Grand Hero Battle - Saias: Bishop of Flame (April 17th~)

Coolmanio

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Actually he only has 36 spd on Infernal, you may have also been Speed Ployed beforehand since none of Saias's army has any form of speed boosting. Saias has Spd Ploy and Wargod's Tome to inflict anyone in his path Atk/Res -4 and Spd -5. It's be a sucker punch in the vital organs if he also had a Def Ploy 3 sacred seal just to screw with us.

Would be accurate to how annoying he is for debilitating your units from a distance in Thracia.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

If you're not hitting 44 spd with skills and seals, then you're slow. But that's just my opinion on speed

Oh. xP Yeah, I guess we just have differing opinions on what's fast here then.

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Actually he only has 36 spd on Infernal, you may have also been Speed Ployed beforehand since none of Saias's army has any form of speed boosting. Saias has Spd Ploy and Wargod's Tome to inflict anyone in his path Atk/Res -4 and Spd -5. It's be a sucker punch in the vital organs if he also had a Def Ploy 3 sacred seal just to screw with us.

Oh. Well then. Glacies bombing and debuffing. Sheesh. He must be a really good unit if you build him up then.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh. Well then. Glacies bombing and debuffing. Sheesh. He must be a really good unit if you build him up then.

Saias is basically Arvis, but blue and with 3 more HP, 1 more Def and Res, and 1 less Atk and Spd. And he comes with Spd Ploy instead of Def Ploy. And he doesn’t get Renewal Ring.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Infernal does boost his stats up (and he also has Fury 3 but we as players would have given him Fury 3 anyways, in fact mine had Fury 3 before he was even trained one level)), and he will wind up being pretty average himself, but great team support since he will weaken the enemy team greatly for your own allies to go in for the kill.

He's actually almost a carbon copy of Arvis (ignoring the 3 extra final BST that went into HP, he loses 1 point in Atk and Spd for one extra point in Def and Res at 5* lv 40) minus Recovery Ring and different tome color, so if you've used him at all then you already used Saias. I personally have had a good bit of fun using Arvis, so Saias is more of Arvis but with a different (and arguably better) default Ploy skill.

(also just a warning, usually in GHBs the enemy commander (the unit you will get as a reward) will have their Special charged in advance, which in most cases causes... problems to arise. Helps to check their Special Charge in advance as well as what their Special is.)

Edited by Xenomata

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I actually managed to finally snag a 5★ Priscilla on the Enduring Love gauntlet banner (along with a random Lachesis because why not)… a day after she lost her round.

Ah, congrats :)

The only healers I pulled at 5* are Maria, Nanna and Sakura, although Priscilla remains my most used (being on a horse helped her). She'd probably be used less if it didn't seem to take forever to get other healers up to the right sp level, since I now have Clarine and Nanna as my horse healers at 5*, but just have to get them my normal cavalry buffs and healing skills, etc, that I've already got on my Priscilla. I'm hoping to use Nanna in TT, so that should help her.

Edited by Cute Chao

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Saias is basically Arvis, but blue and with 3 more HP, 1 more Def and Res, and 1 less Atk and Spd. And he comes with Spd Ploy instead of Def Ploy. And he doesn’t get Renewal Ring.

I see. I would count Arvis as really good, but that's partially due to his Recovery Ring (fixes Fury damage). So Saias is just plain good/decent then, I guess.

18 minutes ago, VeryAngryBisharp said:

Try Panic Ploy on your Fred. You said he has 60 hp? It might help.

I'm not sure if I have that...

Oh, right, it's a seal now. I suppose it could, and I might have enough resources to enhance it all the way, but how exactly would I use it? It only works on enemies in cardinal directions.

21 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Infernal does boost his stats up (and he also has Fury 3 but we as players would have given him Fury 3 anyways, in fact mine had Fury 3 before he was even trained one level)), and he will wind up being pretty average himself, but great team support since he will weaken the enemy team greatly for your own allies to go in for the kill.

He's actually almost a carbon copy of Arvis (ignoring the 3 extra final BST that went into HP, he loses 1 point in Atk and Spd for one extra point in Def and Res at 5* lv 40) minus Recovery Ring and different tome color, so if you've used him at all then you already used Saias. I personally have had a good bit of fun using Arvis, so Saias is more of Arvis but with a different (and arguably better) default Ploy skill.

(also just a warning, usually in GHBs the enemy commander (the unit you will get as a reward) will have their Special charged in advance, which in most cases causes... problems to arise. Helps to check their Special Charge in advance as well as what their Special is.)

