We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BBM How confident are you in your Junk read?  By that I mean as in "how confident are you that you wouldn't want to lynch him".

I believe Nightmare's claim, or at least that Martyr is part of his role.  The macho part seems strange

@Snike Explain the scumslip, I don't get it.

the "scumslip" is that the role PMs are worded:

"In other words, you are the <insert role>

You are a member of the Upright..."

whereas nightmare implied it was all one line. but i don't think this is a scumslip because there's a sample town role PM on the first page and it's probably worded the same way for scum too.

macho martyr makes perfect sense because that way the martyr can't be docced, so you prevent protective role circlejerking.

however missing it is a kind of big omission which would make sense if it was a fake. ughhh idk

ALSO targeting me makes more sense coming from town because I'm town and FSR people are townreading me even though I've contributed nothing of value.

1 minute ago, BBM said:

the "scumslip" is that the role PMs are worded:

"In other words, you are the <insert role>

You are a member of the Upright..."

whereas nightmare implied it was all one line. but i don't think this is a scumslip because there's a sample town role PM on the first page and it's probably worded the same way for scum too.

Yeah, that's what confused me.  It doesn't make sense for Scum!Nightmare to not have that knowledge.

I'm too LOST to be scum, I almost wish I had an informed position because my reads are a mess.

@BBM I know you said you don't have any scumreads, but who would you read into at the moment?  Asking for a friend.

going to read jaybee next; he's basically my only suspicion left from d1. i was going to read him after junko/nightmare but got distracted by the claim. 

i'm inclined to think nightmare is town? at the least I wouldn't lynch him yet because either the maf will kill him or he'll get himself killed through his role if he's town. and if he's scum they'll have to pick suboptimal kills to give him plausible fake targets.

the cases on junko aren't very convincing and I don't suspect him at the moment. but I'm not specifically townreading him.

wait actually I forgot I was reading athena's end of day posts again bc of what Snike said. snike can you point out where he flip-flipped on bart for distancing? it looks like he wasn't really suspecting bart that much but voted him at the end for not-me-over-me which makes sense to me.

aand sf ate another post

what bbm said + missing macho is big

+Why would you claim Town? That's kinda superfluous because it's a given unless you're claiming third that you're assuming you're town. (Nitpick but capital T implies it's part of rolename; if he meant factional he saw that it was Upright and so should've used that)

-ate is ongoing. Ate is strong. I am not interested in addressing it right now.

I should clarify that my results show up as Godfather role-wise; not "Town Godfather" or whatever it was rgat bbm more in line with inno/godfather respectively to role/ alliance cop.

I think looking at JB is probably good, though I'm not familiar with his meta. I had him at null earlier.

@BBM gimme a minute to link the posts; I wouldn't characterize it 100% as flip-flopping but it felt like distancing. Eclipse on Page 23 had a comment on readshifts though; it should be her big one, about halfway down the page.

Lastly, as a heads' up my other head is busy with an essay atm; he's reading but can't respond rn.

52 minutes ago, Shinori said:

What about the fact that Athena voted Bart > himself?  Or did he have an actual case on Bart before that?  I don't quite remember him talking too much about Bart but I easily could have missed it.

What's the difference between him not voting Marth over himself while voting Bart > Himself?

Sorry Shinori, forgot to reply to this.  If Athena didn't have a case on Bart then the discrepancy is strange.  @athena_57 Why did you refuse to vote Marth in a "not me over me" but voted Bartozio in a similar fashion?

20 minutes ago, Snike said:

aand sf ate another post

what bbm said + missing macho is big

+Why would you claim Town? That's kinda superfluous because it's a given unless you're claiming third that you're assuming you're town. (Nitpick but capital T implies it's part of rolename; if he meant factional he saw that it was Upright and so should've used that)

-ate is ongoing. Ate is strong. I am not interested in addressing it right now.

It was just how I had it in my mind at the time. Like I said, I hadn't read my role PM in a while.

Is this second point addressed to me? If so, you can tell me what it's about whenever you feel interested in addressing it.

##unvote

hold on I'm revisiting some stuff from last night and there are some little things telling me night might be town However I would like to hear from him why he thinks my case on him is weak because I don't think it's weak by any means

ate is happening and it's making me uncomfy but I'm not interested in addressing it

I just dunno I'm a mess too. 

##vote: junko 

shrug emoji

also sorry maybe hold off on character claiming I was kind of a dumbass to suggest it.

