We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

just from looking at this page: alette not making much sense is a ~decent look (somewhat of a memetic read but it's more accurate than it has any right to be)

makaze hard defending my lazy ass when i have a known rep for flaking as scum is probably a good look unless they've got buddies planning on hard pushing a lynch on me (good luck) to reap the ensuing towncred from "oh look i was right walrein was town all along"

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm probably not going to do any work tonight - i much prefer when people are here

and i have literal work tomorrow so we'll see have tomorrow night goes

i really would like to establish a foothold back into this game but it's been Hard when i've missed so many posts due to work (and, let's be real, league of legends) + half the game has subbed out (a problem i'm trying very hard not to contribute to!)

things i'd like to do:

-case jaybee

-reevaluate my townreads on some slots that have subbed

-glance for any easy townreads from the new subins

i basically haven't read anything since last time i posted so i don't exactly have update reads for you all but i'm going to make an attempt to remedy that over the next couple of days

unless somebody posts before i go to bed, walrus out

i also don't think my character is particularly role-indicative so i'm considering claiming it for via

but i'd like to hear the opinion of others on the matter before i do so

2 hours ago, Vi-astra said:

in response to whoever it was that asked me why I read kirsche's tone yesterday as scum (I'm sorry I looked through my notifs and I can't find who pinged me) I thought he was frustrated scum pulling the classic "this is stupid this is a bad lynch" and making specifically Refa feel bad for it, there was some guilt tripping that read me as scum getting desperate also.

That was me, and I can see what you're talking about. Incidentally, I don't know if eclipse char claimed, but it is eclipse.

1 hour ago, Alette said:

I'm talking about how jaybee has been voted both days and survived those votes

So you agree with people's cases on him?

5 minutes ago, Walrein said:

one of whom currently has the lead wagon so that might be a good place to start

Personally, with the wagon momentum the way it is, I'd rather you look into other people. Especially if you have limited time due to RL.

Alette, Arcanite and Gaius are the other ones from your PoE list that I'm not townreading.

Alternatively, read Snike + Soy and tell me what you think of his voteswitch to Kirsche LD2.

10 hours ago, Baldrick said:

athena, I want you to explain something, see below

I'm assuming you're referring to what I thought of that JB post after the unvote-thing? To be honest, I don't actually dislike it, especially the Eclipse/Weapons stuff I can agree with. IIRC past!me didn't feel as good about it, because I was townreading both Eclipse and Weapons at the time.

10 hours ago, Fable said:

Shinori ISO

-Defends Zeus and JB on page 18 but in a direct way just in a "you should be voting for people other than them" kinda way. 

-Also does a nightmare case on the same page which looks good for mack I think.

-Suggests Refa as 3p on page 40? Seems like a weird angle to take on something that's w/w. Probably looks good for Refa? 

-Pushes against Bibbon's defense of BBM which looks good for the bibbon slot if people have doubts there still. 

-He pushes a Athena a ton so Athena should be clear af 

-He's super hedgy on Walrein, says he's wolfy but manages to say he's gotten way better and defends him with Junko on page 47 in the same post.

-That Omega slot is lock clear with how Shinori gets with him on page 48.

-He pushes on Nightmare a lot too over the course of the two days. 

##Vote:Walrein

I think JB is a good lynch but obviously would be boring if I piled on there too and I think the way he talked about Walrein is a lot like how he treated Junko, wolf read him but always found a way to say he was getting better or shouldn't be lynched. That tied with how obvious V the Omega slot is and how Walrein parked on him for 2 straight says make me not like him so much anymore.  

Good call on Walrein, I completely missed/forgot that. Also, I'm curious, has Mack been using the QT? That would really help me in reading that slot.

9 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

So wait, there's no quicktopic this phase? Is the one between Mack and Fable still open?

The other QT should still be open, yes. Where are you getting this "no QT this phase" from? I know I used my ability and it succeeded.

9 hours ago, Refa said:

If neither of the Co-Networkers claim blocked, then I would assume there is one.  According to what the Co-Networkers said, the Mack/Fable one is open until one of them dies.

