Boundless Chaos Take 2 and Possible Allusion to Series 14

VincentASM

So I was speaking to @Kirie and I learned that the latest Cipher mascot, Nieve, comes from a world filled with "Boundless Chaos".

This led me to think...

As you may know, Series 14 is currently a mystery, where the only clue is the Japanese word for "Infinity" or "Boundless". I think some people are wondering if there's a connection to the upcoming Switch FE game, but I'm curious if the answer is actually a bit closer to home.

The keyword we were given is the same word used in "Boundless Chaos". Plus it seems a bit strange that they suddenly revealed a character related to the Boundless Chaos. So I'm thinking Series 14 might be related to the Boundless Chaos instead.

But what exactly is this Boundless Chaos? It is mentioned by Randal in his base conversation in Echoes, though he doesn't say anything about it. The Cipher mascots also refer to it at least once in the Cipher Frontier section.

The answer (as the mascots helpfully point out) can actually be found in the starter deck rule books. Here's what it says:

The Boundless Chaos birthed the "Cipher World".

Its power returned everything to nothing,
making everything into a dream.

It started to eat into other worlds, expanding the "Cipher World".
At that time...

Heroes from countless worlds and countless eras
were summoned to this realm via Outrealm Gates.

To stop the Boundless Chaos from running rampart...
And to discover the truth of the world...
The heroes' battle begins.

Basically, the Boundless Chaos is some kind of power that led to the creation of the world of Cipher--and it's implied to be the source of all the Outrealm shenanigans, like Heroes appearing from other worlds or even generations.

Back to Series 14, this is just my speculation, I am wondering if there will be a focus on "what if" characters like Hero Wrys, berserk Ike and Risen King Chrom.

I think this would be really cool from a fan's perspective, although I dunno if it would work well from marketing standpoint.

Edited by VincentASM

I think it could work from a marketing standpoint, since there' a lot of possible "what ifs" they could do with popular characters. 

They could also focus on different generations meeting in their cards. gen 1 with gen 2, dead with the living, things like that. Or just meetings that normally wouldn't happen. I know some of the sets are different games "meeting" but I mean like artwork and effects devoted to like...FE4 characters meeting FE 13 characters, things like that.

Oh crap, another idea appears, albeit farfetched - what if it's the last one? What if Set 14 is about how the Boundless Chaos is quelled, leading to the end of the Cipher World and the return of these Heroes to their own lands? Would they let the mascots disappear alongside their world, or bring them into the Fire Emblem world at large? RandalLando at least can go back to Elibe seeing as how that's where his homeland supposedly is and still show up in a future Elibe game, but they can't very well put Emma, Shade, and Yuzu back into Hoshido and Nohr since they're apparently done with Fates(STILL MISSING THOSE BOND FESTIVALS BTW IS), and we still aren't certain where exactly Alice or Valjean come from(I believe World of Heroes is implied if their set release has anything to do with it like it did for Emma, Shade, and Yuzu, but it's still kind of speculation), while Nieve(or Niamh because apparently there are sites that spell it like that) apparently comes directly from Cipher World so who knows what they'd do with her.

This seems unlikely, I suppose, but I just needed to put it out there I guess.

• 2 weeks later...