New Event: Grand Conquests

Coolmanio

17 hours ago, Johann said:

I'm checking the notes again, but it's not clear whether we maintain our Tier for the whole run or restart it every 2 days. Kind of a problem in either event because it means either we have to grind to get the tier back again, or that we'll need to burn through stamina recharges to get it sooner and won't have as many for the final rounds. People who have stamina to burn in the final round of each match will be the ones tipping the scales.

I'm inclined to think it's the same tier for the whole run of the event, as otherwise many people would ever hit Tier 20.

Aye... although if you raise a tier, you start giving a tiny amount of your score to the areas around you, so I'm wondering if that's worth it, or if I should save. 

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Aye... although if you raise a tier, you start giving a tiny amount of your score to the areas around you, so I'm wondering if that's worth it, or if I should save. 

It gets as high as 50%, so I wouldn't call that tiny.

Personally, I'm shooting for Tier 20 this time around just in case it doesn't carry over, but if it does, I'll probably save my spears longer on future events.

Just now, Othin said:

It gets as high as 50%, so I wouldn't call that tiny.

Personally, I'm shooting for Tier 20 this time around just in case it doesn't carry over, but if it does, I'll probably save my spears longer on future events.

That's true, but since my scores aren't huge, it starts off small. 

I'm trying to aim for Tier 20, but I feel I won't hit it. My outrealm has been pretty balanced, with no one taking or losing many that they don't get back in the next round. 

I kinda like it, but rival domain battles take super long and get tiring after a bunch in a row. My outrealm is balanced so far but I can see how quickly one team or two can dominate the map and make it hard for comebacks. Hopefully this mode gets tweaked a bit for balance and convenience.

So in my Outrealm, Alphonse went from having 2 territories to having 18 in like 3 rounds. Meanwhile on Team Anna we have never gotten above 11 or 12 I think. Mostly we have had 5-7. And then there is Sharena who hasn't been below 11 since the initial round when everyone had 10.

Aside from the map needing a pretty big overhaul, I'm still enjoying this. It would be nice if we could get more Conquest Lances from other means, but having it be so limited is probably the best.

I have a pretty good starting 8 set up, and I can consistently clear maps on the Infernal difficulty in 7-8 turns. I have been only using my own units as well.

Outrealm 1226 reporting serious losses on Anna's side. The score says 9:14:7. I added some 10k+ scores on the outer nodes from leveling my GC Tier so that should hopefully stabilize these nodes (probably not though).

Is GC Tier bound to a Battle or is it for the entire event? If it is the later I would suggest anyone below Tier 20 to get a move on otherwise they are going to miss some Orbs (which you never want to miss obviously). I did a couple of battles with full stamina which sky-rocketed my GC Tier from 11 all the way up to 20.

I think it's better to make peace with a certain Area count instead of trying to expanding or following other's attacks. You just have too many idiots in your team that have no idea what they are doing so it's better to focus on easy choke points and secure a stable Area count. Anna's team can secure 7 areas if you put some full stamina runs into it. However Sharena's team has it way easier with that SE isle which can be held at a single node. They really should hire someone who has an idea about map design.

Plus due to the flaws of RD you don't want to do multiple runs anyway so that seems like the strategy to focus on.

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

Hard to say, I mean if we get more stamina recharge items tomorrow for the next battle, then I'd say yeah go ahead. At the very least, you'd want to use them closer towards the final round, as your work will be undone by enemy players who are also burning through stamina. I'll probably save 4 rechargies for now because I don't like the prospect of not having any for the next few days.

3 hours ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Whoah, it's a small world it seems, I'm in the same Outrealm and team as you; Anna @#52. 

I'm the Ilia with the Ryoma (soon to be switched to LA!Lyn due to RD armour time).

Haha, well met! I've send you a friend request (mampfoid, Cordelia lead), just in case we get any advantage having friends in the same Outrealm and team (even if it seems unlikely). 