Sorry if you're trying to keep it silent, but since I connected you, you should know whether or not there is a QT atm. Is there one?

6 hours ago, Snike said:

I picked BBM and gaius because they were two of the people on the eclipse wagon and I felt the worst about them at the end of day.  So yes it would be their LD2 that bothered me. And particularly at that point in time gaius who I felt like was acting like a lyncher.

How do you feel about LG as of now?

2 hours ago, Alette said:

I've listed my reads so far that I feel confident on. The other players are null or flipping between town/scum 

You've all listed them at some point perhaps, but it's a lot clearer/easier if they're all in one place. Also, between posting them and now, nothing changed about any of them?

1 hour ago, Walrein said:

anybody willing to lay out the general case on jaybee for me?

His D1/D2 posts have been very non-committal, he was scumreading Bibbon D1 and questioning her, but left his vote on the Bart wagon, who would end up getting mislynched. His excuse for this is inactivity. He hasn't said much about the 2 people who flipped scum and made a pretty sheepish vote on the first real counterwagon to Junko (who was lynched and flipped scum). His day 1/2 were non-interactive, he had a hand in the Bart mislynch and has bad associativity with the flipped scum members.

He was my biggest scumread after Junk and he looks even worse now. The claim doesn't change anything for me. This wagon is already big so I might swap elsewhere at some point today, but for now I'm voting here to show where I stand.

##Vote: Jaybee

With that out of the way, my thoughts:

Phase end was disgusting. Multiple people pointed out the chaos could very well be scum trying to save junk and yet y'all almost turbo'd Kirsche.

I already said I hated these counterwagons, but I don't think Makaze/Sully look worse because of it, their cases seem genuine.

I am pretty bothered by the Kirsche wagon, mostly because I can't pinpoint who I dislike on it. Like I said, I'm not blaming sully, the gutreads from Makaze/Via make sense and appear honest.

Refa just keeps on swapping and being opportunistic af, which I don't think is scummy. Omega's vote is barely explained (surprise surprise), but I don't hate the slot either because of their entrance wrt Junk.

This leaves Snike, whose vote swap looks kind of bad I feel. I however can't get a read on this slot at all. Snike is just so incredibly towny overall but this vote is ??? and Shinori interactions don't look good either.

Someone else I'm not sure on Is Eclipse/Baldrick. I feel the cases on the slot make sense, but they did contribute to the Junk lynch and were one of the counterwagons, which makes me think they're town? I'm going to need to hear more from Baldrick before I can develop a proper read here.

Something else I wanted to point out wrt Shinori dancing around Kirsche at phase end. He explicitly said he was going to vote Kirsche if nothing happened, which he might have thought would discourage others from swapping. To me, it reads like he wanted Kirsche lynched without tying himself too strongly to it.

My reads as of now:

Town:

Via (duh, move along)
Fable (I was already leaning town, but their firmness on lynching junk and their good post from early today bump him up to here)
Kirsche (I know town/scum connectors make sense, but I'm not dumping my read over rolespec, esp since apparently these hosts have a history of screwing over rolespeccers)
Refa (Opportunism is a bit weird, but still feels really town overall)
Sully

Leaning town:

Makaze (Good contributions imo)
Kaoz (Because of their role)
Omega

Null:

Snoyke (Confused on them. Also, I like the name Snoyke, props to whoever thought of it.)

Alette (Post your reads please, I can't make anything off of this slot. Weirdness seems towny, but 'refusal' to cooperate bugs me)

LG (I think I like this slot, just not as much as the leaning town people)

Arc (Originally townread weapons for being weird, but if he does that as scum too then bleh)

Baldrick (I like Makaze's case, but end of day 2 causes doubts)

Leaning scum:

Mack (depends on what he's done with the QT)

Walrein (Not much to go off, need to see more of what they think after catching up, but Fable makes a good point)

Scum:

Jaybee (See above)

11 hours ago, Vi-astra said:

sorry about that.

so anyway I shouldn't be open about this but I will be anyway. I do have a night action and I got roleblocked.

