Top 10 MORE best ideas for Fire Emblem villains

ViceTOLUCT

1. An evil dictator who wants to rule over not just the world, but time and space

2. An evil dictator who tries to thin out the world population by starving people to death

3. A knight working for the protagonist who has unethical work methods and is a misogynist

4. A mad scientist who wants to raise the world's landmass

5. A knight who leads a mercenary army against his king because he was blamed by something he didn't do and takes it out on the king

6. A terrorist organization that wants to DESTROY the Fire Emblem

7. An army from another continent invading another continent

8. A protagonist who is actually the antagonist

9. An alien from outer space wanting to destroy the continent

10. A spoony bard that raped the Protagonist's sister.

38 minutes ago, ViceTOLUCT said:

8. A protagonist who is actually the antagonist

I like the idea of playing as a villian (which happens to a certain extent with Robin). I like to be reminded that the heroes aren't always the victors in a story...

Spoiler

...which is why the movie Glory is so appealing to me.

I like number 5 the best. We got a taste of Civil War in RD with Ludveck, but I think it could be expanded upon. Especially if we find out a neighboring nation or two has been helping them overthrow the kingdom. Could work as either a protagonist and antagonist. (Isn't there a game with a similar premise now that I think about it? I forget what it's called, but the PS4 version is one side and the Vita version is the other.)

My idea ~inspired by the historical character Diao Chan~

The antagonist is a beautiful woman that works in the castle as a dancer/songstress/concubine/attendant/etc. However, she has caught the attention of not only the Prince, but his Right Hand Man (who's a military commander) as well. She slowly turns them against one another, dividing the army. Meanwhile, her background includes association from some sort of anti-monarchy faction/dark dragon cult/etc. Maybe she can be some witch that's really old and the beautiful facade is just merely a disguise. She eventually takes over the group she works for, becomes some sort of monster as a final boss. So basically, she's a cross between Diao Chan, Loki (Heroes), and Lyon.

reptilian people, mark zuckerberg seems to be the main villain but at the end of the game zuckerberg is defeated and it's revealed that george soros was the true leader of the reptilians and you have to defeat the reptilians to protect the world from the evils of science and technology. takes place some time between shadow dragon and awakening, explaining why technology didn't progress for 3000 years between the two games, because the reptilians controlling the world and creating alien technology were defeated

Bandits. For the entire game. Or pirates. SHANTY PETE AS THE FINAL BOSS.

Number 4 can be reversed. Pirates led by a mad scientist who wants to increase the oceanmass so pirates would have more room to sail.

Medieval Hoenn!

Edited by Dragoncat

14 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Who the hell is Shanty Pete?

He's a pirate mentioned in a few FE games by other pirates. In PoR:

Marcia:
“Hey! You! Boat monkey! You tricked me, didn’t you?”

Havetti:
“Tricked ye? What a vile and nasty thing that is to be sayin’. Don’t ye agree, matey?”

Pirate:
“Yar, that I do! There be nothing but honest pirates aboard this ship, missy.”

Marcia:
“You said you knew the whereabouts of my older brother. That’s why I came all the way to your ship.”

Havetti:
“Aye, and we do know! He was on board for a while, and then…Do ye recall where he went, matey?”

Pirate:
“Yar, that I do. He was a penniless oaf, so we tossed his worthless carcass into the rolling waves. Yar har ho!”

Marcia:
“My… My brother? That’s horrid!”

Pirate:
“Horrid? Did ye say horrid? Yer scurvy brother was the horrid one! He lost a game o’ chance, he did. If ye lose, ye must pay…And the scallywag tried to cheat me! By Shanty Pete he did!”