New Event: Grand Conquests

Coolmanio

The score over in Outrealm 2423 is currently 5-8-17, but Team Sharena is poised to take up to 4 more nodes (all from Team Anna) at the end of the round if the other teams can't mount enough of a resistance. Team Alfonse is potentially taking 2 nodes from Team Anna, as well.

Still a snore fest, but I probably have another three or so more matches I can contribute (at ~4 lances per match).

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable. When I went to sleep last night Anna had 19 territories. Now, Sharena has 13, Alfonse as 14 and Anna has 3. So basically everyone that was on team Anna either burned their stamina or went to sleep like me and she sandbagged the latter half of this round.

Sucks that at one point the reward was 7k feathers and now It'll probably be 2-3k like last time if even that. I hate how random this mode is. It's fun in theory but it definitely needs to be tweaked.

19 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Unbelievable. When I went to sleep last night Anna had 19 territories. Now, Sharena has 13, Alfonse as 14 and Anna has 3. So basically everyone that was on team Anna either burned their stamina or went to sleep like me and she sandbagged the latter half of this round.

Sucks that at one point the reward was 7k feathers and now It'll probably be 2-3k like last time if even that. I hate how random this mode is. It's fun in theory but it definitely needs to be tweaked.

You could be me and have this staring you in the face. 

Spoiler

d7iIyBl.png?1

And for an extra layer of misery, I pretty much can't do anything to stop this as you can see. 

If IS intended for this mode to be fun, then they failed miserably as far as I'm concerned. Far too many things about it clearly weren't thought through all the way.

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

You could be me and have this staring you in the face. 

Reveal hidden contents

d7iIyBl.png?1

And for an extra layer of misery, I pretty much can't do anything to stop this as you can see. 

If IS intended for this mode to be fun, then they failed miserably as far as I'm concerned. Far too many things about it clearly weren't thought through all the way.

If nothing changes, we're poised for 20 Medals/1 Coin/1,300 Feathers and 60 Medals/2 Coins/1,900 Feathers, respectively.

We may as well be in the same Outrealm.

17 minutes ago, Zeo said:

If nothing changes, we're poised for 20 Medals/1 Coin/1,300 Feathers and 60 Medals/2 Coins/1,900 Feathers, respectively.

We may as well be in the same Outrealm.

Yup. And I also like how when I am able to make a contribution and try to sway a territory in my team's favor, more often than not someone from the rival team makes a bigger contribution and renders mine pointless. I say this because that literally just happened and Sharena of 1845 is still on track to only have their HQ for Round 19 too.

Edit: And literally five seconds later, another Team Sharena member bumped that territory I fought in back in our favor.

Edited by Tybrosion

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yup. And I also like how when I am able to make a contribution and try to sway a territory in my team's favor, more often than not someone from the rival team makes a bigger contribution and renders mine pointless. I say this because that literally just happened and Sharena of 1845 is still on track to only have their HQ for Round 19 too.

Edit: And literally five seconds later, another Team Sharena member bumped that territory I fought in back in our favor.

I'm on the cooldown right now. I'll end up having the stamina for one last big contribution tonight. Though I doubt it'll mean much. We'll have probably around 5-7 territories tonight if the Anna players wake up. That could be overshooting though cause I'm really not that hopeful.

https://imgur.com/a/zLgIo

I thought Anna would slow down but she is still keeping her lead. Every time we gain a node, Anna takes it right back while somehow also warding off Alfonse. It's crazy. I am hoping that they are using conquest lances to keep up this show of brute force. At this point I feel like most of team Sharena stopped participating. Maybe we will come together in the last few hours. We're just biding our time now. Yeah, that's it...

I feel like the best way to encourage more consistent participation would be to give rewards at three times during each battle, with the biggest being the one at the end. They would also have to increase the stamina regen rate though. 

Outrealm 2187

Looks like Anna players woke up. 100k in every territory near the base with the one below that still having a 40k lead. We'll be taking some land back before this ends it seems. I'm going to have to be smart about where I place my score. It'll be one 8-11k point drop in a single area with half of that dispersing to neighboring territories. 

Oh, wow. It's currently 3-12-15 here, and Team Sharena seems poised to gain another 3 nodes off of Team Anna, though we might lose one to Team Alfonse. Team Alfonse also looks like they'll take 2 of Team Anna's nodes, too.

That'd put things at 5-15-10 if Team Sharena keeps the node being contested with Team Alfonse and 6-14-10 if not.

I suppose I'll help out next round since I'm almost full on lances again.

