New Event: Grand Conquests

Coolmanio

At the end we should compile a list of winners. From what I've seen, Alfonse is in first on the vast majority of the boards.  The board territories aren't perfectly symmetrical so I wouldn't be surprised if one team has an advantage.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

It fits in with the overreacting theme of this forum.  It's like, does anyone in this fanbase have a reasonable, healthy opinion on things?  Same thing with the Voting Gauntlet and Tempest Trial.

I'm waiting for the flier emblem/horse emblem bonuses.  My best infantry units are glass cannons and don't fare so well in these 10-unit battles.

I totally agree with you. I think a lot of people should just chill. In regards to fanservice and this mode. So what a few characters have big boobs, what does it matter to your life? So what a gamemode you don't like exists, just don't play it or send it feedback.

5 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

It's like, does anyone in this fanbase have a reasonable, healthy opinion on things?

“Reasonable, healthy opinion on things” is the one that matches yours, do I get it right?

Anna's team in Outrealm 613 here. I like the mode so far, but it is only round 3 of 22. People are over-reacting way too early.

With just a little bit of coordination, 3 or more people on the same team in the same Outrealm could focus on specific nodes and use all of their stamina to take over areas very quickly with knock-outs. So it is probably best that there are only 200 people per team in an Outrealm. As far as the team leader goes, I just look at it as Red, Blue, and Green team.

My teammates could be a little bit smarter (or more active?). We are down to 7 areas but we are attacking really deep into Sharenas territory...

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

My main issue is that the rival domains mode has barely any strategy involved. What's the point of playing a mode made for autobattle?

There is definitely strategy involved in Rival Domains maps. The teleporting just makes it a little bit different. You need to approach a base defensively with Enemy Phase units while putting your offensive units in position to storm the base on the Player Phase when the time is right. I struggled with it at first but in my most recent run, I only lost 1 unit.

Autobattle will only get you poor results on higher difficulties. You need to come up with new strategies for the new maps. Wings of Mercy is going to be good for units who join later, and AoE skills can really help clear out stong enemies that are bunched together.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

“Reasonable, healthy opinion on things” is the one that matches yours, do I get it right?

You know very well that's not what he meant.

26 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Same here. I have no clue what I'm doing,  but I'm just throwing people at the things and hoping I'll accrue enough points to get all the prizes. Don't think I'll manage it, though, since I don't want to play Infernal, so am sticking with Lunatic, and I never seem to be able to finish a map off (I just hold the most forts).

I feel like this mode would be more fun for me if it was more like arena battles (team of 4 vs team of 4) rather than the mindless rival domain battles.

Yeah I agree, 4 vs 4 would be great. How it's now, I just find it too small on a mobile.

Looks like were a fighting other people units. So that would explain why the battles are tougher than in Rival Domains.

These armies can't possibly evenly be evenly matched in numbers.

aaceb1e3b3.jpg

Anna's team has access to only these 2 areas (with F-Morgan and Laslow) yet they're hardly fighting in one and are barely leading in the other. They should theoretically be destroying both areas, assuming equal numbers on all teams. Just, what.

Edited by Raven

8 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I totally agree with you. I think a lot of people should just chill. In regards to fanservice and this mode. So what a few characters have big boobs, what does it matter to your life? So what a gamemode you don't like exists, just don't play it or send it feedback.

The game mode just came out. Why wouldn't you expect people to give their opinion about it? Of course some people may have negative opinions, because of course people will have different opinions. The difference between this and people complaining about fanservice is that this is a new game mode that people are sharing their thoughts about, whereas complaints about fanservice get brought up every single time, and add nothing to the discussion besides just being off topic and bringing the tone of the threads down.

I sincerely hate the argument of if you don't like something, then don't say anything. People may be leaving feedback in addition to getting their thoughts across on the forum. What's the point of a discussion forum if you're going to silence people with opposing views? I'd say negative posts are only a problem if they're negative just for the sake of being negative. Even then, I'd say that's only a problem if the person clearly has a goal to antagonise people in the thread.

6 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

You know very well that's not what he meant.

It pretty much is. You and he are happy with the modes and/or fanservice, and that's fine, but the people who aren't, and don't want it all the time, are allowed to complain. It's not about the big boobs (honestly they wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the ridiculous gaps in armour that is ONLY on female units and painful looking poses designed to show off boob, butt and face... or the lack of underwear on several females with poses designed to show it... Catria...), but this is not the thread for that, and it shouldn't have to descend into another one.

I don't think complaining about a mode is unhealthy, so long as feedback is sent. I'm not sure what to do to improve the mode, so I voice my complaints on here so that hopefully there will be others that agree and might have better ideas than me, at which point I can send feedback in. At the moment, my only way to improve it is to get rid of the large maps, but I'm not sure if that goes against the spirit of the thing, so I'm waiting to see if there are any other ideas to improve the tedium of the actual battles (since I like the idea overall... just not the battles I have to do).

Just now, Frenzify said:

The game mode just came out. Why wouldn't you expect people to give their opinion about it? Of course some people may have negative opinions, because of course people will have different opinions. The difference between this and people complaining about fanservice is that this is a new game mode that people are sharing their thoughts about, whereas complaints about fanservice get brought up every single time, and add nothing to the discussion besides just being off topic and bringing the tone of the threads down.