I see. Yeah, someone else mentioned the similarity to Arvis.

I somehow never noticed the thing about special charges on GHB bosses. I guess it wasn't really an issue for me until now.

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

The only healers I pulled at 5* are Maria, Nanna and Sakura, although Priscilla remains my most used (being on a horse helped her).

I’ve actually promoted my Maria because I promised to in case I got Minerva from her banner in December. I did get her, and thus had to hold my word.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Oh, right, it's a seal now. I suppose it could, and I might have enough resources to enhance it all the way, but how exactly would I use it? It only works on enemies in cardinal directions.

There's a bladetome cavalry mage. He's receiving buffs from tactic skills. Have Fre panic the mage and L!Ike will go the forest tile with QR.

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

There's a bladetome cavalry mage. He's receiving buffs from tactic skills. Have Fre panic the mage and L!Ike will go the forest tile with QR.

Oh, I see.

I forgot to mention though, Frederick has 60 HP only with horse Ephraim next to him. Otherwise, he just has 57. Oops. xP

Just now, Anacybele said:

Oh, I see.

I forgot to mention though, Frederick has 60 HP only with horse Ephraim next to him. Otherwise, he just has 57. Oops. xP

The bladetome mage has 45 hp anyways so Fre can panic him with the greatest of ease

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’ve actually promoted my Maria because I promised to in case I got Minerva from her banner in December. I did get her, and thus had to hold my word.

She was my first healer at 5* - she actually pity broke me for the first Hero Fest (but then Takumi and Hector came almost straight after... so many orbs lost).

I think she's my favourite healer currently in Heroes. She's just so adorable :D I should use her more, but again I don't tend to use healers.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I see.

Legendary Heroes don't have to be adjacent to grant the bonus, they just need to be deployed. I think the bonus stays even if the Legendary Hero dies, although ofc that isn't relevant in a GHB.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Legendary Heroes don't have to be adjacent to grant the bonus, they just need to be deployed. I think the bonus stays even if the Legendary Hero dies, although ofc that isn't relevant in a GHB.

Oh, right. Well, I still would have to bring horse Ephraim in with Freddy to keep the 60 HP.

I just burned 20,000 feathers to off a Subaki to Nowi for QR 3 and make room for one Saias. I hate the limited barrack size. 

This chapter was actually not too bad to figure the openings to exploit. Once I saw the Bladetome Mage Knight have a space to attack where that Sword cavalier did not, this is how I got started to my eventual solution. Took a few tries. Tried out Legendary Ike, tried out my hodgepodge joke of a Flier emblem team, and eventually found the units that work. 

Clear was performed with 5* Valter, Fjorm, 5*Olivia, and a garbage 4* Palla (-Spd, for sure) who I don't plan to fodder because she was my first Palla way back when my barracks were far more bare. 

Sacred Seals are important for this to work.

Valter needs HP+4 to Panic Ploy that ridiculous blade mage knight. 

Olivia had the Spur Spd 2 scared seal, which is useful for killing that Brave Bow archer.

Palla...nothing, but Def Tactic Def can help out Olivia

Fjorm wants Def+1

Skill Inheritance

Fjorm has Swap, Glacies and QR2. I have gotten way to many Firs way back when I was just starting out and wanted to experiment with an offensive Fjorm. Seems like my blind attempt at SI when I was rookie finally came into use. I didn't need Swap for this map though.

Valter has Drag Back. This is CRITICAL. It sets up a love tap from Palla to finish off Saias safely. 

Palla and Olivia had nothing inherited of importance, but DEF+3 could help Olivia defending on her bulk since mine is a 5*, -HP +Spd. . 

Spoiler

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

FYI, Sigurd can survive an attack from Sais. Although it put my Sigurd from full HP to exactly one (meaning Miracle didn't activate against subsequent enemies even though it was fully charged). Not sure what my Sigurd's asset/flaw is.

Well I am training my 3* Saias up to 5* but I won't take him to level 40 5* until TT when I can train him with Finn.  I am going with the budget build of wargod's tome, draw back, glacies, fury 3, swordbreaker 3 and spd ploy 3.  I gave him my last Sully, but it will be worth it in TT.  I am finding Saias as much fun as Arvis is, so I know he will be seeing a lot of use.

This one wasn’t too bad although Saias does pack quite a punch. I mean 1hp on Henry even though he had 45 res is pretty insane.