12 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

You can say it's strategic, but since you can often autobattle your way to completion or near completion, depending upon luck of the draw, it doesn't feel it as much to me. I think my main problem is the maps are big and endless, so I find them dull. I have to strain to see what I'm doing on my small phone screen, mistakes are easier to make unless I click on to the tap to end turn mode that I have avoided so far, and even then, you can clear all the enemies away only to have more teleport in, since the enemy gets reinforcements quicker. It's just disheartening and dull for me. I don't have any +10 units, nor do I want them, since I'd rather focus on getting one of everyone to 5*. I have some friends with high merges, but it means I can't even use my own units for this mode - I just rely on my friends'.

Honestly, I'm glad autobattle is a thing or I wouldn't bother with this mode at all.

You will never be able to get a good score while auto-battling on Infernal. Enemies respawn and warp the same exact way that your units do.

10 hours ago, XRay said:

I can only manage to get two camps if I am lucky on Infernal even with 5*+10 units. I usually manage to only take and hold one enemy camp.

What types of unit do you use? I use a mix of armors, fliers, ranged cavalry, lolis, 1 healer, and HNY!Azura.

My strategy is to let my armor push into one camp so all the enemies rush to that camp, leaving the second camp undefended, then I use my cavalry units to rush the second undefended camp and take it over. However, I cannot really do that on some maps due to the map layout.

My starting 8 is 3 Cavalry (Gunnthra, B!Lyn, Sigurd), 4 Infantry (Nowi, Lukas, Genny, PA!Azura), and 1 Flyer (Caeda).

I always try to position Nowi (Aether, Steady Breath, Renewal, QR seal) near a camp so she can kill them all on the Enemy phase. Naga tomes and certain Greens might prevent this so then Caeda can wait 2 spaces from the warp tiles to kill all of the enemy mages. Both a Naga tome and a Brave bow on the same map would give me issues since Caeda has the Guidance seal, but Naga tome have been pretty rare. PA!Azura is usually waiting 2 spaces away from the unit who is doing the baiting with her Drive Res 2 and Drive Def 2 seal for defensive support. If I get lucky and all of the enemies are  melee units, my super tank Lukas can be the one doing the baiting. While, hopefully, all of the enemies suicide on turn 1, My 3 Cavalry wait on the edge of the enemies attack range to rush in and take a camp.

Best case scenario I take a camp on turn 2, sometimes it takes until turn 3 or 4 if things aren't going well. Once the first camp is down I set up to do the same with the 2nd camp if there is one. Once all camps are taken, I move in on the enemy base.

Genny has Gravity + with the razzle dazzle combo and double Savage Blow. Aside from turn 1 PA!Azura will almost always be refreshing Genny. This makes it extremely easy to clear out the enemy when they bunch up as long as I target enemies that Genny can kill. The ones that are left are significantly weakened. Caeda has Galeforce which often allows her to kill an enemy and then get a hit on a camp or just kill 2 enemies. I really should use more Galeforce. I have been thinking of swapping Sigurd out for Brave Roy.

My Outrealm also has Sharena stuck in the middle with the least area and Alphonse and Anna have had around 15. Alphonse keeps gaining more though and Sharena only seems to want to attack Anna's nodes. It's really annoying because Alphonse is most likely going to finish with 16+ and the rest will be split between us and Sharena.

Edited by Hawk King

RIP Alfonse was doing good, but now the other teams started to invade hardcore. I'm pretty sure he'll lose a ton more territories to Sharena during this match. I can only hope he makes some sort of a comeback during the last few matches. 

Well, things got quite interesting in my outrealm. Round 21 just started and right now it seems like this can be anyone's game. 

The score is at 10-8-12 which puts Sharena at a disadvantage but not very big so we can always bounce back to get more territories.

Still, I'll wait until the last round starts to burn my last 2 lances (where did I got them I don't know, last time I checked I had 1).

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Tybrosion We've moved up to 6 Territories now. Everyone was definitely sleep.

And for what it's worth, my Team Sharena has managed to claw back to 5. Though naturally, whether or not we can at least hold steady there remains to be seen.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

And for what it's worth, my Team Sharena has managed to claw back to 5. Though naturally, whether or not we can at least hold steady there remains to be seen.

Anna is at 10 now. We've come back. Looks like I may be getting the same 3k feathers I got last time. Not complaining though. With the leftover Chain Challenges and the HM farming from the GHBs, I can bring a lot of feathers in if I put in the time.

Here at Outrealm 1904, the current score is 18 Alphonse, 9 Sharena, and 3 Anna. As part of Alphonse army I hope we can keep it together and reach 20 areas before closing time. Since that is the amount for the maximum award. Anything pass that leaves the army in danger of counter attacks.

So I think I've figured out how the Cooperation Bonus works. It's a direct multiplier towards scores for your team in an area, including the base value (5000 if you own it) and spillover from allies battling in neighboring areas. Each extra Troop (past the first) increases the multiplier by an added 10%, so having 2 Troops means a x1.2 multiplier, and 4 troops is x1.4 multiplier. If anyone wants to help solidify these findings, by all means.

