Grand Hero Battle - Saias: Bishop of Flame (April 17th~)

Coolmanio

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Does anyone know Saias's skillset? Dataminers already uncovered Finn's

Not sure how true this is.

Spoiler

Glacies, Escape Route (5*), and Speed Ploy (4*).

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Kaden said:

Not sure how true this is.

Hide contents

Glacies, Escape Route (5*), and Speed Ploy (4*).

Ooooooooo. Thanks. He's a keeper

3 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Okay, that's a badass name for a tome, and a sweet animation. Im thinking my feathers for after Camus will go to him. Do we know if they debuff the same stats as Valflame.

Yea. Blue Valflame, basically

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Yea. Blue Valflame, basically

Ooh, sweet. Now just hoping me might have a unique skill like Arvis. Even if he doesn't though, sounds like he'll still be quite a bit of fun with another triple ploy to play around with.

I want to make a team of Arvis, Saias, and Gunnthra now.

10 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Ooh, sweet. Now just hoping me might have a unique skill like Arvis. Even if he doesn't though, sounds like he'll still be quite a bit of fun with another triple ploy to play around with.

I want to make a team of Arvis, Saias, and Gunnthra now.

Spoiler

He comes with speed ploy so quad ploy builds are easy

I didn't play his game but he looks okay. Not as stand out to me as Arvis since no cool healer memes like with Recovery Ring, so I might not promote him. I'm most excited to get Spd Ploy for my future Felicia build. Really glad to see a non-Dierdre way to get that skill now.

Definitely going to 5* him since from the datamine it looks like he will fit my play style perfectly.  Now if only I could pull a Gunnthra I could build a ploy team.  Next week is going to be fun. 

Infernal was pretty ...

Ridiculous.

Somehow, I was able to beat it with a team of Fjorm, Alfonse, PA!Azura, and Sanaki. It was quite an art form trying to shuffle around seals so that Fjorm could bait the green mage cavalier over and kill it on the counter with ice mirror, while surviving the red sword cavalier that charged her afterwards. Thankfully, Sanaki's attack ploy (she has 40 res) was able to lower the amount of damage she took. Azura 1HKO'd Saias with the help of Alfonse's spur attack and Fjorm had to tank a brave bow. After that, other things fell into place easily.

Beat Infernal on 2nd try, adult Tiki (5* +10), PA!Azura, Bride Caeda, and Genny. The only reason I didn't get it on my first try was because I needed +3 Speed seal on Azura so she could double Saias.

Tiki carries me.

Not too insane. Infernal is easily doable with pretty common units, plus defense/res buff SS. Used Eirika, BK, Olivia (dance+buffs) and Tailtiu

Cleared Infernal easily using Flier Emblem.

+1 Summer Corrin: Blarblade+, Reposition, Glimmer, Darting Blow 3, Desperation 3, Iote's Shield
5* +Atk/-Spd Cherche: Brave Axe+, Reposition, Bonfire, Death Blow 3, Hit and Run, Fortify Fliers
+Def/-Spd Elincia: Reposition, Luna, Hit and Run, Goad Fliers
+Spd/-Atk NY Azura: Spur Spd 1

Flier Emblem failed me here so I went with my arena core + Genny. They stomped Infernal first try, it was too easy. My team was:

Eirika+10

Cordelia+4

Sheena+1

Genny

Edited by Alexmender

@tobuShogi @Infinite Dreams @NegativeExponents- @Poimagic @DLNarshen @Zeo 

Infernal One Turn clear for this one: 

Wary Fighter worried me first, but at least it wasn't 4 times Wary Fighter (like on Zephiels map). First time TA3 for Cherche, perhaps she didn't need the Savage Blow by Roy. Since killing Saias was the last action on Player Phase, I didn't switch off the battle animations afterwards, but I guess it doesn't hurt. 

Yay for the zero stamina cost. Did a standard flier emblem clear as usual, took a couple of failures as the archer was surprisingly tanky and needed to be double teamed before I ran out of space. The key in the end was to reposition away to the left instead of back to the starting position after taking out the sword cavalry. After that everything was buttery smooth as it separated Saias who went down the right from everyone else who went left and could then be safely picked off. Standard team of Elincia, Cordelia, Corrin+1 and Airzura. Really glad it wasn't yet another reinforcement map, this level of infernal GHB feels about right for me.

Didn't bother with Lunatic or Hard as I have no need for the extra copies. Now to wait and see some advice on how good Saias is as a unit before I promote him.

Edited by Humanoid

14 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Didn't bother with Lunatic or Hard as I have no need for the extra copies. Now to wait and see some advice on how good Saias is as a unit before I promote him.

At 5*, he has a stat spread of 36/33/30/18/34. As a combat unit, he's not outstanding at all. However, because of his base kit, he can Ploy 4 skills at once without needing to inherit anything (Wargod's Tome has Atk/Res Ploy 2, he gets Spd Ploy 3 by default, and Def Ploy exists as a seal), which can give him some utility, especially has he has slightly better Res than Arvis does.

I had this elaborate plan to troll Saias with Panic, but then he wandered out of range of his buddies of his own volition. Oh, well, if he wants to throw, that's fine by me.

That big, awkward water-and-tree gap near the starting position makes for a really good place for EP units to just bait all the utility enemies to their doom without being threatened by Saias's pre-charged Glacies.

9 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

At 5*, he has a stat spread of 36/33/30/18/34. As a combat unit, he's not outstanding at all. However, because of his base kit, he can Ploy 4 skills at once without needing to inherit anything (Wargod's Tome has Atk/Res Ploy 2, he gets Spd Ploy 3 by default, and Def Ploy exists as a seal), which can give him some utility, especially has he has slightly better Res than Arvis does.

I'm terrible at remembering to use ploys, but I probably will promote him for TT autobattle purposes, he'll probably be less suicidal than classic Reinhardt. After that he can be a Red Tomebreaker unit for AA I guess. I did just promote Mae to do that job though...

Edited by Humanoid

Any idea what B skill to give this guy?

had a full barracks so I only did Infernal for now. Beat it on 2nd try thanks to Axura, Bowbreaker Halloween Henry, L!ike and Bridelia. The Tactics boosted Glacies surprised me and Saias defeated my Urdr boosted Halloween Henry in one go, even if my Henry had Fury 3 and avoided his Ploys..

Might make a video sometime although not a lot of tome right now

@mampfoid nice! Yeah Wary fighter is annoying- the armour was the last one standing and everyone in my team used up their turn except L!Ike. Good thing Radiant Aether did its job despite the disadvantage.