We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

5 hours ago, Bartozio said:

@Baldrick I was rooting for you

1 hour ago, Mackc2 said:

Aww I was rooting for Baldrick,

I'm flattered, mates, but I'm afraid I'm not interested

Eclipse should get all the credit. She played well enough to draw the jailer/doc N1 (and unless mafia also targetted eury, the kill), gave me detailed reads so I wasn't overwhelmed early on, and provided moral support that kept me sane later on. She'd have definitely won if she'd been able to continue.

Edit: which isn't to take any credit away from kill, he subbed into a worse position (I think JB had just been shot) and managed to hoodwink town AND outmaneuvre his antitown rival.

Edited by Baldrick

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game y'all.

I apologize to everyone for my ATE. When I knew that mafia/ITP had a free mislynch with no accountability guaranteed in a game I figured village had to play tight in, I raged because I knew it was damaging AF to the village wincon.

Shoutouts to Refa, Kill, Baldrick for best performances on each team.

I keep seeing/hearing people talking shit, blaming me, Fable, Evan, etc. for gamethrowing. Regardless of what you think of them, this village, including myself, made a boatload of garbageass plays that contributed to probably the worst gamestate I've ever had the misfortune of being in. It's whack to put all the blame on others when most of the villagers made plays that they probably should not have which later contributed to the loss. It's a team game.

Makaze, I have no problem with you. I went hard because I thought you may have been powerwolfing and I knew from my role that keeping me as a mislynch is always the play for wolves/ITP. No hard feelings on my end, I think I get you more as a player now and you obviously have a love for the game most players don't. At least this thunderdome will go down in history.

This setup was ass. I just want to say that. And wolfsided as well. We lynched, shot, 4 wolves by like what, D4 or 5? That's above average I'd guess off the top of my head, certainly not bad at all, yet we had very little wiggle room.

For people like Beru, Alette, Evan, Satsuma, etc. Just know that games here are usually nowhere near this horrendous. Most games here are fun. For those who didn't like me and would rather avoid playing with me due to this game, I'm usually way more chill and will be staying far the hell away from role madness for a long, long, long time. The last game was also role madness and got screwed up cuz of it; I'm done with it, y'all can knock yourselves out. Just don't judge SF off of this torture chamber of a game.

Mostly saying this because I don't want people who are new, were mostly fine, and could contribute to the site in a positive way being alienated because of salt.

This post sounds way more serious than I intended to, so I'm going to end it by telling Kill to just wait 'til I roll wolf against you, boyo. Stay woke.

1 hour ago, Omega. said:

This setup was ass. I just want to say that. And wolfsided as well. We lynched, shot, 4 wolves by like what, D4 or 5? That's above average I'd guess off the top of my head, certainly not bad at all, yet we had very little wiggle room.

FYI I strongly disagree that it was scumsided with this and SB and I will be talking about the setup post game. IMO SK was definitely over powered (but his powers didn't affect the game state too much in this scenario, luckily), but scum team had appropriate powers and town had enough powers to counter them as well as a huge numbers advantage (if you want scumsided, there are plenty of other setups I can link you that were run on this site). I think that you're just used to simpler role mad setups on MU (from what I can tell, they're very different and a lot more limited in scope). Town had plenty of wiggle room but there were a lot of misplays on both sides with regards to actions; town mislynched 3 times + misvigged once. 

That's fine Iris.

Regarding role madness, I have played some pretty wild setups before. That said, I do remember not being crazy about them before, but YOLO /inned this game and others cuz I forgot about it and just started playing again. It's whatever, not my thing, I'll just avoid.

As for misplays, yeah that is the ultimate factor, I remember telling you/SB the game was lost after Snike was lynched in my role PM chat.

4 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Edit: which isn't to take any credit away from kill, he subbed into a worse position (I think JB had just been shot) and managed to hoodwink town AND outmaneuvre his antitown rival.

I was shot because scum thought I was the SK...

11 hours ago, Bartozio said:

You participating in this game is hereby burned into memory.

This the part where I say both games we played together you got mislynched D1?

Spoiler

this means I'm a better mafia player than you

Spoiler

I'm just feeding my ego to make myself feel better

10 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Why was I shot by both SK's for being both town and scum?

SK knew the most likely reason their shot failed on you was because you were scum, presumably.  Probably were townreading you previously, honestly.

