We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Refa and Snike were arguing over tunneling Athena, not Kirsche. We haven't been defending Junk by tunneling the person attacking him at all.

Oops my bad, I suppose Junk was just making filler content then cause it was the same post he was lamenting about being seen as tunnelling 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Vi-astra said:

itp is third party

makaze no offense but you're still wasting posts telling people to look it up when ppl answer a question when you could just use thst same post to tell people even if it's annoying you that they're being lazy by not looking it up it just feels more efficient to me 

tbf he meant literally scroll up since he explained it like two or three posts ago.

I'm agreeing with sentiments that Mack not wanting to use the Quicktopic is off, since he makes it sound like there are things he'd rather hide, but since Refa said Mack is rather new to Mafia I'm having doubts if it's actually scummy.

Just now, Vi-astra said:

itp is third party

makaze no offense but you're still wasting posts telling people to look it up when ppl answer a question when you could just use thst same post to tell people even if it's annoying you that they're being lazy by not looking it up it just feels more efficient to me 

I mean I didn't actually remember myself lol

when ppl ask a question*

I'm going to try re-evaluating my townreads like refa suggested. I think after everything I'm only really townreading only snike and sully.

At least with the Check the OP thing

as far as like the ITP bit its literally the same page... you can ctrl+f at that point. id already explained it in one of my posts in last half hour

1 minute ago, Makaze said:

I mean I didn't actually remember myself lol

sorry then, I think I misinterpreted it as being condescending and it was miffing me a little, that's entirely my bad.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Should we lynch athena so Snike stops tunneling him?  Or how 'bout we lynch your slot so I can move on to the rest of the players?

No, because athena isn't Junko. As for Shinori, him and I have already started a dialog.

eclipse, I'm here and I'm active. You can interact with me however you please to get a better bead on me. Are you telling me you're going to keep tunneling me?

Just now, Omega. said:

No, because athena isn't Junko. As for Shinori, him and I have already started a dialog.

eclipse, I'm here and I'm active. You can interact with me however you please to get a better bead on me. Are you telling me you're going to keep tunneling me?

Looking for kirsche/Junko's ISOs.  Biggest things from both of them were kirsche being way more aggressive than usual and Junko somehow maintaining the exact same tone through his entire wallpost.  Was actually impressed by the latter.

Just now, Makaze said:

eclipse idk wtf you're doing tbh

Lots and lots of catching up.  I'm not going to finish.  But I'll do what I can.  It's not going to make sense unless you're me, but at this point, my jumbled thoughts are better than no thoughts at all.

@Omega. you're advocating heavily for one of them to be lynched.  This will indirectly help my read on you.

I think usually when you're in a game where everyone seems town, there will be more scum among the active posters, so I'm inclined to look at Refa/Shinori/eclipse/athena; I'm inclined to trust my townreads of newer players over experienced ones. The problem is that the aforementioned players make too many posts and I just don't really want to read them and can barely remember anything they've done. I don't remember anything Shinori has done that's been particularly town so I'm inclined to vote there first.

##Unvote

##Vote: Shinori

Also, the cases on JB/Nightmare smell easy and gut says scum is pushing them. Junko maybe to a lesser extent, as I feel like the cases on him were exaggerated, but I can't say I fully understood his posts myself so I could consolidate there. I forgot Alette was also a double sub and LG's entry post was good while I'm a bit suspicious Alette's oh Bart died post was real so I'd vote Alette more out of the two. I can't tell if I'm an easy case, but I don't think BBM is scum; scum will be more likely to be the ones saying they could consolidate on me so there's an opportunity to transition into the mislynch rather than hard committing to it. I keep getting pinged by Fable cause it just seems like he's been bristly for the sake of it; also he should deliver on that reads post that was promised.

