Grand Hero Battle - Saias: Bishop of Flame (April 17th~)

Coolmanio

@mampfoid I like the beats for the Celica video, maybe it doesn't necessarily fit Celica herself but it's good music for a clear video because it has a nice tempo that's good for action. The Oliver music can be a bit hit or miss depending on what's happening, it fits Oliver himself but because he's with some serious looking teammates like Walhart/Fallen Takumi it can be a bit strange (and funny) at times- plus the music genre itself usually doesn't lend too well with video clears in general. Just some personal thoughts though.

Thanks for the comments though!

Yea Berkut's Lance is secondary account. Not sure about DC yet, maybe when I get more DC fodder since if I get Myrrh she will get priority. I might give him Close Def as an A skill though but for now he doesn't need it yet. Or maybe Brazen Atk/Def if I get more Ares fodder.

The music is new so maybe have a listen when you have more free time. The Silas music is one of my favourites. (Funnily enough the one for the Thracia clear I was planning to use for an Oliver clear, but it didn't fit with the team I had back then).

Hmmm...I just realised I uploaded the wrong Thracia video since that one has no music. Here's the fix-

As for my lance cavs tanking Riderbanes...Well Close Def is a great SS. Plus there's limited space for cavalry so they had no choice but to tank the knight somehow heh

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid I like the beats for the Celica video, maybe it doesn't necessarily fit Celica herself but it's good music for a clear video because it has a nice tempo that's good for action. The Oliver music can be a bit hit or miss depending on what's happening, it fits Oliver himself but because he's with some serious looking teammates like Walhart/Fallen Takumi it can be a bit strange (and funny) at times- plus the music genre itself usually doesn't lend too well with video clears in general. Just some personal thoughts though.

Oliver's track was a waltz as he danced with the enemies. ;-) 

Ok, I'll see what I can do next time. Currently I'm not very motivated to do the legendary maps with my two special teams, as I'll be short of time this evening and tomorrow. 

12 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Yea Berkut's Lance is secondary account. Not sure about DC yet, maybe when I get more DC fodder since if I get Myrrh she will get priority. I might give him Close Def as an A skill though but for now he doesn't need it yet. Or maybe Brazen Atk/Def if I get more Ares fodder.

Perhaps Brazen DEF/RES from Kana? 

Due to personal bullshit that doesn't seem to want to end, I've been feeling entirely too drained to even attempt most of the battles going on right now. While the LHBs can screw themselves with a rusty spoon, I wanted to at least complete this map with my Takusquad. @kirauza343

The stragey for this one was rather unorthodex and ended up making me do a bunch of SI and swapping of skills. There's also Nyakumi's "death by a thousand mochis", which could have been done more efficently but I figured he deserved the kill after all his hard work. 

@mampfoid Good job as always! Your Celicas are doing amazing job, and I love to see F!Celica again. I see you did the same thing I did with panicking that pesky Bladetome cav. Truly such shenanigans will not be tolerated!

@mcsilas Amazing Silas and themed clears! It's really great see what our faves can do when properly build and backed up. Silas certainly proves that outside of Even Def wave, he doesn't need any exclusive skills to work wonders!

5 hours ago, Nanima said:

@mampfoid Good job as always! Your Celicas are doing amazing job, and I love to see F!Celica again. I see you did the same thing I did with panicking that pesky Bladetome cav. Truly such shenanigans will not be tolerated!

Thanks! Yeah panicking the mage is more or less standard strategy for this map. 

Didn't remember you liked fallen Celica, perhaps she'll get some more action in the next clear. 

Due to personal bullshit that doesn't seem to want to end, I've been feeling entirely too drained to even attempt most of the battles going on right now. While the LHBs can screw themselves with a rusty spoon, I wanted to at least complete this map with my Takusquad. @kirauza343

Sorry you are having a BS period, that will hopefully end soon! 

Rusty spoon next seasonal weapon? 

The stragey for this one was rather unorthodex and ended up making me do a bunch of SI and swapping of skills. There's also Nyakumi's "death by a thousand mochis", which could have been done more efficently but I figured he deserved the kill after all his hard work. 

Ha, nice start with Vantage and instant Draconic Aura (?). I like infantry pulse shenanigans. Cool you've made NY!Takumi an armor killer, secret boss lance knight didn't stand a chance. Congrats! 

