Anyone Hear of the "H5 Prologue" and "Gaiden Requirements Fix" hacks?

So I was surfing the Romhacking.net forums a few days ago...and apparently, someone named "Cirosan" released this!

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3961/

That's right.  Patch that puppy, and you'll always go through the Prologue on all difficulties!  And if you want, you can use the version of it that also gets rid of Gaiden requirements.  No more having to kill off your characters!

You'll wanna be careful though; H5 Prologue is no picnic.  The guy had to make some drastic changes to Prologue I and II just to make them possible.  Giving Marth a Vulnerary at the start, making certain enemies drop Vulneraries, and even changing the class and equipment of some of those enemies...those are all things he did.  And even then, the difficulty was still comparable to Lunatic Reverse on FE12...

Course, on the other hand, Chapters 1-3 end up being a lot easier; to the point where my Marth was doubling the Chapter 1 pirates :P: .

But yeah, anyone else hear of those?

Salutations.

If you grabbed them from RH.net, you'll want to redownload them from the above threads. I've since fixed an additional bug, but as RH.net takes a while to process uploads, they're hosted on Mega and linked in the threads until the uploads clear.

Glad you had fun with the hack!

So are there just no requirements for the Gaidens? You just go to them every time? I assume Tiki still needs to be dead and the Falchion lost for the last one, otherwise it's just sort of weird.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

So are there just no requirements for the Gaidens? You just go to them every time? I assume Tiki still needs to be dead and the Falchion lost for the last one, otherwise it's just sort of weird.

You assume correctly. Chapters 6x, 12x, 17x, and 20x trigger automatically, but 24x's conditions are unchanged - Tiki has to be dead and the Falchion unobtained.

3 hours ago, CatManThree said:

I knew the Gaiden requirements thing existed by the hard 5 prologue is a real surprise.

Please note that you can play the prologue on any hard mode now, not just H5.

3 hours ago, Cirosan said:

You assume correctly. Chapters 6x, 12x, 17x, and 20x trigger automatically, but 24x's conditions are unchanged - Tiki has to be dead and the Falchion unobtained.

I can still use the exploit of having Tiki take the Falchion into her possession, killing her off, and then using the Aum staff to resurrect her as soon as the Gaiden begins.

Anyway, I didn't know there was a hack to let you play the prologue on Hard Mode.  That's pretty neat in case I wanted to use good ol' Frey or Norne over one of the other cavs and Gordon... or if I wanted to overlevel certain units.

40 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I can still use the exploit of having Tiki take the Falchion into her possession, killing her off, and then using the Aum staff to resurrect her as soon as the Gaiden begins.

Anyway, I didn't know there was a hack to let you play the prologue on Hard Mode.  That's pretty neat in case I wanted to use good ol' Frey or Norne over one of the other cavs and Gordon... or if I wanted to overlevel certain units.

Oh wow. Always knew you could revive Tiki, but I never considered giving her the Falchion and getting it back that way. I'd assume it would have automatically gone back to the Convoy. Hmm, still, you lose the Star Sphere to get the Falchion, and I think I'd rather keep that for infinite Divine Stone use.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Oh wow. Always knew you could revive Tiki, but I never considered giving her the Falchion and getting it back that way. I'd assume it would have automatically gone back to the Convoy. Hmm, still, you lose the Star Sphere to get the Falchion, and I think I'd rather keep that for infinite Divine Stone use.

Yeah, it's a strange glitch that you can read about here.  The Falchion actually does go back into the convoy, but only after you beat the chapter where Tiki dies.  So if you have Tiki die with the Falchion on her in Chapter 24, you'll trick the game into thinking you never recovered the Falchion when really it will return as soon as you get into the preparation screen for Chapter 24x.  Amusingly enough, this also means you'll get two Falchions, because Nagi will still give you one, and you'll get a whole new fresh Divine Stone.

Though I think infinite-use Divine Stone is better than Falchion anyway.  Tiki's much better at wholesale army slaughterer than Marth.

Edited by Ertrick36

2 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Yeah, it's a strange glitch that you can read about here.  The Falchion actually does go back into the convoy, but only after you beat the chapter where Tiki dies.  So if you have Tiki die with the Falchion on her in Chapter 24, you'll trick the game into thinking you never recovered the Falchion when really it will return as soon as you get into the preparation screen for Chapter 24x.  Amusingly enough, this also means you'll get two Falchions, because Nagi will still give you one, and you'll get a whole new fresh Divine Stone.

Though I think infinite-use Divine Stone is better than Falchion anyway.  Tiki's much better at wholesale army slaughter than Marth.

Huh. Might do it some time just for fun. I've played through Shadow Dragon half a dozen times, but I don't think I've bothered to get the Falchion since my first.

Well, since Cirosan DOES indeed visit this forum...I have a request.

Could you please buff Camus's stats?  According to lore, he is essentially the Chuck Norris of the Archanean world.  His strength is SO preposterously high, that he was actually able to single-handedly defeat an army with...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-50 Paladins

-70 Knights

-A fire dragon Manakete

-"100 other men"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This feat (which was done while Camus was helping Nyna escape) was so ludicrous, that Medeus himself had to personally intervene.  And upon seeing Camus, he personally commented that his strength reminded him of Anri.  What that implies is that Camus could actually beat Medeus if he had (and knew how to use) the Falchion.  Citations for all this can be found here...

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/84f5yr/fire_emblem_power_level_analysis_camus/

So what I propose is this; make a separate patch where Camus is given a major stat buff.  Don't max out his stats; just make him strong enough to beat Medeus on all modes, Normal or Hard (assuming he was using Falchion).  Give him an A Rank in Swords (even though he doesn't use them), pump his HP to 60, then make sure his H5 self has his Level 20 averages in New Mystery for the rest of his stats.  Instead of Camus having...

40-58 HP

14-21 STR

13-19 SKL

17-21 SPD

15 DEF

8 RES

Make it so Camus has...

59-60 HP

25 STR

23-28 SKL

25 SPD

23 DEF

15 RES

Instead.  

Would you mind doing that, Cirosan?  Thanks so much!

Edited by FionordeQuester