Bound Hero Battle: The Divine (Tiki & Nowi)

SatsumaFSoysoy

The Caeda clear was easier than expected. I was a little worried about the Swordbreaker mage, but that worry ended up being unfounded.

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, to be fair, Dazzling Pain+ is pretty broken now...

Whaaaaaat?

It still feels a little disappointing, tbh. Pain+ is nasty, sure, but this one was...especially susceptible to it.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how people found a new broken composition, and the maps immediately become “insulting”. Reminds me of “Just use Hector!” or “My +10 Rein and Blyn are wrecking everything, gg, too easy” of the old days.

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

Matthew: ...Get behind me.

@mcsilas @mampfoid @eclipse @Rafiel's Aria @Cute Chao @NegativeExponents- @Infinite Dreams @Quintessence @Ginko @DefaultBeep @Rezzy @Johann @Hilda @Fei Mao @DarkLordIvy @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @Nosmur @Poimagic Tagged a few extra people for this one.

Took a couple of tries. Didn't know how I was going to deal with one of Matthew's core weaknesses but it turned out to be manageable. Nowi had a B skill to shut down Blade tomes and it definitely worked against Matt, but they overcame it. The team stood firm and barely moved the whole battle. I ended up needing to give Matt a RES refinement on his dagger to survive the initial attack. I actually could have given Ayra "Spur RES 3" from a spare Merric and that would have done the trick at a cheaper cost, but whatever. It's not like I use Refining Stones for much of anything anyway. It was pretty cool to see Matt deal with one of his direct counters with help from his team.

If the Dragons had Quick Riposte instead though, this would have been an entirely different battle.

All in all, they crushed it.

Cool, I tried with my Horse Emblem team, but the trees and trenches killed me.  I managed to do beat it with a couple tries with my Flier Emblem team of SCorrin, SCamilla, Hinoka, and Elincia.  On the one hand, costing no stamina is nice, but on the other, I feel less accomplished when I beat it on the first couple tries, since I can just try again forever without wasting any Stamina.

5 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

Used flier emblem of Michalis, Bunnilla, Hinoka and Elincia on hard and lunatic, but I went for a f2p guide for infernal which used Fjorm, Olivia, masked Marth and Lissa but I just used the guide for unit ideas and did the battle on my own.  This one was very easy, which was nice since I did not feel like a challenge. 

Your Flier Emblem team is almost the same as mine, switching Michalis for SCorrin.

@Rezzy I have S!Corrin as well and I trade of between her and Bunnilla since I like melee fliers for most things, but having one mage along is good.  Since I have never pulled Minerva I use her big bro instead.

18 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo @mcsilas @Poimagic @Infinite Dreams @tobuShogi @DLNarshen

One Turn clear, this worked faster than I feared:

Cordelia needed some help with Tiki (Savage blows by Cherche and Ally support by Roy) and Roy had to equip LnD2 instead of LnD3 to survive the Sword Fighter. 

Didn't think Nowi's counter attack would get you that last charge needed to activate GF on Cherche. In both of my clears for this map, Nowi was the last unit to take down so it's impressive seeing her go down on the first turn.

I also find it funny that both of us defeated the green Manakete and Tiki with the same unit(s). 

I didn't plan on it but here are my 2 clears for this map. I thought a cavalry clear would have been impossible due to the trees but it turns out I just needed to tackle this map from the other side. 

Cavalry

Fliers

45 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Didn't think Nowi's counter attack would get you that last charge needed to activate GF on Cherche. In both of my clears for this map, Nowi was the last unit to take down so it's impressive seeing her go down on the first turn.

It took me awhile to realize Cherche didn't need QP here, because she couldn't kill her opponent in one go like usually. Otherwise she couldn't have chipped down Tiki for my Cordelia. Nowi is really bulky here, when I saw the defensive tiles for the first time, I had some doubts my clear would work at all.

50 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

I didn't plan on it but here are my 2 clears for this map. I thought a cavalry clear would have been impossible due to the trees but it turns out I just needed to tackle this map from the other side. 

Nice clears! I like your teams, my first clears of this map included also the flying mages. Cordelia is strong enough to kill both Nowi and Tiki, while Camilla nearly gets killed by the blue mage even with TA3 and Hone Fliers advantage on her side. 

