Bound Hero Battle: The Divine (Tiki & Nowi)

SatsumaFSoysoy

@mampfoid Yeah, the one thing about Dragons is that even though they're Matthew's weakness, refining them does literally nothing as it pertains to him since they already attack his lower stat. If he were to stack RES, he could honestly content with them a lot better, but that's too much work.

@SatsumaFSoysoy If he's got the right build and you have a counter to TA Ravens/Cancel Affinity, then for the most part, yeah. :P

@Rezzy I feel the same way. It felt kinda cool to say I beat this or that without even needing a stamina bar. But now you can auto your way to victory in the Tempest at a cheaper cost and using less stamina potions, so there's that.

@Fei Mao Yeah, I notice that I kinda pile up the Dew just like the stones because the refinements have to be worth it for me and they rarely are. However, I refined Lilina and Raven is currently in my que so that'll change pretty soon. Just wish there was more worth spending stones on. I spend the 50 on Matthew's 3rd refinement with barely a second thought.

@NegativeExponents- Yeah, the key to winning this one was Matt avoiding Nowi on the first turn since she ignores all his buffs, I'm not sure if that applies to when he's using Close Counter, but it was notable that she did more damage to him than any other unit except for the blue mage. And that was reason enough.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I can perfectly understand that. Respect for your choice. Do you often play other "hidden treasures" like ... perhaps Odin? 

Oh gosh, Odin. I have him at 5* 40 but he’s vanilla except for impulsive poison strike. I’m pretty indecisive about what to do him. I’m thinking he’ll definitely have TA3 because he isn’t doing anything to greens in the first place so might as well make him better against reds. Or maybe just forsake his offense entirely and make him into a tank? I don’t know

Anyway as far as “hidden treasures” go, I don’t know if they qualify as one but I have my Seliph.

Seliph is +atk/-spd with D. Tyrfing, Swap, Glimmer, Fury, QR, Threaten Def, and Deflect Magic. He makes way better use of D. Tyrfing than his father due to actually having decent res (28 with my set-up) which, compounded with Deflect Magic, makes him hard to kill even with a blue mage.

6 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Oh gosh, Odin. I have him at 5* 40 but he’s vanilla except for impulsive poison strike. I’m pretty indecisive about what to do him. I’m thinking he’ll definitely have TA3 because he isn’t doing anything to greens in the first place so might as well make him better against reds. Or maybe just forsake his offense entirely and make him into a tank? I don’t know

Yeah, Odin is a difficult case, perhaps I'll start with Oliver first. 

6 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Anyway as far as “hidden treasures” go, I don’t know if they qualify as one but I have my Seliph.

Seliph is +atk/-spd with D. Tyrfing, Swap, Glimmer, Fury, QR, Threaten Def, and Deflect Magic. He makes way better use of D. Tyrfing than his father due to actually having decent res (28 with my set-up) which, compounded with Deflect Magic, makes him hard to kill even with a blue mage.

Your Seliph sounds cool, I bet he'll shine in the coming TTs. Mine will stay 4*+10, since I already have his father. Perhaps I'll give him a Brave Sword+ for TTs. 

@mampfoid I never got around to watching your clear now that I remember.

That Wings of Mercy Roy though! As soon as I saw him zip in I knew exactly how you were going to delete the enemy units and in the order you were going to do it. So satisfying to watch. WoM is a gem of a skill for your GF team and clears. I hope Cain is as common for you as he's been for me. Can't seem to get him to go away.

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid I never got around to watching your clear now that I remember.

That Wings of Mercy Roy though! As soon as I saw him zip in I knew exactly how you were going to delete the enemy units and in the order you were going to do it. So satisfying to watch. WoM is a gem of a skill for your GF team and clears. I hope Cain is as common for you as he's been for me. Can't seem to get him to go away.

Haha, seems like watching my videos takes effect. Glad you liked it. 

WoM is crucial for nearly all One Turn clears. Sadly Cain is not very common for me, Roy and Elincia only have WoM2. I even had to sacrifice my 4* BK for the Ursula clear. My WoM3 units are Olivia, Azura, NY!Azura, Cherche, Sigurd, Hana and Cordelia. 

/Edit: That made me remind Hana, I'll use her tomorrow for Berkuts GHB. :-) 

Edited by mampfoid

@Zeo @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria

here is my infernal clear. Fun fact this was the Wind blessing team I used to beat the GHBs so it’s nice that they somehow worked well in this BHB.

music is Diamond Dust from the King of Fighters 2002 unlimited match soundtrack

probably one of the few maps where i can use a fun, upbeat track.

