eatrawmeat391's Berwick Saga cheat

eatrawmeat391

Today I will show my Berwick Saga cheat which was made by myself.The format is RAW code

*** No Weapon Replacement upon taken
2016DE70 03E00008
2016DE74 0000102D

* Use alongside of this code
Prevent Game from deleting banned weapon
20175110 03E00008
20175114 039E0027

*** All weapons that can cause status ailments in the game are replaced by normal weapon whenever the player manage to get a hold of them.I think this gave the A.I an unfair advantage over the players.This code will prevent the weapon replacement and allows player to use those weapon if they can get it.

*** Get All Weapon upon Defeating Enemy
2016CEBC 3BE21998

*** This will make all weapon by the enemies droppable when the player kill them.A fun code to try, note that I don't recommend you using this code on your first playthrough, it could make the game too easy and ruin your experience.

*** Controllable Enemies
0038EAD0 00000004
0038EB7C 00000004

This cheat will allow you to control your enemies on player's turn.It is best used when almost all of the enemies have finished their turns.

*** Can view civilian's stat
2055D0AC 00E50023

5adaa8c05f625_BerwickSagaCanSeeciviliansstat.jpg.3c096061ac36327a380650632ceed5a0.jpg

* With this cheat you can view all NPC's stat when you are not supposed to.This code does nothing other than that,it is just to show that this is possible.

*** Berwick Saga Map Modifier (L2+Left On L2+Right Off)
D05039EA 0000FE7F
20550A20 240300XX
D05039EA 0000FEDF
20550A20 8E030000

Where XXXX is Map ID

Map ID with a * will be replaced by this chapter's Main Map

00: Invalid
01: Take the player back to office
02: Looters *
03: Stolen Swords
04: Food Supply
05: Champion of the Streets
06: Cruel Brothers
07: Mining Town *
08: Keith of the Mist *
09: Fledgling Knights
0A: Maria's Wish *
0B: Born a Knight *
0C: Situation in the Armory
0D: Color Chord
0E: Combat Training
0F: The Alter of Raze
10: Triple Counterattack *
11: Lumiere
12: Hero of the Sea
13: Ancient Treasure
14: Liverleaf *
15: The Phantom Corps
16: You Are In Command *
17: Yellow Killer *
18: A Knight's Pride
19: The Veterans
1A: The Labor Camps *
1B: Supply Line *
1C: Island of Exile
1D: Impossible Dream
1E: St. Stefano
1F: Ponies and Thieves
20: Maiden and Mercenary
21: Deadly Ballista *
22: Mountain Hunt
23: QUESTMAP34 *
24: Killing Blow *
25: In Pursuit of Thieves
After 25 there are a lot of useless values so I will not go investigate on

them.
26: Wife's Keepsake (Auto win)
27: Villain Hunting (Auto win)
28: Neam Medicine (Auto win)
29: Three Axes (Auto win)
2A: Barker's Poetry (Auto win)
2B: Shield of the Empire (Auto win)
2C: Nobleman and Girl (Auto win)
2D: Parental Love (Auto win)
2E: Stubborn Old Man (Auto win)
2F: Raijin Arrow (Auto win)
30: Mistake in the Shop (Auto win)
31: Forgotten Item (Auto win)

Note: You must have at least 1 sidequest open to do this trick.If you don't want to start next chapter then you have to use the room mode and enter room 0x24 to reset the chapter.Note that chapter 1 can't be reseted.

*** Berwick Saga Room Mod (L2 + Up to Enable, L2 + Down to return back to normal)
D05039EA 0000FEEF
20555384 380600XX
D05039EA 0000FEBF
20555384 8C460714

where XX is:
00: Office
01: World Map
02: World Map
03: World Map
04: World Map
05: Look like meeting room
- Conversation with Formar the first time
- The second time Formar gives you 10000D
- Keep going to this room will always gives you 10000D
06:
- Conversation with Rockefeller
- The second time Formar gives you 7000D
07: Near the sea
- Conversation with Elbert the first time
- Second time Elbert gives you 7000D in your office
08: Dungeon
09: Black arena (soft locks)
0A: World Map
0B: Mountain
- Conversation with Corona, there are also 4 ballistas there
0C: Sword and Shield Shop
0D: Spear Seller
0E: Bow Seller
0F: Seasonal Market
10: Stables
11: Atelier
12: Kingfisher Pavillon
13: Local Tavern
14: Mercenaries Guild
15: Veria Temple
16: Abbey
17: World Map
18: World Map
19: Lower Street
1A: World Map
1B: Merchant Guild
- Warning : * Speaking to Alex will show the credits but the game

continues afterward
1C: Collector's House
- First conversation with Erzheimer, after this you can unlock Collector's