Well, the fun clears are out of the way, and I got bored, so...

• 5* Felicia (neutral) - Felicia’s Plate, Glacies, Resistance +3, Breath of Life 3, HP +3 seal
  • 4* Hana (neutral) - Armorslayer, Rally Attack, Life and Death 2, Obstruct 3
  • 4* Olivia (neutral) - Silver Sword, Dance, Knock Back, Hone Atk 3, Fortify Res 1 seal
  • 5* Marth: Enigmatic Blade (neutral) - Falchion, Quick Riposte 3 seal

cleared Infernal. QR 1 seal would have worked fine. Awkwardly enough, I forgot that Marth had enough Spd to double Nowi naturally, so I had a couple runs where I was trying to wait out Falchion’s heal to put her back above 90% HP. Then I previewed attacking on the PP and was just like “...oh.”

Spoiler

Everyone should have a pocket Felicia.

Spoiler

I have two clears of this chapter. The one here is with Lucius, Hector, Ike, and Brave Lyn. That swordfighter can actually wipe out Fjorm if she doesn't proc her special, but I could have killed him in with Hector or Lyn anyway. 

Spoiler

Here, I use Legendary Ike, Valentine's Hector, Lucius, and Alm to clear the map. 

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

I actually did it very quickly with my Takusquad (and their minder). (vimeo, because youtube wouldn't work somehow)

This was actually my first time recording off a phone. When I first played it back, it didn't have any sound so I added the music to it. Now that I can actually hear the sound being there, I might reupload this later with the music taken down or at lower volume at least.

Anyway, OG Takumi did most of the heavy lifting while P!Takumi was there for additional fire power. Nyakumi was on draw back duty for most of it, but I did let him finish off red sword. Sakura was mostly there to control the AI and keep P!Takumi from falling apart.

Edited by Nanima

I think this is the first time I've been able to clear a BHB first try. Of course since I wasn't paying attention to how I initially did it I ended up failing a few times before I was able to actually complete it again for recording :sob:. I figured the green dragon might cause troubles for Florina in Infernal but Tiki actually ended up hurting her more. The swordbreaker mage destroyed Fir in one of my runs. I guess that's what I get for not bothering to check enemy skills beforehand.

23 hours ago, Zeo said:

Matthew: ...Get behind me.

@mcsilas @mampfoid @eclipse @Rafiel's Aria @Cute Chao @NegativeExponents- @Infinite Dreams @Quintessence @Ginko @DefaultBeep @Rezzy @Johann @Hilda @Fei Mao @DarkLordIvy @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @Nosmur @Poimagic Tagged a few extra people for this one.

Took a couple of tries. Didn't know how I was going to deal with one of Matthew's core weaknesses but it turned out to be manageable. Nowi had a B skill to shut down Blade tomes and it definitely worked against Matt, but they overcame it. The team stood firm and barely moved the whole battle. I ended up needing to give Matt a RES refinement on his dagger to survive the initial attack. I actually could have given Ayra "Spur RES 3" from a spare Merric and that would have done the trick at a cheaper cost, but whatever. It's not like I use Refining Stones for much of anything anyway. It was pretty cool to see Matt deal with one of his direct counters with help from his team.

If the Dragons had Quick Riposte instead though, this would have been an entirely different battle.

All in all, they crushed it.

I was curious as to how Matt would be able to handle all these magic attacks thrown at him. Nice to know all he needed was a refine. On the bright side, you don't have to rely on having to be next to unit for spur res to be in effect in case you need some extra res in the future. Interesting to see Inigo used as bait for Nowi to prevent her from attacking Matthew in the beginning.

23 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Even if I don't run ranged units for these clears, I'm missing refined weapons on infernal maps.

Same. I finally thought enemies would start using refines more frequently but I guess not. I'm assuming refines are gonna stay exclusive to Legendary Hero Battles since those are a thing now.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

@Zeo nice strategy for bringing Inigo in Nowi's attack range. I finished this map on first try.

I think this map is one of easier map so I decided to not record this one. It would be more challenging if Tiki and Nowi have their Lightning Breath+ refine.