With this in mind, even a single low scoring fight can help tip a battle in favor of your team. Players who toss a single stamina into a several areas can be contributing a fair amount if the scores there are already quite high.

5 hours ago, Momentai~ said:

https://imgur.com/a/zLgIo

I thought Anna would slow down but she is still keeping her lead. Every time we gain a node, Anna takes it right back while somehow also warding off Alfonse. It's crazy. I am hoping that they are using conquest lances to keep up this show of brute force. At this point I feel like most of team Sharena stopped participating. Maybe we will come together in the last few hours. We're just biding our time now. Yeah, that's it...

I feel like the best way to encourage more consistent participation would be to give rewards at three times during each battle, with the biggest being the one at the end. They would also have to increase the stamina regen rate though. 

This is happening to my Shareena team too, after it already happened to me when I was on team Anna. If I get a total of 2k feathers from two the rounds from this garbage, I'm going to be seething. 

I understand that this is basically a beta run (and think it has great potential), but this whole experience has left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Edited by SlipperySlippy

My God... everyone on team Anna woke up (which I guess means most ppl on this team are on different timezones.).

We've got all the way to 11 territories and we're poised to get more in the next round. Jesus.

A blow to the head like that is worth two in the bush, so I'm going ahead and burning all my crests on this set and hoping everyone else is more or less in the same position for the final set. Besides, I might end up being shuffled over to the worst team with no hope of having a meaningful influence so it's better to just take what I can get now.

As team Alfonse, did a couple of battles on the penultimate round to secure some vital crossroads, managed to secure the one on the left to lock Sharena out of any meaningful gains but unfortunately couldn't stop the Anna tide on the other flank. Went from 12-6-12 to 13-2-15 but Anna has the more defensible terrain so it's probably going to be an ugly last hour. Unfortunate because one more tile taken on the right would have secured two tiles permanently, instead we're defending three tiles instead of one.

21 minutes ago, Zeo said:

My God... everyone on team Anna woke up (which I guess means most ppl on this team are on different timezones.).

We've got all the way to 11 territories and we're poised to get more in the next round. Jesus.

Good to hear things have gotten a lot better for you. As for me:

Spoiler

1dHIm76.png?1

[insert "This is fine" meme here]

4 hours ago, Hawk King said:

I always try to position Nowi (Aether, Steady Breath, Renewal, QR seal) near a camp so she can kill them all on the Enemy phase. Naga tomes and certain Greens might prevent this so then Caeda can wait 2 spaces from the warp tiles to kill all of the enemy mages. Both a Naga tome and a Brave bow on the same map would give me issues since Caeda has the Guidance seal, but Naga tome have been pretty rare. PA!Azura is usually waiting 2 spaces away from the unit who is doing the baiting with her Drive Res 2 and Drive Def 2 seal for defensive support. If I get lucky and all of the enemies are  melee units, my super tank Lukas can be the one doing the baiting. While, hopefully, all of the enemies suicide on turn 1, My 3 Cavalry wait on the edge of the enemies attack range to rush in and take a camp.

I see. That is a similar tactic I use, but once I get the other undefended camp with my cavalry units, the camp that my armor units tries to aggro will be swarmed with enemies and take out most of my armor units. I am usually stuck at that point; the enemies solidify their position via teleportation and becomes harder to dislodge since I cannot kill them faster than they can reinforce. I will try it with lolis then instead of armor units and hopefully that might help.

Edited by XRay

Well, the hammer never fell. I guess 2071's Sharena team just completely gave up. I feel bad for them because they might have four properties tops by the end.

One thing I want to see to break an entrenchment that might involve too much setup is someone running Pain and Grav staffers who drop their payload on a clump, get positioned out, then a Vantage unit thrown into the middle of the 1 HP enemies. As long as that Vantage unit can't be one-rounded by the first thing it fights, then only hilarity can ensue. Of course, Firesweep and possibly Brave stuff would derail this strategy.

Looks like luck's against me for this round again as for my Outrealm, Team Alfonse appears to be poised at being dead last (meaning I got put into the dead last team TWICE in the same Grand Conquests event).

Yeah, the comeback mechanic doesn't really work because of the baseline 5000 points that are needed to take a territory, and the morale of the smallest team is already shattered at that point and no one can be bothered playing. Sharena on my realm has 2 tiles, including her base, and in theory that means the players on her team can focus on a small number of nearby tiles and win by sheer numbers over the other players who spread themselves thin.

Is that happening? Ha, looking at the map right now, two-thirds of the way into the final round, one person on team Sharena has battled exactly once for about 8000 points. Those points plus the splash damage to the adjacent tile represent the only action taken by a member of Team Sharena so far this round.