New Sakura Wars: Release Date March 31st 2019

Jedi

We don't currently have any info i'm aware of, but I'd like it to be localized like 5, highly doubtful but maybe, and if it did maybe 1-4 ports to like Steam or something, again highly unlikely but still.

Edited by Jedi

If Shenmue can be ported to modern systems, I'd say there's hope for Sakura Taisen as well. What a wonderful day. Oh Sega, your commitment to keeping gaming experiences alive is inspiring. I will endure however many bad Sonic games you want me to if we can get more availability and returns to classic franchises.

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

If Shenmue can be ported to modern systems, I'd say there's hope for Sakura Taisen as well. What a wonderful day.

It being localized has next to no chances though, Sakura Wars 5 is the only game that has gotten localized and it did very poorly when it did.

It'll probably suffer the same fate as the recent PSO. Looks amazing but won't come out of Japan.

Edited by Jedi

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

It being localized has next to no chances though, Sakura Wars 5 is the only game that has gotten localized and it did very poorly when it did.

It'll probably suffer the same fate as the recent PSO. Looks amazing but won't come out of Japan.

Technically one of the PC remakes have been localized for Russia. Don't ask me why they chose Russia because I dunno. I think it's also notable that the first two Saturn games had been remastered for Dreamcast, PS2, and PC. Although the majority of these only released in Japan, that's a lot of effort to keep a brand alive, and the intention to bring the brand to the West was always there. And while the games failed to make it westward, at least some of the animated series did. Like Fire Emblem, our first taste of the series came from an animation. Finally, the guys that make that series are still generally around at Sega. Not under the same development studio as in 1997, but they made Valkyria Chronicles.

I think it's right to be skeptical of a western release for this new game. But having a new game in the series at all dramatically changes the odds of seeing localized entries of the series. So will ports of the games on modern systems if those get announced. 

5 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Technically one of the PC remakes have been localized for Russia. Don't ask me why they chose Russia because I dunno. I think it's also notable that the first two Saturn games had been remastered for Dreamcast, PS2, and PC. Although the majority of these only released in Japan, that's a lot of effort to keep a brand alive, and the intention to bring the brand to the West was always there. And while the games failed to make it westward, at least some of the animated series did. Like Fire Emblem, our first taste of the series came from an animation. Finally, the guys that make that series are still generally around at Sega. Not under the same development studio as in 1997, but they made Valkyria Chronicles.

I think it's right to be skeptical of a western release for this new game. But having a new game in the series at all dramatically changes the odds of seeing localized entries of the series. So will ports of the games on modern systems if those get announced. 

The difference between this and FE is it doesn't have something like Smash to launch it into the western mainstream, Project X Zone and Granblue aren't gonna launch it into the minds of many western audiences.

12 minutes ago, Jedi said:

The difference between this and FE is it doesn't have something like Smash to launch it into the western mainstream, Project X Zone and Granblue aren't gonna launch it into the minds of many western audiences.

Unless you've changed your mind and begun arguing the series has no chance of getting any localizations in the future, I don't think we're in disagreement about anything?

4 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Unless you've changed your mind and begun arguing the series has no chance of getting any localizations in the future, I don't think we're in disagreement about anything?

It's more I'm pessimistic on it getting any sort of western attention at all, having even the mildest of hope is a flight of fancy.

That's what I'm saying, we don't really disagree but it's more I see it being a 0.01% chance of ever coming west side.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Jedi said:

By March 31st. Likely just Sega saying it'll be out before the end of the fiscal year; almost certainly earlier than that specific date.

12 hours ago, The DanMan said:

By March 31st. Likely just Sega saying it'll be out before the end of the fiscal year; almost certainly earlier than that specific date.

Basically, now we wait to see if it gets any west side news, that I still doubt.