The reformed summoning pool

NekoKnight

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

I am not sure why some of the old units remain 5 star exclusives.

Best examples:
Karel (wry?!?)
Azura
Celica
Julia
Linde
Eldigan
Ephraim
Gray
Hinoka
Ike (Regular)
Jaffar
Lucina
Luke
Lyn
Minerva
Olwen
Saber
Takumi

Imho i believe those should be demoted to 4 Star rarity and the Legendary heroes should be pushed into the regular 5 Star pool. But thats just my opinion imho.

The new demotion doesnt do shit for the problem we have with the bloated 5 Star pool

46 units that were in the 5 star pool got demoted. Now there is about 59 units in the five star pool.  Almost half of the units in the five star pool was demoted. I think saying "doesn't do shit for the problem" is just trying to find a reason to complain further. If you expected IS to drop more than half of the units in the first demotion, then you would be setting expectations too high. Succesful Gachas rarely drop down units and have bloated high rarity pools (such as FGO). The fact that IS is doing this and at least cutting down the 5* pool is good news and shows that they at least are considering input from the fans. 

4 minutes ago, ShadowGuy1 said:

Succesful Gachas rarely drop down units and have bloated high rarity pools (such as FGO).

Fate/Grand Order's 5-star summoning pool is actually not bloated at all. Of its 60 5-star summonable characters (on the Japanese servers), only 18 of them are in the regular summoning pool. They have (rather successfully, in my opinion) solved the issue of summon pool dilution by simply making the vast majority of its characters limited.

What may make it feel bloated is simply the absurdly low chance of pulling a 5-star in general. The current banner has a 0.7% chance of pulling the rate-up 5-star and a 0.3% chance of pulling an off-banner 5-star (0.0167% chance overall for each of the 18 in the pool).

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fate/Grand Order's 5-star summoning pool is actually not bloated at all. Of its 60 5-star summonable characters (on the Japanese servers), only 18 of them are in the regular summoning pool. They have (rather successfully, in my opinion) solved the issue of summon pool dilution by simply making the vast majority of its characters limited.

What may make it feel bloated is simply the absurdly low chance of pulling a 5-star in general. The current banner has a 0.7% chance of pulling the rate-up 5-star and a 0.3% chance of pulling an off-banner 5-star (0.0167% chance overall for each of the 18 in the pool).

Ah. That is my bad I remember reading it was bloated but I guess that was wrong. 

5 hours ago, Sire said:

There has to be something in the 5* pool to strive for. 

Absolutely, and I wouldn't suggest mandatory demotions after a certain amount of time, rather demotions made according to how useful they really are. Units like Hector and Elise absolutely deserve to be 5* locks as they are some of the best units of their types and/or have the best skills.

Others really don't need to be there. If Leo and Gray (hardly top tier characters) were demoted, we could have Zweihander and (potentially) QR3 fodder more accessible. Why is Jaffar the 5* lock when Sothe is better than him and a lower rarity. Not adjusting rarity by examining their worth is why Reinhardt is a 3* and Owen is still a 5* lock.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

They can release more copies of the GHB units without doing that. All they need to do is release more quests for the GHBs already in the daily rotation, that include more copies of the characters in question. And I'm sure they'll eventually do exactly that. The daily rotation only started two months ago, after all.

That said, I'm surprised they still haven't made any GHB/TT banners, to offer limited-time chances to summon extra copies of those units. Seems like free money.

That would also work, but they'd have to do it with more regularity than once every year, which is what they're currently doing.  And likely also not gate it behind finishing Infernal with a single movement type team (which they are fixing with the second daily rotation), because doing that is frankly really inaccessible to most players I think.

3 minutes ago, Reiska said:

That would also work, but they'd have to do it with more regularity than once every year, which is what they're currently doing.  And likely also not gate it behind finishing Infernal with a single movement type team (which they are fixing with the second daily rotation), because doing that is frankly really inaccessible to most players I think.

What they're currently doing is releasing new copies of each GHB unit every few months. The fact that the new quests are set to be available for a year isn't an indication of that changing.

15 minutes ago, Reiska said:

And likely also not gate it behind finishing Infernal with a single movement type team (which they are fixing with the second daily rotation), because doing that is frankly really inaccessible to most players I think.

Starting players already have access to three copies of each Grand Hero Battle character in the rotation to obtain at their own pace. The fourth copy from the Elite quests is on a one-year timer, which I believe is more than enough time to give starting players to have something to shoot for.

After all, I recall seeing a lot of free-to-players here on the forums completing the quests within a week or two of them being released, and that was right at the game's one-year anniversary.

I'm pretty happy with this change.  It solves the problem of the bloated 5* pool, and adds to the 3* pool which had not been touched since launch.  There are several 5* exclusives that should be demoted, but the fact that IS went this far is something to be applauded.  Even if I get pity-broken by a unit like Saber, from a collector's perspective, I want to get everyone eventually.  Getting pity broken from a unit available at 4* is a bit disheartening.

This changes nothing, I got two 5* boeys, IS can never change that, the horror of seeing those stars slam above the character's name, praying they will only be 4, but then... gold, and it is then that you realise god has left us...

TL;DR: iz coo.

11 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

This changes nothing, I got two 5* boeys, IS can never change that, the horror of seeing those stars slam above the character's name, praying they will only be 4, but then... gold, and it is then that you realise god has left us...

TL;DR: iz coo.

I'm just going to put this guy right here...

X0LjatT.png?1

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Starting players already have access to three copies of each Grand Hero Battle character in the rotation to obtain at their own pace. The fourth copy from the Elite quests is on a one-year timer, which I believe is more than enough time to give starting players to have something to shoot for.

After all, I recall seeing a lot of free-to-players here on the forums completing the quests within a week or two of them being released, and that was right at the game's one-year anniversary.

I haven't been able to complete any of the <Movement> Emblem GHB Elite quests for what it's worth.

I’m just happy the 3* pool has some good characters in it, now I’ll have a better chance of getting Marth (and some others I still don’t have yet, but especially Marth). I don’t have to worry about getting as many bad pity breakers either.

I think they’ll have to demote some of the 5* exclusives though. I’ll be surprised if they don’t for the next 4* and 5* focus banner, since there’s only a few 4* and 5* characters left.

11 minutes ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

I’m just happy the 3* pool has some good characters in it, now I’ll have a better chance of getting Marth (and some others I still don’t have yet, but especially Marth). I don’t have to worry about getting as many bad pity breakers either.

I think they’ll have to demote some of the 5* exclusives though. I’ll be surprised if they don’t for the next 4* and 5* focus banner, since there’s only a few 4* and 5* characters left.

Previous "4* and 5*" banners have included characters available at 3-4*. I'm guessing they plan to continue that.

It'd be nice for some 5* exclusives to become available at 4*, but even if that's something they might do eventually, I don't think they'd do it until at least a few months after this already-big change.