Golden Week Speculation

Shiki

Soon it's going to be that time again.
You know where Japan starts to spend a lot of money which entices Gacha games to drop some alluring deals. FEH is no exception to that and the schedule revealed a "Golden Week Celebration" alongside several other summoning events. This means you should prepare your wallets.
Let's discuss what might pull those coins from your purse.

I for one definetly expect Hero Fest 4. Past Hero Fests included:
- Hero Fest (Ryoma, Azura, Hector, Takumi)
- Hero Fest 2 (Ike, Ninian, Julia, Genny)
- Hero Fest 3 (Sigurd, Nephenee, Brave Ike, Brave Lyn)
Every time a Hero Fest is released we have all Colors on there and every Hero is 5* exclusive. My guess are:

Ayra (arguably the strongest Infantry Sword in the game)
Micaiah (counters 2 popular movement types and has good skills for SI)
Myrrh (absurd stats, unique movement type, prf Breath; Grima was on the last BHB banner so it's unlikely they will re-use him again)
Elise or Innes (really could be either one since both are quite rare and didn't have a focus for a long time)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the next Hero fest banner will feature BH!Roy and BH!Lucina, since the last one featured the other CYL units. 

BH!Roy could be featured also on the next legendary banner though, I don't think we'll see him on both. 

While I'm expecting a Hero Fest.. they might throw a curve ball and do another Legendary Banner outside of its usual rotation. 

If they do stick with Hero Fest, I'd say the more likely options are:

Red: Ayra or Zelgius. Off chance of Eirika (SM), or Fallen Celica. Ayra and Zelguis are the best units, Eirika has great fodder, F.Celica has a B slot skill others would like for sure. Mia I guess has a chance as well, but that seems a lot more far fetched, basically Ayra lite.

Blue: Micaiah or Hardin. Off chance of Delthea, Linde, or Tana. Micaiah is an excellent anti-meta unit with some good fodder, Hardin is arguably the best blue unit in the game. Delthea is still very powerful and has some good fodder. Linde is always in high demand, Tana is very powerful and has good fodder.

Green: Dorcas, Myrrh, or Grima!Robin. Off chance of Deirdre. Dorcas is a very powerful unit who's basically Hector lite, but with some very good fodder. Myrrh and Grima!Robin don't really need any explanation. Deirdre is a lot less obvious of a pick but Julia made a previous one, dragons are popular right now, having a Ploy to fodder isn't bad either.

Grey: Innes. It almost has to be Innes. Elise is a distant second choice to me: she's not a good fodder unit and she's still ultimately just a healer, I don't see her being used for a Golden Week cash grab. Sothe wouldn't be a bad choice but he's 4-5*.

If they decide to use seasonal units things open up a bit more for grey in particular, but for now that's what I'd put my money on.

Edited by TheNiddo

I wouldn't put it past IS to have units being rerun as Focus units very quickly (ie. Zelgius made his debut last February only to appear again as a Legendary Heroes Focus unit less than a month after his debut banner had ended; Brave Lucina and Brave Lyn had appeared on Legendary Heroes Focus banners twice; Lyn and Hector were both featured as Voting Gauntlet Focus units only to reappear as Tempest Trials mini Focus units in only a matter of DAYS after said Voting Gauntlet had ended) for this Hero Fest.

Red: Zelgius (one of the most overpowered units in the game)
Blue: Hardin (very powerful lance armored unit, Bold Fighter fodder)
Green: Brave Ike (in great demand among players wanting to build high-end dragon/armor/infantry units) or Grima (an apparent fan-favorite for those building Dragon or Armor Emblem teams, Vengeful Fighter fodder)
Colorless: Brave Lyn (fan-favorite, considered very powerful in both Arena and PvE, Swift Sparrow fodder)

Edited by Roflolxp54

What I am hoping for would be:

Red: Zelgius 

Blue: Hardin

Green: M!Grima/Myrrh

Colorless: Innes

If just one of these is on the banner I will be happy. though Innes would be my last choice since I would just want him for merges and I don't have the rest.

