New Event: Grand Conquests

Coolmanio

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

Yeah I think it would be a lot more fun with just 4v4 battles or summink :D

I'll feed it back as a suggestion. Maybe they can alternate them with each conquest - like have this conquest as Rival Domains for the people who like that, and then the next time, it can be arena style battles, maybe?

I feel more people enjoy normal maps to Rival Domain maps, but then I can only see limited amounts of the consumer base (mostly here and on Reddit) and people are more likely to voice dissatisfaction than satisfaction, so my view might be slanted.

This would have been much more fun for me if they sticked to 4x4 units with reinforcements. Last one standing. Wouldn´t fit with the theme of capturing bases, but oh well. Curious as to what the feedback is shifting towards and how much.

11 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Well in outrealm 924 Sharena is kicking butt right now which I am glad about since I am on her team.  Since the spring winds have hit where I live I am stuck inside and I used all my stamina because I am bored so I reached tier 11.   

917 Team Sharena here, we've got 15 areas while Alfonse and Anna have a 7/8 split for the rest.

I've heard of Outrealms with Alfonse winning and ones with Sharena winning, but I don't think I've heard of any with Anna winning. Is anyone in one of those?

I'm not sure what to think of this mode yet, I believe someone mentioned this is reminiscent of a game of Risk, and I'd agree to a certain extent. A rather modified game of Risk, but still.

Anyway, Feh's sorting hat graciously placed me in Team Anna in Outrealm #52
Well green is my favourite colour so it sort of fits I suppose. 

Our team had a bit of a rough start (last round we had like 3 areas - ouch) but we've reconquered areas. Will see which way the winds of victory will end up blowing (probably  Team Alfonse if their scores so far hold up).

Hm...I wonder if the Pre-registration to this event was due to balancing the number of players in each team, would make sense at any rate.

3 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

I'm not sure what to think of this mode yet, I believe someone mentioned this is reminiscent of a game of Risk, and I'd agree to a certain extent. A rather modified game of Risk, but still.

It’s what happens when Rival Domains had a one-night stand with Risk.

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s what happens when Rival Domains had a one-night stand with Risk.

When two games party hard together, one never knows what's gonna happen.

At least there's no reinforcement bonus based on holding continents of territories like in Risk. 

Wait...We get score bonus to adjacent areas based on our GC tier. That's sort of close.

In realm 1028 it's 18 - 7 - 5 (Alphonse - Sharena - Anna) because Alphonse is a terrible brother who won't let his sister win. Meanwhile it looks like this realm's Anna is soon going to be down to only her base, and the two areas immediately connecting to it.

Edited by Frenzify

I’m on Alfonse. Trying to keep away those pesky Anna reinforcements away from  Area 3. For some reason, I like this more than Rival Domains, though I’m not entirely sure why.

2 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I’m on Alfonse. Trying to keep away those pesky Anna reinforcements away from  Area 3. For some reason, I like this more than Rival Domains, though I’m not entirely sure why.

Maybe more free rewards? There is also the invisible skills you get on certain maps such as armor march, infantry pulse, etc.

Edited by silveraura25

Just now, silveraura25 said:

Maybe the free rewards? There is also the invisible skills you get on certain maps such as armor march, infantry pulse, etc.

Perhaps. Honestly I don’t think the rewards are the reason because they’re kinda shoddy and are earned at such a slow rate. I think maybe due to the fact that this is a competitive event compared to vanilla Rival Domains, so I’m more driven to assist my team whereas Rival Domains feels like a chore.

Outrealm 654 team Alfonse here, things seem to be fairly balanced here at 11-11-8 as of round 4, though Alfonse seems to be losing a bunch of territory soon.

I'm enjoying this more than I expected to. Still not a fan, but the risk style map seems like I'll enjoy it once I can get some heads and tails of its chaos. At first I thought the numbers you see on a node when you zoom in where what determined who'll get the node, but seems to be the total points instead. My main issues with the mode are same as with Rival Domains, as in the battle maps are still very unfun on a small phone screen, plus all the warping makes me dizzy. Also, this looks like to be another one of those "you'll miss out if you don't check in every hour" types like voting gauntlet with the bonus multipliers, which rubs me the wrong way. I prefer to set my gaming pace instead of the game setting it for me.