Sorry I’m a millennia late but I’m finally getting around to some comments.

On 9/27/2018 at 11:38 AM, mampfoid said:

Cant edit my post anymore. Since I've done my One-Turn Clear already months ago, here Celica's and Oliver's clears: 

@Zeo @mcsilas I tried something new with the music, I hope it's not too extreme. 

@Nanima @kirauza343 @SatsumaFSoysoy I gave Celica her merges, but OG Celica #2 is save since the next merge wouldn't raise ATK or SPD. 

This clear was fun, I had to switch some skills. FH!Celica needed Close Def 3, TA2 (good that I always raise Selena to 4* before inheriting Reposition), double Spur DEF 3 (vanilla on OG Celica) and Drive DEF 2 to survive the initial attack. OG Celica needed Fortify RES to survive the counter of the green mage. BH!Celica (I really should pick some nicknames) had to proc GF and move up to lure the Archer. 

Music is from the Starific mobile game and is available on soundcloud. . 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Oliver now knows how to panic enemy mages: 

This was tricky. First I had to help Stahl to survive the inital attacks (panic the mage), then Takumi had to ploy the archer to make Oliver tank his Brave attack. 

Music is Buongiorno a te by Luciano Pavarotti

Just like @mcsilas said, those Celicas surprised me with their bulk. Like, the sword infantry ones can actually take some punishment but then there’s OG Celica who almost got KOed by the mage cav despite having the triangle advantage. They’re all nukes for sure though with them ORKOing everyone except the archer.

I was not mentally prepared for what I was about to hear in that Oliver clear. I had to rewatch it because I was too busy laughing to pay attention. There really should have been a warning.

Anyway, it’s so cool to see your team shaping up. Oliver being able to panic the mage was surprising. Enemies tend to have such an inflated hp stat that I never really think panic ploy can be useful. And warping googly glasses Walhart is the best.

I tried something new with the music, I hope it's not too extreme. 

The most extreme thing about it was going from high energy rave music in one video to sweet classical Italian in the other. I liked the first one though. While classical is fine by me but it is a bit jarring for the video. It was very fitting for Oliver though and I also like imagining that Walhart was the one singing.

On 9/30/2018 at 8:08 PM, mcsilas said:

@Cute Chao  @Zeo @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria @Vaximillian @NegativeExponents- @eclipse @Nanima @Usana @Ginko 

So since I had all the Thracia units except Green Olwen, I decided to do a Thracia clear as well

Team is +Spd/-Res Sword Reinhardt, +Def/-Res Olwen, +Res/-HP Leif and neutral Finn.

Music is Quincy's Craft from the Bleach soundtrack.

So who knew +Spd Reinhardt saves him from being doubled by the green blade mage knight? Couldn't really work Nanna in though, because I needed all the positional skills because of those darn trees making it annoying for the cavalry. Reinhardt needed double Drive Atk to KO the swordie before the swordie touches him (good thing Leif already comes with it). Bless Reinhardt's Vantage as well. 

Finn needed Close Def to survive the Ridersbane knight (plus I don't have Fortify Cav fodder).

It’s always neat when a seemingly inconvenient boon/bane ends up working in your favor.

When I saw Finn in range of the Ridersbane it made me go “wait... Finn can’t take that. It’s doing effective damage!” And then I was proved wrong. I was half expecting that maybe somehow Leif was actually able to one-shot the knight but nope. Just have Finn hold on to dear life by the skin of his teeth.

On 9/29/2018 at 11:12 PM, mcsilas said:

@Cute Chao  @Zeo @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria @Vaximillian @NegativeExponents- @eclipse @Nanima @Usana @Ginko @Anacybele @Rezzy

So my first assisted solo video- it's Silas vs Saias! Time to defeat the one who confuses people with a similar name!

Team is +Atk/-HP Silas, +Atk/-HP Maribelle, +Atk/-Spd Zelgius and +Def/-Spd PA!Azura.

Music is Main Theme from the Fate Apocrypha soundtrack.

So yeah, Berkut's Lance Silas is fun. Well it helps that Zelgius had Panic Ploy to reverse buffs and Warp Powder to be mobile and manipulate where Saias's AI would go, but there you go. 

