Grand Hero Battle - Saias: Bishop of Flame (April 17th~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screenshot_20180417-152739.png

Believe it or not, the TA2 I inherited onto Cecilia way back for the R&L BHB was the reason why I was able to succeed: otherwise, Saias’ Glacies was deadly.

I also switched back to Vantage on Xander (and gave him QR3 seal instead of usual CD3 or DD3).

I love my horses.

Oof infernal was pretty difficult, but after trying several different combinations I finally had my team of Roy/Reinhardt/Gordin/Raigh beat this chapter.

Its been a long time since I used the skill, but rally attack actually proved to be the key to winning this map for me, helping to take out 3 different units. It helped Roy kill the sword cavalry on the counter with draconic aura, it helped deathblow 3/strength +3 Gordin one round Saias and it helped Rein one round the brave bow archer.

Cyas shows up looking to outdo his dad. I'm not sure he can do that with this stage.

Hard was cleared with D!Ike, M!Robin, Sonya and Nephenee. Lunatic switched out D!Ike for Roy because Roy could actually tank the mage and cav and Elise because she has more speed, though M!Robin did most of the work that time. In Infernal, I decided to go with Witch!Nowi, Newzura, Newmilla and Valter. It was the easiest infernal GHB in ages, I only had to retry once. Helps that there's an easy avenue of attack for Witch!Nowi, though the mage did complicate matters with his ridiculous res.

Sigurd was my only unit that could survive the green mage and the sword guy on Infernal. I tried baiting Saias with Gunnthra and he punched right through. Titania's Emerald Axe+ shut him down, and since I had DC on her, she proceeded to wipe him out.

Took a couple tries on Infernal with my usual flier team, but it wasn't too bad once I paid attention. Planning on upgrading him this weekend, because he's cool and I can't say no to a second Arvis.

Map title is weird, yeah.

4 hours ago, Ginko said:

@Zeo @mcsilas Took me 2 tries, the first one go without Distance Def seal so my Azura got fried lol. Hope you guys enjoy this one too.

Nice! Yeah that Glacies really hurts.

on my second account I used L!Ike with Distant Def seal to bait after some Spd Ploy/Atk Ploy support from my Deirdre. Two can play the Ploy game!

Axura and Klein rounded out the team and Deirdre’s Ardent Sacrifice also helped out

Crept up the left side of the map with my fliers and managed to get in and out hitting the archer with Hit and Run Elincia and a chain of Repositions to get back down. It wasn't too bad to clean up the rest of the map with her and Cordelia afterwards.

I don't think I'm going to promote Saias. Ploys are nice but I really use Arvis for his constant Arden Sacrifice heals in CCs and TTs, with his ploys just being a bonus. It's too bad Saias doesn't get a special skill too. Speed Ploy fodder will be great for some later projects I'd like to work on though, like Felicia.

39 minutes ago, Othin said:

Planning on upgrading him this weekend, because he's cool and I can't say no to a second Arvis.

On it already!

Screenshot_20180417-201554.png

If only Saias came with Iceberg instead of Glacies.

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

On it already!

Screenshot_20180417-201554.png

If only Saias came with Iceberg instead of Glacies.

Nice. Personally, I like to save my upgrades for weekends, for the SP bonus.

Took about... 4 tries to figure out what to do?

Try 1 and 2: Attempted with WE!Tharja, WE!Robin, HNY!Azura, and Lucius. Tharja was supposed to tank the two cavalry, but all attempts failed because they just do too much damage.

Try 3: Switched over to my Blade Fliers team (ToD!Nowi, FeMorgan, Catria, and HNY!Azura) and chose to first attack the archer with a boosted Nowi (one hit was all it took) and let the Green Mage Cav suicide on her (left her with 10 hp). The next turn was spent getting Nowi back to the group and setting up to wipe out the rest of them... which failed because the flier Guidanced Saias right into Nowi.

