We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today kill can either kingmake town, or pass it on. To do the former would be gamethrowing.

Tomorrow makaze can either kingmake kill, or pass it on. To do the former would be gamethrowing.

If nobody gamethrows, I win if my role is strong, or someone else wins if it's not. The case where it's not is the only time town or mafia can win without the other faction gamethrowing.

I think all the arguments are on the table. It's just up to Kill what he decides is the best option.

I think you have every reason to lie, but you have a point, Kill's best chance to win is to assume you're bluffing and shoot you. But his chances of winning even then are practically zero, because he'd be going into Day with me as Kingmaker, and you'd still have a roleblock. So it'd be a draw. And I'd rather Kingmake than allow a draw, which is why this is moot.

That someone else is who I don't shoot in the 1v1v1. So if I don't have a full-time hook, I'm the only person who can't avoid having to kingmake. If I do, then the only way I can lose is by a faction gamethrowing.

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

That someone else is who I don't shoot in the 1v1v1. So if I don't have a full-time hook, I'm the only person who can't avoid having to kingmake. If I do, then the only way I can lose is by a faction gamethrowing.

I see it simpler than that. If your role is that powerful, then I can't win period, unless one of you game throws. So I have already lost. So I may as well kingmake.

1 minute ago, Makaze said:

I think all the arguments are on the table. It's just up to Kill what he decides is the best option.

Thank god you said this, I would have gone the entire 72 hours arguing the point because I didn't want to back down.

1 minute ago, Makaze said:

I think you have every reason to lie, but you have a point, Kill's best chance to win is to assume you're bluffing and shoot you. But his chances of winning even then are practically zero, because he'd be going into Day with me as Kingmaker, and you'd still have a roleblock. So it'd be a draw. And I'd rather Kingmake than allow a draw, which is why this is moot.

that's bullshit

but i believe it

2 minutes ago, Makaze said:

If your role is that powerful, then I can't win period, unless one of you game throws. So I have already lost. So I may as well kingmake.

Yeah.

Unless kill votes me, the only way you can win is if my role isn't that powerful.

If I NL at 1v1v1 and assume you have BPV or RB available at that time:

I am knowingly letting you win.

If I lynch Kill in 1v1v1, I am letting you win.

If I NL at 1v1v1 and assume your BPV is spent and you have no RB available, then I have some chance to win, but have no control over it, because it's literally random WIFOM of who will shoot who.

I can appreciate the argument that "game throwing is always bad and random WIFOM shooting choices are better", but on the other hand, WIFOM shooting when I have no shooting powers sucks. So I'd rather kingmake than hope one of you makes a mistake, because that victory won't be at my hand at that point. And therefore less satisfying.

11 minutes ago, Makaze said:

If I NL at 1v1v1 and assume you have BPV or RB available at that time:

I am knowingly letting you win.

If I lynch Kill in 1v1v1, I am letting you win.

If I NL at 1v1v1 and assume your BPV is spent and you have no RB available, then I have some chance to win, but have no control over it, because it's literally random WIFOM of who will shoot who.

I can appreciate the argument that "game throwing is always bad and random WIFOM shooting choices are better", but on the other hand, WIFOM shooting when I have no shooting powers sucks. So I'd rather kingmake than hope one of you makes a mistake, because that victory won't be at my hand at that point. And therefore less satisfying.

Or do I?

3 minutes ago, EvanManManMan said:

Baldrick is saying that for him to lose somebody has to gamethrow.

But kingmaking requires a faction to lose

Lol

Mafia can make town win, and so I lose

Town can make mafia win, and so I lose

Unless you were commenting on the irony of it, then fair enough.

It's possible for somebody to gamethrow. I'm not saying they would.

2 minutes ago, EvanManManMan said:

Baldrick is being dumb on purpose. 

The only gamethrower in this game is Fable, regardless of who wins.

1 hour ago, Makaze said:

because that victory won't be at my hand at that point. And therefore less satisfying.

Right now, you're hoping that Kill will lynch me in order for you to win.

I suppose you could take satisfaction from manipulating Kill into throwing.

9 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Right now, you're hoping that Kill will lynch me in order for you to win.

I suppose you could take satisfaction from manipulating Kill into throwing.

I think Kill has already lost according to your claims. It's just about whether he'd rather lose to you or to town.

18 minutes ago, Makaze said:

I think Kill has already lost according to your claims. It's just about whether he'd rather lose to you or to town.

As long as you're alive and willing to lose to spite me, Kill can win no matter how strong my role is.

PEdit: Well then

"Well, if town can't even lynch the mafia, maybe they don't deserve the win! " Baldrick reasoned, although it's not like anyone was listening anyway.

"I have solved the game for the eighth time!" proclaimed Makaze, shoving Baldrick into the noose with zero regret.

Baldrick has been lynched! He was...

On 17/04/2018 at 11:31 AM, SB. said:

Dear Baldrick eclipse,

You are eclipse, Justice (XI). It's not always about winning, it's about sending a message. That seems to be your philosophy with mafia anyway, having spent far too long moderating the cold, barren lands of Serious Discussion. You have no qualms with throwing away your life in order to achieve your goals, so nightkilling a bunch of townies really shouldn't mean very much to you now.

