We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

i guess bbm's wishywashyness is a bit pingy but. eh.
needed to throw that down for the record, since i'd only really divulged some role details and haven't commented much on the game aside from my one shot at walrein (i do really think giving town an ultimatum the way they did was scummy; i did that before as third party once lmao but i don't think i have as scum, though i have seen it done as scum), but that's all i really had on them that bugged me.

i'll hang back like usual until the day phase picks up. i might be pulling an allnighter 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not dropping Junko's suspicion that got my attention.  It's the Rein vote.  Why attempt to move out of RVS, then re-enter it with a vote out of nowhere?

2 minutes ago, Walrein said:

i also think it's kind of dangerous to be making meta reads off 3 posts? but i'm also completely unfamiliar with said meta so maybe it's just that distinctive

i mean it's not that my opinion can't change; it may be what i'm reading right now but the game's only just started. i only have that to go off of until More Stuff Happens

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

It's not dropping Junko's suspicion that got my attention.  It's the Rein vote.  Why attempt to move out of RVS, then re-enter it with a vote out of nowhere?

yeah this is a good point

what ultimatum? my athena thing?

cause i've pulled that sort of move before as a sort of last-ditch "get town off their asses and posting game-related content" type thing and it works pretty much every time

of course, half the time it just gets people voting me, but that's still a valid discussion starter so we take those

(i also DO have a legitimate reason for voting athena other than that)

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

like i said, i assume he just put it there for lack of a valid target after he changed his mind on junko

i personally probably wouldn't re-RVS after an early unvote but that's because i'm lazy; speaking purely strategically it's probably optimal to always have your vote on someone

2 minutes ago, Vi-astra said:

i mean it's not that my opinion can't change; it may be what i'm reading right now but the game's only just started. i only have that to go off of until More Stuff Happens

fair enough

any chance you'd be willing to take a crack at describing eclipse's general meta for me? or at least what sorts of things you're townreading her for

i meant the "would you rather i make shallow content or no content at all!!" comment which read to me as antitown

Just now, Vi-astra said:

i meant the "would you rather i make shallow content or no content at all!!" comment which read to me as antitown

oh

yeah that was really just a fuck-you to elie for (in my mind) disparaging my contributions. i was never gonna actually disappear and in retrospect it was probably an uncalled-for lashing-out

I've mostly been lurking and reading the thread thus far. The environment here is rather meta-heavy, and since I'm unfamiliar with the meta in here I'm mostly observing. I suppose I should mention that I dislike meta arguments as well, but if the style of play here heavily favors use of it, then I'll have to start learning.

So, I noticed I seemed to have lost my vote in the 1.2 vote count... Eclipse stole my vote?

hey no don't worry. I rely on meta because I fuckin suck lol, you don't have to play with meta in mind at all. just give us your honest thoughts on who's playing. do what works for you. don't feel pressured to play a certain way. 

I'll answer walrein's question tomorrow I can't really think and I'm mega exhausted 

walrein mostly covered my thoughts. I thought that junko's response to my vote was okay and I thought voting Rein might induce him to post because I didn't have anything else and weapons said he saw him lurking. I should have realized however, that nothing can induce Rein to post.

I did consider a Refa vote for not commenting on the hydra but I haven't rolled scum in two years so if he's me he's probably just an Innocent Townie being lazy!!!

@BBM i was, in fact, primarily referring to elie; his "you fail to consider a lot, sir!" followed by... not actually mentioning what i (in his eyes) failed to consider was pretty frustrating

i'm pretty tired but i don't remember asking you anything elie-related. is this supposed to be addressed to junko?

eclipse I don't understand your logic. if athena is doing something bad and he did it in the last game as well, as scum, doesn't that make him suspicious?

via why aren't you voting walrein (or me)? 

4 minutes ago, BBM said:

i addressed this already

i feel better about walrein after the initial gutread
and i'm not convinced enough right now to vote you

idk what happened to hat last post

i swear i read the past two pages two times looking for it and i can't ifnd it help

all  can find is you saying you weren't that cnfindet in ti but since yure voting rvs i dont unerstnd ihy u woudlnt just vote naywa

25 minutes ago, BBM said:

I did consider a Refa vote for not commenting on the hydra but I haven't rolled scum in two years so if he's me he's probably just an Innocent Townie being lazy!!!

Definitely!!!  Honestly, I don't think the hydra thing is relevant other than the fact that it's not town/scum.  SB said they were functionally a single playerslot, which means this is for all intents and purposes a 21p game.  It can be town/scum like anyone else.  Also preemptive strike but that's how I feel about mayor too.

Kind of frustrated because I've reread the past few pages multiple times and the only thing I have to show for it is some townreads.  Whatever, sheeping Walrein (I don't actually get your read, but this is the best use for my vote at the moment).

##Unvote

##Vote: Athena

45 minutes ago, BBM said:

if athena is doing something bad and he did it in the last game as well, as scum, doesn't that make him suspicious?

Is it really bad though? I'm not the only one with a vote on an inactive. I want to have my vote somewhere and non of the actives ping me so far.

Last game someone was bothered about this too, but I just don't get what's so scummy about it tbh. Avoiding a confrontation? On what, gutreads/a random vote?

If Walrein has his reasons for voting me that's fair, I'd like them to be on the table though.
Refa's vote is just to lay on pressure, so no point in responding imo.

3 hours ago, Walrein said:

oh and @Fable should post more cause I've been looking forward to playing with you again and cause this thread's too slow dammit, we need that MU FIRE

1. You post like 30 times a phase on MU so chill.

2. I don't know anybody here so I'm gonna be a lot slower with reads than I usually am that being said I'll catch up now and see if anything stands out. 

2 hours ago, BBM said:

walrein mostly covered my thoughts. I thought that junko's response to my vote was okay and I thought voting Rein might induce him to post because I didn't have anything else and weapons said he saw him lurking. I should have realized however, that nothing can induce Rein to post.

i'm pretty tired but i don't remember asking you anything elie-related. is this supposed to be addressed to junko?

eclipse I don't understand your logic. if athena is doing something bad and he did it in the last game as well, as scum, doesn't that make him suspicious?

I don't think athena is that stupid

btw athena, I'm not inactive so you can unvote me now :)