Took me a while to realize I was watching a solo. I thought you were just holding off on using the others until later. Shiro/Lukas on horseback is awesome. Yet another example as to why Berkut’s Lance is the best. It’s the Midas touch of resistance turning anyone into a magic wall. And Silas does look cool with it plus his accessory.

51 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Just did all of Saias quests minus the killing Saias with Saias one. This is my first time getting this unit so there was no time to level him. Maybe next time.

You can always just go to Arena Assault with 1 unit. Keep refreshing until you see a Saias in the beginner mode, sometimes they have no weapon.

although Saias has high resistance so you probably need to level your Saias up anyway to do damage. Easiest way is to use crystals.

@NegativeExponents- thanks! Close Def is addicting, it makes you survive so many things you shouldn’t.

believe me I wanted Leif to get the kill and let off that Ignis bomb but the weapon triangle was against him. He can let loose next time.

as for the solo, my original clear only had Maribelle softening the armour knight for Silas, so he was mostly doing the work anyway so i turned it into the solo. The hardest part was controlling where Saias would go and not be trapped, so Zelgius’s Warp Powder really helped out to move to the left in an instant. Oh and it helps he has native Panic Ploy.

@Nanima nice! Mochi Takumi really did some work there, he deserves an award for his support. I wish i had Firesweep Bow, that looks like a fun set on Summer Takumi

@mampfoid ah, brazen Def/Res sounds neat but maybe i’ll hold off until I really need the boost. Very tempting though but i don’t like foddering limited units unless I need to (Berkut was already hard enough to fodder haha)

Edited by mcsilas

6 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

@mcsilas won't work on a non-leved Saias since the quest asks that the enemy Saias be lvl40. And i don't have enought crystal to level him so much.

Today has the ranged training maps on rotation. Drop a Distant Def Sacred Seal on him and park a Physic+ staffie behind him and camp on the bridge.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Today has the ranged training maps on rotation. Drop a Distant Def Sacred Seal on him and park a Physic+ staffie behind him and camp on the bridge.

Thanks, will try. Maybe i can get him to 40 on 1 or 2 bottles.

Edit: Did it! Thank's to Mae's Blue Tome Exp it took less than half a hour and 59 stamina to level Saias to 40 and complete the quest.

Edited by RexBolt

20 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Sorry you are having a BS period, that will hopefully end soon! 

Rusty spoon next seasonal weapon? 

Thanks, I hope so too!

I'd pull for that.

20 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ha, nice start with Vantage and instant Draconic Aura (?). I like infantry pulse shenanigans. Cool you've made NY!Takumi an armor killer, secret boss lance knight didn't stand a chance. Congrats! 

Yep, that was Draconic Aura. Or Fang.. I am not exactly sure anymore haha.. The infantry pulse cost me my last Marisa. Hope she'll be around again at some point. Yeah, my team always has the most trouble with the armours since they don't have any magic user among them.

17 hours ago, mcsilas said:

nice! Mochi Takumi really did some work there, he deserves an award for his support. I wish i had Firesweep Bow, that looks like a fun set on Summer Takumi

Oh he does indeed. If I can beat the LHB that gives the golden version of his hair pin, I'll be sure to give it to him like a medal. And yeah, they so are. Pulling Faye was a great stroke of luck indeed.

18 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Sorry I’m a millennia late but I’m finally getting around to some comments.

Just like @mcsilas said, those Celicas surprised me with their bulk. Like, the sword infantry ones can actually take some punishment but then there’s OG Celica who almost got KOed by the mage cav despite having the triangle advantage. They’re all nukes for sure though with them ORKOing everyone except the archer.

I was not mentally prepared for what I was about to hear in that Oliver clear. I had to rewatch it because I was too busy laughing to pay attention. There really should have been a warning.

Anyway, it’s so cool to see your team shaping up. Oliver being able to panic the mage was surprising. Enemies tend to have such an inflated hp stat that I never really think panic ploy can be useful. And warping googly glasses Walhart is the best.

The most extreme thing about it was going from high energy rave music in one video to sweet classical Italian in the other. I liked the first one though. While classical is fine by me but it is a bit jarring for the video. It was very fitting for Oliver though and I also like imagining that Walhart was the one singing.

Glad you liked them, also happy Oliver's clear gave you a laugh. I'll continue to do them, but I don't know if I can get both Hector and Tikis maps done tomorrow with those teams. 

