World of Thracia Summoning Event (April 11 ~): Leif, Nanna, and New Reinhardt and Olwen

Coolmanio

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Like I said, new/refined breaths can switch to physical damage against ranged enemies. Check the skill description for Expiration.

Ah! I see. I've always just assumed that was for counter attacks from 2 ranged enemies, but it applies all the time when you're fighting a two ranged enemy. That makes the ability much better than I previously thought.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Ah! I see. I've always just assumed that was for counter attacks from 2 ranged enemies, but it applies all the time when you're fighting a two ranged enemy. That makes the ability much better than I previously thought.

Yeah, it's how it stays relevant even on stuff like Great Breath and refined Flametongue where there isn't built-in DC.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, it's how it stays relevant even on stuff like Great Breath and refined Flametongue where there isn't built-in DC.

Haha. I thought it was just there for using in conjunction with the Distant Counter skill. I might actually consider using some non lightning breath users with this new realisation. I've been wanting melee range magic attacks in the game for a while now, and they were right under my nose without me realizing it!

So, are the new Heroes good?

Why does S Drink restore HP? All units start maps with full HP, so it's basically just a innate Quickened Pulse.

2 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

So, are the new Heroes good?

Why does S Drink restore HP? All units start maps with full HP, so it's basically just a innate Quickened Pulse.

Chain challenge.

Just now, Corrobin said:

Oh, right. Tempest Trials as well.

Give em Ardent Sacrafice and try to end each map by donating all his health to injured allies and it should come in pretty useful.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Give em Ardent Sacrafice and try to end each map by donating all his health to injured allies and it should come in pretty useful.

Alright, just looked at the skills and...

Finn should fit right into Horse Emblem.

Olwen as well, given she has a legendary Gronnblade.

Rein seems... a little too good. A Brave weapon that works on the enemy phase, meaning he can both kill someone before they react with Vantage or super-nuke someone with Death Blow?

And Leif looks like a decent Sword Lord.

3 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Alright, just looked at the skills and...

Finn should fit right into Horse Emblem.

Olwen as well, given she has a legendary Gronnblade.

Rein seems... a little too good. A Brave weapon that works on the enemy phase, meaning he can both kill someone before they react with Vantage or super-nuke someone with Death Blow?

And Leif looks like a decent Sword Lord.

Reinhardt looks super slow, so I imagine it wouldn't be hard to eliminate him in one round before vantage can even take effect. Might want to artificially activate it by using Ardent Sacrifice. I also think Fierce Stance would be more useful than Death Blow. Have to make use of the enemy phase brave weapon, if you want a player phase nuke then normal Reinhardt is probably a better option. Distant Counter would also needed to combat ranged foes. I can see him being really good, but only with quite a bit of investment.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Reinhardt, like I said, I think it would have been better if Olwen got the Holy Sword, but I can understand giving it to Reinhardt as he's the one that has it initially and he's popular enough to deserve an alt.

That isn't the Holy Sword, it's the 

Master Sword Master Sword A 4200 14 60 10 1 15 20 Allows 2 consecutive hits

With a Germanified name now. He carries this when you fight him, but it isn't exclusive to him.

The Holy Sword is this

Holy Sword Holy Sword * – 17 65 20 1 11 60 Olwen only, allows 2 consecutive hits, effective against Horseback units, Mag +10, gives Prayer skill

Which would be a really great counter to a Green Tome/Axe Cav monstrosity that doesn't exist.

I get the sense you're new to Heroes, congrats on joining! Having Thracia and Leif in was sufficient criterion? Hope you enjoy it.

I'm a veteran of observing Heroes, I've been collecting daily logins for the past two months, but I'm still waiting for just the right characters that interest me to get in before I leap in. Which hopefully won't be too far off, the new summoning pool rarity drop is HUGE incentive to start playing, but I'm waiting just a little longer. Barring the unnecessary Alt-fest that has been happening for a while, my hopes for this game are reasonably good.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That isn't the Holy Sword, it's the 

Master Sword Master Sword A 4200 14 60 10 1 15 20 Allows 2 consecutive hits

With a Germanified name now. He carries this when you fight him, but it isn't exclusive to him.

The Holy Sword is this

Holy Sword Holy Sword * – 17 65 20 1 11 60 Olwen only, allows 2 consecutive hits, effective against Horseback units, Mag +10, gives Prayer skill

Which would be a really great counter to a Green Tome/Axe Cav monstrosity that doesn't exist.

I get the sense you're new to Heroes, congrats on joining! Having Thracia and Leif in was sufficient criterion? Hope you enjoy it.

I'm a veteran of observing Heroes, I've been collecting daily logins for the past two months, but I'm still waiting for just the right characters that interest me to get in before I leap in. Which hopefully won't be too far off, the new summoning pool rarity drop is HUGE incentive to start playing, but I'm waiting just a little longer. Barring the unnecessary Alt-fest that has been happening for a while, my hopes for this game are reasonably good.

Ah. I had my doubts, but the brave properties on it made me think it was right. I actually made a suggestion for a Xavier moveset on the create a unit thread giving him the Master Bow, with the effect being double attacks, but only on enemy phase. Funny to see that prediction was kind of accurate  for the Master Weapons, only they made them even better.

