Why do you keep playing Fire Emblem?

The game is like fun

Really fun when you played it for the first time, then you just keep discovering various different ways you can go about things

Granted i'm not exactly the most hardcore of FE players, but i've keep revisiting the games because of this. Even without doing new stuff, doing what you used to do with the game can be a fun experience

4 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The game is like fun

Really fun when you played it for the first time, then you just keep discovering various different ways you can go about things

Granted i'm not exactly the most hardcore of FE players, but i've keep revisiting the games because of this. Even without doing new stuff, doing what you used to do with the game can be a fun experience

That to, the games have a lot of replayability 

I love being able to play a game more then once and with different units, the first play through I pick my favorites then when I play again I use a different team.  I also like that I have to think about who I should train first and what units should attack where.

I like the system (mostly), but the random level-ups are what keep me coming back for more.  My team is quite literally chosen by the RNG, and it's hilarious.

It's a series where you have to think (ahead). Coming up with a solution for the different obstacles you're facing --> maps, RNG, how good are your units and the enemies. There is a lot of replayability and feels rewarding when your units grow stronger.

And the mediaval setting, I'm a big fan of the Romans and Ancient Greece.

First reason would be the characters, the second is how accessible it is.

Fire Emblem is one of the few RPG's I've came acrossing where you can pick it up and start playing at any point. The systems are intricate, yes, but it doesn't take long for one to understand the basics enough to have fun playing the game.

And it's also made with non-grinding in mind (although later titles offer that option), so besides the lack of casual mode in older games, I can play through the game as intended progressing purely out of my skill alone and not because I decided to spend x hours leveling my characters.

It's also fun that the franchise is quite history-heavy but not due to the history itself (I'd say only 4, 9&10 have a bigger story honestly), but because the games are so character driven. You can complete the game without bothering with the plot at all but if you stop to explore each character and get their supports you end up finding out a lot about their world, and which ends up inciting the want to replay the games to try a different strategy and get the supports you lacked in the previous playthrough, etc.

I'd put it right alongside Zelda as one of these franchises that keeps on giving as long as you want to get more into it.

Because its a fun series to play, I also like many Tactical RPG's (Or Strategy RPG's as they are now called these days). Fire Emblem was one of the first I got into, along with Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre. Besides that most, the characters, especially those with development.

I've always loved SRPGs.  I dislike most JRPGs cause the gameplay is boring and repetitive, but with SRPG you get get the character development and story focus coupled with a turn based strategy game.  What puts Fire Emblem a little above Tactics Ogre/Final Fantasy Tactics style is the ability to field so many more characters and thus the scale of battle is much larger.  In addition the game moves a lot faster, and there are no 'generic' units, everyone is a character with their own personality and motivations.  

FE7 absolutely blew my mind.  This Nintendo series I had never heard about and was Japan only til that release.  I've been hooked ever since.

I love a good strategy game series with lots of replay value. I can go in, use different classes, promote them to different classes, and see different supports. I also enjoy the challenge of keeping all of my units alive despite dire odds.

Because its a lot more serious than other games of Nintendo. As much as I love Pokemon, I'm tired of 10 year olds being able to capture creatures that can defy law of physics; not to mention of how easy it is because GF insists on it being for kids. 

FE was so easy to get into because so many mechanics could be translated, such as turns, stats, and items. Yet, the more serious ideal and story ( despite how poor they tend to be ) is one reason I really enjoy FE.

The story, the gameplay, and the challenge as well as the general freedom and options on how to approach each challenge and customize your army (to a degree).  I also enjoy all the strategy involved as well as how Fire Emblem as an RPG is structured. I find it somewhat easier than say strategizing with main-series Pokemon for example (I've also yet to play more TRPGs. Does Pokemon Conquest count?)

Edited by Arcphoenix

The games just have alot of replayability. Weither its using different units, trying out new strategies, all that kinda stuff. Plus the story telling is usually top notch and is easy to get hooked on once you start playing.

That and i'm just a sucker for strategy games in general.

Fire Emblem's RPG elements made the games more accessible for me over other strategy games like Advance Wars going in. I keep coming back because of the playable characters' likable personalities. Many of them are tropes, but in a roster as large as Fire Emblem's there are always a hand full of subversive spins in those characters to keep them endearing.