How good are you at Fire Emblem?

Ronnie

Average to above average. I always play on the highest difficulty except for Awakening Lunatic+ (never tried, don't want to face OP skill combinations and reinforcements attacking on the same turn) and the two DS games.

If we are talking about Heroes, average at best. I need f2p guides to beat GHB on Infernal and CC on Lunatic. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on the game for me.

In the younger FE parts I have more trouble because of the pair up mechanic. It's more complicated to calculate the damage due to the skill system and dual attack. Actually I'm pretty good in calculating, but in a videogame I'm too lazy to do it. So my Conquest run on normal became a massacre at the end. Never beaten it on higher difficulty. I never bothered to beat FE13 on lunatic (+) because it was just artificial difficulty to me. Also I'm really terrible in Heroes regarding skill (inheritence). I don't even know what some skills even do and pay not enough attention on them.

I could / can lowturn the Tellius games mainly because I played them more than enough to know everything about their games.

FE6 also gives me trouble mainly because it's a hit and hope game due to the nerfed accuracy of most weapons. Earlygame especially chapter 7 is painful.

FE6-10 and Birthright are the parts I beat on highest difficulty.

Edited by Hecatia Lapislazuli

I don't think I'm too bad. Not particularly great either, since I tend to do more unforced errors then I would like (not checking enemy stats/weapons when I really should is the most common one), but I have a pretty good grasp of the mechanics and how to use the resources the game gives me. I haven't finished that many games on highest difficulty, only FE6, FE8, and FE9, but I didn't have that much trouble with FE6 and I think that I should be able to beat HHM and RD's HM as well, but in the last few years, I've only replayed FE7 with the randomizer and wouldn't want to deal with HHM's low unit slots. And I find FE10 HM incredibly tedious, what with the disabled enemy range display. :/ I've beaten part 1 on HM at some point (i.e. the most difficult part), so I'm confident that I would be able to do the rest too, but I really don't want to. ;)

31 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

How do we define a good player exactly? Do we take into account LTC or unit effectiveness?

Fair point without an actual grading system, I tend to play on hard personally, and while I could do Lunatic and its evil versions, It tends to ruin the fun out of it. Should come up with a tick box list and then grade an overall score.

I'm pretty average at strategy games because I lack patience. I've beaten most fire emblem games on the hardest difficulty, minus fe9/10/13, but I soft rest a lot. My units get absolutely destroyed on iron man runs so I'm not that good tbh. 

I'd like to think I'm below adequate to adequate.

Half the time my plans work and half the time I have to pray.

It's gotten to the point where I just start rashly judging moves in anticipation of other things because I'm impatient at times.

I’d say I’m good to bad. I’m better at some of the more modern games, with Echoes being a true test that I am happy to have accomplished. I’m playing Geneolgy, and I’m messing up a lot, but I usually fix my mistakes

I'm a bit rubbish, really. I normally play on Normal - Casual, but I have.completed Awakening and Echoes on Hard - Classic. Mind you, for Awakening, I have the EXP DLC, and I grind in the dungeons in Echoes...hm.

In regards to Heroes, well, hahah. I suck at the Infernal modes.

I think good by my own standards, though I'd likely get creamed if I was to take on another player somehow. I still tend to do a fair bit of google searching to find the 'best way' to do certain things. But then again, I feel like as long as you can beat the games to your own satisfaction that's most important, since it's not really pvp or anything.

Not sure what qualifies as good or bad but I think I’m ok. Although Conquest Hard-Classic gave me lots and lots of trouble when I played it. I also can’t do low turn or ranked runs (to be fair I’m not really interested in it) as I seem to like dragging out fights and I use fell contracts/ocean seals + stat ups. I like to play kinda risky taking chances that I’ll activate a critical or that the enemy will miss. So maybe I’m not as good as I thought but I can get through most FEs with relative ease.

I like to think I'm pretty good, though that only stems from having beaten most of the games on the hardest difficulty. I've never strayed into the area of draft runs or 0% growths or even going for ranks. I have done some iron man runs, though.

I think I'm decent at Fire Emblem, but nowhere near the top tier level. I've been trying to finish maps faster and play without grinding more often on harder difficulties I might add. 

Edited by Black Zero

I’m gonna say average. I mostly play Fire Emblem games on normal difficulty. I could never try to play any of those on a higher difficulty because it’s a lot of stress.

• 2 weeks later...