I think Sully's town cause of the claim. I think Via's town cause of the stuff. I think BBM's town cause he seems to be about where I am in terms of confusion. I think Nightmare was town based cause what he was doing at phase end sticks out, and I think scum would push him as a mislynch. I can't remember what mack has done though. I think JB is in a similar boat. I forget what Kaoz has done but Bibbon was pretty pointed in scumhunting. Maybe I should've thrown Snike/Satsuma in the first group, but since they both read as town, I feel better about the slot as a whole. After recent discussions, I'm leaning towards kirsche being tunnely town. I don't remember what Marth has done and Omega's coming in with neutral observer reads, so not interested in the slot, although I think he was one of the players who said they'd consolidate on me so I could explore a case there. I think Walrein getting back into the game will be telling so will wait there. I was townreading zeus for not being helpful, and Makaze seems okay too. hopefully i got everyone

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Lots and lots of catching up.  I'm not going to finish.  But I'll do what I can.  It's not going to make sense unless you're me, but at this point, my jumbled thoughts are better than no thoughts at all.

@Omega. you're advocating heavily for one of them to be lynched.  This will indirectly help my read on you.

I usually die in these games one way or another.

I feel like we're dealing with high level scum here.

I don't know if you do reads lists but I am interested in your general worldview of the cast.

it feels like everyone is ignoring my reasons for why mack is a bad lynch today??? seriously i don't think a single person has even responded to it

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Deal with it.  I have other commitments in life besides mafia.

I'll address what I think is worth addressing from you, but your attitude of "I want to lynch eclipse after subbing in" stinks.

i heavily dislike this. makaze wasn't saying you were inactive or weren't posting enough, he was saying that your content in your posts was easy and not impressive. and what exactly about his attitude stinks? is he just not allowed to find you suspicious? feels like you're basically using the way he worded his case against you as a reason to not even respond to his case.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

There's a certain dissonance when trying to be something you're not - in this case, mafia to town.  That dissonance is more likely to come out as a very different tone, because it's a lie on a fundamental level.  That's why I pick on people whose tone shifts like crazy.

In other words, most people are shitty liars.

i guess this is an acceptable reasoning for why sudden toneshifts are suspicious but it still seems like you were way overexaggerating how different the tone shift was when you consider that people are naturally going to have a more aggressive tone when attacking than when answering random questions.

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Real life happens. Would I be scum if I wound up in the hospital because my food allergies went to hell?  Likewise, Marth had his own situation to take care of, so I have my reasons for scumreading him, but his trip isn't one of them.

you didn't say he was scummy for having to go away, but you DID say he was hypocritical for calling out walrein for flaking while he was flaking. (and the implication in context was that the hypocrisy was scummy)

did you read the case I made against you eclipse?

6 hours ago, BBM said:

lynching a macho martyr claim this early is bad play. if they're town they'll probably get themselves killed soon. so if they don't die we'll know in a few day phases that they're scum. not down to lynch the nightmare/mack slot.

Now that I have read this you made a good argument WRT the claim. I think this is extremely, extremely unlikely as a false claim from someone who doesn't even know what anything is. (Unless he's being coached on false claims.)

In either case, you're right, lynching him here is not really sensical. It is also easily testable? I'm not sure what Martyr is, got differing results from google.

Also realized I never posted it but right after he asked what ITP was I thought that his lack of knowledge made any kind of nuanced strategy unlikely.

##Vote @eclipse

8 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

I think usually when you're in a game where everyone seems town, there will be more scum among the active posters, so I'm inclined to look at Refa/Shinori/eclipse/athena; I'm inclined to trust my townreads of newer players over experienced ones. The problem is that the aforementioned players make too many posts and I just don't really want to read them and can barely remember anything they've done. I don't remember anything Shinori has done that's been particularly town so I'm inclined to vote there first.

##Unvote

##Vote: Shinori

Also, the cases on JB/Nightmare smell easy and gut says scum is pushing them. Junko maybe to a lesser extent, as I feel like the cases on him were exaggerated, but I can't say I fully understood his posts myself so I could consolidate there. I forgot Alette was also a double sub and LG's entry post was good while I'm a bit suspicious Alette's oh Bart died post was real so I'd vote Alette more out of the two. I can't tell if I'm an easy case, but I don't think BBM is scum; scum will be more likely to be the ones saying they could consolidate on me so there's an opportunity to transition into the mislynch rather than hard committing to it. I keep getting pinged by Fable cause it just seems like he's been bristly for the sake of it; also he should deliver on that reads post that was promised.

