's not coherent flailing, but at least people can interact with him now.  It may not be the most informative death ever, but it'll produce some one-way associative reads.

Just now, zeus_112 said:

yep you're right

. . .and I'm back to not liking you.