@Rezzy@Cute Chao@Zeo@Tactician_Iris@Alexmender@Tybrosion@Momentai~@Anacybele@Usana

Updated Cain to have Galeforce. With Wings of Mercy, he'll cover ground like nobody else. Hope it helps, and if you guys are looking for me to change my C skill (currently Drive Spd), lemme know

edit: if anyone else needs me, the number is 3589968470

Edited by Johann

3 minutes ago, Johann said:

@Rezzy@Cute Chao@Zeo@Tactician_Iris@Alexmender@Tybrosion@Momentai~@Anacybele@Usana

Updated Cain to have Galeforce. With Wings of Mercy, he'll cover ground like nobody else. Hope it helps, and if you guys are looking for me to change my C skill (currently Drive Spd), lemme know

Thanks. He's been good so far :D 

I've currently changed to a Zelgius with QR and WoM if you want him. He's unmerged, though, which in this mode feels like it's mattering more...

9 minutes ago, Johann said:

Cool, I've found the Cavalry to be the most fun when it's loaded with buffs.  Infantry and Fliers are good, but Armor is downright painful.

Has anyone been using my Titania?  I noticed it says I've helped 506 Friends.

21 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Cool, I've found the Cavalry to be the most fun when it's loaded with buffs.  Infantry and Fliers are good, but Armor is downright painful.

What's your friend code?

For the people who I am helping, what skills do you want on my Eirika?

Just now, Clogon said:

What's your friend code?

For the people who I am helping, what skills do you want on my Eirika?

Mine is 9224438060.  What's your name and lead?

I don't know about everyone else but I like this mode despite being on the losing side. Sharena owns the map in outrealm 483.

Losing is frustrating but always winning is boring. This mode has piqued my interest because of the higher than normal difficulty.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Mine is 9224438060.  What's your name and lead?

Clogon and Eirika.

Edit:

I can sub to a +6 Wings of mercy Heavy Blade Rein if anyone needs instead.

Edited by Clogon

13 minutes ago, Clogon said:

I don't know about everyone else but I like this mode despite being on the losing side. Sharena owns the map in outrealm 483.

Losing is frustrating but always winning is boring. This mode has piqued my interest because of the higher than normal difficulty.

Clogon and Eirika.

Edit:

I can sub to a +6 Wings of mercy Heavy Blade Rein if anyone needs instead.

Okay, I accepted your quest.  It's funny, but the map I was spamming is now the only Sharena tile surrounded by Alfonse on Outrealm 653.

Damn, it seemed like we were bringing it back today, but just as with last night it looks like team Alfonse has gone to sleep. Both Sharena and Anna are relatively uncontested taking our areas this and the last hour. Hope somebody besides myself drops some stamina before we end up closing out the round backed into our base.

It's weird because my team had a slight lead all day, and now everyone seems to have gone to bed or something like that and we're losing every single one of the areas we're contesting. Fun times.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I use her in my starting line up, with a full cavalry team + Azura. She pulls tremendous weight with Distant Counter, and WoM has been vital to a number of my strategies.

Recently built a Priscilla with Dazzling Pain+, Heavenly Light, WoM3 and double Savage Blow 3. If anyone wants to take her for a spin, throw me a request at 9617014594.

Update on 241: Alfonse's over-extension... has not really caused him any significant long-lasting issues. At worst, we're now all approximately even with Anna slightly in the lead.

26 minutes ago, Johann said:

I use her in my starting line up, with a full cavalry team + Azura. She pulls tremendous weight with Distant Counter, and WoM has been vital to a number of my strategies.

Cool.

It seems this mode naturally will meet a stalemate, since anyone who got a big lead would become overextended.

2 hours ago, Johann said:

Thanks! He's done a splendid job now!

I changed my Eirika seal to Def Ploy because Tactics skills aren't very useful here. Hope she helps a lot more now!

If anyone else wants to try my Eirika+9 my number is in the signature but in case it's not readable it is: 2965238929. Just ping me to know I added you.