Endgame on normal help

I'm doing a second playthrough on normal and Ashera is wrecking my shit.

Last time I played on easy when iirc she doesn't attack unless someone is in her range while on normal on the second turn she ends up taking out one of my weaker units easily.

Is there a way to clear the level quickly?  and would it be better to 'lowman' this level and not use anyone who will get wrecked on the second turn, or will not filling deployment slots be too risky?

47 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Who are you using, and what are their stats?

Ike Vanguard lv 18

Micaiah light priestess level 16

Kurthnaga level 34

Nailah level 36

Soren Archsage level 15 

Shinon Marksman level 15

Mia Trueblade level 15 w/ Vague Katti

Nephenee Sentiel level 15

Tibarn level 34

Elincia level 15

Zihark Trueblade level 15 w/ Alondite

Pelleas Archsage level 17 (planning on giving his Balberith to Lehran so he will mostly be staffbotting)

Reyson level 23

Nasir level 34

Ena level 30

Sothe Whisper level 15

Gareth level 31

Sanaki level 15

Lehran

thats all my units but I'm honestly considering lowmanning since filling the slots means a weaker unit will get ruined on turn 2.

I would give Lehran Rexaura instead - Balberith is rather inaccurate, and not strong enough to make up for it. Also, you are using Parity and Nihil, are you not? And you didn't forget the Fortify in 4-4, did you? And if you have leftover BEXP, I would use that now.

EDIT: There is a pattern to Ashera's attacks, so if you find that out, you should be better able to survive.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

There's huge difficulty gap between easy and normal.

1. Ashera attacks only in each second turn in easy, in each single turn in normal. The pattern is: 

Turn 1: physical map attack (beware of placing mages and Heron next to her)

Turn 2: magical single attack (beware of having anyome with <29 speed because they will get killed)

Turn 3: magical map attack

Turn 4: physical single attack

Turn 5: silence map attack

(Maybe the order of turn 3 and 4 is mixed)

2. On easy each blessed weapon gives the unit +5 to everything except HP and luck iirc.

How to beat this chapter easily?

1. Use magic users to attack the outside auras and physical units the inside auras. But before make sure to check if mages will survive Ashera's physical attack.

2. Make use of Ena, Gareth and Nasir. Their strength and speed support help a lot. Elincia with >33 speed can even ORKO an inside aura, if she stands next to these three.  

3. Give nihil to the units who benefit from their dragon support like Elincia or Shinon and parity (if you have that skill) to units who can double the auras without whitepool (-> Tibarn or Mia).

4. Try to kill the spirits with weaker units.

5. Fortify (with Micaiah obviously) before turn ends.

Side note: Ashera's single attacks won't attack anyone who did not attack one of her auras at least once.

Her attack power lowers the further away the target is and she has limited range. Try moving weaker units away when she's about to attack. Her attack patterns are listed here.

Ashera cannot be harmed when she still has surrounding Auroras. The Auroras will return half their taken damage, unless their foe has Nihil (or uses Parity) or they are KO’d by the hit.

Ashera has varying attacks that she can use during her turn. They are as follows:

Turn 1: Multiple-target physical attack (Range: All, Attack: 60 – [3 x Number of spaces between user and enemy], Hit: 245)

Turn 2: Single-target magical attack (Range: 1~7, Attack: 65, Hit: 245, Attack Speed: 28)

Turn 3: Multiple-target magical attack (Range: All, Attack: 65 – [3 x Number of spaces between user and enemy], Hit: 245)

Turn 4: Single-target physical attack (Range:1~7, Attack: 58, Hit: 245, Attack Speed: 28)

Turn 5: Multiple-target Silence attack (Range: All)

Turn 6-9: Same as Turn 1-4

Turn 10: Multiple-target Stun attack (Range: All)

Turn 11+: Cycles through all the above

(All attacks cannot critical.)

Only Ike can finish off Ashera, otherwise she will keep reviving herself (in Easy Mode she will regain few HP, but in Normal/Hard Mode she will regain all HP).

Also keep in mind that the auras on the corners have more defense and the auras in between have more resistance. They have 35 speed, so anyone with 39+ attack speed can double them, and Nasir's White Pool can get anyone with 34+ AS up to that threshold, along with boosting Magic.

Just in case you are not aware of this, every single floor tile on this map give you some sort of bonus. They either offer healing, or a massive +10 to either physical defense or magical defense. So take advantage of that,

Ok thanks for the advice guys, so if I keep my units who can get orko'd by her single attacks away from her aura's will that help?

Also I have a few units with nihil and parity which i will use as my 'main' aura killers.

EDIT: managed to do it, in the end I just made sure that anyone who couldn't take a hit from a single attack was kept to attacking spirits, thanks for the tips.

Edited by PhantomL

9 hours ago, Florete said:

Her attack power lowers the further away the target is and she has limited range. Try moving weaker units away when she's about to attack. Her attack patterns are listed here.

Also keep in mind that the auras on the corners have more defense and the auras in between have more resistance. They have 35 speed, so anyone with 39+ attack speed can double them, and Nasir's White Pool can get anyone with 34+ AS up to that threshold, along with boosting Magic.

On turn 10, if everyone gets stunned, isn't that basically game over?