On 4/10/2018 at 2:15 PM, athena_57 said:

Thoughts on Kirsche: As I mentioned before, I don't agree with his BBM case. I think the questions Junko's asking him are valid questions. I don't really have a read atm, but am definitely awaiting his reply.

Bartozio reply: Reasonable question, though I think the answer seems fairly obvious imo. I think Bart thinks it's bad because you could also just say you don't have any reads without going into detail. I myself do not think this is a problem however and have a bigger problem with the aforementioned filler posts.

OK, so, starting from page 6, above is athena explaining or trying to explain bart's vote on satsuma

On 4/10/2018 at 5:18 PM, athena_57 said:

Bandwagoned a train with 1 vote? Not sure whether I'd call that a train tbh.

Abandoned easily? I listed you as one of my two prime suspects, how is that dropping the case? The vote was there to pressure you into giving reads, you made it clear you didn't have/want to say anything else, not much point in keeping it there then.

I am uncertain myself as well, but I'm talking to generate conversations rather than hiding behind my uncertainty.

"Comfy with Bartozio behind you", which is why I said I didn't agree with his reasoning? I made it pretty clear I wasn't agreeing with Bartozio in the sense that I agreed with his reasoning, I merely agreed with his conclusion.

This post makes some really weird OMGUS-y attacks.

Page 7, a little backpedal;

On 4/11/2018 at 5:11 AM, athena_57 said:

No I didn't have much of a case, that's true. But it was the best case I had at the time and thus the one I pursued. I do not consider a double pressure vote to be a big deal at all, especially in a 22 player game, so I don't follow your logic there.

I didn't mean I disliked uncertain players, I dislike players who hide behind their uncertainty.

I didn't think you were accusing us of being buddies, I felt you were accusing me of piggybacking Bartozio's case, in which case my argument stands.

How many players are going to have to tell you D1 isn't just about meta until you start doing stuff? Even if it doesn't help you, it helps others. It feels weird placing my vote back here, but I think your later posts have been pretty bad as well. I find it pretty interesting you're attacking me for avoiding confrontation whilst refusing to place a vote yourself.

##Vote: SatsumaFSoySoy

I'm liking Eclipse's stuff so far. It seems 'honest' scumhunting.
I agree with the notion Refa seems like detached town.
Weapons weird behavior is throwing me off, but I think it's NAI, perhaps even weird enough to make it townish.

I approve of the case on Bartozio, he's been acting pretty weird, but I don't see any merit in joining the wagon at this point.

Going to defend Zeus here for a sec, I can confirm saying stuff like 'I'm stupid' to people he doesn't know, sitting back and playing passively and a tendency to laziness are all things I expect him to do whether he's town or scum. Consider this a meta-read saying his behaviour is NAI. It is however extremely annoying @zeus_112, and I would urge you to become more productive.

In similar fashion, all the other little-posters, so Fable, nightmare, JB etc. are null to me, with JB being slightly worse due to his hypocritical post about non-activity.

Satsuma > Bartozio > JB for me atm.

Page 10/11 (I think) Note italicized underlined. The majority of the cases were being made/were made on page 7 around the same time the satsuma/athena spat was happening.

I legitimately don't think he cased Bart that much; he made a remark after the marth vote switch that the vote was weird but I don't know if he pointed out what exactly was susp about bart.

sorry for delay but I went page by page to check to see if there was a case outside of sheeping; I don't think there is

Hey everyone! Bet you're glad to see me! 

Hahaha that was a joke. I can promise to post a lot more than Elie though. 

So I'm town. My character is Rapier. I'm not going to tell you my role yet, just that I know @Zkirsche did some kind of night action last night. Care to explain?

I've paid a little bit of attention to this game so far (you mislynched Bartozio N1 that always draws a crowd!) but I'm not quite up to date on everything else and I don't have time to re-read. So, if ya'll could do that thing where you post your thoughts on everybody in the game ATM I'd be most appreciative. Sorry, I know it's bound to be harder with a 22 player game...

...which brings me to my next question: being inexperienced in games of this size and Mafia in general, I honestly have no idea how many scum we're looking at. I'd guess a 5-player scum team and maybe 1 SK? But I don't know. If there's like a canon number there's supposed to be, could you please fill me in?

I'll try not to be a drag this game!

Oh, yeah:

##Vote: Zkirsche

You did something last night. I dunno what it was or who you did it to, but if you haven't claimed yet, would you care to explain? Apologies if you did claim. If that's the case, can somebody tell me which blasted page it's on?