I sincerely hate the argument of if you don't like something, then don't say anything. People may be leaving feedback in addition to getting their thoughts across on the forum. What's the point of a discussion forum if you're going to silence people with opposing views? I'd say negative posts are only a problem if they're negative just for the sake of being negative. Even then, I'd say that's only a problem if the person clearly has a goal to antagonise people in the thread.

I'm not saying don't say anything. I mean negative posts just to be negative. If people have valid critisisms, keep em coming!

1 minute ago, Raven said:

These armies can't possibly evenly be evenly matched in numbers.

Anna's team has access to only these 2 areas (with F-Morgan and Laslow) yet they're hardly fighting in one and are barely leading in the other. They should theoretically be destroying both areas, assuming equal numbers on all teams. Just, what.

Not everyone is awake or off of work at the same time, and some players might have blown all of their stamina or are saving for a stronger attack.

Holy shit, just checked back in and Alfonse is winning significantly. I'm on team Anna in outrealm 1140. It doesn't look possible for either of the other two teams to win because as soon as I try to reclaim a spot I get Alfonse rushing in to save it and Sharena going in to muck things up. Meanwhile there's a sea of green/blue back and forths that Alfonse is advancing towards.

Darn, so many outrealms in which Alfonse is winning. He was second in mine when I checked at lunch, with Sharena taking the lead. I haven't been able to fight in many battles, though, since I've been working since this thing started. I used a tonne of stamina at once, which I still don't know is good or bad, but I had to use it or lose it.

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I'm not saying don't say anything. I mean negative posts just to be negative. If people have valid critisisms, keep em coming!

And practically everyone who's said why they don't like the mode have provided a reason, so this complaint against the complaints is just needless drama.

1 hour ago, Nightmayre said:

maps skewed heavily over certain unit types

I run infantry, armor, cavalry, and fliers, and I have not noticed one type of movement unit being better than the other since they all serve a slightly different purpose.

Lolis and armor units are crucial in drawing the aggro of enemies towards one enemy camp, while my cavalry wait near the edge of the second enemy camp. Once the enemies teleport towards the lolis and armors, their second camp's defense is pretty pathetic and my cavalry swoop in and nuke the camp down. Fliers are great reinforcements since they can fly over obstacles separating my two armies and can go to which ever side needs more help.

Outside of daggers, I find most Weapon types to be useful. The only problem I find with daggers is that there are no Brave or Firesweep Daggers, so they cannot really do offense that well.

Just now, Frenzify said:

And practically everyone who's said why they don't like the mode have provided a reason, so this complaint against the complaints is just needless drama.

Well so sorry, didn't know everyone is having such a problem.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not everyone is awake or off of work at the same time, and some players might have blown all of their stamina or are saving for a stronger attack.

That would be a reasonable explanation depending on how many people are within each outrealm. The less people, the more likely such lopsidedness scoring will occur.

4 minutes ago, Raven said:

That would be a reasonable explanation depending on how many people are within each outrealm. The less people, the more likely such lopsidedness scoring will occur.

I wonder if they've tried to put people on similar timezones in the same outrealms as each other, or if it was just a first come, first serve basis...

5 minutes ago, Raven said:

Apparently each Outrealm is supposed to have about 600 people, 200 per team.

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

I wonder if they've tried to put people on similar timezones in the same outrealms as each other, or if it was just a first come, first serve basis...

I'm guessing it's just first come first serve considering it would be a little awkward, if say, a lot of people from Japan and it's timezone were playing, and they were heavily outclassing the european players.

5 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I'm guessing it's just first come first serve considering it would be a little awkward, if say, a lot of people from Japan and it's timezone were playing, and they were heavily outclassing the european players.

But they would be on a different timezone to them, so it wouldn't matter too much, would it?

Or do all the outrealms add together anywhere?

I need more of a chance to look at the mode. Like I say, I've been enjoying the style of it... just not so much the actual maps. I don't like the teleporting or how much more random it is (even if you try to bring in area specials and wom... it still feels more random than strategic).

What do people think about something like this but with the normal maps like in arena. Would that be too far in the other direction? I just don't know how to make Rival Domains maps fun at all, but I really want to enjoy this new game mode >.<

Well in outrealm 924 Sharena is kicking butt right now which I am glad about since I am on her team.  Since the spring winds have hit where I live I am stuck inside and I used all my stamina because I am bored so I reached tier 11.   

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

But they would be on a different timezone to them, so it wouldn't matter too much, would it?

Or do all the outrealms add together anywhere?

I need more of a chance to look at the mode. Like I say, I've been enjoying the style of it... just not so much the actual maps. I don't like the teleporting or how much more random it is (even if you try to bring in area specials and wom... it still feels more random than strategic).

What do people think about something like this but with the normal maps like in arena. Would that be too far in the other direction? I just don't know how to make Rival Domains maps fun at all, but I really want to enjoy this new game mode >.<

Yeah I think it would be a lot more fun with just 4v4 battles or summink :D