Tempest Trials: Thunder’s Fist!

Vaximillian

AnTlVj1.png

Don’t believe that impostor: magic is still everything, and Reinhardt will appear as the final boss for the upcoming Thracia 776-themed tempest trials.

Finn: Lance of Legend will be our tempest reward, and the event will run from the 21st of April till the 1st of May.

The final map is based on Thracia 766 Chapter 22 again:
Screenshot_20180421_151940.png

A host of quality of life improvements for the tempest will be here, which is nice:
Screenshot_20180410-220349.jpg

The list of bonus heroes for the event is, as follows:
IMG_20180418_203523.jpg
Leif: Prince of Leonster, Reinhardt: Thunder’s Sword, Olwen: Righteous Knight, Nanna: Nordion Princess, Seliph: Heir of Light, Reinhardt: Thunder’s Fist, Olwen: Blue Mage Knight, Finn: Lance of Legend.

Notable score rewards are:
1,000 points: 4★ Finn;
6,000 points: Seal Spd 1 seal;
10,000 points: Fortress Def 1 seal;
12,500 points: one earth blessing;
15,000 points: 5★ Finn;
20,000 points: Drive Atk 1 seal.

I’m hyped for your Finns, folks! Are you?

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, that's the same map that was showed up in the today's Feh Channel video for Saias's Grand Hero Battle. I'm kinda surprised that they're reusing the map for the Tempest Trial since Reinhardt and Saias were fought in Thracia 766.

I'm glad it is accurate to the actual map but man disappointed that it's Rinehart and not anyone else. But you know memes hahahahhahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaa

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Could the datamine be wrong about the map? I don't think they'll use the same for GHB and TTs. 

You fight both of them in the same map in the original game. They're positioned quite near each other

The changes to TT are a doozy. If I'm recalling right, 10 days to score 50000 points. All bonus units grant equally high bonuses. And your first two runs make all of your units have uber bonuses? Sounds like fun. Hoping the new rewards list still include a ton of feathers. Hopefully some refining stones or divine dew. And more than one blessing wouldn't go unappreciated.

The maps for Saias’ GHB and this tempest are actually different (really!):

9z6KDxY.png hWm5JrB.png

Which one of these was shown in the stream? I can’t be bothered to rewatch the thing.

Edited by Vaximillian

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The New Year Tempest Trials and Takumi Grand Hero Battle?

They had the same basis (Night Breaks Through), but their layouts slightly differed (placement of walls and breakable walls, Anankumi's version had trenches while the TT version didn't).

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Which one of these was shown in the stream? I can’t be bothered to rewatch the thing.

The one on the right (not-broken bridge) is for Saias's Grand Hero Battle.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The New Year Tempest Trials and Takumi Grand Hero Battle?

Right, forgot about that. The walls are different though. 

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Slight difference like in Takumis map. Good to know, thanks!

7 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

The changes to TT are a doozy.

Reduced stamina costs == me doesn't enter top 5k anymore. 

It's safe to assume that OG!Reinhardt will be a bonus unit here. Nice! He's going to blow everything to pieces which means this TT will be a breeze. More reason to not pull on the Thracia banner hahaha

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

It's safe to assume that OG!Reinhardt will be a bonus unit here.

Considering Meistereinhardt is almost certainly a bonus unit due to being a new unit and we generally don't have two different versions of the same character as bonus units, I don't think we'll have Direinhardt as a bonus unit in this one.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

There's a Dire shortage of Thraccia units, so I'm left with no good guesses for who our newly spruced up toys will be. Just the five new characters feel like a lock.

If I had to guess, it's our 6 dudes (4 banner units, Finn, Saias), Arvis anddddd let's say Seliph

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Considering Meistereinhardt is almost certainly a bonus unit due to being a new unit and we generally don't have two different versions of the same character as bonus units, I don't think we'll have Direinhardt as a bonus unit in this one.

I can see him making it easily. The guaranteed bonuses are Meistereinhardt, Leif, Nanna, Green Olwen (will this one have a shitty title like "Green mage knight" just like her counterpart?) and Finn. That leaves 3 spots left which could be for the TT banner which would consist of: Blue Olwen, Direreinhardt and maybe Seliph because he's featured in Thracia.

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

will this one have a shitty title like "Green mage knight" just like her counterpart?

She’s “Righteous Knight” in the banner trailer.

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

(will this one have a shitty title like "Green mage knight" just like her counterpart?)

In English, she's "Righteous Knight", but in Japanese, she's "緑の魔道騎士", which translates exactly as "Green Mage Knight".

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I got the feeling they'll make Master Sword Rein a pain to take out on the highest difficulty, so I might have to take Nowi along for this trial to...

She's my only TA3 blue with any worthwhile bulk.

Based on the TT landing page banner, it's Dire Thunder Reinhardt, so you'd want a green mage tank if you want to bait him.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

She’s “Righteous Knight” in the banner trailer.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In English, she's "Righteous Knight", but in Japanese, she's "緑の魔道騎士", which translates exactly as "Green Mage Knight".

Right, I spaced out a bit during the trailer so I didn't notice. 

It's still sad that she has that shitty title in Japanese though, but it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Based on the TT landing page banner, it's Dire Thunder Reinhardt, so you'd want a green mage tank if you want to bait him.

If thats the case, then i hate new Rein/Olwen even more if I cant tell the difference from their headshots.

Though this would be a good time to really put my Resilient greens through the ringer...