Iris

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Walrein said:

this post feels overexplainy

need a temp check is athena always overexplainy or am i onto something 

Also Athena has only played one game and I didn't really read that one so you'd have to ask someone who was in it.  It was the last game, Etrian Odyssey 3 mafia, if you want to look at tha playerlist.  What do you mean by overexplainey though?  I think what bothers me is that he has his own reasoning but states that he'll sheep a vote which is ???.  Not as bad as ZKirsche though.

##Unvote

##Vote: ZKirsche

1 minute ago, Walrein said:

what is this in reference to

i pretty much agree with the entire rest of that post btw

It was in reference to your original reason for voting him, because I think that's good and I didn't pick up on it before.  

1 minute ago, Refa said:

Also Athena has only played one game and I didn't really read that one so you'd have to ask someone who was in it.  It was the last game, Etrian Odyssey 3 mafia, if you want to look at tha playerlist.  What do you mean by overexplainey though?  I think what bothers me is that he has his own reasoning but states that he'll sheep a vote which is ???.  Not as bad as ZKirsche though.

##Unvote

##Vote: ZKirsche

if I'm going to vote someone who has 4 posts and 0 content I'm not going to need a paragraph to explain the vote

like I'd probably just drop a "yeah ok ##vote whoever" and be done with it

granted not everyone is me but i still think taking so many words to explain a read on that sort of player is the sort of painfully self-conscious thing that's scummier than not 

I dunno, I think you're overblowing it.  It was like three sentences, that's not a big deal IMO.

5 minutes ago, Refa said:

I think what bothers me is that he has his own reasoning but states that he'll sheep a vote which is ???. 

That might be a case of differing definitions, my bad. I was under the impression sheeping ment following someone's vote. To clarify, I do not sheep him in he sense I'm mindlessly copying his train of thought, I just agree with his vote.

3 minutes ago, Walrein said:

if I'm going to vote someone who has 4 posts and 0 content I'm not going to need a paragraph to explain the vote

like I'd probably just drop a "yeah ok ##vote whoever" and be done with it

granted not everyone is me but i still think taking so many words to explain a read on that sort of player is the sort of painfully self-conscious thing that's scummier than not 

I mean, you're going to need to hear this from someone else, but I am overexplainy, I'm a math-student, it's in my blood. The only reference you can get on this is my brother @zeus_112 I'm afraid, this is my second game so there's not much meta to go on.

I'd rather make my reasoning clear than be questioned all the time for being vague.

1 minute ago, athena_57 said:

That might be a case of differing definitions, my bad. I was under the impression sheeping ment following someone's vote. To clarify, I do not sheep him in he sense I'm mindlessly copying his train of thought, I just agree with his vote.

Fair enough.  What are your thoughts on Kirsche?  What about my Bartozio reply?

5 minutes ago, Refa said:

Fair enough.  What are your thoughts on Kirsche?  What about my Bartozio reply?

Thoughts on Kirsche: As I mentioned before, I don't agree with his BBM case. I think the questions Junko's asking him are valid questions. I don't really have a read atm, but am definitely awaiting his reply.

Bartozio reply: Reasonable question, though I think the answer seems fairly obvious imo. I think Bart thinks it's bad because you could also just say you don't have any reads without going into detail. I myself do not think this is a problem however and have a bigger problem with the aforementioned filler posts.

Makes sense, no issues here.  What did you think about Walrein's initial case against you?  More specifically, why complain about RVS but do nothing about it?

3 minutes ago, Refa said:

Makes sense, no issues here.  What did you think about Walrein's initial case against you?  More specifically, why complain about RVS but do nothing about it?

I think his case was fine.

I didn't do anything about RVS because you can't just go "poof" and make it disappear, I didn't think someone had done something scummy yet so there wasn't really a case I could've started. This may be my inexperience, but I tend to (as for as you can speak of habits) wait till a wagon appears/someone pings me/someone pings someone else.

22 minutes ago, Refa said:

Can you explain this?  As someone who barely has any reads himself, I don't think a new player (I think Satsuma is new, anyways) being lost early on is fine.  What makes it more likely to be scum making excuses to you?