@SilvertheShadow Could also be that you can do different maps instead of doing the same one 4 times a week. There's also something to be said about this being around only for couple days as opposed to Rival Domains which is always there.

Yeah, I think the Rival Domains style of gameplay has worn out it's welcome with me. All the bullshit teleporting is really starting to get to me.

I got Team Sharena in Outrealm 317, with the score currently being 12-9-9 in Alfonse's favor.

3 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Outrealm 654 team Alfonse here, things seem to be fairly balanced here at 11-11-8 as of round 4, though Alfonse seems to be losing a bunch of territory soon.

I'm enjoying this more than I expected to. Still not a fan, but the risk style map seems like I'll enjoy it once I can get some heads and tails of its chaos. At first I thought the numbers you see on a node when you zoom in where what determined who'll get the node, but seems to be the total points instead. My main issues with the mode are same as with Rival Domains, as in the battle maps are still very unfun on a small phone screen, plus all the warping makes me dizzy. Also, this looks like to be another one of those "you'll miss out if you don't check in every hour" types like voting gauntlet with the bonus multipliers, which rubs me the wrong way. I prefer to set my gaming pace instead of the game setting it for me.

In this mode's defence, you have a stamina gauge that refreshes a single charge every hour (I think), and you can even use them all at once to multiply your score. So it's much less time demanding than the VG, at least, since this is less about voting as often as possible with as many people as possible, and a little more about strategising.

I wanted to like this. Really. I can handle rival domains but when you through bold/vengeful fighter and steady/warding stance on every fucking thing it gets a bit ludicrous*. But by far the worst thing? The enemy isn't limited to the dancer restriction.  Dancers everywhere to dance endless hordes of bold fighters*. . . I would much rather face some units with SI a bit close to what I can manage. I am actually feeling bad having my +8 Sword Eirika up right now. No way in hell can she hold her own in that slaughter house. Amelia might manage a bit better, but the meatgrinding hurts her mobility unless someone is using LOTS of armors.

Anyways this just feels like a meatgrinder like others have said. As a more conservative player that tries to minimize unit loss even when penalties don't exist for such losses, I tend to find this mode quite trying. I actually think autobattle is better with it than I am since it has no concept of self-preservation. So for me this always ends in a draw I can't make a powerful enough push to take anything, but the enemy has a hard time dropping more than 1 or 2 or my units at most. Let alone gain ground on me. So we end up at a stalemate just outside of their camps.

Also editing my brigade to try and find a better working comp has driven me to the conclusion that we need some serious quality of life user interface fixes for editing such large groups if we are to do this. It is most evident when it comes to seals.

As for scoring. Outrealm 1031 is 3/15/12. Alfonse is just getting his arse kicked here.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

917 Team Sharena here, we've got 15 areas while Alfonse and Anna have a 7/8 split for the rest.

I've heard of Outrealms with Alfonse winning and ones with Sharena winning, but I don't think I've heard of any with Anna winning. Is anyone in one of those?

We just jumped up to 21 areas now. Hot damn.

Wonder if this means the other teams have more spear reserves they've been hoarding.

39 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

In this mode's defence, you have a stamina gauge that refreshes a single charge every hour (I think), and you can even use them all at once to multiply your score. So it's much less time demanding than the VG, at least, since this is less about voting as often as possible with as many people as possible, and a little more about strategising.

Oh I absolutely agree it's nowhere near as bad. At most you're missing out on map developments that could help with strategizing (as far as I can see), as opposed to VG where sizable chunk of your rewards are reliant on being able to catch the bonus hours. I think the "2 hours per round" wording drew me into a hasty conclusion on that one.

As of last round change, there was very little change for me, mostly just Anna reclaiming some territory from both royals, making the count 10-9-11. Rather amusingly, Anna has a single node  that's completely surrounded by blue, so that's possible.