Yeah, the glasses were just made for Walhart. He also has got the posture of a great tenor, perhaps he is a singer after all (singing Walhart alt please). 

I keep trying tracks for the clears, perhaps I'll find something more fitting for Oliver & co. 

49 minutes ago, Nanima said:

The infantry pulse cost me my last Marisa. Hope she'll be around again at some point. Yeah, my team always has the most trouble with the armours since they don't have any magic user among them.

At least I'm not alone sacrificing rare units. 

This is officially the FIRST GHB that i have done 100%.

I just finished it on Infernal after a hell of a lot of tries and seal switching.

In the end the final awanser i needed for the Guidance Sword Wyvern + Lance Armor duo was killing the armor with B!Eprahim, then sealing atk/def of the sword flier with L!Ike and then dancing Eprahim for the kill! 

I know I'm past late, but I still wanted to do this.

@Hilda Seeing you beat this map with an SI'less Askr trio makes me feel really bad about how much trouble I was having doing a themed clear or even my Morgan clear. I know Veronica is fantastic but still...

@mampfoid There Celica goes not caring about the weapon triangle again. I blinked and it was over. Considering the boss of this map, that's saying something. The music caught me by surprise, but it wasn't bad.

OH GOD WHY THE MUSIC. Seriously had this been any other clear I would have wanted to rip my hair out. But it was so unbelivably fitting for Oliver that I had to hold my tongue. The Archer's rightful sentiment of "Omg Killhimkillhimkillhimkillhim" towards Oliver trying to off him as soon as possible only for Oliver to go "Nope!" with that OHKO legit made me laugh in real life. Beautiful indeed.

@mcsilas Why does Silas' horse do that little hop before he attacks... only he does that. I didn't think it would bother me but it does...

Anyways, I never would have thought to put Berkut's Lance+ on him but it works. He hits like a truck and is built like one too so the RES could only help. He took literally every single hit including an effective weapon. Music was epic as always and awesome clear. I see that SS! Here's hoping you can +10 him when he demotes. He's probably my favorite Lance Cav in the game now other than Oscar and Ephraim even though he's from a game I've never played.

Nice Thracia clear as well! You were reading my mind. You don't see Finn often so it was refreshing to see him. Clutch survival with 1HP as well. I had to watch twice as I watched the one with no music, worth it though. 

@Rafiel's Aria @Quintessence @NegativeExponents- @Alexmender @Poimagic @Ginko @eclipse

I was going to do a themed clear of this map with Swordhardt, Ishtar, Deirdre and Ethlyn but my heart wasn't in it and I eventually missed my window. I did swing the Morgan clear though.

Was very tricky figuring out how to deal with this initially. Priscilla takes Genny's spot as the headliner for this clear, the key to surviving turn 1 however was Vantage on M!Morgan which wound up crucial. After that it was pretty much Priscilla's show. Not much else to say. Morgan's a better tactician than Matthew and maybe even Saias. His strategy was superior! With with a specific track for nostalgia purposes.

And here's the old Matthew clear.

Spoiler

G'Night guys.

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

mampfoid There Celica goes not caring about the weapon triangle again. I blinked and it was over. Considering the boss of this map, that's saying something. The music caught me by surprise, but it wasn't bad.

Still trying to find a style for her. Perhaps I'll use some more tracks like this again, but I think for Ishtars map I'll try something totally different. 

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

OH GOD WHY THE MUSIC. Seriously had this been any other clear I would have wanted to rip my hair out. But it was so unbelivably fitting for Oliver that I had to hold my tongue. The Archer's rightful sentiment of "Omg Killhimkillhimkillhimkillhim" towards Oliver trying to off him as soon as possible only for Oliver to go "Nope!" with that OHKO legit made me laugh in real life. Beautiful indeed.

Hey that's a great track by Pavarotti. Try playing that while serving a cup of coffee to your girl in the morning. ;-)

Glad you liked it! 

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

I did swing the Morgan clear though.

[...]

His strategy was superior! 

Indeed, it was! I liked the opening with Priscilla attacking and Morgan tanking. Perhaps Priscilla's vanilla Panic would have worked even better (in the beginning at least), but she really gets a lot of kills. Congrats!  

@Zeo Nice! That Vantage+Luna was really clutch but having it be planned makes it all the more impressive. Then again Priscilla was the MVP this time with that disgusting Pain+ with double Savage Blow combo which is as strong as ever. 

