eatrawmeat391's Berwick Saga cheat

eatrawmeat391

5 hours ago, owlet1234 said:

Thank you. I figured that out. The reason I couldn't find it at first was because the byte was reversed for me.

hex.jpg.dc8f8b772eed00d23c94fbd6dd3f0ba1.jpg

Anyway, have you found a way to edit weapon skills?

P.S: Actually I've found the addresses to edit weapon skills and some of the stats. I can't find the address for Movement range.

really? you found to edit weapon skill... I could increase Move of Cleric by 1 (not skill)... but I forgot the value, it was in character's stats... and even you set a skill that +1 Mov... it didn't turn into 5 Mov...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/9/2018 at 7:24 AM, eatrawmeat391 said:

Wow you guys have figured out almost everything that I want to answer.

Check the first post, I have added the new hack that can allow the capture of anyone.

I wonder if there is unused capture dialogue like there was in Thracia 776. That'll be interesting experiment, I guess I'll try that once I get the game running.

• 5 months later...

so i really want to try these edit techniques. but im not really a modder, but i want to learn. my question is, what should i look up to learn before i try to attempt any of this? like just hex editing, or something else as well?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2019 at 7:07 AM, Darkyan97 said:

Does anyone know what is the adress for Magic stat? I really want to promote Enid but she didn't get a single point of Mag in 9 level ups.

I'll try to look for one.

This is a bit of a request, but do you think could try out Gigas Knight Dean to see his class caps.

12 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I'll try to look for one.

This is a bit of a request, but do you think could try out Gigas Knight Dean to see his class caps.

It could be some time until I can do it because I have exams, but I'll check it out eventually.

• 7 months later...

Has anyone be able to change a character's portrait for example, change reese portrait into someone else? If so, how can it be done? I even saw a portrait of reese with blue hair, I'll even take that so much appreciated to anyone who can tell me, thanks an advance.

On 1/15/2020 at 12:22 AM, ChosenSeed said:

Has anyone be able to change a character's portrait for example, change reese portrait into someone else? If so, how can it be done? I even saw a portrait of reese with blue hair, I'll even take that so much appreciated to anyone who can tell me, thanks an advance.

Oh, ya mean the avatar.. ya can change it at the 3rd 2-bytes.

image.png.5baf20170e62e9177d7223da7a0f526f.png

13 hours ago, Setsuna.F.Seiei said:

Oh, ya mean the avatar.. ya can change it at the 3rd 2-bytes.

image.png.5baf20170e62e9177d7223da7a0f526f.png

Oh ok so it is the avatar, pretty much eatrawmeat391 tutorial on how to edit characters right? I've never done something like this before so I got lost when I tried to follow his instructions, specifically... 

"- Take note of the value in the s0 register, it is 0x01E1869C, We will add 0x20000000 (to get PCSX2 address) to it making it 0x21E1869C."

Didn't understand what he meant by making it 0x20000000 even if it meant to do it on  cheat engine for I wouldn't begin to know how so I just pretty much gave up. But thanks again for responding and letting me know it's possible, I'll be trying to figure out how to work all these coding since you guys make it seem so simple so so hopefully there's pretty good youtube tutorials on how to do this.

Edit: Okay so I tried to find where to edit reese address  and it seem like the memory viewer in cheat engine was the place but when I went there, it doesn't look exactly what you showed me under your image, and nothing seems to change when I do try to edit reese address so am I editing them in the right place or is there another program I need?

Edited by ChosenSeed

21 hours ago, Setsuna.F.Seiei said:

oh I see... you must see it as 8 bits for my case (in cheat engine has this option). eatrawmeat391's tutorial is for 4 bits.

But this is where I keep getting confused, where did you go to edit his codes because it looks like you did it straight from the emulator debugger and not cheat engine. The format of the codes you posted under your image look just the same as the one on the emulator debugger. I'm sorry if I seem confusing but I just want to know where exactly I need to go to edit reese's code.