I think Sully's town cause of the claim. I think Via's town cause of the stuff. I think BBM's town cause he seems to be about where I am in terms of confusion. I think Nightmare was town based cause what he was doing at phase end sticks out, and I think scum would push him as a mislynch. I can't remember what mack has done though. I think JB is in a similar boat. I forget what Kaoz has done but Bibbon was pretty pointed in scumhunting. Maybe I should've thrown Snike/Satsuma in the first group, but since they both read as town, I feel better about the slot as a whole. After recent discussions, I'm leaning towards kirsche being tunnely town. I don't remember what Marth has done and Omega's coming in with neutral observer reads, so not interested in the slot, although I think he was one of the players who said they'd consolidate on me so I could explore a case there. I think Walrein getting back into the game will be telling so will wait there. I was townreading zeus for not being helpful, and Makaze seems okay too. hopefully i got everyone

i think your bottom two paragraphs are mostly ok and i'm even fine with PoEing down to refa/shinori/eclipse/athena but it's really shitty to just vote shinori without saying what puts him above the other three.

if you can barely remember what any of the 4 have done then why do you single out shinori here?

which posts by kirsche or by others made you change your opinion on kirsche?

is there any order to how you would vote between those 4 people?

this post just reinforces my opinion on weapons because he still avoids actually making a case on anyone. this is the scummy way to do PoE bc he narrowed down to a few people and then basically just picked one out of the hat as opposed to actually looking more deeply into those 4 people and trying to figure out who's scummiest.

Now that I have read this you made a good argument WRT the claim. I think this is extremely, extremely unlikely as a false claim from someone who doesn't even know what anything is. (Unless he's being coached on false claims.)

In either case, you're right, lynching him here is not really sensical. It is also easily testable? I'm not sure what Martyr is, got differing results from google.

Also realized I never posted it but right after he asked what ITP was I thought that his lack of knowledge made any kind of nuanced strategy unlikely.

##Vote @eclipse

martyr redirects actions aimed at their target to themselves. macho is a modifier that makes him unable to be protected. he's already proven the martyr because he redirected the co-network from refa to himself.

fwiw it's pretty standard practice to give scum either fake roleclaims or two-part roles where one part is what they're supposed to use as their town claim. plus nightmare was the one who actually made the claim, before mack subbed in, so mack's inexperience doesn't really matter.

Macho Martyr in this case is that I take any abilities targeted at the player I target (including shots) and I sort of hope I do accidentally kill myself so I don't have to deal with this game. 

Also I can see the arguments on eclipse and would be willing to consolidate there as the flip could give associative information on BBM and Makaze, two players I am unsure on. 

1 minute ago, BBM said:

martyr redirects actions aimed at their target to themselves. macho is a modifier that makes him unable to be protected. he's already proven the martyr because he redirected the co-network from refa to himself.

fwiw it's pretty standard practice to give scum either fake roleclaims or two-part roles where one part is what they're supposed to use as their town claim. plus nightmare was the one who actually made the claim, before mack subbed in, so mack's inexperience doesn't really matter.

I see. But Mack did clarify on Nightmare's claim... There's some room for doubt there. But, yeah, the Martyr part is confirmed and Macho makes zero sense to tack on for effect. It has to be a true claim.

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

How so? After the specific post you linked to, Weapons unvoted and voted someone else, before eventually settling back on Bartozio near the end of Day 1. Combined with the fact that it was still early in Day 1, that just looked like a pressure vote to me. Could you please explain?

Fair enough to me, especially since I'm not familiar enough with role setup on here to judge, but Snike will respond again when he gets on.

Weapons posting to me look like scum trying to pick off someone easy and bartozio seems like someone that can be misunderstood the more I catch up. I also feel like your posting is a bit off in some way D1.

there are still mafia uses for a martyr, and the macho thing could be put in by the mods to make it a more town-sounding fake. i just think it's a bad lynch at this point in the game.

dinner and then shinori

1 minute ago, Omega. said:

I usually die in these games one way or another.

I feel like we're dealing with high level scum here.

I don't know if you do reads lists but I am interested in your general worldview of the cast.