You are the law of this land, and because of the strength of your conviction, your vote passively counts for two. This is displayed in all public vote counts and will be deactivated in *YLO. You know that the role UPRIGHT MAYOR is safe to claim.

At night, you may respond to your role pm with: "Night X - Killing <USER> the <ALIGNMENT>" where <ALIGNMENT> is either UPRIGHT or REVERSED. If you have correctly identified <USER>'s alignment, you will make an attempt on their life.

You may also respond to your role pm with: "Night X: Prioritizing player list" and submit lists 1, 2 and 3, with a third of the player list under each list. If any of the players on the list die within the next cycle, you will gain points equal to where you placed them on the list. Anyone you kill with your own role will only count for one point though.

You begin the game with one point. You may spend points each night to perform the following actions/enhancements to your role. You may only perform one kill per night, but you may perform as many of the other (unique) actions as you like

-1 point: activate 1-shot bpv (can be reduced to 0-shot if hit)
-1 point: alignment check
-2 point: kill is strongwilled and does not require alignment
-2 point: full role pm inspect
-3 point: kill is ninja and does not require alignment, also godfather for the night
-3 point: jailkeeper
-4 point: kill is strongman, does not require alignment and hooks target
-4 point: activate and repair broken bpv

You spend points in order to go into the negative if you wish. However, if you start two day phases in a row in the negative, you will die horribly. I know that you enjoy playing with your life, but please try not to do that!

If you would like any clarifications, feel free to ask. We just don't want to turn this role pm into a goddamn Eurywall, but I fully expect to play a game of 20 questions with you after you read this.

In short, you are the Mayor + Gambler.

You are SELF-ALIGNED. You win when everyone else is dead.

"Well that was easy. I wish the rest of my faction wasn't holding me back." Evan smirked, before spraying Kill with his super soaker.

Unfortunately, Killthestory is not a fire type Pokemon and Evan's attempts were in vain.

Town has been endgamed! Makaze and EvanManManMan were...

On 09/04/2018 at 6:43 PM, Iris said:

Dear Makaze zeus_112,

You are Omega, The Chariot (VII). Out of the legendary HBC, featuring users like the calm and composed Zyth and the cinnamon roll Gorf, only you remain playing on SF. You're a good player who tends to march to the beat of his own drum, and thankfully it has a pretty good rhythm because it can be kinda difficult to understand you at times. You don't seem to mind it though. Swag and all that.

You're pretty used to doing your own thing at this point, so naturally you won't let silly little things like the scum nightkill get in your way. If you are ever killed at night, you may continue to post in the game thread for the following day and night cycle. If the UPRIGHT faction is not currently in a state of *YLO, you may also vote as normal.

In other words, you are the Treestump.

You are a member of the UPRIGHT. You win when all threats to the UPRIGHT are eliminated.

On 09/04/2018 at 6:51 PM, Iris said:

Dear EvanManManMan Lord Gaius Eärendil,

You are Paperblade, The World (XXI).You have ascended to a higher plane beyond NOC Mafia (not really, but whatever, you retired) in order to do what you truly love: play Pokemon Reborn endlessly. Of course, you're still the best townie in the world even if your scumplay is a minor tragedy, so you've come back one last time to show these losers how to really NOC out some mafias.  

At night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X: It's so obvious that <USER> is dying". Because you have 200 IQ, you will attempt to predict if your target dies at night. If you are successful, your ego will swell and you will be able to use your other ability.

Alternatively, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X: Fuck it I'll deal with <USER> myself". Having grown tired of amateur hour, you will make an attempt on <USER>'s life. This ability is only usable once for each successful nightkill prediction you make. You may not use this night action alongside your prediction.

In other words, you are the Bookie.

You are a member of the UPRIGHT. You win when all threats to the UPRIGHT are eliminated.

A very confused Killthestory shrugged and accepted the win, only slightly proud to be the winner of SFMM4 the redux Mafia.

On 09/04/2018 at 7:01 PM, Iris said:

Dear kirsche,

You are Lord Gaius, The Sun (XIX). You have mostly fled NOC for the hills nowadays (read: EiMM) which may have been a poor decision but I can't say I blame you sometimes. You don't tend to take things that seriously most of the time which is probably a good thing and you have pretty good Danganronpa taste so I can respect that.

At night, you may respond to your role pm with: "Night X - Connecting <USER>". You will set <USER> up in contact with another player in the game, which is determined by another player's identical ability. Your targets will be able to speak in a one on one quicktopic for as long as they are alive. If you target the same person, I will laugh, but nothing will happen.

Additionally, you know that you will gain a new power upon the death of your other half.

Welp, your team is all dead. Time to deny everything! At night, you may respond to your role pm with "Night X - Hey <USER>, help me out here". You will somehow convince your target that you aren't a threat and they will feel comfortable enough to divulge their full role pm to you.

Lastly, because of your resourcefulness, you're generally aware of when people are trying to murder you. You'll get one of your EiMM contacts to doc the shit out of you and protect you from the first attempt made on your life outside of the lynch.

In other words, you are the Co-Networker + BPV.

You are a member of the REVERSED. You win when all threats to the REVERSED are eliminated.

As it turns out, not claiming your faction in announcement when you figure that you've already won is not Ultimate Survivor behaviour. But at least you learned!

Congratulations to Junko, Shinori, Jaybee, athena_57 and Killthestory for winning!