Replace a lord with a minor character

CyberController

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Replace SD!Marth with Matthis. When Marth and his army (now very minor characters) arrive, Matthis catches sight of Julian staring at Lena and embarks in a quest to defeat the foul Thief and defend his dear sister's honour. Which involves him throwing his rapieresque javelins (effective against clerics) at Lena, who'd be the first boss for whatever reason. The final boss would be Julian, his favourite henchman would be Rickard, Navarre and Castor would just tag along, later joined by Malice and Dice, and noone would join Matthis because, I mean, who likes Matthis? Aside from yours truly...

And I as well.

Replace Alm with Atlas. Celica will end up with the right man this time

Make Sain the main character of Blazing Sword so we can turn the game into a campy romp about a hopeless womanizer fighting bandits to win the affections of fair maidens everywhere.

Make Elice the main character of Shadow Dragon so I can finally play dungeon princess simulator.

Make Flavia the main character of awakening so we can subvert the Fire Emblem trope of Noble Europeans with Badass Mongols.

Make Python the leader of the Deliverance so we can have 30-minute cut-scenes where it's just his advisers trying to get him to do something.

Make Elise the main character of Conquest so we can get the riveting rebellion quelling we all wanted.

Make Serra take the place of Lyn so that poor girl can finally be nobility.

Edited by PeaceRibbon

Roy with Lilina. The game is now a revenge quest featuring Lilina slowly losing herself to her desire for Zephiel/Narcian's head. Seems like it could make for interesting development for her, featuring Cecilia as Merlinus and Marcus, acting as an advisor and a Jagen.

My serious protagonist change would be to Tokyo Mirage Sessions where I would replace Itsuki and Tsubasa with literally anyone else in the party. Itsuki is a sack of flower and Tsubasa is a Mary Sue and I hate both of them as main characters. Touma, Kiria, Eleonora, Mamori, and Yashiro would all be way more interesting protagonists in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, PlaYeRaNoN said:

Corrin > Nyx/Elise

Eliwood > Ninian

Lol I misunderstood those as Corrin is greater than Nyx and Elise, and Eliwood is greater than Ninian (which he is)

To much damn math

On 4/19/2018 at 11:01 AM, Purple Mage said:

Lyn, Eliwood, Hector -> Lucius, Erk, Canas

Keeps the Speed, Balanced, Power trio of the originals, plus that weapon triangle complementary-ness is just cool.

This. Canas is the best and deserves his own game :)

I’d replace Eirika and Ephraim with :KnollRoll:

Edited by ShadowAlchemist

On 4/19/2018 at 7:23 AM, PlaYeRaNoN said:

Corrin > Nyx/Elise

That would be an interesting combo. A cheerful young girl and a gloomy old one. They'd save Nohr from evil together!

Hmmm...Mozu replaces Corrin. After her village is destroyed by faceless, she rallies the survivors to protect what remains. Realizing that neither side cares about the common folk, she starts a revolution to create a better tomorrow. Instead of a Yato, she has a version of Gáe Bolg with her.

Felicia becomes the lord of her own game? Well, I  think the main plot would be whether she should follow her master (reimagined to be Garon himself), or help the Ice Tribe become independent. And it'd be interesting to see a lord who uses knives instead of a sword.

I'd love to have Mozu be the main lord of Fates, if only to throw out the notion that every Fire Emblem main character (with the exception of Ike) has to be nobility / royalty.

Sacred Stones with Artur and Lute instead of Ephraim and Eirika would also be really interesting, I believe.

Edited by DragonFlames

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2018 at 11:06 PM, DragonFlames said:

I'd love to have Mozu be the main lord of Fates, if only to throw out the notion that every Fire Emblem main character (with the exception of Ike) has to be nobility / royalty.

Does that mean the Yato's now a spear?

1 hour ago, CyberController said:

Does that mean the Yato's now a spear?

Sure, why not? It would be a nice change of pace to have the "main" legendary weapon be a lance instead of a sword for once (Sacred Stones doesn't count, since the lance was only "co-main" alongside a sword.

Although I guess you could keep it as a sword, considering Mozu can promote into a Master of Arms. It would be cool to have the Yato transform into whatever main weapon the class Mozu is currently in uses (so, for Kinshi-Knight, Sniper and Merchant, it would turn into a bow, a sword for Master of Arms etc.)

Edited by DragonFlames

On 5/11/2018 at 5:27 AM, Zawisza Czarny said:

Take Arvis and replace him with Arden; now no-one has any choice but to take Arden seriously.

Baron Arden!

Leif with Marty. The Marty Party takes on Thracia. There were no survivors.

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Baron Arden!

Leif with Marty. The Marty Party takes on Thracia. There were no survivors.

I hate to burst your bubble, but I think I already beat you to the punch there:

On 4/18/2018 at 10:18 PM, Von Ithipathachai said:

I would replace Leif with Marty, so the Marty Party would truly never stop.

3 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I hate to burst your bubble, but I think I already beat you to the punch there:

Apologies, must have missed it.

Leif with Ronan then. You'd have to keep a guy who has even worse combat and who can't capture in all of the maps. Sounds like fun. It would also make no sense why he's there at all, how did he even replace Leif? Did he join na Fianna after Leif went missing and they had to go look for him, but it was resolved quickly when they got to Ith? Only for Ronan to decide he likes leadership and somehow take over the group?

Let's try something that would completely change the plot: replace Lyn with Nino.

As members of the Black Fang, you would journey around Elibe defeating foes for Nergal. This would get Nino promoted up the ranks to eventually become the Fifth Fang. However, in doing this, she also learns of the plot of gathering EXP quintessence and creating morphs. Nino is horrified at first, but caves after realising that it's the only way for humanity to survive the dragon refugee crisis. However, she does insist on creating a ritual to make the morphs keep their memories, so that the people who are "killed" by the fang don't actually die. After doing this ritual, Nino volunteers become a morph herself (cue promoted class) and becomes much stronger. Eventually, the fang conquers the lands and tries to open the dragon's gate. However, Ninian, a dragon who is rebelling on behalf of the humans who wish to keep their bodies, tries to stop you. She is the final boss. After felling Ninian, the dragons are returned to the world, and humanity lives in peace with their new bodies under the dragons' rule. And they all live happily ever after!