It feels like it because a good chunk of the game went inactive, then came a ton of subs.  When over a third of the game has been replaced in a short amount of time, it's going to be a mess.

My view has been shot to hell, so I'm going to comment on people who didn't sub out, and were memorable enough to make an impression.

athena_57 - Need to review recent content.  Didn't like how he was pushing Satsuma earlier.  His things with zeus were null to me, because that's his RL brother, and people who know each other well are going to interact differently from complete strangers.  Wasn't too happy with his Bart vote, and I pointed out why on page 23 (I still can't figure out why Marth was even mentioned).  Was the scummiest for a while.

BBM - Half the time I forget he's playing.  He had a thing with Bibbon which I wrote off as a play style difference.  I'll have a better read on him when there's less people around.

Fable - Other than heavily defending Bibbon's play, and a bunch of self-meta early-on nothing's sticking out.  Most memorable thing ATM is what Weapons said in his announcement (which is a tell on Weapons, not Fable).

Jaybee - I'll have a read on him once I figure out what logic he's using to make his cases.  His role reasons for scumreading Marth were odd.

Refa - Biggest annoyance IMO was him asking for people to find things for him earlier in this day phase.  I'd rather spend my time making sense of everything rather than chasing after a post I know I made, but don't remember where.  He did /effort later, and I haven't had the chance to read it yet.

Satsuma/Snike - Satsuma felt mostly town (except when I got irritated with his insistence that his vote disappeared), then Snike subbed in for Poly, and I haven't been scumreading the slot since.

Shinori - I think I finally saw some concrete emotion somewhere between page 46 and now, and I'll need to reread that in depth.  Wasn't really scumreading him otherwise.  Would like for people to post their reasons for scumreading him, so he can respond, and I can get a better read on him.

Via - I rarely scumread him, and this game is no exception.  N1 feels like a ton of effort for mafia.  I think the best thing I can do regarding his role is to drop some crumbs regarding my flavor, and leave it at that.  Even if those crumbs appear to make no sense now.

Walrein - Chalked the disappearance up to RL shenanigans, and it turns out I was right.  Hadn't been scumeading the slot D1, and don't remember much from D2.

Weapons - Despite the trolling, I think he's town.  The D2 announcement doesn't read like a scumpost at all - instead of the usual low-effort content, it contains a bunch of reads.  Not sure what he was going to accomplish with his fakeclaim in D2, but eh.  I think it's weird that anyone fell for it.  Not sure what he meant in regards to Fable in the D2 announcement.

Zkirsche - I already mentioned his reply to Junko.  Otherwise, he's in the same pile as BBM/Fable. . .yes, despite those walls.  Because, like half this game, I haven't had time to digest them.

2 minutes ago, BBM said:

it feels like everyone is ignoring my reasons for why mack is a bad lynch today??? seriously i don't think a single person has even responded to it

i heavily dislike this. makaze wasn't saying you were inactive or weren't posting enough, he was saying that your content in your posts was easy and not impressive. and what exactly about his attitude stinks? is he just not allowed to find you suspicious? feels like you're basically using the way he worded his case against you as a reason to not even respond to his case.

i guess this is an acceptable reasoning for why sudden toneshifts are suspicious but it still seems like you were way overexaggerating how different the tone shift was when you consider that people are naturally going to have a more aggressive tone when attacking than when answering random questions.

you didn't say he was scummy for having to go away, but you DID say he was hypocritical for calling out walrein for flaking while he was flaking. (and the implication in context was that the hypocrisy was scummy)

did you read the case I made against you eclipse?

Nope.

And at the rate this is going, I might not get to it.  Omega asked me for reads, and I think that's going to be more helpful than an individual response to you.

I agree that Mack is a bad lynch, because his role makes no sense whatsoever as mafia.

@Makaze The more you distract me, the less likely I am to get to you.

Next up is kirsche/Junko analysis.

1 minute ago, Alette said:

Weapons posting to me look like scum trying to pick off someone easy and bartozio seems like someone that can be misunderstood the more I catch up. I also feel like your posting is a bit off in some way D1.

it's mostly the way you address fable