Do You Think FE Switch Is Just Going To Get Delayed Into Early 2019?

Until they say otherwise, I'll continue to believe it's coming this year.

They asserted all last year that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was coming in 2017 and people continued to disbelieve that all year until they actually gave a December 2017 release, just as they promised.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/22/2018 at 3:54 PM, thecrimsonflash said:

...Of course I could be way off and smash bros. may not even be getting a new fire emblem character which this whole thing hinges on.

Actually, looking at how Smash 5 was announced with the Inklings being included as a big finale and bait and switch (heh) post the 3.0 and Octo Expansion update, this has actual merit. 

Announce FE 16, show off Smash 5 preview tournament with a playable FE 16 character. They even performed some Fates cross promotion by using Smash 4, so they could do this.

On 4/24/2018 at 12:16 AM, kiaxxl said:

Isn't Nintendo's financial results briefing on the 26th? That'd tell us if it was still on track for 2018, though that could be changed. 

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/index.html

Yup it'll likely still remain 2018 as they planned so the report is coming like very soon plus there's the next cipher event next month they might still remain silent regarding S14 and the theme or at least give a date of its preview would be perfect after E3 when they likely will reveal FE16 E3 is so close now!

If you scroll down to page 8, Fire Emblem is still slated for 2018 in all regions. A bit more definitive than 15 months ago. Breaking a promise to investors is not something you should ever do, so if there was going to be a delay, it would likely be reported by this point.

In light of my previous statement I am glad to see that it is not delayed, I am also glad that I was wrong.  Even though this is small news it is good news that we should cherish.  I guess now we just need to wait it out and be patient.  

Thinking about it some more, the report says the launch schedule of games are still subject to change at the bottom. A delay is still possible, these dates aren't set in stone. But I still think that since we're edging further into the year 2018, confirmations of a 2018 release become considerably more credible. 

It's also still plain ridiculous we have no name for the game. Pre-E3 Direct when?

3 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Thinking about it some more, the report says the launch schedule of games are still subject to change at the bottom. A delay is still possible, these dates aren't set in stone. But I still think that since we're edging further into the year 2018, confirmations of a 2018 release become considerably more credible. 

It's also still plain ridiculous we have no name for the game. Pre-E3 Direct when?

I think that if FE was going to be delayed they would have instead reported it the way they did with Pokemon where they said it was going to be released "2018 or later". The later tells us that Pokemon's development still isn't far along enough to nail down a release date for 2018. FE still being slated only for 2018 tells us that both development and localization (if it is going to release simultaneously) are going according to schedule so there isn't much reason to be pessimistic. The silence also makes sense if we go by their past marketing efforts with FE. They will not say anything until we get closer to the release date. E3 just so happens to come before that so that is when it will be revealed. I stand by my opinion that the only reason we even know it exists is because they were trying to hype up the Switch's lineup. Even though I really want info now...

I'm in the camp that it's going to stay as a 2018 release, especially after the new report, but man I really would not be all that shocked if they decided to drop something literally hours before E3.

Edited by Aelius
Forgot a thing

While I don't want to think so, I personally think it's what will occur, but I'm at the utmost confident that it will get a mention at E3, whether that mention is that it'll be released this year or that it's been moved to next year, who's to say.

My biggest hope is to have some sort of information soon, while Fire Emblem Heroes is fun and all that, it doesn't necessarily quell the excitement that accompanies a new mainline release.

17 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

It will as stated be patient......again.

I REALLY must ask, what's with your unwavering (and in my humble opinion, misplaced) confidence...??? There has been nothing whatsoever to make me hold out hope, but here you are with confidence that nothing can shake...

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I REALLY must ask, what's with your unwavering (and in my humble opinion, misplaced) confidence...??? There has been nothing whatsoever to make me hold out hope, but here you are with confidence that nothing can shake...

Oh I dunno. Maybe it's because it's still listed as a 2018 release on Nintendo's fiscal reports? Instead of 2018 or later like Pokemon. Or even TBA like Metroid and Bayonetta 3?

Edited by Serea-chan

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

When we have games like Final Fantasy XV, which was announced in 2006 for the PlayStation 2 and came out in 2016 on the PlayStation 4, silence on a game when it's barely been a year since the last main release is not something to get concerned over.