House
1D: World Map
1E: World Map
1F: World Map
20: Conversation with Axel near the beach
21: World Map
22: World Map
23: World Map
24: Chapter Main Scenario
25: Unknown Storage house (Soft lock)
26: Smithing Guild (can exit)
27: World Map
28: A different version of Mercenaries Guild, used for VS Mode?
Loading the END save when prompted will enable you to replay the last

missions with Reese and Ward
29: Black area, (soft lock)
2A: Black area, (soft lock)
2B: Outside of Abbey , conversation with Luciana
2C: Black area, (soft lock)
2D: Black area, (soft lock)
2E: Office, conversation with Lynette and showing credit
2F: Mayor Office
30-31: Cannot enter

- Can save every turn
201D635C 00600011

Untitled.jpg.6c6699f06b129152fcfa9237aa08530e.jpg

- How to hack Berwick Saga characters

* First you have to get PCSX2 dev build which you can find by Googling PCSX2 nightly build

When on game, pause by pressing Esc and click on the Debug tab/Open Debug Window

Untitled.png.346efb11fd455b1ac05c47ab51293453.png

- The debugger will be open, but since the game is paused you won't see any code, resume gameplay.

Press CTRL-G while in the code window and input 0018D5A0

Untitled.png.c571fc06616b47521acc35e4e6c7c003.png

- After you go to the address double click it to add it to the breakpoint list

- Now in game press Triangle to view the information of the character you want to edit, PCSX2 will break(pause until you hit Run)

Untitled.thumb.png.3024460a0ba394a1cfbc49c9d1403510.png

- Take note of the value in the s0 register, it is 0x01E1869C, We will add 0x20000000 (to get PCSX2 address) to it making it 0x21E1869C.We will only care about the 4th column from left to right.The other columns are useless even if it has values

- After you got the address you can remove the breakpoint and click Run.PCSX2 will resume normally.

- We will fire up cheat engine to change the player's info.Here is what I have found(replace s0 with the address which is 0x21E1869C in my case:

* Name (2 bytes) = s0 + 0x0A
* Class Address (1 byte)= s0 + 0xF
* Avatar Address (2 bytes)= s0 + 0xC
* Unit Type (1 byte) = s0 + 0x1C
- 0x68: Player's Unit
- 0x69: mercenaries or guests
- 0x00: nothing
- 0x10: enemies
* Skill: s0 + 0x34 to s0 + 0x40 (which means 0x34, 0x35, 0x36,...->0x40)

where each address is the sum of:

Skill 1 = s0 + 0x34
- 01: Axe guard: Use axe as shield
- 02: Longbowman: +1 bow range, -15Hit
- 04: Huntsman: Ignore forest Avo when using arrows
- 08: Aim : Arrow + 33 Hit
- 10: Swimmer
- 20: Resistor: +3 Res within 5 hexes
- 40: Search: Look around for items
- 80: One-Two: Take two attack actions in one turn

Skill 5 = s0 + 0x39
- 01: Deathmatch - Attack with 5 rounds of combat
- 02: Swap Horse
- 04: Throw - Range 1 attack with +10 Hit
- 08: Parry - May negate attack, but damages weapon
- 10: Prepared - Auto-switch to weapon that can counter
- 20: Robust - Cannot be injured or crippled
- 40: ??? - Not Shown
- 80: Focus Chant - Magical attack with +30Hit, +10-30% Atk

Skill 6 = s0 + 0x3A
- 01: Siblings - + 100 Crit to Reese when adjacent
- 02: Horse Lover - Restore 20 HP to horse after chapter
- 04: Robbery - 1/4 chance to steal from defeated enemies
- 08: Despoil - Acquire gold off defeated enemies
- 10: Knock Away: May unequip enemy shield upon hit
- 20: Iaido - +33 Hit, +3 Crit countering with sword
- 40: Pulverize: Double power of attack at the cost of defend (Axe or