12 minutes ago, THE underdog said:

I am not a fan of the hero fest. Pity breakers and stuff... It might have been a great deal last year when 5% was new,  but not this year. I doubt they will come up with something good - free orbs notwithstanding

With the 5* pool cleaned up, almost every pity breaker is pretty good now. 

I'm guessing it'll be some free orbs (like 10 or something), another daily orb set, the hero fest obviously and I'll assume some new daily maps. Maybe developer maps, maybe just generic "celebration" maps, something like that.

"Golden Week Celebration" is a battle event due to sharing a color with TT, GHB, GC and ID. Special maps were found in the datamine so I'm guessing it's that. I'm guessing the "celebration" is a boatload of free orbs. Hero Fest 4 will probably come around the same time

Edited by silveraura25

I'm probably going to be a bit disappointed if it's just another Hero Fest, though I assume that'll be the case. I was hoping they'd up the ante over last year now that even legendary banners are a monthly affair, but who knows. I almost hope it's not that exciting since there's so many new heroes banners to save up for just in case, plus brides/summer units on the horizon.

At least more free orbs is always a good thing.

Given that the Legendary Hero banner runs from May 1 to May 8, and Golden Week is the week of April 30 to May 4, I have a feeling we won't be getting a Hero Fest banner.

Also, given that the event on the calendar is green, I'm assuming we'll get something like daily maps or something similar to the New Year event. Easy maps for a ton of orbs or something like that.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Given that the Legendary Hero banner runs from May 1 to May 8, and Golden Week is the week of April 30 to May 4, I have a feeling we won't be getting a Hero Fest banner.

Also, given that the event on the calendar is green, I'm assuming we'll get something like daily maps or something similar to the New Year event. Easy maps for a ton of orbs or something like that.

Wasn’t the last Hero fest around the same time as a Legendary banner as well?

although i feel they would want to announce a Hero fest banner to get some hype

Just now, mcsilas said:

Wasn’t the last Hero fest around the same time as a Legendary banner as well?

although i feel they would want to announce a Hero fest banner to get some hype

The last Hero Fest overlapped with Legendary Ike's Legendary Hero banner, but the fact that no Hero Fest banner is currently announced on the schedule decreases the chance that we'll get one. It's not out of the question, but my gut feeling says there might not be one.

I mean, they could very well be being sneaky.

Red: Ayra/Mia/Zelgius - The top 3 red units that have not been on one of these banners. 

Blue: Hardin/Brave Lucina/Linde/Delthea/Micaiah - Some of the best blue units in the game, most of these are great fodder as well

Green: Male Grima/Myrhh/Dorcas - Some of the best green units in the game and have good fodder

Colorless: Elise/Innes: Really the only options for colorless

Or they could do

Red: Legendary Ike

Green: Guunthra

Blue: Legendary Ephraim

Colorless: Female Grima

Unlikely, but they have the correct amount of legendary heroes to do it (not including Fjorm cause shes free but so is Legendary Ike but bleh)

We will probably get orb maps that will leave us with a lot of orbs. Good thing too, since I need orbs for the legendary banner. 

As far as Hero Fest goes, it'd be neat if they did one with the Legendary Heroes: Ike, Fjorm/Ephraim, Gunnthra, F. Grima, but part of me kind of doubts that will happen unless they rename it Legendary Hero Fest. XD But that'd also be kind of a dirty thing to do... 

As far as normal characters go, I'm hoping to see: Ayra, Micaiah/F. Morgan, Myrrh/M. Grima, and Innes or Jaffar. I really REALLY just want to see Ayra. She's been on two banners (maybe three...) I think, and she always shares her color with someone else. But yeah. I'd definitely pull for everyone here. 

10 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I'd just like to see an increase in the amount of letters you can have in a nickname. I can't have "Nice Bakuretsu" because of the limit; "Kagero's Kageros" is also a no go.

