Is this Medeus's actual theme?

RedRob

This wouldn't sound out of place in a Persona game or something, but it really doesn't fit a mad dragon. Granted, his original theme wasn't that memorable (sadly), but it was miles better than... whatever this is.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This wouldn't sound out of place in a Persona game or something, but it really doesn't fit a mad dragon. Granted, his original theme wasn't that memorable (sadly), but it was miles better than... whatever this is.

Medeus's battle theme in Mystery was solid, it sounded Castlevania-esque to me (and not 100% of out place in FE like Tearing Shadows is). Although Shadow Dragon's was pretty poor.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Medeus's battle theme in Mystery was solid, it sounded Castlevania-esque to me (and not 100% of out place in FE like Tearing Shadows is). Although Shadow Dragon's was pretty poor.

I never reached him in (New) Mystery, so I wouldn't know. I only know the map theme, since it's reused and remastered in Echoes.
I actually like Tearing Shadows, though.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Fool! This is clearly superior to the forgettable theme. Listen in fear as the Shadow Dragon struts his stuff!

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's good, just more like Tales music than FE music.

If you don't mind hearing it out of context, SF has Reign of Despair- the battle theme of Medeus, here.

I like it. It gives off the impression of "You're F***ED". It might not become my favourite final boss theme anytime soon, Fire Emblem or otherwise, but I think it's great for what it is.

11 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Fool! This is clearly superior to the forgettable theme. Listen in fear as the Shadow Dragon struts his stuff!

I repent! I repent! Have mercy on my soul!
I just don't think it fits him, is all. It's not bad music at all.

Edited by DragonFlames

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I like it. It gives off the impression of "You're F***ED". It might not become my favourite final boss theme anytime soon, Fire Emblem or otherwise, but I think it's great for what it is.

I repent! I repent! Have mercy on my soul!
I just don't think it fits him, is all. It's not bad music at all.

That's the beauty of it. It doesn't fit him so much, it loops right back around to being perfect. Can you think of any music more unfitting for him?

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

This can't be real.

It's real, and there's more than just Medeus. Actually, this theme collection isn't anything new. It's been in the music section for years.

Still a weird collection though. Never understood the purpose of it.

8 minutes ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

It's real, and there's more than just Medeus. Actually, this theme collection isn't anything new. It's been in the music section for years.

Still a weird collection though. Never understood the purpose of it.

Oh dear god! It's actually legitmate. I was certain it was some kind of joke, like the SilvaGunner channel. That's absolutely glorious. What insane man composed this and did they have any idea what they were doing?

30 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Oh dear god! It's actually legitmate. I was certain it was some kind of joke, like the SilvaGunner channel. That's absolutely glorious. What insane man composed this and did they have any idea what they were doing?

Medeus is a 80s gangsta boss! But oh it is bad! This had to be released back in the NES era judging from its location in the SF music collections being before Mystery.

Marth on the other hand has the classic Fire Emblem Theme in classical orchestration, as his personal theme on this collection. So I don't what went wrong with Medeus's theme.

Abel (but no Cain?) is pure classical too, based on "Time to Act"- the first ever map theme in FE to use SD's name for it. Mostly that, it deviates like Marth's halfway in.

I think Minerva's is "Onset". Hardin is "Come, Join Us"- better known thanks to Smash as "Together We Ride" "After the Battle" and "On the Path to Victory".  Both classical.

Jagen is the first nonclassical piece, techno-jazzy. I can't quite identify it though. "Stalwart Opposition"? "Blade of Treachery"?

Caeda is also jazzy, but I can't tell what it is in the beginning, but then it hits the signatures notes of "Trouble!" one of my favorite FE1 tracks.

Camus is "Adversary".

Therefore, Medeus must be something in FE1 maybe "Medeus, Shadow Dragon"? "Showdown in Dolhr Keep"? "The Shadow Dragon's Ire"?

The BGM Medley provides you with an idea of what the composer was remixing, chiptune wonders, blurs, and ear piercers. Nice.

I find it odd that it has a collection of old sound effects, not compositions, just the sound effects, the individual boops and bleeps. Listening to them, FE could be sci-fi for all you know.

• 2 years later...