Edit: I was actually able to change his portrait to someone else which I was able to do using the debugger on the emulator, Now I'm just waiting to see if the changes is permanent or is it just for that chapter.

Edited by ChosenSeed

4 hours ago, Setsuna.F.Seiei said:

These changes are permanent. But be careful with the name. Do not change it unless you don't want to see the related event to that character.

Yea thanks for letting me know, still haven't completed the current chapter, having difficulty with this one mission. Also thanks for helping me out with finding out where these codes were, really appreciated man.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are the character stats near the held equipment bytes in ram??

I can use CE to change items/weapons in the character slots, bronze sword has a byte value of 34 (decimal), and killing edge is 54, Vulenary should be 205, bag is 218.

You can hack in cool items like Warp, extra Bags, stat boosters, and useful early-game weapons like Angon, and Grimhild

Available horses is also easy to hack, just search for the number available for sale, it will decrease as you buy them, every next two bytes is the next level of horse available, I managed to make infinite of the fast mov+1 horses available.

Can't figure out exp

Difficult game to hack,  I notice with Reese if you get the address for his bottom item slot - FD = his class address

But to get Ward's class address you can't just add a set number of bytes from Reese's, you have to find it manually

Edited by Alph

Are there any cheats to assist a semi-casual player? I'm very interested in this game, but don't want to subject myself to the brutal challenge. I don't want to remove all the challenge, though, by making the heroes immortal or something. A bit of a challenge is fine. Could anyone help me out?

On 3/4/2020 at 2:01 AM, Trotmeister said:

Are there any cheats to assist a semi-casual player? I'm very interested in this game, but don't want to subject myself to the brutal challenge. I don't want to remove all the challenge, though, by making the heroes immortal or something. A bit of a challenge is fine. Could anyone help me out?

You could try hacking in items, go to storage and put a vulenary and a bronze sword in a storage room bag, now open cheat engine and attach it to pcsx2, then on the first scan change the search type from 4-byte to byte. Now make sure your character item slots are filled except the bottom slot, now interact with the bag on the floor in storage, move the bronze sword from the bag to the character's bottom slot and search for 34, then swap it with the vulenary and on the second scan search for 205, keep swapping it out like this and scanning till you get one address. Add the address to the cheat engine list, now you can change the item type, it's easier if you set hotkeys to increment and decrement the value by 1, like the [ and ] keys, one to increment an one to decrement. You can see all this by right-clicking on the cheat engine entry. Also you can save this as a table, and load it the next time you play, the memory seems to be static so you won't have to deal with dynamic memory changing the address each time, but it may happen eventually, in which case you need to find the value again.

Edit: been playing around with Classes and Skills

Berwick Hacks 1.jpg

Edited by Alph

• 2 months later...

this miiight be necro-posting but im still struggling with the cheat engine aspect of the process. So my goal is to say, increase christines bow rank from 6 to 16, and i got the s0 address for her using the debugger. but im not sure how to use cheat engine to search for that address and then change the value. Any advice?

On 5/13/2020 at 11:35 AM, Xylon7373 said:

this miiight be necro-posting but im still struggling with the cheat engine aspect of the process. So my goal is to say, increase christines bow rank from 6 to 16, and i got the s0 address for her using the debugger. but im not sure how to use cheat engine to search for that address and then change the value. Any advice?

The debugger will give you Christine's base address the s0, you then take the address and remove the 0 at the front and replace it with a 2. 

For example 0xxxxxxx becomes 2xxxxxxx, then you open the game in Cheat engine and click "add address manually"

I'm not sure where bow skill is but it's s0+24 or higher, so when you add address manually enter it as 2xxxxxxx + 24 

Where xxxxxxx is the s0 address,

I'm not sure of the exact bow skill address, but that's how it works. Always save first before changing anything

Edited by Alph

• 2 months later...

I kinda soft-locked myself because my chosen team kinda sucks for 9-2 and I saved over my files like the idiot I am.

Can someone explain to me how to make enemies crippled using cheat engine? I tried to follow the instructions on the first page but nothing happens no matter what I do.