We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

Busy day today, trying to catch up, but it's also getting late and I should head to bed, since I have to drive tomorrow morning...

1 hour ago, Bibbon said:

This is why I disagree with the scum read on Athena, especially the Snike (?) slot is looking the worse for it. I'm not calling them scum as of yet, but you should know that poor logic is more likely to come from town than it is from scum. Anybody who has played a few games should know this.  It's so easy for scum to pull apart the reads and the logic and push for mislynches. 

If I'm reading this correctly, you mean you think Athena isn't scum, and Snike's case on him is faulty, right? I'd like to see what you specifically mean with this, as in break down what you think is wrong, because Snike's case on Athena isn't based on any bad logic Athena has put out, but patterns in his play.

On that topic (and assuming I didn't misunderstand), I disagree with your idea; both Town and scum are susceptible to faulty logic, because while scum has more information, they cannot apply that information in the Day. They still need to provide valid evidence and reasoning to make a Town player look scummy, and their reasoning being incomplete or faulty can definitely land them in trouble. If something simply doesn't make sense, a player isn't going to get their way.

For the record, I'm scumleaning Athena, and my other head outright scumreads him, pretty sure.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

How do I find all the messages from specific players?

I think you actually can't... You have to click on peoples' profiles and look at their posts. And ignore the ones that aren't in this thread. It's pretty rough.

ok let's start with some piles

--confident town--

eclipse

Refa

Snike

Via

--less confident town--

BBM

Bibbon

Fable

Shinori

SullyMcGully

--null--

everyone not listed

--wolfy--

Marth

Mackc2

zeus_12

my first and biggest problem with this list is that my nullpile is too big. i'll probably need to reread d1 to get anything resembling a read on the people in that pile (cause people like kirsche junko jb etc haven't made more than like 2 posts d2)

my thoughts on the co-neighborizer thing is that while there's no guarantee that both are town, i think it's incredibly unlikely that neither is town; hence, i'm pretty damn sure Refa's town (and i probably would be even if he hadn't have claimed)

oh yeah and my wolfpile sucks

marth's roleclaim itself isn't alignment indicative but the manner in which it was made gives me pause. everything about his play is wolfy but this is a pretty big asterisk

mack is based off of nightmare's d1 vote. the issue with this is that while the vote was poorly handled regardless, it's not really worth anything unless athena flips scum as well

zeus i would prefer be vigged if we have one. no sense wasting a lynch here if we can help it.

to use ISOs, you can also use the script in this post

i would actually recommend not just ISOing people if you're subbing in though. you'll miss a lot of context and stuff and subbing in lets you look at the game with fresh eyes that people in the game miss

@walrein- what, I'm pretty sure refa did not claim co-neighbourizer. athena did.

1 minute ago, BBM said:

to use ISOs, you can also use the script in this post

i would actually recommend not just ISOing people if you're subbing in though. you'll miss a lot of context and stuff and subbing in lets you look at the game with fresh eyes that people in the game miss

@walrein- what, I'm pretty sure refa did not claim co-neighbourizer. athena did.

yes and refa is definitely the other one based on what nightmare claimed happened last night

i thought this was common knowledge

10 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I'm being subbed out, but I'll let you all know that I'm actually Marth @Vi-astra the Town Martyr. Last night I targetted Refa and got a walkie talkie.

10 hours ago, Nightmare said:

@Snike Whoever has the role will understand, but basically I have a two-way, private conversation open with one other player here, who shall go unnamed.

1 minute ago, BBM said:

no that just means someone tried targeting refa with the co-networker and got nightmare/mack instead

am i misunderstanding the meaning of the term "martyr" on this site

where i come from it's "target x person, all of x's actions are redirected to you"

on SF, martyr means that actions aimed at the martyr's target get redirected to the martyr.

I think you're using the BAD and WRONG martyr definition from smogon, where the martyr's target's actions get redirected to the martyr

Just now, BBM said:

on SF, martyr means that actions aimed at the martyr's target get redirected to the martyr.

I think you're using the BAD and WRONG martyr definition from smogon, where the martyr's target's actions get redirected to the martyr

ok so nate's actually a decoy good to know

this changes things tho fuck

gotta rethink

mafia decoy would be a pretty bad role to begin with

p much good for absorbing info roles/MAYBE a vig shot if it has built in protection

and either way i feel like there are better targets for that than refa

think that slot's probably just town

fml

also i think refa's still in my confident town pile tbh

Just now, Walrein said:

and either way i feel like there are better targets for that than refa

like, if i'm scum last night and refa's my buddy i'm p much 0% worried that he's getting targeted

maybe nate was trying to steal a town role from him? but, like... what role?

believing this role is scum requires me to jump through too many hoops so i'm just gonna roll w/ occam's razor

on SF, decoy (or reverse martyr) is used to refer to what smogon refers to as martyr. please use our GOOD and CORRECT rolenames walrein

mack, co-networkers are two players who each pick a target. those two targets then get a quicktopic with each other. athena claimed to be one of the co-networkers near the end of D1. not sure if he was the one who targeted refa or the other co-networker did.

Just now, BBM said:

on SF, decoy (or reverse martyr) is used to refer to what smogon refers to as martyr. please use our GOOD and CORRECT rolenames walrein

nope you're gonna have to deal with me sorry

anyways i'm going to work

and yes i do realize it's an absolutely stupid time to have to go to work

there's a reason i've been sleeping a ridiculous amount during the day lately

Okay that makes sense, I wonder about that claim, I see networker as a town roll because as scum I don't see much reason why you would want to give PM's to town, but at the same time Athena's plays haven't looked all that town but I haven't actually even finished scanning.

well you could also set up a connection between a scum and a town so the scum could get the townie's trust. and if one of the co-networkers is scum it's probably not the only part to their role, just the part that provides an easy and provable claim. so it's pretty null.