Do You Think FE Switch Is Just Going To Get Delayed Into Early 2019?

7 hours ago, Serea-chan said:

Oh I dunno. Maybe it's because it's still listed as a 2018 release on Nintendo's fiscal reports? Instead of 2018 or later like Pokemon. Or even TBA like Metroid and Bayonetta 3?

Exactly friend logic....couldn't had said it better....

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope not.. Q~Q

To be fair though, wasn't Echoes released pretty quickly after it was announced? It wouldn't be that crazy for them to suddenly announce it just a few months before its release. 

But we've learned that "Coming 2018" can also mean December 31st of 2018. xP 

16 hours ago, foxysauce said:

But we've learned that "Coming 2018" can also mean December 31st of 2018. xP 

...Which, I've learned, usually means "We have no idea when this thing's coming out, but it's PROBABLY this year.  Probably.  But it easily could be next year because screw you that's why".

Hopefully they won't delay it, but if they do, I hope it's for a good reason, like polishing up the game or tweaking mechanics: wanting more time for that kind of stuff I don't mind and can completely understand

We already got the latest reports its still 2018 with Yoshi and the new addition of Smash Switch also 2018 while Pokemon is still 50/50 and Bayonetta 3 and Metroid obviously TBA very likely for next year relax already......we got a month to go before E3....

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Likely, but not guaranteed. We still have over half a year left and FE games only need 3 months to be revealed and released.

On 4/28/2018 at 5:08 PM, Chconroy said:

When we have games like Final Fantasy XV, which was announced in 2006 for the PlayStation 2 and came out in 2016 on the PlayStation 4, silence on a game when it's barely been a year since the last main release is not something to get concerned over.

Ahh, FFXV, or any game helmed by Nomura, is the absolute worst possible example to use for game delays. FFXV development was reset AT LEAST twice, when they took so long the PS3 was irrelevant and when Tabata took over, so that Nomura could finally fucking finish KH3. AND FFVII REMAKE JUST GOT A TOTAL DEVELOPER RESET, TOO. Mind you, FFXV was supposed to be the sibling game to FFXIII, as Verses XIII, which had a whole trilogy released in the meantime, and FFXIV had released, failed, been reset from scratch, and was pushing it's second expansion by the time FFXV finally launched.

FFVSXIII/FFXV's dev cycle was a shitstorm. 

The best approximation is if Birthright launched, it remaining as decisive as it is, Revelation came along a bit later to acclaim, and then Conquest took so long that it became a stand-alone FE19 on the Nintendo Switch 2. Phew.

Edited by Altrosa

• 2 weeks later...

The lack of information on Fire Emblem Switch, Pokémon Switch and Metroid Prime 4 have me concerned that they may not make it this year (Pokémon might, but I doubt the other two will). Granted, Fire Emblem Fates was teased in like January or February of 2015 and released in Japan in June of the same year. Who knows, but from a sales perspective, delaying it to 2019 would be best. At least we'll have Valkyria Chronicles 4 to tide our hunger for strategy-RPG goodness until then.

Edited by Spiral the Gamer
Grammar error

2 hours ago, Spiral the Gamer said:

The lack of information on Fire Emblem Switch, Pokémon Switch and Metroid Prime 4 have me concerned that they may not make it this year (Pokémon might, but I doubt the other two will). Granted, Fire Emblem Fates was teased in like January or February of 2015 and released in Japan in June of the same year. Who knows, but from a sales perspective, delaying it to 2019 would be best. At least we'll have Valkyria Chronicles 4 to tide our hunger for strategy-RPG goodness until then.

MP4 was never stated to be released this year, but Pokemon and Fire Emblem are still scheduled for this year.

On 5/4/2018 at 5:59 PM, Altrosa said:

Ahh, FFXV, or any game helmed by Nomura, is the absolute worst possible example to use for game delays. FFXV development was reset AT LEAST twice, when they took so long the PS3 was irrelevant and when Tabata took over, so that Nomura could finally fucking finish KH3. AND FFVII REMAKE JUST GOT A TOTAL DEVELOPER RESET, TOO. Mind you, FFXV was supposed to be the sibling game to FFXIII, as Verses XIII, which had a whole trilogy released in the meantime, and FFXIV had released, failed, been reset from scratch, and was pushing it's second expansion by the time FFXV finally launched.

FFVSXIII/FFXV's dev cycle was a shitstorm. 

The best approximation is if Birthright launched, it remaining as decisive as it is, Revelation came along a bit later to acclaim, and then Conquest took so long that it became a stand-alone FE19 on the Nintendo Switch 2. Phew.