Just to confirm, that was indeed me. I can go into why I picked you if anyone is curious.

Also, I received the Empower item.

1 hour ago, Walrein said:

i also don't think my character is particularly role-indicative so i'm considering claiming it for via

but i'd like to hear the opinion of others on the matter before i do so

If the role isn't incredibly obvious from the character, I don't see a reason not to provide Via with the stuff he needs as long as you think he's town.

But on to other matters. I find it a bit disturbing that we went from 9-2-1 wagons 6.5 hours before deadline (Kirsche switches over in the very next post) to a last second decision. I'd like to think that wasn't just all townies running around like headless chicken. The eclipse wagon starts taking off pretty quickly starting here, then the swing to Kirsche happens here. I think the latter is far less telling since it comes from likely town and then the remaining votes on Kirsche seemed to have gotten tacked on because people misread Kirsche's tone (I didn't think he was frustrated scum, I was close to tearing my hairs out while catching up even without getting turbo'd).

As for the other counter-wagon, though, I don't really get your position in the post linked above @Lord Gaius. On the one hand you say you've skimmed the cases for the day and on the other hand you seem to not know why Junko's getting lynched even though he's the leading wagon? And if you didn't know what the case against Junko was, what made you so confident to try to get something else started right off the bat instead of waiting a few minutes for an explanation? Also agree with what others have already pointed out that JB's vote timing was very convenient and I can see more of a case being made here than from his position on the D1 wagon. Contrary to Refa's observation, if Baldrick is town, I think it also makes some sense with the way Junko eased off on Kirsche since that makes it easier for him to switch later on depending on how the wagons develop - he could easily stay on Kirsche but also switch to eclipse, which would've been a significant advantage if all 3 wagons had been close at the end.

I'm curious what you think about that scenario @Makaze as well as how you evaluate eclipse's position on the Junko wagon yesterday (if memory serves you briefly said something about it yesterday, but not since the flip?). She had three options to tie the Junko wagon at that point (athena, Mack and Weapons) yet chose to put Junko one vote away from the lynch threshold instead. Taking into account that she explicitly didn't show up again for the rest of the phase, had she already given up on Junko at that point or what? And if that's the case, why not put some more conviction into it to at least gain some credit out of the bus?

##Vote: Lord Gaius

I'm going here for now, at least until I get a better understanding of his thought process yesterday. I wouldn't mind settling on JB as mentioned above and Arcanite is viable to me still for the same reasons Weapons was yesterday.

OK, we got a field trip today so i won't be here for a while.

Kirsche subbed out? Dang. I really wanted to talk to him about some things.

Hey you guys all realize that without Eclipse's mayor vote that just sat on Junk all of late D2 we would have lynched Kirsche yesterday instead of Junk, right?

9 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

OK, we got a field trip today so i won't be here for a while.

Kirsche subbed out? Dang. I really wanted to talk to him about some things.

Hey you guys all realize that without Eclipse's mayor vote that just sat on Junk all of late D2 we would have lynched Kirsche yesterday instead of Junk, right?

oooo talk to me instead! engage me, owo.

4 hours ago, Baldrick said:

That was me, and I can see what you're talking about. Incidentally, I don't know if eclipse char claimed, but it is eclipse.

So you agree with people's cases on him?

Personally, with the wagon momentum the way it is, I'd rather you look into other people. Especially if you have limited time due to RL.

Alette, Arcanite and Gaius are the other ones from your PoE list that I'm not townreading.

Alternatively, read Snike + Soy and tell me what you think of his voteswitch to Kirsche LD2.

I don't really remember the cases very fondly to be honest. I just agree that he needs to get lynched because getting off lynch wagon so much. 

I'm waiting for the flip to decide whether or not to say "Alette, please".

Also it probably means the second kill was from SK (who killed Shinori lmao), sue me.

2 minutes ago, Refa said:

I'm waiting for the flip to decide whether or not to say "Alette, please".

Also it probably means the second kill was from SK (who killed Shinori lmao), sue me.

That's a suitable response to half the things I do in life