11 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@tobuShogi @Infinite Dreams @NegativeExponents- @Poimagic @DLNarshen @Zeo 

Infernal One Turn clear for this one: 

Wary Fighter worried me first, but at least it wasn't 4 times Wary Fighter (like on Zephiels map). First time TA3 for Cherche, perhaps she didn't need the Savage Blow by Roy. Since killing Saias was the last action on Player Phase, I didn't switch off the battle animations afterwards, but I guess it doesn't hurt. 

Wary Fighter sucks but thankfully Henry already had Lancebreaker due to this not being the first time something like this has happened but yeah once we start with multiple Wary Fighters things get hairy.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

23 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

This one wasn’t too bad although Saias does pack quite a punch. I mean 1hp on Henry even though he had 45 res is pretty insane.

Yeah, Saias' Glacies hurts, but apart from that this map didn't give your team much trouble. I missed Legion though ...

24 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Wary Fighter sucks but thankfully Henry already had Lancebreaker due to this not being the first time something like this has happened but yeah once we start with multiple Wary Fighters things get hairy.

Well, if there is space on the map you could still take out all other units first and then chip the armors down by hit & run tactics. 

Also realised it referred to his map as a reward map and used different wording in the list of maps than it does for the rotation.

Isn't that odd, though fitting with the datamine, for a GHB to be referred to as something else?

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Also realised it referred to his map as a reward map and used different wording in the list of maps than it does for the rotation.

Isn't that odd, though fitting with the datamine, for a GHB to be referred to as something else?

It's most likely just a text/coding error.

I can't remember exactly how I did this... Kinda sad. I was like "Yay!! NEW GHB!" Did it. And then went on a 3km run because beautiful weather. Needless to say, I was not productive afterwards and slept a lot. I'm pretty sure it was a dragon emblem team, and Adult Tiki was the star. She's proved herself to be an amazing asset time and time again. I need to give her more merges... But tactic teams are kind of scary... I ended up meeting a tactic team in the Arena not too long after doing this map. Took me by surprise for sure!

I think I'm gonna promote him. Do I need to? Probably not, but now I can make a balanced team of smart/pretty brainy boys to objectify appreciate. The time for Leo, Saias, Soren, and Innes to rock maps has come. I suppose M. Robin could easily fill the blue spot, but that feels kinda' vain. XD

Cleared infernal early this morning with 5* Gunnthra (+Spd, -Atk), 5* vanguard Ike (neutral), 5* Lukas (+Def, -Spd), and 5* PA Shigure (+Res, -Def) who was there for refresh support and defensive buffs.

For skill inheritance and seals, Gunnthra had a Def Ploy 1 seal, vanguard Ike had Swap, QR3, and a Distant Def 3 seal, Lukas had a defense refined Slaying Lance+, Swap, Ignis, Guard 3, Hone Spd 3, and a Panic Ploy 3 seal, and PA Shigure was just his default self.

=HP Lukas has 50 HP, well over the 46 HP someone needs to Panic Ploy the green cavalry mage. My first attempts I had Ike sit on the tree tile which makes the green mage attack him first and then the sword cavalier, but that I couldn't figure out the positioning to deal with the other enemies, mainly Saias with his charged Glacies while being backed up by his allies. The successful attempt I had Ike bait the green mage and sword cavalier from the right which causes the sword cavalier to attack first for some reason and that lets him survive. Not that big of a deal. What was a big deal was that Gunnthra needed to charge her Glacies to ORKO Saias who came in from the left side for some reason. That was done by having her attack the lance armor twice? or maybe she took out the sword cavalier and then hit the lance armor and doubling and taking out the sword wyvern. The rest of the map was Lukas tanking the lance armor and Brave Bow archer who Gunnthra and Ike took out.

Yeah, GHBs and BHBs not requiring stamina anymore really makes it easier to just try out the infernal difficulties for me. Well, ones that don't have reinforcements because screw that.

Edited by Kaden

I can’t even beat lunatic; the mage cavalier keeps killing everyone. It seems like it would be a lot easier with panic ploy? I don’t have the seal, but is it worth using all my feathers to promote Valter? (Is panic ploy 2 good enough or do I need to promote him to get 3?)

Edited by ShadowAlchemist

17 minutes ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

I can’t even beat lunatic; the mage cavalier keeps killing everyone. It seems like it would be a lot easier with panic ploy? I don’t have the seal, but is it worth using all my feathers to promote Valter? (Is panic ploy 2 good enough or do I need to promote him to get 3?)

You can create the Panic Ploy seal for the low cost of 40 coins and a bunch of grey badges.