You can try using Japanese instead of the English to help contract things. Mine is 金剛$€£¥!X¤Ray: Invincible Sexy XRay. I wanted to fill up the whole naming slot, so I threw in ! and ¤ to surround the X.

Nice Bakuretsu:
(9) Nice バクレツ
(7) Nice 爆裂

Kagero's Kageros:
(9) カゲロウのカゲロウ
(10) カゲロウのカゲロウ達

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Mine is 金剛$€£¥!X¤Ray: Invincible Sexy XRay.

Oh, is that what that was supposed to be?

I'd use 無敵 (muteki) instead of 金剛 (kongou) for "invincible". The former literally means "without enemies" whereas the latter loosely means "harder than diamond" (I typically translate it as "adamant(ium)" when used in this sense).

12 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I really REALLY just want to see Ayra. She's been on two banners (maybe three...) I think, and she always shares her color with someone else.

Ayra's been on two banners, the Genealogy of Light Tempest Trials banner with Eldigan and Fjorm's Legendary Hero banner with Ike and Celica.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh, is that what that was supposed to be?

I'd use 無敵 (muteki) instead of 金剛 (kongou) for "invincible". The former literally means "without enemies" whereas the latter loosely means "harder than diamond" (I typically translate it as "adamant(ium)" when used in this sense).

Ah, I think I made a mistake in my own nickname. I somehow thought 金剛 meant invincible when I was researching waifus Japanese battleships on Wikipedia and I read about Kongou class battleship. Wikipedia said that the British launched the HMS Invincible and the Japanese wanted some of that sweet thicc ass technology too, so the British transferred some technology and helped them build a new waifu class of warships. I think that is where I got the idea that 金剛 equated to invincibility.

Well, I guess 金剛 has gold in it so it goes well with the currency symbols and "harder than diamonds" is certainly $€£¥! I like how it became more of an innuendo.

Edited by XRay

@Roflolxp54
Just saying but your prediction is very unlikely because both Brave Ike and Brave Lyn were in the previous Hero Fest. I think you can reasonably expect that IS is not that dumb (plus Brave Ike is a focus on the current banner).

18 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also, given that the event on the calendar is green, I'm assuming we'll get something like daily maps or something similar to the New Year event.

It could be that fortune-drawing again which we had last year on the website.

20 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

There are a bunch of reward maps according to the World of Thracia datamine.

Spoiler

Reward Map, Vs. Xander

Reward Map, Vs. Camilla

Reward Map, Vs. Azura

Reward Map, Vs. Ike

Reward Map, Vs. Roy

Reward Map, Vs. Robin M

Reward Map, Vs. Takumi

Reward Map, Vs. Robin F

Reward Map, Vs. Lucina

Reward Map, Vs. Chrom

Reward Map, Vs. Lyn

Reward Map, Vs. Saias

Of course, Reward Map, VS. Saias is the exception as that's a GHB battle. Unless IS is suddenly feeling generous in giving away copies of fan-favorite units, they'd likely give away orbs during Golden Week.

25 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

There are a bunch of reward maps according to the World of Thracia datamine.

Hide contents

Reward Map, Vs. Xander

Reward Map, Vs. Camilla

Reward Map, Vs. Azura

Reward Map, Vs. Ike

Reward Map, Vs. Roy

Reward Map, Vs. Robin M

Reward Map, Vs. Takumi

Reward Map, Vs. Robin F

Reward Map, Vs. Lucina

Reward Map, Vs. Chrom

Reward Map, Vs. Lyn

Reward Map, Vs. Saias

Of course, Reward Map, VS. Saias is the exception as that's a GHB battle. Unless IS is suddenly feeling generous in giving away copies of fan-favorite units, they'd likely give away orbs during Golden Week.

Would probably be the best quests ever.

37 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Unless IS is suddenly feeling generous in giving away copies of fan-favorite units

I would actually find it funny if they did do that, but made the reward units be 1-star rarity.

Also the amount of crying from players that then accidentally send home the otherwise 5-star-exclusive characters without realizing they were otherwise 5-star-exclusive.