See Refa, the answer to this fairly obvious.... oh...

3 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

Bartozio reply: Reasonable question, though I think the answer seems fairly obvious imo. I think Bart thinks it's bad because you could also just say you don't have any reads without going into detail. I myself do not think this is a problem however and have a bigger problem with the aforementioned filler posts.

Basicly this, yeah. New players tend to have difficulty coming up with reads, which is fine. However, they can then at least say stuff like I don't really find anyone suspisious, or be asked for their opinion on things. SoySoy on the other hand is basicly saying he shouldn't give opinions on anything because his reasoning will be different from most of ours, which is ???

It feels more like he's avoiding giving reads, instead of just not having them.

Okay, I'm dumb, that's a sheepable read then.  Would like to see a reply on that front.

Not bothered by Athena anymore.

35 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

See Refa, the answer to this fairly obvious.... oh...

Basicly this, yeah. New players tend to have difficulty coming up with reads, which is fine. However, they can then at least say stuff like I don't really find anyone suspisious, or be asked for their opinion on things. SoySoy on the other hand is basicly saying he shouldn't give opinions on anything because his reasoning will be different from most of ours, which is ???

It feels more like he's avoiding giving reads, instead of just not having them.

I tend to not post unless I have something I want to jump on or something I think is going to be meaningful. I was prompted to make my previous post (the one about meta) in response to Walerein saying things were too quiet. I thought I might as well let people know I exist.

I didn't say that I shouldn't give opinions, nor did I mean that. I said I can't really actively give one right now. If you'd like to ask me for my opinion on something specifically, I'd try and give it to you, though for now my reads would more or less be a blank spoiler.

For the record, I have played Mafia before, but the format was wildly different, so I might as well be new.

##vote Refa just to test if my vote still works and you were right above me. There didn't seem to be a Mayor reveal for eclipse but I lost my vote seemingly.

sorry guys I was posting really late last night while barely keeping my eyes open so it got kind of incoherent at parts

@kirsche- junko is right yeah. i didn't have any suspicions at the time so i defaulted to a pressure vote. via had two people that he was uncomfortable with so I didn't understand the hesitation to vote one of them considering his current vote is RVS. as for asking questions for the sake of it, it's a good idea anyways in RVS just to get something going. but ultimately even if I think via's actions are weird I'm leaning town cuz of his claim. I don't think he would go for #bigplays as scum.

i don't actually have a problem with athena's vote. Just don't understand eclipse's logic in dismissing it because the implication was that she found it a suspicious thing to do in a vacuum but that athena doing it last game lowered the suspiciousness of it a little. except athena was scum last game...

##Unvote, ##Vote: zeus112

not really a fan of his couple posts in the thread. I know not a lot has happened yet, but his posts seem like he's pretty much only posting to directly address stuff directed to him without really trying to engage on other stuff. he did have one-line about what I said on eclipse/athena but it almost seemed more like it was just to stop the prodvote on him.

walrein out of curiosity what did you think eclipse's role reveal was going to be before it was revealed she was mayor?

2 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

Like the four filler posts?

My first two posts were only jokes, and I was under the impression that that was what we were mostly doing at the start (until I figured out you guys were for real). My third post was a little probe to see if someone would explain something to me, but I kinda got ignored so I just read on to learn.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

My first two posts were only jokes, and I was under the impression that that was what we were mostly doing at the start (until I figured out you guys were for real). My third post was a little probe to see if someone would explain something to me, but I kinda got ignored so I just read on to learn.

Well then, here's your chance at redemption. You said you didn't have any reads on people, but how do you feel about the cases being presented? Are there some you feel have scum intent? Even if you don't have an opinion on the guiltiness of the person in question, do you feel valid points are being made?

15 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So this place is more open about roles, huh?

Currently reading the thread: Only up to the end of page 3, 4-6 in a bit.  I'm not feeling great so this isn't gonna be super fast.  Hopefully I can have it up in about an hour or so though.

Moving on, no normally this place isn't that open about roles unless random circumstances cause it to be.  Some roles people are generally fairly open about, such as mayor, but that's about it.