From what I was told I was shot by eclipse first for being scum and then shot by Baldrick for being town.

Iris -  kileld by both eclipse and baldrick independently lol eclipse killed u for being scum baldrick killed u for being town

25 minutes ago, Shinori said:

From what I was told I was shot by eclipse first for being scum and then shot by Baldrick for being town.

Iris -  kileld by both eclipse and baldrick independently lol eclipse killed u for being scum baldrick killed u for being town

Oh, that's hilarious.

1 hour ago, Refa said:

Have more confidence in your cases.  Your Kirsche case was very good.

Seconded. When Sully cased him, and me, Refa, etc. sheeped him and we were trying to kill kirsche near deadline but everyone was playing tug of war between him, Junko, and eclipse to a lesser extent, that shit was hype AF. Probably the most fun I had in this game.

Funny enough, besides Junko, kirsche (later Kill) and eclipse were the other 2 big wagons D2. I'm probably going to put less stock into associations in general, led to kirsche/athena living longer because both were wagoned D2 and D1 respectively. A wolf flipped and a lot of the interactions they had with their bros were misread.

3 hours ago, Shinori said:

Why was I shot by both SK's for being both town and scum?

I needed to prove that there was a scum push on me.  You were the most obvious target.

I'll let Baldrick answer for himself.

23 hours ago, RADicate said:

Wish I couldve played! Bad timing for even worse happenings! I do hope to play with the lot of you at a future date!

I wish you could've, as well.  Hope everything's okay!

On 4/27/2018 at 3:39 PM, Baldrick said:

nice throw evan

if you can't handle it, fuck off and never play here again :Nino: 

CHILL.

You did pretty darn well, given where I left you.  Head up!

---

I'm really sorry about how the timing of everything went down.  Looks like I'll have to stick to small games, since I can't predict when all hell will break loose.  Thanks for the awesome flavor, @Iris and @SB.!

. . .I had the best RP guys.  Tee-hee~!

6 hours ago, Refa said:

I was shot because scum thought I was the SK...

LOL

Also, I said this in my PM, but SK has the toughest wincon to fulfill (unlike Athena/Fable, if I conceded, I could not win the game) and I think is impossible to balance so that nobody can complain about it in postgame. Alette could immediately kill me, so would targetting Fable, so it's not like I was invincible.

In terms of balance: no SK > overpowered SK > underpowered SK

Edited by Baldrick

I think it's wrong to say that SK is an impossible to balance role. We've had plenty of SKs that were fair in the context of the setup and nobody complained about them. This was too strong for the setup, but it's not like a role as powerful as this couldn't exist in a vaccum- there were at least a few roles that were outright "stronger", but fine for their surroundings. In this game there were not very good tools available for dealing with your role so it was way, way better than most third parties have been in context. And even if it's a harder role to win as, plenty of people like getting SK for the challenge and freedom it allows. 

3 hours ago, Shinori said:

Eclipse.

I will get revenge on you.

First step: Don't make yourself so obvscum at phase end. :P:

43 minutes ago, Eurykins said:

:(

It does suck, but by the time I flipped, I was actually starting to feel better.... ;[

Didn't know that. . .but then again, would you WANT to play, given how things panned out?

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Didn't know that. . .but then again, would you WANT to play, given how things panned out?

:huh:

That IS a very good question lol. But it hurt me inside to know that the person killed N1 ended up reading the thread better/more thoroughly than the living members of the game lol...

That Athena checkin' out Makaze like a pro with Beru peepin' in.

EDIT: Also I feel like you killed me N1 because I also was at the end of your role PM, or at least mentioned. D;

Edited by Eurykins

Apparently a lot of people think I copped Makaze because we missed his watcher request amongst all the spam he was putting out. What actually happened was that we were bussing so hard we needed someone to push our scummy agenda for us and make bad cases, Makaze was the perfect guy for the job. I suicided to give him infinite towncred, so he could keep on casing townies!

Also, @Snike I'll have you know I actually wrote that 'too good to be true' post myself without input from my buddies! You have no idea how frustrating it was for me to be cased over that lmfao. Good job on casing me though, you gave me a hard time.

Game was a ton of fun, flavour was great, looking forward to playing again some time (hopefully rolling town at some point, I think that would be better for my mental health)

Sorry, I got paranoid in D2 and it kinda ruined the rest of my game. You played well to weather my tunnel.