FE7: I cleared HHM once, unranked, but I did 4-5 Stars well, save in EXP. The EXP rank seems the worst of the bunch by far, so, restricted, the deployment, slots! How in the world am I supposed to feed weaklings EXP and still have enough space to field all my necessary powerhouses and complete the battle in a reasonable timeframe? It wasn't bad mostly ranked, I probably should have been a bit more cautious though, I confess to the use of some restore points (including some to arena grind L and E to get Linus's FFO). But I tried not to go crazy with them.

FE8: Hard Mode no grind is not the joke people make it out to be. Seth and the Duessel do make it manageable, but Ephraim Hard is still mean at points if you try to play with efficiency in mind.

FE9: Plenty of times on Hard, never emulated so sadly I can't call it a joke.

FE10: Hard is only slightly worse than Normal, but I've done it no sweat, I just don't like Hard so much because the meaningless disabling of enemy ranges.

FE11: Took it slow and used Sedgar and Wolf and did do a Merciless once. Warpskipped the last two battles. Otherwise I preferred playing on the lower Hard modes- 1 or 2, maybe 3.

FE13: Did a Lunatic Classic once, with maybe a bit of DLC grinding, otherwise I low-manned with little use of Nostanking. Just Robin, Frederick, Chrom, and whoever was used in a given chapter as their Pair Up pals. Never going to try Lunatic + RNG Cheapness.

FE14: I've done Rev and BR Lunatic easily (on Classic). CQ Lunatic, well I had to cheat and use VP/BP rewards (and an Ebony Wing for Leo), plus maybe a little My Castle support grinding for kids (but only those whose parents I'm using), I'm up to Hinoka 2. Nasty difficulty, but I've made it most of the way, should be able to finish it. I instituted the BP-VP allowance after being overwhelmed by Chapter 7.

SoV: I've done plenty of Hard Classics, but I do admit to grinding here a bit. No grind Hard I have not really done, mostly because I still like delayed promotions on everyone not Mercs.

Overall, I try to avoid grinding, the use of the Turnwheel save for RNG flukes in SoV, Battle Saves, and restore points for my Wii U's FE7.

I'd say I'm average, with an attempt to be efficient and plough ahead, but willing to play cautiously if I feel I just can't do that.

Hard to judge, I beat Conquest Lunatic Casual with battle save abuse (only so I can beat it without losing anyone) and beat endgame without rescue skipping (and even then I couldn't beat it if I didn't win an extra freeze staff in the lottery after burning them all on chapter 25...)

The thing with battle saves is that it allows you to try out risky strategies or reset after an unfavorable outcome. Would this make me a 'worse' player than another that meticulously analyzes everything to come up with the perfect strategy even though such a playstyle would be draining and stressful if things go south? I personally found Conquest more enjoyable with battle saves, especially on tricky parts like Hinata's Chapter 23 posse or all of endgame.

I've beaten FE7-FE10 on their hardest difficulty. I haven't played Binding Blade hard mode yet even though I beat the game on normal mode with ease. HHM was the hardest for me followed by RD hard mode. FE8 Eirika route hard mode was easy enough for me to iron man but I ended up in situation where I lost everyone with the exception of Eirika and Ephraim. I think I'll try iron manning that game again and see how much I've improved. PoR hard mode is pretty easy. 

I always consider myself being a bad FE player at that. I find so many of its elements complicated for me to understand so often, I end up doing crap that others would not have recommended. For this reason, I just do the normal runs and nothing else. I'm one of those players who play them once and move on unless its something like FE7.

If you look at all the threads that I made, you can easily find out that I'm not good at arguing either. The fact that I'm relying on Serenes wizards on how to guide my team to beat the game just shows it. Only game that doesn't make you feel bad is birthright because Ryoma...

That being said, the strategy, the characters and the overall gameplay is what makes me love Fire Emblem so much.

I'm not particularly great. I have beaten very few of the games on their hardest difficulty settings. Been playing these games for over a decade and I still haven't beaten HHM lmao. I do not think I am wholly incapable. I definitely don't have as much time to play the games as when I was in middle/high school, and my attention often wanders elsewhere after struggling with a particularly difficult map. 

Half decent. I can function without casual mode, but prefer to use casual mode. Ive been playing FE for well over a decade so theres that. But while i have the skill to enter the Salty Spitoon, i have more fu. At Weenie Hut Jr's.