14 hours ago, Walrein said:

nothing i was just frustrated by people being somewhat dismissive of my thought without actually contributing anything else to the discussion

this is a side effect of my dislike of RVS, which is about as useful as shitposting and much much slower

@BBM is there any post in particular that gave you weird vibes or is it a more general nebulous thing

This post seems extremely defensive in my eyes.  Don't really like it tonally.

13 hours ago, BBM said:

eh I was really hoping Junko would come back first to react to vague aspersions but w/e

it felt a bit weird that he just voted someone without any joke or any attempt to start a wagon or anything at all (I'm aware that he was the second post). almost like he felt he was obligated to do it? shrug

This is a really graspy reason if it's a serious reason but I guess it is RVS esque?  The fact that you followed it up though by asking Junko why they didn't wait for a bit to post stands out to me that it is somewhat serious.  Followed by you unvoting them and moving to rein it's really weird.  This might just be my gut speaking but I don't like it.

11 hours ago, athena_57 said:

RVS is boring. Let's see how fast we can get out of this...

##Vote: Zeus

Get your lazy ass over here, goddamnit.

FTR I'm leaning slightly town on the hydra slot, but I could see them being scum. Scum/Town hydra seems extremely unlikely, but I have to say it would also be extremely GAS

This post is bad.

9 hours ago, Vi-astra said:

ughhh i know this is dumb role spec i know but i don't think scum would have both a hydra slot AND a mayor, so one of those has to be town.
because if they had both together it's basically having an extra player, because you've got the extra voice + extra vote.

i haven't really seen a reason to vote anyone yet that convinces me; at first i was set to vote walrein, but that was a first-impression gutread and i feel a bit better now. eclipse is playing to her town meta from what i can tell. bbm is null. junko is uh, eh, i think bbm's point on junko is fair but i'm not feeling anything yet

Please don't forget there is the possibility of an ITP.  And I could see the hydra slot OR the mayor being potentially ITP.   But yeah more than likely one of the two roles is town.  That's also based on probability of chance.

At the moment I would vote BBM but I want to finish reading before I drop a vote.  His random vote on Rein is really weird and his small back and forth with Junko also stands out to me, but less so than his Rein vote.

6 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

Well then, here's your chance at redemption. You said you didn't have any reads on people, but how do you feel about the cases being presented? Are there some you feel have scum intent? Even if you don't have an opinion on the guiltiness of the person in question, do you feel valid points are being made?

Not really, so far. Everyone's pretty much just trading minimal pressure in an attempt to start something, but no one's really biting. Any stronger accusations so far (like what people are saying about your playing patterns) are more meta than logic.

@Shinori Okay, I must have misunderstood things then.

Though I have to say... For a pressure train that you didn't even start, and for an accusation that was rather surface to begin with, "here's your chance at redemption" is an arrogant thing to say lol. Eager to be on the mob's side?

55 minutes ago, BBM said:

##Unvote, ##Vote: zeus112

not really a fan of his couple posts in the thread. I know not a lot has happened yet, but his posts seem like he's pretty much only posting to directly address stuff directed to him without really trying to engage on other stuff. he did have one-line about what I said on eclipse/athena but it almost seemed more like it was just to stop the prodvote on him.

well, that doesn't mean I'm scum right. As town you're also not very comfotable whem ya got votes on ya.
Why I'm not diving in is because I'm a pretty passive player. I just read all the stuff you guys post and say something when I have a feeling or someone wants me to.

Day 1.4 - Votals
BBM
(3): eclipse, Zkirsche
Zkirsche (3): Vi-astra, Junk, Refa
eclipse (2): Jaybee, Shinori
Polydeuces + SatsumaFSoySoy (2): Bartozio, athena_57
Shinori (2): Eurykins, Elieson
athena_57 (1): Walrein
Bartozio (1): Anime27Arts
Refa (1): SatsumaFSoySoy
zeus_112 (1): BBM

Not Voting: Bibbon, EÀrendil, Fable, Magnificence Incarnate, Nightmare, WeaponsofMassConstruction, zeus_112

You have ~50.25 hours left in the day.  With 22 alive, it takes 8 to lynch and 15 to hammer.

Edited by Iris