Because he was working on multiple projects at once, with VSXIII resting more on the backburner. And he was replaced as director because work on KHIII was actaully beggining in earnest; from his own words, it was announced too early. Everything shown during 2013 was just concept/mock-up footage. Development itself didn't begin in earnest for another year plus. 

Just because people had been waiting for it doesn't mean it had been in development for that long. With it in its final stages right now and on track for a 2018 release, it's got a 3-4 year development cycle; which is perfectly acceptable for a major title these days.

13 hours ago, Versailles said:

A game scheduled for release in 2018 but we’re already half way through year and there’s still nothing to show for it? Definitely gonna get delayed, I think. 

Every FE 3DS game had half a year or less between its announcement and Japanese release. We know that both Nintendo has transitioned over to worldwide releases and, on their fiscal report, still lists it as on track for 2018.

I'm expecting them to try out December, since it worked for Xenoblade 2.

5 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Just because people had been waiting for it doesn't mean it had been in development for that long. With it in its final stages right now and on track for a 2018 release, it's got a 3-4 year development cycle; which is perfectly acceptable for a major title these days.

Announcing to early seems to be a repeating issue for Square Enix. The release window and development messes they've had publicly for main franchises just fills me with angst from how important the PS1/PS2 eras of main SE franchises were to me.

3/4 years was the dev cycle for the version of FFXV we got.... when it initially dropped. But it's going to be closer to 7 years by the time they are done adding content, which might put it closer to the original vision before so much of the game was scrapped.

FFVII's Remake may be having one of the worst development hells we'll ever see considering it's already had over a year's worth of work tossed for quality reasons. 

Square Enix is a bizarre case of dev hells in the past decade, though. IS doesn't have any sort of track record like that.

19 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

Announcing to early seems to be a repeating issue for Square Enix. The release window and development messes they've had publicly for main franchises just fills me with angst from how important the PS1/PS2 eras of main SE franchises were to me.

3/4 years was the dev cycle for the version of FFXV we got.... when it initially dropped. But it's going to be closer to 7 years by the time they are done adding content, which might put it closer to the original vision before so much of the game was scrapped.

FFVII's Remake may be having one of the worst development hells we'll ever see considering it's already had over a year's worth of work tossed for quality reasons. 

Square Enix is a bizarre case of dev hells in the past decade, though. IS doesn't have any sort of track record like that.

Yeah very true thank Naga for that!

28 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

If the game isn't at E3, then yes, it was delayed to 2019.

Does FE have a history of delaying games?

Echoes wasn't delayed after it was announced, but they originally wanted the game to come out in September 2016.

13 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

Echoes wasn't delayed after it was announced, but they originally wanted the game to come out in September 2016.

Thank you.

So it doesn't seem like they have a track record of promising a certain year and not falling through. Delayments, yes, but before the announcement. Interesting...

Thanks for the info. If there isn't anything at E3. Then it looks like they'll have a blight on their record.

Well the finacial reports keep stating that the release for the game is still scheduled for this year,worldwide it seems too.I hope that the time window from the reveal to the release date will be a small one.

Edited by The Lazy Tactician

On 18/04/2018 at 8:12 PM, Book Bro said:

Honestly, I do.

It's extremely suspicious to me that we haven't heard a word for over a year while at the same time they've had multiple chances to remind us that it's on track. It's also not a good idea to release it near Smash or Pokemon, both strongly rumoured to release in the second half of this year.

Prove me wrong, IS.

They released Radiant Dawn in the same week as Super Mario Galaxy in North America. 

The Worldwide or western release will most likely be postponed until 2019. But I'm sure the Japanese version will be released in 2018. I can't remember how long Echoes took though in between releases. Wasn't it only one month? So it's possible that happens again. But Fire Emblem games have a past of taking a while to be released for worldwide after the official release.

9 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

The Worldwide or western release will most likely be postponed until 2019. But I'm sure the Japanese version will be released in 2018. I can't remember how long Echoes took though in between releases. Wasn't it only one month? So it's possible that happens again. But Fire Emblem games have a past of taking a while to be released for worldwide after the official release.

Echoes was only a month between the Japanese release and the Western release. That and the fact the Xenoblade 2 managed to be released on the same day worldwide makes a 2018 release not impossible to me.

1 minute ago, Chconroy said:

Echoes was only a month between the Japanese release and the Western release. That and the fact the Xenoblade 2 managed to be released on the same day worldwide makes a 2018 release not impossible to me.

Yeah, I agree.

Man I wish this forum had a like button.