@LordFrigid I already liked your Caeda clear, but the second clear with free units made me admire Felicia once again. True, Marth did a lot of work too (poor Hana had to watch passively), but it still surprises me how much Felicia profits from her new weapon. 

@Nanima Takumis everywhere! How polite of the opponents staying neatly attached to each other, enjoying your skadi bomb to its best effect. I forgot Desperation/Brash Assault could be a thing for Brave Archers. 

@NegativeExponents- I've never recognized you are running a team of low tier units (apart from Fae /edit: or better: units generally considered as low tier) with success. Great use of Light Breath there! (most people run Lightning Breath). Do you plan to give them some merges? Florina carrying that big tree on her flying mount looks fantastic btw. 

Edited by mampfoid

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I already liked your Caeda clear, but the second clear with free units made me admire Felicia once again. True, Marth did a lot of work too (poor Hana had to watch passively), but it still surprises me how much Felicia profits from her new weapon. 

Yeah, the Plate is really strong. Hana actually had a pretty important role: she ate Tiki’s Chill Spd instead of Felicia. Not many free units can pull that off at 4*.

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

Yeah, the Plate is really strong. Hana actually had a pretty important role: she ate Tiki’s Chill Spd instead of Felicia. Not many free units can pull that off at 4*.

I've missed that detail about Chill SPD. Nice! 

@mampfoid They have been inspired by Sakura's legendary politeness (the red sword runs off if she doesn't use WoM to get to OG!Takumi's left side). And yeah, Desperation+Brash Assault is Takumi's bread and butter when going up against DC tanks and some of the hardier mages. Sometimes I replace BA with another Savage Blow Seal for extreme chip damage instead.

@Poimagic Thanks! 

Good catch! It was not needed at all. In the beginning I was experimenting with movement skills to somehow make Cordelia kill Tiki, but I don't remember what the idea behind knock back was. In the end I forgot to change it back, because she didn't need any B-Skill here. In the end it was more important to switch out QP for Savage Blow. 

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@NegativeExponents- I've never recognized you are running a team of low tier units (apart from Fae /edit: or better: units generally considered as low tier) with success. Great use of Light Breath there! (most people run Lightning Breath). Do you plan to give them some merges? Florina carrying that big tree on her flying mount looks fantastic btw. 

Low tier is my game! I did intentionally handicap myself I guess by not using Julia or Alm or any dragon killer for that matter because where’s the fun in that? But to be honest, I just used the team I used because I like those units.

Oh yeah, I realize that lightning breath is run by everyone and their dog and even I would probably be using lightning breath if this was before refinery. However, ever since light breath got that buff I decided to give it a whirl and I’m actually quite pleased with it. In the context of this video, Niles actually needed the buff from light breath to take down the wyvern rider in one round. He was quite tanky and Niles doesn’t exactly have the best atk.

I actually don’t care much for merges. I’m not dedicated enough to a single character to actually concern myself with merging and instead prefer to use any extras for SI. I like building a variety of units and I would ideally train and outfit everyone if I could. With that said though, I do plan on giving Niles at least one merge for whenever I get a +atk/-def to get rid of that neutral nature of his.

I love that big tree too! It just looks so comical when she wields it. It’s almost as big as Huey

I was expecting the hellish Steady Breath 5200000332 def/res aTiki's from the arena going into this so I was a touch disappointed I could beat this first try with a joke build on my Soren.

@Zeo Very fun clear!

28 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

But to be honest, I just used the team I used because I like those units.

I can perfectly understand that. Respect for your choice. Do you often play other "hidden treasures" like ... perhaps Odin? 

20 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I love how people found a new broken composition, and the maps immediately become “insulting”. Reminds me of “Just use Hector!” or “My +10 Rein and Blyn are wrecking everything, gg, too easy” of the old days.

Lol I remember those days.  Like when Urusula dropped.  Hard?  Just use Hector.  .....but what if you don't have Hector?  I think anyways these maps can be easy or difficult depending on what units you have.  Some maps are generally more difficult, like the fallen Takumi one and F Grima.  This bound hero battle was really easy with my flying team, just with a slight modification of putting Cherche in there instead of Minerva for the brave axe no damage kills.  The only thing to worry about was the wyvern with guidance, just be aware of what units he can bring.