It's actually probably a really good idea to wait. You'll gain dozens upon dozens free Orbs from playing through the story mode and won't waste them just summoning anything, like I (and I assume many others) did.

I saved up 200 orbs for this banner. I got Leif at around 50 orbs at HP-/Res+, which is more than fine by me. But I also wanted Nanna, and 150ish orbs in Colorless Hell got me, among other things, five Azamas, three Priscillas, two Clarines, and a second Jaffar killing a 4.5% rate. I was also stupid enough to merge instead of using as LaD fodder. I'm already back up to 3.5%, but I'm running out of ways to get F2P orbs.

Edited by AndrewMcC00l

15 hours ago, XRay said:

Staff units are amongst the best nukes, tying with Firesweep archers in my opinion, although they are quite expensive to build.

Cavalry staff users are among the best nukes. The infantry ones are only okay.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

The question is, how should beasts work though?

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Like I said, it's something they've been thinking about.

I think the most reasonable answer is for them to be some sort of physical counterpart to breaths: melee physical weapons available in multiple interchangeable colors (including colorless, I guess) with some sort of added effect, and with special Hone/Fortify/Goad/Ward skills. The only question that leaves is what sort of added effect to give them, and while I don't have anything particularly in mind myself, there are all sorts of options. Could be as simple as something like Swift Sparrow 1 or Sturdy Stance 1.

Laguz had access to a lot of debuff skills (that no one used), so I could see strike weapons being colored physical melee weapons with effects like daggers on top of effects that activate based on stat comparisons, like Flashing Blade, Great Flame, and Light Brand.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Like I said, new/refined breaths can switch to physical damage against ranged enemies. Check the skill description for Expiration.

@Jotari

Of particular note, this effect also applies to AoE Special skills. Each individual target has their defensive stat determined independently.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

But really, Brazen Atk/Atk when?

Well, Forblaze took attack to a whole 'nother level, so not much longer?

On a serious note, if they do add that, I don't know whether I'd be sad or laugh hysterically.

Also, has anyone run numbers for B!Ike vs.  Reinschwert? I'm curious if Urvan and SB are enough to overcome the color disadvantage, but I'm on my phone right now.

22 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Well, Forblaze took attack to a whole 'nother level, so not much longer?

Maxed buffs (+6/4/6/6) Raudhrblade+ is 41 Atk. Maxed buffs Forblaze is only 26 Atk and +7 damage.

Forblaze is a self-sufficient Raudhrblade+, but Raudhrblade+ is still stronger with maximum support.

33 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Also, has anyone run numbers for B!Ike vs.  Reinschwert? I'm curious if Urvan and SB are enough to overcome the color disadvantage, but I'm on my phone right now.

Meistereinhardt has 59 Atk when maxed out without buffs, assuming Ike is running Beorc's Blessing. That becomes 70 Atk after weapon triangle advantage.

+0 Ike [=HP, =Def] without Steady Breath takes 35 + 7 = 42 damage, leaving him with 1 HP. Ike with Steady Breath takes 31 + 7 = 38 damage, leaving him with 5 HP.

Without Beorc's Blessing, Meistereinhardt has 65 Atk with Hone Cavalry up, which becomes 78 Atk after weapon triangle advantage.

+0 Ike [=HP, =Def] without Steady Breath takes 43 damage on the first hit, which kills him exactly. Ike with Steady Breath takes 39 + 8 = 47 damage, which kills him.

Put over 500 orbs into Reds looking for Leif, only to get two Reinhardts, Saber, and Leo instead.  If I didn't at least get a Nanna out of it as well I would be absolutely beside myself right now.  Gacha is so gross.  

10 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Put over 500 orbs into Reds looking for Leif, only to get two Reinhardts, Saber, and Leo instead.  If I didn't at least get a Nanna out of it as well I would be absolutely beside myself right now.  Gacha is so gross.  

Heroes! We take the RNG out of the gameplay and put it in your wallet!

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@DLNarshen Ouch, 500 orbs is a lot. Sorry for you. Good luck if you try again. 

And that was just for red -- an additional 100 or so went to colorless.  Not sure if I want to commit to this more, not with regular Olwen around the corner.  It's just super frustrating to save for so long, only to get pity-broken twice by some guy who had no business being on the banner. 

@JotariI think I would be livid right now if those were paid orbs lol

15 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

And that was just for red -- an additional 100 or so went to colorless.  Not sure if I want to commit to this more, not with regular Olwen around the corner.  It's just super frustrating to save for so long, only to get pity-broken twice by some guy who had no business being on the banner. 

@JotariI think I would be livid right now if those were paid orbs lol

Had a similar moment last summer with Corrin (my Ninian is now +3, lol). At least Leif will enter the regular pool and will be featured on many other banners (most likely). Wish you luck and patience!

28 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Had a similar moment last summer with Corrin (my Ninian is now +3, lol). At least Leif will enter the regular pool and will be featured on many other banners (most likely). Wish you luck and patience!

For sure.  Thanks :)