@Zeo Gotta love the trusty healer Miracle shield. My heart skipped a bit when I saw you place Priscilla in front of that flier. Talk about living on the edge. And that Pain staff sure works wonders...she'll ease your pain indeed.

Love the music, where is that from?

As for the Silas horse thing.. really? I never actually noticed or compared. Hope it doesn't bother you too much whenever you get him heh

Yeah Berkut's Lance is so fun to use. I have better footage of Silas really using it to surprising effect in my later Nohr Garon GHB clears. Seeing those clears just made me reassured that sacrificing Berkut for him was a really good decision. Even in Arena, I'm surprised when Silas survives the likes of Brave Ephraim and some dragons...I mean yeah arena bonus stats but still impressive.

As for the SS, my last support was LA Hector and I haven't been using him much anymore after L!Hector was a thing, so I felt the need to switch it. Still not sure who his Ally Support will be though.

Edited by mcsilas

• 10 months later...

Backlog time!

@Zeo @Landmaster @Ginko @mampfoid @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @NegativeExponents- @Rafiel's Aria

The tactician Saias is back, so I put some of my newest tacticians to test their skills. Also I'm sort of counting Byleth as one because I need a melee unit  because his tactics gets praised a bit by a few units when I played, so close enough.

Team is +Spd/-Res Male Morgan, +Atk/-Spd Female Morgan, +Spd/-Def Soren and +Def/-Spd Male Byleth

Music is Saxophone Under the Moon (Iori Team) from the King of Fighters XIV

- Trying to bait the blade mage is risky, but luckily enough Morgan has the perfect Dull Ranged in his native skill set, although he needed some Drive support to survive both the mage (being -Res) and also the sword cav. 

- Female Morgan was doing her usual mobile Ploy support but also needed to do some face tanking and keep the Drag Back cav busy. Flier movement was also useful since there was limited space for retreat strategies.

- Soren had to ditch his Wind's Brand for a bit since he had to tank the Brave Bow archer with a Raven Tome for a bit, since my team was running out of space to retreat. Too many squishy mage tacticians!

- ...which is why Byleth was MVP in this map, since no one could damage Saias in ranged combat. Also being +Def helped him later against the Drag Back cav, surviving with 1 health.

On 8/12/2019 at 4:23 PM, mcsilas said:

The tactician Saias is back, so I put some of my newest tacticians to test their skills. Also I'm sort of counting Byleth as one because I need a melee unit  because his tactics gets praised a bit by a few units when I played, so close enough.

Doesn't teach Byleth tactics? You could call it advanced tactic class.

Funny, my Byleth is -DEF (which hurts his tanking ability in AR/arena. 

That fridge in the end took his time to die. Many close survivals again, Byleth is doing a great show. 

@mcsilas Nothing but callbacks in this clear. Considering the layout of the map, without Gravity+ antics or dancers  there are very few ways of initiating on this map that don't involve being forced to deal with the red and green cav antics, so I expected that. I wasn't expected to be hit in the nostalgia the way I was though. So many callbacks to my old Matthew clear here. From using a swordie to deal with Saias, to a green raven tome to bait the brave bow archer. Even the music itself being from a series loved from childhood. 

Of course the clear was impressive, but I started rambling on. 

@mampfoid @Alexmender @Landmaster @Nanima @NegativeExponents- @SatsumaFSoysoy @Hilda @Usana @daisy jane @Quintessence 

Serra takes another stroll through time and revisits a GHB of old. I had to come back to this one because this map was one of the ones that showed that the Matthew clears weren't just about Matthew. That his team supported eachother and that there would be times where everyone would have a chance to shine. This map stands today as Genny's biggest spotlight. Even as Matt is the monster he is today he would never have got there without his team to help carry him through all these maps. I would have lost the patience for it, I'm certain.

I'm not going to do this too often out of the sheer fact that Serra's team facerolls most of these maps too hard. It's not even interesting in most cases. This was one of the few exceptions, plus it forced me to run a seal I never run in order to clear it.

If you pay attention, you'll noticed the music is just a bit familiar. If you don't realize it, watch the other Saias clears of mine~

@Zeo I liked the showdown between Serra and Saias. The other units were swatted away like pesky insects ("hit me with your little sword, wait until I get CC!"). 

Can only imagine how this team blows away most other Infernal maps.