Arvis and Olivia actually works surprisingly well in micromanaging my team’s health, as you see in the end. Whenever i get Gunnthra then this team will probably have more synergy thanks to Arvis’s ploys and Chrom’s Chill Def plus cav buffs

@mcsilas Good music, perhaps I have to start playing Beat'em up games. Don't forget to collect the orbs from the hard map. ;-) 

Nice team for this clear. I don't have Olivia and Chrom, but Arvis served me well so far, like you it seems. 

On 4/10/2018 at 1:45 AM, mampfoid said:

@Zeo @mcsilas @Poimagic @Infinite Dreams @tobuShogi @DLNarshen

One Turn clear, this worked faster than I feared:

Cordelia needed some help with Tiki (Savage blows by Cherche and Ally support by Roy) and Roy had to equip LnD2 instead of LnD3 to survive the Sword Fighter. 

On 4/10/2018 at 12:58 PM, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid @eclipse @Rafiel's Aria @Cute Chao @NegativeExponents- @Infinite Dreams @Quintessence @Ginko @DefaultBeep @Rezzy @Johann @Hilda @Fei Mao @DarkLordIvy @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @Nosmur @Poimagic Tagged a few extra people for this one.

Took a couple of tries. Didn't know how I was going to deal with one of Matthew's core weaknesses but it turned out to be manageable. Nowi had a B skill to shut down Blade tomes and it definitely worked against Matt, but they overcame it. The team stood firm and barely moved the whole battle. I ended up needing to give Matt a RES refinement on his dagger to survive the initial attack. I actually could have given Ayra "Spur RES 3" from a spare Merric and that would have done the trick at a cheaper cost, but whatever. It's not like I use Refining Stones for much of anything anyway. It was pretty cool to see Matt deal with one of his direct counters with help from his team.

If the Dragons had Quick Riposte instead though, this would have been an entirely different battle.

All in all, they crushed it.

Nice, guys!  It's fun to see the different ways people clear these things (and how slightly changing the skills around can make the difference)!  :D:  I bet you are liking the new 0 stamina update!  

4 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I bet you are liking the new 0 stamina update!  

It's nice to do some trial and error, but most clears I'm calculating beforehand. It's easy abusable to grind HM though. 

On 4/14/2018 at 7:15 AM, Zeo said:

@mcsilas Great use of Arvis there! Every time I do Wind quests I lament not having a healer and forget I gave him Repo. Aid and Ardent Sacrifice.

That reminds me, I never gave him Reciprocal Aid so looks like a random Matthew will be donating his services!

It's actually pretty nice that he can heal teammates. It makes up for the fact I don't Gunnthra, so my team doesn't get buffed. Also his Ploys are too good, can't wait for Spd Ploy!

edit: oh @mampfoid totally forgot to reply although I meant to- thanks for reminding me! I collected those orbs now at least haha.

And well I love fighting games, and KoF had some really good music as well- I grew up listening to them, so it's nice to spread the music :D

Edited by mcsilas

@mcsilas Responding somewhat late to these posts since my neice's birthday was this weekend. Didn't know you loved fighting games, KOF was huge for me as a kid and I even played it tons as an adult, can't wait to hear some KOF 98, 99 or 2000 tracks at some point. Listened to just about every soundtrack except probably the last 3, and even a few of those.

Don't be sacrificing the Matthew like that! He's Hone SPD 3 fodder at least! Delete some of them Setsunas!

7 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas Responding somewhat late to these posts since my neice's birthday was this weekend. Didn't know you loved fighting games, KOF was huge for me as a kid and I even played it tons as an adult, can't wait to hear some KOF 98, 99 or 2000 tracks at some point. Listened to just about every soundtrack except probably the last 3, and even a few of those.

Don't be sacrificing the Matthew like that! He's Hone SPD 3 fodder at least! Delete some of them Setsunas!

Don’t worry, Eirika is Hone Spd fodder for me :P

Yeah KoF was big for me in high school although it sucks because you need 2 players to enjoy a fighting game- CPU  can only entertain you so mich (also the harder levels were annoying). Then i expanded to other SNK games like Last Blade, Garou MOTW and Samurai shodown. Listening to the arranged version of the soundtracks was great as well. 