Blades)
- 80: Mug II May steal an item on hit

Skill 7 = s0 + 0x3B
- 01: Miracle - May avoid a lethal blow
- 02: Armsthrift - Slow down weapon degradation
- 04: Hide - Become invisible in various terrain
- 08: Hurry - +1 Mov , but can only Wait if used
- 10: Lance - Can Equip Lance
- 20: Blade - Can Equip Blade
- 40: ??? - Not shown
- 80: ??? - Not shown

for example if you want Axe Guard and Long bow man then at offset s0 + 0x34 you should add 1 + 2 = 3, do it the same for other address

- How to capture any character

When the cursor is on any character, put the breakpoint at 0x00178554 and read the v0 register.The 4 bytes status flag is at v0 + 0x5C, if you +4 to the address and add 80 to that value that character will instantly become crippled and can be easily captured, use this method you can capture anyone instantly instead of reloading the save again and again and hope that the character is injured, and just because he is injured doesn't mean he will be crippled before he dies.

- How to hack weapon

View the character info using Triangle and put the breakpoint at 0x0017C590, after that read the s2 register it is their inventory address.

Edited by eatrawmeat391
Cheat Updated

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, this allows the player to get all weapon that turns into normal weapon.

About Dark Magic I think you can obtain them and there is no replacement restriction, however as I remember the only one who is capable of learning Dark Magic (who is very weak) can only use the Drain HP Dark Magic and Dark Heal without being underleveled which totally kills the scroll's usefulness.Those Dark Magic is for Collector's Item who will give you a reward if you give it to him.

And yes about the video I would like to see it if is possible

Edited: I tested and status ailment for enemies works perfectly.I was managed to inflict the enemy with Sleep and Poison

Edited by eatrawmeat391
Forgetting to put something

Cool.I think the face ids are somewhere near the weapon address.I don't find hacking characters useful in Berwick Saga since there is no VS mode where two players can battle with each other.

I have added another cheat that let the player control the enemies.

10 hours ago, eatrawmeat391 said:

Cool.I think the face ids are somewhere near the weapon address.I don't find hacking characters useful in Berwick Saga since there is no VS mode where two players can battle with each other.

I have added another cheat that let the player control the enemies.

It could be interesting, the NPC's might have ID's with unique traits, such as being able to use certain weapons. It also might effect stat growth. Like turning Derrick into Pierce(General boss character, I've seen) or Clifford into Vester.

Class changing units and altering stats would be the coolest though. Imagine something like Dark Crusader/Knight Ouro/Volo, Raze bishop Owen, or Gigas Knight Derrick.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

I found out a way to get the inventory address of any visible enemies.I will try to edit the data around it to see if anything useful changes.

I just discovered something interesting, if you use the Controllable Enemies code and you enter a shop as an enemy their Money will be 0.It appears that the game doesn't use the player's money for the enemies but enemies has its own money.

I figured out a cheat that can allow the player buy anything in any store(with special items being free)..In the game code there are about 767 items that the game can read.If you want I will post it here

5 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Awesome.

Have you tested the portraits codes? Are they linked to IDs, and what of stat growths?

I have managed to change the portrait and class of a player.But I can tell you that, from experience with hacking Tearing Saga, the player's name will determine which unique weapon we can get as well as their class' unique colors.The name is a tricky address to find because it does not change, Stat changes are possible, but given the limitation of PS2 cheat device.We can only hack them using Cheat Engine.

Added another code to let the player play any sidequests

Weiss hacked in the game as a permanent party member.I did that by replacing him with a playabe character.By adjusting Unit Type to 0x68 we can make any mercenaries member in the party permanently or the hacked character will be lost upon the next chapter

Chaos hacked in Party

Edited by eatrawmeat391

On 4/25/2018 at 5:03 AM, eatrawmeat391 said:

Weiss hacked in the game as a permanent party member.I did that by replacing him with a playabe character.By adjusting Unit Type to 0x68 we can make any mercenaries member in the party permanently or the hacked character will be lost upon the next chapter.

Chaos hacked in Party

Wow that is incredible. So you can make the hacked character join temporarily or permanently join in like if a Merc's happiness had been maxed?

Do the characters have stat growths of any kind?

Also do you take requests for characters to add or moves to see?

