We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

7 hours ago, Snike said:

Sorry, I got paranoid in D2 and it kinda ruined the rest of my game. You played well to weather my tunnel.

Not sure whether you interpreted it that way, sorry if you did, but I didn't mean to sound angry, I meant you giving me a hard time as a compliment!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Audio postgame is up! (feat the hosts, Rein, Omega, Shinori and Refa)

This covers our general thoughts on how the game went day by day with input from the players (including Rein who was definitely a hidden). We have a written postgame which is nearing completion that we may possibly finish tonight. Get hype.

that was fun

join me in the much needed SFMM5, destined to be the greatest game of all time, whenever paperblade talks to me and we can make the setup

Postgame Part 2 (Player Analysis + Setup Discussion- 28 pages of goodness): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ggeVSPw17rDoNgpnUvwVIbup_PEuFvyICQRzmJb5Xfc/edit?usp=sharing

-----

Scum Discord Link: https://discord.gg/shdASMY

Graveyard Discord Link: https://discord.gg/UqpS9PF

Actions/Setup/Flavor Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOQlzM9O-TUQBasfzrXmFdXLKnSFwNAFzHn1VXVQPQ8/edit#gid=1569091177

Mod QT (links to Neighbor QTs): https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/RWaJJtc3MxTn5

Edited by Iris

Part 3: Miscellaneous

Rolespec

Personally, as a host I (SB) try to make at least 80% of the claimed roles in my games alignment neutral in terms of "could be anything" and so attempting to rolespec someone like this generally won't work too well? I (Iris) agree with this philosophy and I think that Omega made a post about this when people started to spec there was no way there could be a Reflexible Disabler and Delayer in the same setup. There were a lot of strange assumptions about the Co-Networkers and some other roles while things like Bookie were still pushed as Mafia when they should have been pretty obvious town just based on the numbers. Also, you might not be able to guess what powers scum have (like strongwilled SK) so be careful with overly specific theories on night actions because there are a lot of things that can go wrong.

Subs

There were a ridiculous number of subs this game and we are both grateful for everyone that agreed to join in because we really needed you. Even if you weren't willing to read the entire thread (we don't blame you) almost every sub had a positive impact on the game which I'm very thankful for. This game was a mess, but you guys prevented it from becoming much worse than it could have been. Thanks again and for all off site players, our games normally like this!

Postcounts

This game was enormous. There's no real way of getting around that. Most people seem to agree with us for this, which is nice, but please try to think a little more before posting (aside from near phase end, being spammy near phase end is fine). Being concise makes the game easier to read and helps to get your points across more clearly. We're not saying that you have to play with like, 5 posts per 24 hours, but please don't clog the thread when you don't have to. For example, in past SF games, larges would typically be no more than 80 pages, and we almost tripled that, and I don’t think for the better.

Mod Errors

>BBM: Oops. Sorry BBM! I was adding people to PMs, and BBM got added to Bartozio’s, and yeaaah, I was just going to sub him in after Bartozio got lynched (which didn’t take long, but SB effed up more than I did, and we put Bartozio in Omega’s slot as he hadn’t read his role pm).

>OMEGA: Omega messaged me while we were still sending out role pms and SB got his rolename mixed up with the role he eventually subbed back into because they were incredibly similar. "My bad." - SB

>Walein's redirect: This didn't actually do anything thankfully, but we kinda forgot to tell Walrein that he got redirected on Night 3. This was probably because it didn't matter, but it didn't help with suspicion on the slot which may have played a small factor in it getting vigged right after Blitz got into the game, which was unfortunate.

I saw Via's relief at being flavour and was kinda jealous, too bad I didn't get to be the Caffen Caffie Barista :Nino: What was my tarot, if any?

because you wanted to secure the 4 way, but the 4 way was disadvantaged for you

Arguably breaking up THUNDERDOME before Kingmaker led to your downfall

I laughed at the town for their various tunnel visions, but in the end I had tunnel vision of my own regarding that, and how to play it. Really makes you think.

avoided any roles that could have caught you (the Lazy Watcher and Rolebomb mainly).

Well, I couldn't have avoided them if I didn't know they existed.

(Sully) claiming was a mistake (it allowed Baldrick the SK to evade detection)

(Fable) claiming on D4 was oof

I'm not complaining, but that was seriously bad play.

You were very quiet ... probably didn’t want to draw a nightkill anyway.

I think you should have killed Beru much earlier (n3 or 4 maybe)

Edit: misinterpreted what you said here.

That was a factor, but it's also just my new meta in general (I was also quiet as mello in Antiheroes until LYLO). I wasn't coasting though, whoever said that is lame.

I didn't kill Beru because I hoped the mafia would do it before they got caught (rip) and not using actions allowed me to stockpile points.

Edited by Baldrick

Congrats to the mafia for somehow making it through this and good job not throwing in the towel after losing half your team like that.

Thanks for playing, hopefully you join again at some point in the future (although I think you’re hoping for otherwise).

Maybe in 2021 or so. Step up your game till then guys.

@Baldrick IIRC you were The Chariot (who is now Omega). Maybe you should've joined the game at signups and you would've still been in! We prioritized former players who signed up in the flavor. :tangerineglasses: Next time.

Ooh, thanks for postgame!  But I still had the best flavor. :P:

Anyway, I need to get this off my chest, and this is to @Magnificence Incarnate:

If someone is "something"-scum (lurkscum, obvscum, newbscum, etc.), vote them!  And if you're not voting them, explain why the person you're voting is better than the person you called scum.  At the very least, you'd get me off of your case.