I also tried Persona 4 Arena. I think the first fighting game that captured me was Rival Schools though, from Capcom back when i saw one in the arcade.

Also in my main account i managed to clear Infernal by accident with a team that I was SP grinding for. Bridelia, katarina, Bride Lyn and Axura. Lyn’s Candlelight+ and Dazzling staff really helps against the annoying Lightning Breath dragons

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Don’t worry, Eirika is Hone Spd fodder for me :P

Yeah KoF was big for me in high school although it sucks because you need 2 players to enjoy a fighting game- CPU  can only entertain you so mich (also the harder levels were annoying). Then i expanded to other SNK games like Last Blade, Garou MOTW and Samurai shodown. Listening to the arranged version of the soundtracks was great as well. 

I also tried Persona 4 Arena. I think the first fighting game that captured me was Rival Schools though, from Capcom back when i saw one in the arcade.

Also in my main account i managed to clear Infernal by accident with a team that I was SP grinding for. Bridelia, katarina, Bride Lyn and Axura. Lyn’s Candlelight+ and Dazzling staff really helps against the annoying Lightning Breath dragons

King of Fighters 98, Virtua Fighter 3, Dead or Alive 2, Soul Calibur 2. I've played a few other fighters in my childhood (Like Street Fighter/Tekken/Mortal Kombat/Capcom vs SNK 2 on a smaller scale) but those are the 4 pillars that serve as my fighting game roots. I've tried only a couple of new ones. I had a stint with Marvel vs Capcom 3 though, that was fun for a while.

Yeah sometimes I challenge myself and use other teams than my main team, but to confess though, when I'm trying to hurry up and get to my pulls. I just bust out Nino/Bridelia + Dancers. That's what I did with F!Grima.

Edited by Zeo

• 6 months later...

Cleared out 4 of the rerun quests at once using the following team:
5* Sharena: eff. Fensalir, Rally Spd/Res, Growing Wind, Fury 3, Renewal 3, Atk Smoke 3, Spd Smoke 3
5* Anna: +Def Noatun, Rally Spd/Def, Growing Wind, Fury 3, Renewal 3, Atk Smoke 3, Flashing Blade 3
+1 Summer Corrin: Blarblade+, Reposition, Glimmer, Darting Blow 3, Desperation 3
+Spd/-Atk NY Azura

Finished Lunatic cavalry clear:
5*+10 +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt: Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Hone Cavalry, Heavy Blade 3
5* +Atk/-Def Cecilia: Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Triangle Adept 3, Hone Cavalry
5*+3 Xander: Swap, Ignis, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Cavalry
Brave Veronica: Spd +3, Drive Spd 2

Edited by Roflolxp54

Sharena was surprisingly good, took out 3 of the bad guys by herself.

My Anna was a scrub though, couldn't even kill Tiki without help from Micaiah despite WTA.

Edited by dethneer
Oh wait I just realized Anna was supposed to kill Nowi, sorry Anna!

Cav clear with BKhrom, Mathilda, Gronnwen and SummeLinde. Mathilda tanked on the second turn with the sword, I pulled back and took threats as I went.

Askrtrio took a second try, but on the second turn Anna gets shoved in by Saias, hits Nowi and is pulled back by Alfonse, leading to the enemies moving in. The flier moves in closest and dies to Alfonse, the mage is tanked by Saias (the mage double and procs but his res carries him), the mage is killed and then the dragons and infantry are left. Tiki is first, distracted by Saias not having an attack so she easily loses, the infantry gets taken out next and Nowi is finished off by Anna, what with not having a defence tile this time.

I didn't complete Infernal before, so... yeah, more orbs! For Infenal I used Legendary Marth, since we have 3 manaketes in this map. Marth's only problem was the blue mage with Swordbreaker, but my Faye defeated him easily. Also, I love to use Halloween Nowi in this type of maps. Her staff is so useful!

For the Anna and Sharena quests I used the same team: Anna or Sharena, Male Corrin (with C-Support with Anna or Sharena for the +4 Stats from Refined Yato), Halloween Mia and Triple Tactic Titania.

For the Cavalry Team Quest, I used Ares, Silas, Gunnthrá and Veronica. Ares only gived buffs to Silas, who defeated Nowi easily. 

Now I need to get more Silas to +10 him, because he is a good unit... adn because I don't plan to +10 Legendary Ephraim.

Edited by Diovani Bressan