Try 4: See above, but Nowi was put in a position where Saias couldn't reach her, or for that matter any of my flier girls. Nowi was able to Bladetome Desperation kill Saias, Morgan handled the Sword Wyvern, and Azura had to tank a hit from the Lance Knight after dancing Nowi away from combat. From there, everyone simply struck the Knight until he was dead.

Man, it's such a great thing that mages these days have pretty good Res even after Life and Death 3 and even with a Res bane, otherwise Nowi would have been screwed.

This map took one try. Airzura was useful, being the one to tank Lance armor and kill Saias since no one else could. I’ll probably promote him once I’ve promoted both Camus and Blarblade+ for Catria

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Nice. Personally, I like to save my upgrades for weekends, for the SP bonus.

It’s not like I’m not swimming in stamina potions anyway. Also double SP weekend making it not worth it to level up stuff on regular days is the opposite of fun. Every day should be a double SP day.

4 hours ago, Nowi's Husband said:

For my Nowi solo I used Panic Ploy to neuter the bladetome cause it nearly one shotted Nowi, Pivot to get in the tree since going right meant getting blasted with Glacies thanks to Guidance, and Speed +3 to double Saias on initiation since there's no way to survive getting hit.

Thanks for that reminder that Panic Ploy exists. Probably wouldn't have beaten it without it. First try too.

Screenshot_20180417-084824.png

This took a couple tries. Would have been only 2 but I got stuck getting my Myrrh killed because of forgetting Chill Res was a thing.

Anyways first try  I used my fire team the same way I did the early ones. Worked up until Myrrh had to tank the archers and Saias. Friggin Glacies just blew Myrrh away. Ok so lets have Myrrh take the green cav since she can bait it and it alone. Worked well, but I moved poorly at one point and ended up having to tank a hit no one could. Pretty obvious what I need to fix it though and if Myrrh could get a couple extra HP to tank the lance armor that would be nice. Myrrh is killed by Green Cav. Myrrh is killed by Green Cav. Myrrh is killed by . . what the sam hell is going on?! Did I imagine her surviving earlier?! How is more RES equaling more dama. . . Oh right, Rallying her Res puts her just above Eirika's Res and thus she gets hit with a massive 7 point debuff. DOH!

Still it wasn't too tough in the end since you didn't have to face a nearly endless stream of reinforcements. I do like being able to play with my units even if they aren't 100% finished yet. Eventually Siegbert needs to learn a positional skill and Desperation 3. Plus maybe a different special.

I only bothered with Hard atm, but I'm levelling him up. I really like his voice and his artwork isn't bad :)

I originally was levelling him with two dancers - Inigo and Azura. Then I realised I'd had a duh moment and switched over to Blue Tome Valor Shigure >.< Thankfully, only a few levels lost. I'm going to get him up to 5* and add him to the waiting team of Leif, Finn and one unknown to train :)

Not looking forward to Lunatic or Infernal...

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

On it already!

Nice, what team will you run him on? 

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid nice! Yeah Wary fighter is annoying- the armour was the last one standing and everyone in my team used up their turn except L!Ike. Good thing Radiant Aether did its job despite the disadvantage.

Until I'll have solved that Zephiel map in one turn, Wary Fighter will haunt me. 

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Nice, what team will you run him on? 

No idea, as usual. I don’t tend to plan my teams in advance; I do what I want to do at the moment.

…I mean, I promoted Serra because I ran out of 5★ healers to gain HM with. Appreciate my brilliance.

As is the case with a lot of crap in this game, I can't win. For some reason, Frederick doesn't survive Saias even though it said he'd only do 42 damage. Frederick has 60 HP. There was no special trigger or anything. Also, this is a really bad map. It puts your units in an area where they can't move much unless they're fliers. Though a lot of maps have this issue.

I'm starting to get rather tired of this. But oh well, not like I care much about this guy anyway. I know nothing about him.

Edited by Anacybele

A F2P solution for Infernal by Brotel, featuring Fjorm as the token five-star, Olivia, Lissa, Zephiel, Spur Atk 1, and Panic Ploy 1 seals:

Spoiler: Lissa and the lance knight dance a lot.

Edited by Vaximillian