I'd like to see what unplayable classes like Gigas Knight max their weapon stat at? Then there are classes who have weapon types they never use. Like the Dark Crusaders/Black Knights, including Chaos, all have the ability to use dark magic, but never do so in the game.  Think if you use Chaos again, you could have her wield a dark magic weapon to see if an animation exists?

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Sure, here you go

Yes, with my tutorial on hacking with Cheat Engine in the first post, you can make mercenaries and hacked character join permanently.

I take request but I don't have all the save for every chapters so it is better if the one who makes request can give me the save the character is in.

The hacked character seems not to gain any stat growth

1 hour ago, eatrawmeat391 said:

Sure, here you go

Yes, with my tutorial on hacking with Cheat Engine in the first post, you can make mercenaries and hacked character join permanently.

I take request but I don't have all the save for every chapters so it is better if the one who makes request can give me the save the character is in.

The hacked character seems not to gain any stat growth

Wow, its great, they even have very well animated animations,  I'll be sure to link the video on the Fire Emblem wiki article on the class! I love it when unused class animations are found!

Do you think you can do generic characters? Some classes like Gigas Knight only have generics in them to my knowledge. 

If you can't do generics, Pierce from chapter 14 would be cool if you have that chapter.

If not, you could do one of the chief/scoundrel bosses from several chapters like Griff or Richard the first boss.

Enemy stats seem to be set, so I'm not too surprised. I think weapon skill growth is by character, so I assume they don't have that. Though even without stat increasing codes, there is probably a list of class caps in the internal data.

9 hours ago, eatrawmeat391 said:

I can do generic ,I just need the save for the sake of stat accuracy.About Richard he can have a horse if you take control of him using my Controllable Enemies code.

I have made a test to make Chaos and Weiss fight each other.

You can take a look here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Acp-T-YRrg&feature=youtu.be

Awesome, what saves do you have?

Makes sense, all enemy classes appear to be able to mount and dismount in Berwick Saga.

That was an amazing battle!

I have likely lost all saves of Berwick Saga, even if I still have them it is the last stage's save so it will not be useful.I have a save of chapter 3 and chapter 2

Just made a cheat code to save every turn.

Useful for cheaters who want to reload the RNG that save state can't do.

I just noticed game will delete the banned weapon like poison arrow from the player's inventory so I made a cheat code to prevent that.

Edited by eatrawmeat391

5 hours ago, eatrawmeat391 said:

I have likely lost all saves of Berwick Saga, even if I still have them it is the last stage's save so it will not be useful.I have a save of chapter 3 and chapter 2

Just made a cheat code to save every turn.

Useful for cheaters who want to reload the RNG that save state can't do.

I just noticed game will delete the banned weapon like poison arrow from the player's inventory so I made a cheat code to prevent that.

Speaking of the last save, can you get the King and Nobleman NPCs as playable characters with the code. We see they have battle sprites.

But first I will have to go through 255 values to check for the class there.It will take a while.I have made video about the class ID as I figure out the class

About the save I already made one save at Chapter 3 that has Chaos and Weiss permanently recruited into party.Once I found out about the two class you mentioned I will add them to the save for sure.

4 hours ago, eatrawmeat391 said:

But first I will have to go through 255 values to check for the class there.It will take a while.I have made video about the class ID as I figure out the class

About the save I already made one save at Chapter 3 that has Chaos and Weiss permanently recruited into party.Once I found out about the two class you mentioned I will add them to the save for sure.

A video of the characters I'm talking about. Basically the King and Noble NPCs who appear in the final chapter. I'm wondering if your final chapter allows you to recruit Volchen and Padlof basically.

Spearman/Ruffian/Imperial Volo actually has his own palette, is that the playable palette for those classes or does his Myrmidon palette apply to the NPC classes? Do Volo's growths still apply in these classes?

Edited by Emperor Hardin

10 hours ago, eatrawmeat391 said:

I've attached a list of units, classes, items, events, and city locations. Hope it helps you with your endeavors!

berwick-datalist.xls

5 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Wow thats great!

I was thinking, do you have access to all class caps?

Anyone with that BSEdit program I sent you has access to them! As translator, though, I've only got access to text and script filenames.

You can find it here: (http://www.geocities.jp/kt_0t3wqu6irw/tool2/BS_Editor_v101.zip)