I need OC ideas

Ottservia

Okay so I'm currently writing a fanfic about Lucina's original future. Now because it's kind of a prequal I can't have any of the future kids dying really save for maybe morgan so I need OCs and I'm having trouble coming up with ideas so yeah. If anyone could give some OC ideas would much appreciated.

8 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Do you really need OCs? If you're just making them to kill them off, maybe random generics would be better than full fledged OCs.

It's really a matter of setting tone and establishing the harshness and bleakness of the world. I could just use random generics but if I used a couple fully fledged OCs the effect of death would have far greater impact on both the characters and reader and really hit home how harsh this future is

Yeah, that makes sense. But don't expect people to create them for you, that makes you look lazy, and if you look lazy, people will think the fanfic will be bad quality. But:

A soldier with five kids and a loving wife. He fights to support his family. Maybe after he's killed, include a scene where his commanding officer has to break the bad news to his family. His wife breaks down crying and one or a few of the kids are in disbelief. "So wait, you're telling me Dad's never coming home?"

A female soldier who can give the men a run for their money, she's stubborn as a mule, and her husband (also a soldier) can't get her to stay home while she's pregnant with their child, she insists on still fighting, and as a result, this man loses both his wife and his unborn child. I used this idea for my Xenoblade fics, but you can borrow it.

I always recommend Springhole for fanfic help. Good luck!

4 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Yeah, that makes sense. But don't expect people to create them for you, that makes you look lazy, and if you look lazy, people will think the fanfic will be bad quality. But:

A soldier with five kids and a loving wife. He fights to support his family. Maybe after he's killed, include a scene where his commanding officer has to break the bad news to his family. His wife breaks down crying and one or a few of the kids are in disbelief. "So wait, you're telling me Dad's never coming home?"

A female soldier who can give the men a run for their money, she's stubborn as a mule, and her husband (also a soldier) can't get her to stay home while she's pregnant with their child, she insists on still fighting, and as a result, this man loses both his wife and his unborn child. I used this idea for my Xenoblade fics, but you can borrow it.

I always recommend Springhole for fanfic help. Good luck!

thanks for the help and yeah it kind of does but that's the thing with me and fanfiction. It's hard for me to come up with my own characters for a pre-established world. Like I know how that sounds but it's just a weird problem I have. I'll try to come up with my own original stuff a little more down the road but again thanks.

Edited by Otts486

I'm the exact opposite! I come up with characters for pre established worlds all the time and very easily. I'm a master at creating OC love interests and/or kids for canon characters, if I do say so myself.

Welcome!